User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 16:33   #1
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
First Impressions of Command

Going with Fred's threads - I'll post this. Who has been a command member you had to deal with NOT from your alliance, and NOT someone you knew beforehand. Im talking first impressions, not continuous talk and dealings.

Mine would have to be:

1) Fred - For teaching me the game and that loyalty is essential in this game. He protected me and nursed me, for this I will always remember. I think I learnt well.

2) Crywolf - My first major name attacker. Got to talk to him throughout the attack. Was great fun. He stole 3 ticks of roids, but it was fun nonetheless

3) Are - My first ever contact with Legion in r2. He launched upon C48r, my resistance pro-Fury cluster alliance battling vs c48A in secret. After consulting with him he allowed me to defend within c48r in breach of the Fury/Legion NAP and said if we succeeded then he would not report it. He kept to his word, even after some Legion ppl lost some fleet.

4) McIvan - First person within parallel 7 to remotely figure out who I was (I blatantly wasnt hiding my identify but I wasnt a very well known Fury back in r4). He kept his promise to not reveal me, and actually supported me. My one true ally that round, without Fury policy guidance.

5) Lokken - Pledged support to me within parallel 7. Even though he wasn't actually in the parallel and that I wasnt anybody in Fury at the start of our cooperation, he did not treat me as someone lower than himself. Our fruitful cooperation worked and established Se7en as a Fury/Tuba stronghold.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 16:35   #2
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
1) Zhil - God. Gave me the chance I had been waiting 4 rounds for

GZO ffs

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 16:38   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
1) lord dain seemed like a crazy fe**er when we launched a joint nemesis/rock attack , turns out first impressions of him were correct

2) nova same attack same time same impression

3)hellshine and fedaiken first time i met them in joint channel both seemed resonable ppl willing to cooperate despite the fact we had never met before

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel

Last edited by gzambo; 7 Nov 2002 at 18:06.
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:17   #4
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
a person called Sid who thought I was a spy in round2 :/
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:23   #5
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
The first command member of a different alliance i had to deal with was Sid. He very quickly taught me to never count on the honour of others and to never expect an alliance would actually fullfill it's agreements if it benefits from not doing so. While the lesson was painfull it was a very usefull one.

Aside from that first meetings with other command members were largely unsignificant when it comes to learning anything...

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:43   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
fred rocks if he can teach you the game on a first impression
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 17:50   #7
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
fred rocks if he can teach you the game on a first impression
Poorly worded, but Fred taught some basic principles and without his help I probably would have quit

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:00   #8
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
The first command member of a different alliance i had to deal with was Sid. He very quickly taught me to never count on the honour of others and to never expect an alliance would actually fullfill it's agreements if it benefits from not doing so. While the lesson was painfull it was a very usefull one.

Aside from that first meetings with other command members were largely unsignificant when it comes to learning anything...
\o/
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:49   #9
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
I had a nice run-in with Equinox in r4. If it taught me anything, it was that jumped-up, self-important idiots who have to resort to threats to get what they want can safely be ignored 99% of the time

I learned to be less trusting from an encounter with Cayl in round 5, when we spent quite a while having a very enjoyable chat about PA history and agreed to make an informal deal for a NAP between Lux and Fury. I was asked to submit details of the HC required for Furynet access, but never received a response. When I caught up with Cayl in r6, he told me that he never had the authority to offer the deal in the first place

I met various people during round 6 who taught me that allying with people you really don't like is actually a pretty bad idea.

Even attempting to mention some of the people I met in r7 would probably lead me into quite personal flaming, so I won't go there
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:08   #10
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: First Impressions of Command

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Our fruitful cooperation worked and established Se7en as a Fury/Tuba stronghold.
Back in the days when TSP (you should know who he is, you did try and recruit him into wrath whilst he was still tuba, he told me that story, so i dunno if its true) played PA.

now for my 1st impressions of command [list=1][*]Vaio - back in R4 when AIM merged with Tuba, i didnt have a clue who Vaio was, but all i did know was he was a HC of the para alliance who was cnutting my gal like no 2moro. So i asked him to get my gal in, he did this even though my gal was under the minimum requirements. And for that i am very thankful.[*]Slinkee - when i joined Legion i didnt really feel at home, but she chatted to me in PM for a while and soon sorted that [*]GLX Command - i was a class A cnut to these guys but they still let me be intel officer for a while. [*]Omnikron - cant remember if he was command in AIM (i think he was) but he has always made me feel at 'ease' when i speak to him[/list=1]
Im sure there is probably more but i cba to think anymore

Madina
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:29   #11
TGO
Currently Retired

TGO is an unknown quantity at this point
The pair that have to stand out above others are Glatze and Olrik, like tweedle dee and tweedle dum they were so funny, but yet such great HC's from the first moment.
Shame we dont see much of them any more...
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:43   #12
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Only one who springs to mind is Leto, who I had extensive dealings with in round 3, and kept in contact with after that.

I don't think there has been anyone before or after who I enjoyed talking to as much as I did to Leto.

Although I had to put up with him in-galaxy round 6 :P

(Shout out to the rest of hirr command through the rounds as well)

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:47   #13
Lord_Dain

let's see
yeah ive met some great ppl on here, who were pretty skilled..
also met a lot of tossers and wanna be leaders tho :-/

all in all, those i met on here i think actually will use these 'skills' in real life and get far with their skills, are a single few blessed ones. not gonna lick ass and mention names

LD out
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:50   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Re: Re: First Impressions of Command

Quote:
Originally posted by Madina

Back in the days when TSP (you should know who he is, you did try and recruit him into wrath whilst he was still tuba, he told me that story, so i dunno if its true) played PA.
TSP was Tuba in r4, I never recruited from Tuba . It was after that round that TSP was interested in joining Wrath - I remember telling Lokken, in accordance to a personal deal. Im sure Lokken can attest that I never 'leeched' TSP to Wrath. TSP joined Wrath during r5 (he was in my galaxy as was Lokken) and left shortly after for various reasons I cant really remember. So anything about me recruiting him was a bag of lies - I rarely recruited ppl since I went by the philosophy that people who had to be talked to join were not 'Fury at heart'. A zealous attitude, but still one at the time I followed.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:57   #15
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
In round 3, I became acquianted with a fellow named Irvine. He struck me as one of the most self-centered, worthless individuals I had ever run into, and I never should have kept any negotiations open with him. Probably the single worst mistake I ever made for TE.

In round 5, I met Piazava when one of my former members of TE was helping me apply to WolfPack (which my having only like, one vouch didn't help). She was _the_ nicest HC of one of the WTFVE alliances that I had ever run into, and remains the nicest imo. She was quite willing to talk to me at great length, and was helpful to no end.

Meeting almost all of the Xanadu command staff in r6, at one point or another left a rather bitter taste in my mouth. Didn't much care for their attitudes, wasn't keen on working with them, personally.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 20:58   #16
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: First Impressions of Command

Quote:

TSP was Tuba in r4, I never recruited from Tuba . It was after that round that TSP was interested in joining Wrath - I remember telling Lokken, in accordance to a personal deal. Im sure Lokken can attest that I never 'leeched' TSP to Wrath. TSP joined Wrath during r5 (he was in my galaxy as was Lokken) and left shortly after for various reasons I cant really remember. So anything about me recruiting him was a bag of lies - I rarely recruited ppl since I went by the philosophy that people who had to be talked to join were not 'Fury at heart'. A zealous attitude, but still one at the time I followed.
Aye - TSP left of his own accord.

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 21:08   #17
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: First Impressions of Command

Quote:

ok like i said in my post 'i dunno if its true', sorry for any confusion
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 21:59   #18
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh, the first major contact I had outside of my own alliance command was Biggdogg. The Fury/Legion command room in R2, #wc...

<Biggdogg> sqrl, scan for me fs
* AlbinoSqrl is now known as Scanbitch

ah, the memories...

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:14   #19
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
1: Sid Extremely easy to work with, and things got done quickly. Smart and learned alot from his holy baldness.

2: LadyBug also extremely easy to work with

3: Lenin spying on peeps with him was fun, and he was easy to work with and things were done quickly with him.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:27   #20
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Sid... met him round 2 and he proved to be one of my better friends for quite some time. Efficient and brutal but also had a sense of humour.

Cryptic.... met him round 4 ..... never say die attitude and if you crossed him he hunted you down like some worthless dog... a loveable trait nonetheless.

Ghengis.... had lots to do with him round 4.... silent exec who was also an excellent worker behind the scenes and a great player. Woke him one night and even though he was half asleep organised the fury's ingal defence very very quickly and without any hassle.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:33   #21
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
r1 mephiston c7r one of the founding members.
r1 flame death on demand i believe
r1 monty (monty python alliance later became part of FA)
r2 negerslem crywolf both tuba hc at time if i remember.

r3 mephistons galaxy merged into mine some how and cryptic swapped accounts to be in with mephiston cryptic under an alias and i got into an arguement and he gave his planet away again ofc i didnt find out it was actually cryptic till about r6 time
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 12:46   #22
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
first person i had encountered was during Silver when iw as promoted to DC
Anna- by far most dedication to defence and commitment to Ely witnessed taht everynight in the shared BC room, later found out her true worth was much higher when i joined Ely myself

Xanadu- never nice to me those chaps dunno y

Zhil- nice guy when i joined Fury hence his image of a ncie guy has always stuck to me

Roland- Thug, Thug|away , this guy is COOOOLLL

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 14:14   #23
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Ladybug or actually the whole virus Command:

i felt home just after 1 week
theire support and community they have created is powahful stuff

Axis: dedicated BC,hard working.

Preach: also an hard working man (havent worked so mutch with him but the first impression i got was that this a man that can make any alliance good! (no im not saying titans are good just becose of him)

the best players i have played with is just unknown names,like Veijo,josse,mossel

Last edited by logbat; 9 Nov 2002 at 14:28.
logbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 15:53   #24
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
My first one would have to be Roland (Thug) because he simply rocks.

The other one would have to be Sid, from what I saw in the joint fos/fltv chan in r6 he got the job done.
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 19:33   #25
Galadrieth

Galadrieth is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm..thinking about it, most of the people that apply to me regarding this thread, i ended up being in an alliance with them later on in rounds, none the less i shall mention them

Rizzo (Nasty) C7R and HC of DSM (later became part of SK), met him round 1, cant remember how, He taught me the basics of the game, and took me in under his wing, defending me and stuff.

Mercenator(think thats is nick, that or Mercener) Rnd 1 R.E/Blue Tuba. He was the first command member of any alliance i actually spoke to, he was huge and T100 at the time, i remember him roiding my attackers to fk and back for me

Rumad, met him in Rnd 3 Cluster alliance, was BD HC, been an age old friend ever since, with me coming and going from PA, he always had a place for me whatever he was doing at the time, very good and old friend.

<Arf^> The chance Akujin loses his virginty with another man, Gala, is 83%
Rnd 1 -=Krom of Kromulous-31:3:4=-
Rnd 2 -=Krom of Sumeria-24:15:4=-
Rnd 3 -=RaekOne of Omega=-34:10:4=-
Rnd 4 -=Galadrieth of The Chronic=178:11:3=-
Rnd 5 -=.Nosferatu Of Chaos Without Propechy=31:6:10=-
Galadrieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 19:45   #26
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Agent_Orange - NoS BC
*******, *******, *******. Such an *******. \o/
Koloth - Elysium HC
A easy going person, pretty clear on what needed to be done, and handled it with ease.
Storebo - Elysium BC
Difficult, irritating, close to how Atul was.
Zhil - Fury Executive
Efficiency in a can. Ask him a question, it gets answered with minimal b.s. No scans yet.
zip - Xanadu HC
Very easy to work with and was very helpful with VeX cooperation in Round 4.

Everyone else I'd want to add, I already knew beforehand. :/
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 19:56   #27
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
The people that have taught me most in this game are:

Anakin (xd212 wen we worked 2getherand he taught me everything I know about IRC and the Game itself, and even though we have fallen out, I respect that man like he was my own brother and owe him everything!)
`Mace
DeFuSioN
SIR-Millar
KillMark
Jez
RIT
Rumad
Aneu
Azrael
LENIN

and the more RL part of PA has to be:

Deva
Gwyn
Amberielle
Aryn
Gemma
GeMz
Jason_Newstead
Rumad
`Paul
and many others too

Love u all

Cyanide
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 19:57   #28
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry, its just there are more than 2
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 20:02   #29
RITJUKES

Fridge
and
Patrician
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 20:07   #30
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
In r7 I worked with Axis_WLF and Parracida. Axis was a real pain at first, not trusting me at all. But later I found him quite easy to work with. Parracida was interesting to work with from day one, and there wasnt really any problems.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 23:19   #31
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
This can't be called a "Commander" of sort, yet the person controlled by far the biggest planet in my galaxy. Round 3, my first full round, he kept complaining about how good he was and how he alone had to play for us all. His favourite words were "idiot", "noob" and "worthless" (in lithuanian, of course) when referring to us. This and his bragging about his super-duper elite alliance (Legion) led to fights among ourselves countless times.
And guess what, in round 4 we managed to create a stable alliance named LDK, which, accompanied by other not-so-leet alliances crushed his galaxy (253:1) and his planet (which he gave away later ). My galaxy ended top1, my GC ended top1, I was somewhere in top 100.

Now the point is - I always remember this "accident" when getting annoyed by degenerates, and usually it makes me smile in the worst of pointless argues.