User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:05   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Where do you find out about decent bands?

Other than the charts.
And I'm not really talking about mainstream bands.
Thanks.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:07   #2
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Where do you find out about decent bands?

Friends, local gigs.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:23   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

www.goldstandardlabs.com
www.cstrecords.com

are good places to start

edit: also try reading interviews of the bands you already like and check out any bands they recommend/play with, then if you like some read some of their interviews and check out the bands they like/play with, etc!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.

Last edited by Embroglio; 15 Dec 2004 at 17:30.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:24   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dont find out about new bands anymore im out of the loop
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:35   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Friends, internet, Oor (dutch magazine).
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 21:10   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think I've found a new band I liked in years. Frankly if something world class enough breaks through I'm sure some faggot I know who cares about music will tell me.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 21:21   #7
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

http://www.musicplasma.com/

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 22:17   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

NME. specifically, the ads in the back. the mag itself is utter shite.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 22:19   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Where do you find out about decent bands?

Talking with friends and going to gigs is how I do it.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 22:30   #10
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

these people go to my school so i know them wow
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 22:42   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/best/
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:02   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The charts on Radio 1 and Top Of The Pops.

As a consiquence, I don't think there are any decent bands left

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:17   #13
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

www.epitonic.com
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:43   #14
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Friends, but radio most of the time. (there actually is a radio station that is sometimes decent here)
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:59   #15
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
the reviews on that website are ****ing horrible
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 01:07   #16
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

6Music is good for indie-type stuff, they play new bands fairly often. I mainly get to hear of stuff through the indie-society at uni though, I hear a band mentioned, or hear something at a gig and then I'll go and find more if I like them. Going to gigs is good too, as nearly always the support-bands are new, and so you get to see them cheap. I saw both Franz Ferdinand and The Killers over a year ago for the first time (before NME got to them...) and I'd put money (just a small amount) on one or both of Bloc Party and The Futureheads being next spring/summer's big "new" indie things.
Basically, just talk to people about music, ask what other people like (if they have similar tastes to yourself it's better) and then go listen to it.
If you use soulseek, it has a nifty "reccomend" feature, where you enter some bands you like, and it will give you some (good, in my experience) reccomendations.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 01:59   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

XFM is the first place I hear for good new bands.

Then there's Radio 1's 7pm slot ('In new music we trust' advert)

That's about it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been listening to the radio for the last two and a half months and I've got no clue who's new and hot.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 06:24   #18
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK call me sad but when i like a type of music or a particular band and want to here more sutff like that i go to http://www.amazon.co.uk or its us counter-part. The reason i do this is because you can search by genre then ill will just pick random names and search for them on limewire, kazaa lite or what ever. Also say you like Mos Def - if you are into hip hop check him out . But say you like Mos Def and you want to find more music like his from people who like him to. Search for him on amazon and down the side a list of lists will appear. These lists have been made by people who listen to the artist or genre in question. Here is an example of a list which i found whilst searching for Mos Def - I dont know how good it is i just clicked on the first one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...747984-7657448

PS: Just looked at the list if you are into hip hop seriously check this out some great albums especially the mos def, talib kweli and J 5 ones
PPS: if your into hip hop get mos def - black on both sides
PPPS: The best way to find new music is listenening to everything. You will quickly know what is shit and what isnt. May i advise all of you who havent got into jazz to take the time to listen to it. If you want to speak about music i love it come find me on irc.
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 14:18   #19
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
the reviews on that website are ****ing horrible
I used to think that but I've changed my mind. Yeah, they tend to be hideously pretentious drivel that makes the writer look like a failing English lit student, but they're more interesting than most music reviews. I mean, does anyone actually bother to read, or learn anything, from the standard crap that goes along the lines of "Track 3 opens with a dark blast of ambient guitar music before giving over to an eclectic mix of neofolk inspired backbeats, setting the scene nicely for the luscious drum-centered melodies of Track 4"? It's hard to be interesting when you're reviewing a music album - there isn't really much you can say. Besides, their review of Kid A set new standards for music journalism.

In any case, I didn't say he should actually read the reviews. Just look at the final rating they give - the Pitchfork staff might not know how to write, but they certainly know what constitutes a good album.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 14:59   #20
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Checking out support bands when they're headlining.

P.S. ever heard Bloc Party?
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 19:24   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the Pitchfork staff might not know how to write, but they certainly know what constitutes a good album.
But Kid A wasn't very good.

Anyway, I use a combination of word of mouth recommendations, forums, movie soundtracks, and as Emby said, other bands recommendations. I also go clubbing quite regularly and hear a lot of music that way.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 19:46   #22
Embroglio

Quote:
In any case, I didn't say he should actually read the reviews. Just look at the final rating they give - the Pitchfork staff might not know how to write, but they certainly know what constitutes a good album.
you lie, you go to hell
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 21:36   #23
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Kid A had one single which I liked but I can't remember what's it called now. I think it may have been the first single.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 21:39   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Checking out support bands when they're headlining.

P.S. ever heard Bloc Party?
bloc party are rather fab. should have seen them at leeds, but hindsight is even MORE fab.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 21:45   #25
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Friends, local gigs.
Speaks the truth.

Just go to gigs.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 21:50   #26
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I rarely go to gigs as my limited circle of friends all have a different taste in music then I do

Except for one, but he's chainballed by the wife.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 22:18   #27
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Except for one, but he's chainballed by the wife.
He'll be saying the same about you in a month
:xmas:
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 22:46   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

She likes rock, metal, alternative, breakbeat and stuff

<3
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 22:48   #29
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
bloc party are rather fab. should have seen them at leeds, but hindsight is even MORE fab.
I saw them in birmingham, and I'm seeing them again in January (NME tour, yay!) so haha!
Their album is out February 14th, I will be queing up from around mid-january.
P.S. Futureheads are good too, and their album's already out so go buy it for while you're waiting.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:45   #30
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I really liked Kid A.
The track, Kid A, makes me feel like i'm in the womb again .
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 01:50   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yeah it's the perfect album to fall asleep with, and that's what I am going to do right now
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 02:11   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
breakbeat
That can't possibly be a real style of music.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 05:26   #33
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

it isnt
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 06:25   #34
nick
modest sagacity

nick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
6Music is good for indie-type stuff, they play new bands fairly often. I mainly get to hear of stuff through the indie-society at uni though, I hear a band mentioned, or hear something at a gig and then I'll go and find more if I like them. Going to gigs is good too, as nearly always the support-bands are new, and so you get to see them cheap. I saw both Franz Ferdinand and The Killers over a year ago for the first time (before NME got to them...) and I'd put money (just a small amount) on one or both of Bloc Party and The Futureheads being next spring/summer's big "new" indie things.
Basically, just talk to people about music, ask what other people like (if they have similar tastes to yourself it's better) and then go listen to it.
If you use soulseek, it has a nifty "reccomend" feature, where you enter some bands you like, and it will give you some (good, in my experience) reccomendations.
Bloc party are the next big thing
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 14:49   #35
Weeks
Banned

Well bollocks, I may buy a digital radio then.
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 15:05   #36
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i dont find out about new bands anymore im out of the loop