User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:24   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Spreadsheets .....

Been thinking about this in work today, and id appreciate someone recommending a decent spreadsheet i can either download or purchase for a reasonable price, as im not putting another £90 into Bastard Bill's pocket to pick up Excel.

Im not in the market for a warez version, though if i was, my good friend Brown Squirrel would be able to set that up im told.

In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:27   #2
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
http://www.openoffice.org/

Its a free office open source thing.

I used to use it before I got MS Office.

Worked well for me.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:31   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Heres a thought

MS Office Suite brand new will cost a small fortune , but is there anwhere on the web which sells older versions ... im reasonably sure that MS Office 2001 wont be that much different to MS Office 2003 , other than itll be considerably cheaper.

Really i need Excel & Word , or at the very least some top quality clones.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:34   #4
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Thats what I did, as my mum's company bought a new version of office xp instead of upgrading office 2000. So i installed that on here. I probably would have anyway to be honest though.

ebay?
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:35   #5
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/msexcel.htm

http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/msword.htm

That guy's selling old versions of excel and word for cheap, if that's what you're looking for?
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:41   #6
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
(...) or at the very least some top quality clones.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:42   #7
MrPeach

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...0&category=182

£43 atm, not bad... I personally wouldnt. (Excel 2000).

You can buy Office XP Students Edition for £99 from a retailer.

Maybe you're a student. Maybe you're not. I dont know.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:42   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/msexcel.htm

http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/msword.htm

That guy's selling old versions of excel and word for cheap, if that's what you're looking for?

Thanks for that. Hes asking a bit much for some of them. $279 for a copy of Word 2000 , and theres no sign of Excel for WinXP. Pity ....
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:44   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't understand, why does it _have_ to be Excel and why can't you just pirate them?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:45   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...0&category=182

£43 atm, not bad... I personally wouldnt. (Excel 2000).

You can buy Office XP Students Edition for £99 from a retailer.

Maybe you're a student. Maybe you're not. I dont know.

Im not. However im interested in this concept. Please find me a student willing to purchase said Edition for me , and any restrictions which may apply to its use.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:47   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I don't understand, why does it _have_ to be Excel and why can't you just pirate them?
Because i use Excel & Word in work , and thus i need something similar or identical to use at home to expand the skills base.

I cannot sit in work with a manual learning the ins and outs of Excel, whilst telling my boss "Im increasing my skills base , i want a pay rise , get someone else to do my work while i do this" ... it wont happen.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:47   #12
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
http://www.viosoftware.com/micofxpstorc.html

That site's got Word 2002 for $45 and Excel 2002 for $99
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:53   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
http://www.viosoftware.com/micofxpstorc.html

That site's got Word 2002 for $45 and Excel 2002 for $99

Excellent. Thanks for that. OEM versions only though ... hmmmm
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:53   #14
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
cant you just use a copy ?

*note* i am not endorsing teh use of illegal software

m
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 21:35   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
cant you just use a copy ?

*note* i am not endorsing teh use of illegal software

m
Neither am I. But i really would like a way to avoid taking the Warez route on this one.
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 21:44   #16
MrPeach

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...833934-5930835

£85 @ amazon.

Anyone can purchase it there I think as there is no check. However as you would probably be breaking the licence anyway, its probably just as immoral as stealing it completely?

Quote:
Important Note: Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers is for qualifying students, parents/guardians or teachers only.
Student: must be enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis in a school, college or university, which is recognised by the applicable government agency.
Parent/Guardian: have children in the above category and wish to purchase on their behalf for their educational use.
Teacher: employed full-time or part-time to teach within any such school, college or university as above

Eligibility for student licence
Student: any student qualifies from the age of five years upwards, attending any school/college/university in full-time or part-time education, or attending courses that award qualifications recogn ised by the UK Department of Education and Employment or the Irish Department of Education

Parent: parents who have children in the above category (students), can purchase on their behalf and qualify for Student Licences, following the same registration procedures as defined for students.

Teacher: teachers who are employed full-time or part-time in any school/college/university qualify.

All software must be for use on a home PC and is not for use within an education institution. For more information on Microsoft Student Licence, contact Education Connection 0870 60 70 800.
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 21:49   #17
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I should be able to quite easily get you a copy of Microsoft Office (Word, Excell, Outlook, everything) for the small price of postage and package if you want?
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 22:11   #18
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Neither am I. But i really would like a way to avoid taking the Warez route on this one.
why?

come on

really? why?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 22:17   #19
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
I should be able to quite easily get you a copy of Microsoft Office (Word, Excell, Outlook, everything) for the small price of postage and package if you want?
Just checked and i can get a copy pretty much whenever. It would be Office 2000 btw.
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 22:21   #20
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Heres a thought

MS Office Suite brand new will cost a small fortune , but is there anwhere on the web which sells older versions ... im reasonably sure that MS Office 2001 wont be that much different to MS Office 2003 , other than itll be considerably cheaper.

Really i need Excel & Word , or at the very least some top quality clones.
or you get the newest version for free from microsoft.....

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 00:45   #21
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
why?

come on

really? why?
Everything on this system is 100% legit. I aim to keep it that way.
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 01:08   #22
Punch
& Pie

Punch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...833934-5930835

£85 @ amazon.

Anyone can purchase it there I think as there is no check. However as you would probably be breaking the licence anyway, its probably just as immoral as stealing it completely?
It depends on what turns up with the box.
I remember getting a student version of office 2000 and what turned up inside the box was registration forms that needed to be signed by you and also a person from the place of education then sent off to recieve the cd's.

So if it's changed now then you can do it but be warned that might happen.
Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:55   #23
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:41   #24
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9&category=182

that's excel 2000 i wouldn't pay more than £40 for it. I am currently running office 2003, so 2000 is 2 versions old now (2000 -> XP -> 2003).
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:56   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
get a copy from your work? as you need to work at home too?

duh?

let them pay.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 05:51   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
get a copy from your work? as you need to work at home too?

duh?

let them pay.

Work Runs Word '97 and Excel '97. Now, with XP's FANTASTIC backward compatibility, can you honestly see that working?

Besides, i sincerely doubt they have copies lying around, since we pretty much did away with our on-site IT department about 2 years ago, and just taught select individuals the basics to keep the systems running.