User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 May 2004, 13:43   #1
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
reasons to be cheerfull 1 2 3!!!!

1. []LCH[] are still playing PA and it would seem they have an intact reputation as a good alliance, they are still recruiting and are mentioned as a possible winner of this approaching round. Would be good for an alliance such as []LCH[] to do well, as it would show all players you can have fun, be treated with respect as a member of an alliance and still win the game. Victory at the cost of individual members is a shallow victory.

2.New alliances are showing face, and even being bantered as possible winners, those of you who have seen this before will know what normally happens to "l33t" new alliances. IMHO the leaders of these l33t alliances normally try to use thier members who they deem as pawns or soldiers and in the end the alliance fails, but we will see, lets hope they do well in this round and liven the game up.

3.FAnG are sticking to thier guns and aiming for a double, normally winning alliances claim all sorts of shite, but these guys are doing it the right way. Wonder if they will really be targeted by all, or rather respected and feared?

Being somewhat out of the frame in game politics, god knows what "blocks" or agreements are being made, I find it hard to believe any alliance (UP1, FAnG or WP) aiming for a win will go solo behind the scenes, as usual all HC will claim to go solo and then do everything they "need" to do to get the victory for thier alliance members *cough cough*..
Looks like its gonna be a fun round, best of luck to all alliances, but of course I do hope that []LCH[] wins.

<edit typo>

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 13:50   #2
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Re: reasons to be cheerfull 1 2 3!!!!

nice collors.
Unread 31 May 2004, 14:15   #3
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

cool

1 btw
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:01   #4
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:16   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think LCH or FAnG will win, or come close.
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:24   #6
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I don't think LCH or FAnG will win, or come close.
Sounds like your realy full of yourself m8
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:45   #7
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Expressing an opinion is now considered being full of yourself ? You really are a gem aren't you "Ace" ?

I don’t think Lupine Crux are going to win, am I full of myself now to ?
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:56   #8
waassaa
unknown to all

hehehe, at least use some colours on this one peeps.

Tomkat matey...when did you learn to play well enough to have an opinion < this parts a joke btw.

Of course []LCH[] as could FAnG or a host of other alliances, just cause a few old soldiers have returned to the game, doesnīt mean 1UP will walk it (I know..I know you havenīt said they will).

If you read what i posted, I said they have been mentioned as a possible, this alone is for me a reason to be cheerfull, they have stuck it out and become respected(at least by some) and "I" (and maybe only I) hope they win.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:01   #9
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by waassaa
Being somewhat out of the frame in game politics, god knows what "blocks" or agreements are being made, I find it hard to believe any alliance (UP1, FAnG or WP) aiming for a win will go solo behind the scenes, as usual all HC will claim to go solo and then do everything they "need" to do to get the victory for thier alliance members *cough cough*..
Looks like its gonna be a fun round, best of luck to all alliances, but of course I do hope that []LCH[] wins.

its 1up and not up1.
After reading your analysis of alliance politics, can we freely assume you wish to block because you know "all hc will claim to go solo and do everything they need to do" ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:12   #10
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
its 1up and not up1.
After reading your analysis of alliance politics, can we freely assume you wish to block because you know "all hc will claim to go solo and do everything they need to do" ?
You can assume what you want mate, i have no intention of playing as stated in the other thread you are trying to pull apart.
i was simply talking from expierence and how things have been, of course they are different now because....erm...because...

I know, you tell me why they are different.

Unread 31 May 2004, 16:17   #11
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

because every round is different ?
Not unlikely that enemies of former rounds team up in a new round or that former "brothers in arms" go violently against each other for the topspot etc etc

The proposal to go solo has been there for a few rounds and in r8 the majority failed to join it which allowed a quick domination and another 2 war block. R6 Deus was able to play a dynamic 3 block round and. Each round is different and if its good or bad is usually only a matter of the viewpoint.

If ppl dont want to give the proposal a chance im sure either way the round will be played. If ppl do the round will also be played. What role 1up or lch plays is totally unimportant to the universe since it will be only 200 players max of xk's of planets
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:30   #12
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
because every round is different ?
Not unlikely that enemies of former rounds team up in a new round or that former "brothers in arms" go violently against each other for the topspot etc etc

The proposal to go solo has been there for a few rounds and in r8 the majority failed to join it which allowed a quick domination and another 2 war block. R6 Deus was able to play a dynamic 3 block round and. Each round is different and if its good or bad is usually only a matter of the viewpoint.

If ppl dont want to give the proposal a chance im sure either way the round will be played. If ppl do the round will also be played. What role 1up or lch plays is totally unimportant to the universe since it will be only 200 players max of xk's of planets
In the universe of the game today 200 planets make a big difference.
Point I was trying to make is , as you mentioned "non block "rounds have been talked about for a few rounds, and every time its the major alliances who block anyways, behind closed doors at it were.
i find it hard to believe you guys donīt have plans on hold but already set up, just in case a block is formed against you. And if you have that, its hard to find the time point to say, "wait no, we arenīt gonna work with you.".

Unread 31 May 2004, 16:33   #13
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
In the universe of the game today 200 planets make a big difference.
Point I was trying to make is , as you mentioned "non block "rounds have been talked about for a few rounds, and every time its the major alliances who block anyways, behind closed doors at it were.
i find it hard to believe you guys donīt have plans on hold but already set up, just in case a block is formed against you. And if you have that, its hard to find the time point to say, "wait no, we arenīt gonna work with you.".
So this means because you cant think of a round without blocking, not that it matters since you dont plan to play anyways, noone else is allowed to plan on playing solo ?

This sounds someway wrong to me. Either you a) know nothing about 1up (something youve shown a few times but which is excused since you only came here a few days ago after a long leave) or b) you have no hope or faith into ppl playing the game differently then you prefer to do.
c) you see yourself as the measurement of all wisdom and believe you know the answers to all questions which would ofc mean that anyone not thinking along your lines would be a heretic.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:49   #14
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
So this means because you cant think of a round without blocking, not that it matters since you dont plan to play anyways, noone else is allowed to plan on playing solo ?

This sounds someway wrong to me. Either you a) know nothing about 1up (something youve shown a few times but which is excused since you only came here a few days ago after a long leave) or b) you have no hope or faith into ppl playing the game differently then you prefer to do.
c) you see yourself as the measurement of all wisdom and believe you know the answers to all questions which would ofc mean that anyone not thinking along your lines would be a heretic.
ok with c) I have to agree, i think you can read that i think this way out of my posts anyways....or for those who donīt understand sarcasm...cheap shot focht.

to a), yes i know nothing about 1UP, i mean who could, as you say you havenīt even appointed officers yet, although these posts and attitude seem so familar...wierd, no matter, i have stated my opinions (you will allow me opinions I hope) are based on rumour and from what i have read here.

b) i donīt or wouldnīt want to play the game in a block, if this game could be played without blocking every victory would be sweeter, 2nd 3rd and 4th would be worth having too, however I have no fatih in players here, in that you are right, winning by any means is sooooo PA.

Unread 31 May 2004, 16:56   #15
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Sounds like your realy full of yourself m8
Why? Because I said I don't expect either of two alliances to win?

I could say "I don't expect F-Crew to win" or "I don't expect The Honor Guard to win". It doesn't mean I'm full of myself, it's just my opinion.

I wish you'd read my posts before replying, I'm getting bored having to explain them to you
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:00   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

waassaa if you
a) only know rumors
b) have no faith in the game and are generally bitter

why make up posts and trying to slander 1up ?
An alliance you dont know for a vision you would like to share but dont believe in.

Sounds weird, unless you have other intentions.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:02   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Why do I feel a 'deja vu' every time I read a thread on AD?
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:09   #18
waassaa
unknown to all

focht bit selective there matey,
I stated according to you, no one can "know" 1UP, if thats right everyone can only form opinions based on what "you" and your 1UP members post on these forums, that i have done.

I am not bitter about PA or the people playing it, just people generally follow patterns and i see nothing that will tell me the "blocking" pattern will change.

on a side note, a personel attack (not too harsh though) on someone on these threads doesnīt help your cause. If you donīt want your alliance to be talked about, for good as well as bad, donīt post on these forums, its that easy really.

misinformed and out of the picture in BCN (sarcasm)
yours sincerly

waassaa

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:12   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Your sig makes me feel happy Nadar as it's pretty.
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:20   #20
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

you will never prevent ppl talking about you, if you post or not.
I asked you why you make up posts not why you post, there is a difference.

a) you make a thread about LCH and imply in the end there will be other alliances blocking, without having any proof or any knowledge of the alliances you talk about - baseless accusations dont make your credible

b) you make a 2nd thread about an alliance you dont know anything about (again you admit that yourself) and spread rumors about them forming a block, baseless and according to the facts known completely made up again.

After beeing corrected and admitting you only know rumors you go on and tell us that you have no faith in the community and that you dont plan to play, then i wonder why you decided to harass 1up in your posts, if you dont know anything about them, only spread rumors and have no intentions to play/accept different views.

To me this all looks like one of the lame "omg they must be blocking, im sure they do but i have no proof" posts we have seen in the past so often from Fang. Quiet a posting spree for someone who is just back for a few days.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:21   #21
Tomkat

Quote:
I am not bitter about PA or the people playing it, just people generally follow patterns and i see nothing that will tell me the "blocking" pattern will change.
That's the problem - people don't like change.
If all major alliances could agree to play solo, and abide by it, then this stigma of everyone having to block up for each round might be removed for future ones, making the game hopefully more enjoyable.
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:27   #22
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
That's the problem - people don't like change.
If all major alliances could agree to play solo, and abide by it, then this stigma of everyone having to block up for each round might be removed for future ones, making the game hopefully more enjoyable.
agree, but would seem you agree with me, ie thats the problem

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:30   #23
Tomkat

Quote:
agree, but would seem you agree with me, ie thats the problem
So why are you trying to convince people that 1up are liars, and this is all some big scheme by Sid? There are some naive people out there who would probably believe you on here, and then ally to stop this non-existent masterplan. Which will ruin the round
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:34   #24
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
you will never prevent ppl talking about you, if you post or not.
I asked you why you make up posts not why you post, there is a difference.

a) you make a thread about LCH and imply in the end there will be other alliances blocking, without having any proof or any knowledge of the alliances you talk about - baseless accusations dont make your credible

b) you make a 2nd thread about an alliance you dont know anything about (again you admit that yourself) and spread rumors about them forming a block, baseless and according to the facts known completely made up again.

After beeing corrected and admitting you only know rumors you go on and tell us that you have no faith in the community and that you dont plan to play, then i wonder why you decided to harass 1up in your posts, if you dont know anything about them, only spread rumors and have no intentions to play/accept different views.

To me this all looks like one of the lame "omg they must be blocking, im sure they do but i have no proof" posts we have seen in the past so often from Fang. Quiet a posting spree for someone who is just back for a few days.

I donīt consider myself corrected, in the original post I annouced i was "quoting" rumours. I talked mainly about 1Up as you guys seem to be the main posters here, and therefore it was easy to quote you or post "questions" to you. As i said if your members post here, they will be talked about.

i have no idea if your going to block, i think however i stated that if sid said you ainīt i would tend to take that at face value. i also believe that it would be good for 1UP for a no block round and that is why you are trying to push it, not for the good of the community which is how you are trying to come off.

so really you can find no faults in my opinions, exept that they donīt suit you, and that you will have to live with.

As for me posting here, Its a bank holiday in BCN and I am bored stupid ...back to work tomorrow.

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:38   #25
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
So why are you trying to convince people that 1up are liars, and this is all some big scheme by Sid? There are some naive people out there who would probably believe you on here, and then ally to stop this non-existent masterplan. Which will ruin the round
erm i didnīt call you liars or even imply it.
fcuking hell tomkat thats taking it a bit far.

As for making the game better for everyone, people in charge of the alliances have never had that at heart, winning for thier alliance members, always took priority.
I believ 1UP are looking for a non block round, but for sure for reasons of thier own.

i talked of people blocking in a general way, as they have always done it.

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:43   #26
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

thats an assumption waassaa, an unfair one aswell since you judge alot of ppl who were never in the chance of winning aswell and you judge ppl youve never played with.

I for one am a winner at all costs. i have no problem admitting that.
Tho i have no function atm in 1up and i would rather play 1 round for the good of my alliance (including fun) instead of massively overblocking and winning the round easily.
I have "won" enough rounds with my alliances and lost enough to know even winning means not neccessarily having fun. R5 -> R6 is the prime example for me to back that claim up.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:47   #27
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
erm i didnīt call you liars or even imply it.
fcuking hell tomkat thats taking it a bit far.
Infact you have by stating you dont believe in the proposal we have made and by adding low motives to it. Further you actively published "rumors" implying directly 1up and sid were/are liars since they have in this rumor already wished for alliance partners.
To back this claim up you wrote in your other thread exactly the same.
So you did imply and actively state that you think 1up lied about their intentions.
So dont be angry if someone points that out.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:52   #28
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

"creates an alliance and prepares to play"
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:59   #29
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Infact you have by stating you dont believe in the proposal we have made and by adding low motives to it. Further you actively published "rumors" implying directly 1up and sid were/are liars since they have in this rumor already wished for alliance partners.
To back this claim up you wrote in your other thread exactly the same.
So you did imply and actively state that you think 1up lied about their intentions.
So dont be angry if someone points that out.
i do question your motives yes, I havenīt said 1UP wished for alliance partners, i said alliances have normally back up plans in the pocket.
I f questioning your motives makes you liars...hhmm, hard one to call.

<for focht>
however this is a game and i would stop short of calling anyone a liar.
so from me to you, if it came across that way i appologise sincerly
</for focht>

Unread 31 May 2004, 18:05   #30
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Bos-Fimus might try to follow the whole no uber block thing but I cannot promise anything!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote