User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:55   #51
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Favourite Game Of All Time

Theme park
Road Rash
Various old platform games (duke nukem, keen, biomenace, ...)
Diablo 2
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 17:07   #52
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Best ever would be: Dungeon Keeper and Fallout 2
yeah.

of course FFVII and planetarion,

but also Dragon Warrior 3 back in the day and Magestorm (which apparently no one else has played)

Sports game goes to Powerball/Speedball (HM to baseball stars),

Racing to Mariokart 64.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 17:24   #53
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

X-Tension, Civ 2, Alpha Centauri, Homeworld, Quake 2... etc.

There are far too many to choose to just one.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 17:44   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
Racing to Mariokart 64.
Mario Kart 64 is terrible compared to Double Dash, and that is vastly inferior to Super Mario Kart. The single player was inherently flawed and multiplayer racing was more about the exploitation of bugs than it was of actual racing. The only thing to recommend it over SMK was the 4 player battle mode.

[edit]

And all the elites are poor except the original(s) [BBC, ArcElite especially]
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 21:59   #55
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Lords of Chaos is what I spent most my time on probably. I was about 6 though/
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:12   #56
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

vice city, (any) pokemon, sonic 2, aoe: galactic battlegrounds
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:36   #57
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Mario Kart 64 is terrible compared to Double Dash, and that is vastly inferior to Super Mario Kart. The single player was inherently flawed and multiplayer racing was more about the exploitation of bugs than it was of actual racing. The only thing to recommend it over SMK was the 4 player battle mode.

[edit]

if i was going to play a racing game to actually race, i'd go with pod racer.

but i can't imagine ever choosing to race over playing 4-player battle mode on kart64.

PS: you can't really be wrong in a 'favorite game thread'
PPS: 'tron' on my TI-85
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:54   #58
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Couples favourites

Chrono Trigger (SNes)
Time Crisis II (Arcade)
Lylat Wars (N64)
Jet Set Radio (DC)

And the best game EVER - Tetris (Gameboy)

I have this in my pocket at the moment, I can't seem to find my GB, I know it's here somewhere and I want to play. On a side and geeky note, I spent the afternoon learning to play Music - Type A :lol:
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 23:06   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
if i was going to play a racing game to actually race, i'd go with pod racer.

but i can't imagine ever choosing to race over playing 4-player battle mode on kart64.
Is this because the racing mode is so terrible? On SMK, we chose to race most of the time, because it was slightly more varied. For pure chaos, we went with Super Smash Brothers.

Quote:
PS: you can't really be wrong in a 'favorite game thread'
I never said you were wrong, just that MK64 was terrible in comparison.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 23:09   #60
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Thank you!

I thought I was the only one who played the original Elite on the BBC.

It rocked \o/
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 00:11   #61
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

monkey island 2
frontier: elite 2
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 00:12   #62
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I forgot Super Mario Kart, the best racer ever. Or Super Mario World the best platformer.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 02:36   #63
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody mentioned TA, not evening MrL. I am disheartened Mark.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 02:47   #64
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Super Mario Bros 3 > Super Mario World.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 02:49   #65
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Civ II
Tribes
Earthworm Jim
Commander Keen
Warcraft
Donkey Kong
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 03:38   #66
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

the games i had most fun playing (in no particular order) were:

Fallout 2
Snatcher (for the Sega Mega CD)
Monkey Island 2
Full Throttle
Broken Sword 1

for me, Fallout 2 just clinches the #1 spot.
H1TMANish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 05:22   #67
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't neccesarily like them all now, but during my life my faves have been:

Civ 2/3, Super Mario Bros 3, Bubble Bobble, Sonic 2, Command and Conquer (almost any of them), Freedom Force, GTA III, X-Men (the 6-player arcade game), Resident Evil series.

FF7 was also good, but I was so relieved to have finally beaten it I've never gone back to it.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 06:00   #68
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Chrono Trigger (SNes)
YES!!!

Day of the Tentacle just edges out Monkey Island IMO (I loved the way you could f*ck with american history :lol: ), altho MI2 was also genius...
Frontier fans should try Freelancer, it truly is Frontier for the 21st century! (and great fun on a network)
Minesweeper for it's Procrastination Attributes
SCORCHED TANKS!!! /me prepares his Piledriver/Crimson Flood combo...
And ofc HL for it's sheer........ ness.

And I have the Tetris ringtone on my mobile :embar:
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 07:20   #69
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

FF7, Secret of Monkey Island, Elite 2.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 12:12   #70
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrick
Nobody mentioned TA, not evening MrL. I am disheartened Mark.
I would have done, but Elite is BETTER.

I also didn't mentioned Civ II, Rise of Nations, Starcraft, Warcraft III, Baldur's Gates, Planescape: Torment, CM, Secret of Mana, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda III, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Snake Rattle N Roll, Little Nemo: The Dream Maker, Micro Machines, Super Smash Brothers, Super Probotector, Lylat Wars, Starwing, Zelda, Zelda II or Zombies Ate My Neighbour.

They're also really really good.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 12 Dec 2003 at 12:20.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 13:01   #71
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road

Scorch, Super Mario I and Star Wars Galaxies
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 14:58   #72
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Wraith[x
Day of the Tentacle just edges out Monkey Island IMO (I loved the way you could f*ck with american history :lol: )

omg day if the tentacle!!
H1TMANish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:01   #73
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Fruity Frank

oh how I miss that game
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:03   #74
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Favourite Game Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Grimble
oh how I miss that game
im sure you do
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:05   #75
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Civilisation 1, 2 or 3 (I seem to be one of the few people who prefer 3 to 2)
Half Life (Mainly for Team Fortress Classic)
Ascendancy
Xcom (UFO Enemy Unknown and Terror From The Deep)
Championship Manager (The entire series really)
Command and Conquer (Orginal, Red Alert and Generals)
Warcraft 1,2 and 3

But if I had to go for one it'd have to be Deus Ex.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:12   #76
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Civilisation 1, 2 or 3 (I seem to be one of the few people who prefer 3 to 2)

3 is good and sure fun but the luck factor is a bit too heavy in my opinion (pointing at the resource spawnings and starting position on the map).
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:13   #77
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
im sure you do
I found the game now, but I can't be arsed figuring out how to use some ****ing emulator to play the BEST.GAME.EVER
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:37   #78
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Partygirls (2) for commodore.

what an ace, terrific and exhausting sex game

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 16:48   #79
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thief: The Dark Project
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 17:35   #80
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point

Decathalon (atari 2600)
Pirates!
Bard's Tale
Test Drive
Pools of Radiance
Civ series
Most games by Sid Meier
(behind on technology so haven't been able to play many newer games)

College Drinking games (when I was a bit younger )
quarters
biz - buzz
mexican
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 18:06   #81
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One out of Quake, Doom, Sonic 3, Civ 3, Championship Manager 01/02, Micro Machines 2, Mega Bomberman, Wipeout 2097, Gran Turismo or the original F1 for the playstation.

One of them
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:11   #82
ScottishRebel
TroubleMaker

ScottishRebel is an unknown quantity at this point

FF7 or maybes Unreal Tournament

Streets of Rage 1 & 2 as well
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:39   #83
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Talon
Decathalon (atari 2600)
College Drinking games (when I was a bit younger )
quarters
biz - buzz
mexican
explain, explain!!! :lol:

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 03:52   #84
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Thief: The Dark Project
as i stated before i think pt.2 is superior to pt.1
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 04:40   #85
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

theif was a brilliant game... and one of the few ive ever played that genuinely scared me
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:22   #86
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I would have done, but Elite is BETTER.

I also didn't mentioned Civ II, Rise of Nations, Starcraft, Warcraft III, Baldur's Gates, Planescape: Torment, CM, Secret of Mana, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda III, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Snake Rattle N Roll, Little Nemo: The Dream Maker, Micro Machines, Super Smash Brothers, Super Probotector, Lylat Wars, Starwing, Zelda, Zelda II or Zombies Ate My Neighbour.

They're also really really good.
You forgot to include any games from the Megaman series (my fav was X3)

I liked TA far better than Starcraft or CnC or Warcraft....

Favorites also include
Zelda:Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time
Crono Trigger
Everquest (I don't like it anymore but it ate what, 100 DAYS of my life?)
Dark Forces Series
HL/Counterstrike
Alpha Centauri
Diablo
Daggerfall for all its faults (really the whole Elder Scrolls series)
Sim City 2000
Syndicate
Populous series
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:29   #87
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azof
I liked TA far better than Starcraft or CnC or Warcraft....
TA is the best of them; C&C is absolutely terrible.

[edit]

And Diablo is an odd game, in that its flaws made it better.

The traipsing everywhere, the clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick combat and all the rest served to distract from the basic flaw in the concept.

Diablo II fixed those flaws to some degree, it also made the game worse.

Madness.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 05:43   #88
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how on earth is C&C terrible... when i played it at about the age of 11... i absolutely loved it

had a great story and i ENJOYED the crappy cutscenes... kane shooting seth is still a very cool moment.

+the gameplay was pretty good... single player that is... i never did it multi. I would go so far to say that it was the best single player strategy game (single player mind) until shogun:total war. imo of course

also... another nomination (SSX:tricky, ssx3 (i havent played 3 yet, but my brother has and declares it to be amazing, and thats something i trust actually))
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 06:12   #89
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
how on earth is C&C terrible... when i played it at about the age of 11... i absolutely loved it
I think the real question is whether or not you played TA when you were eleven.
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:23   #90
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I loved Postman Pat when I was 4, it doesn't make it a good RTS game.

Lets look at the competition:

C&C vs Warcraft, Warcraft II.

I'd vote for Warcraft II every time.

C&C:RA vs Starcraft, TA, Dark Reign

Yep, it's not red alert.

C&C:TS vs a small pile of cheese, or anything else.

Another clear winner!

C&C:RA2 vs Earth 2150

Mmmmm obscure RTS

Generals vs Rise of Nations, Warcraft III

There's no competition really

Oh, and the only SP RTS's I've liked have been Dune 2, Ground Control and Warcraft III (TFT especially). The rest have been absolute junk.

Oh, and every C&C game from RA onwards is beaten by TA and Starcraft. Single and Multi player.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:11   #91
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

international superstar soccer pro evolution 2 (or something along those lines.)
Playstation
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:18   #92
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can you get Total Annihilation on budget these days?

I played the game to death with friends when it came out, but our computers were all relatively shit (massive slowdown when you built loads of units, etc). It'd be cool to play it again, and my original "warez" copy has bitten the dust some time ago.

Any ideas? PM if there are illicit links, etc.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:18   #93
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Ebay will have it.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:46   #94
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

I played TA when i was about 12/13 and didnt think it was that great.

and mrl why do you give people your opinion when they clearly don't want a 2nd opinion? and especially without giving any actual arguments.

(you think A is good, but look! B is better, and so is C! ahaha, that means that A is crap and you are stoopid!)
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:16   #95
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

Deus Ex
Mafia
The Sims (sad)
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 17:38   #96
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I played TA when i was about 12/13 and didnt think it was that great.

and mrl why do you give people your opinion when they clearly don't want a 2nd opinion? and especially without giving any actual arguments.

(you think A is good, but look! B is better, and so is C! ahaha, that means that A is crap and you are stoopid!)
On the one hand, we have, say, TA and Starcraft.

Starcraft is one of the most balanced RTS's ever made, with 3 highly different races that are yet equally playable. There are large numbers of different tactics and strategies, due to the wide variety of units and different unit abilities.

TA is the best RTS ever. Hundreds of units leads to hundreds of possible tactics, proper warfare things like Radar, Sonar, Point to Point nukes, Anti Nukes, Stealth Planes, Bombers, Artillery and the like. Proper 3D terrain, a highly developed resource gathering system which means that the end game is spent dealing with tactics rather than micromanaging your harvesters. Games that can last for hours, and still be competitive. The possibility to come back from near death. EMP. Radar jammers. Flak defense, proper order and build queuing, many different types of weapons. And so on for pages.

Red Alert, you build lots of heavy tanks and attack. Replace heavy with mammoth, if you prefer, and there are literally no fewer than four tactics! (Tanya drop type malarky, migs, tanks, sea attack using your one decent unit)

I prefer something that has a bit of variety, a bit of skill attached.

And if you don't want my opinion, tough. It's general discussions, not general statements.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 18:03   #97
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

see... thats better...

thats called backing up your opinion!!!!

\o/ for mrl

btw, your last comment about general statements, is rather ironic considering your previous post. unless its the dawn of a new leaf! (i love mixed metaphors).

anyway, all of those things you say about the games are good points, but i never played and enjoyed SC and TA as much at single player. I did used to play SC a lot online, and it was a lot of fun then, but i got bored half way through the single player campaign. Maybe i was a different person when i played C&C, less jaded and cynical, it doesnt matter, the fact is, i was the right kind of person to get the maximum fun factor out of that game, and i did. And that therefore makes it one of my favourite games of all time and therefore worth a mention by me in this thread. And any comments by people as to why this shouldnt be my favourite game are pointless as they were not there when i was playing it, they cannot get inside my head and work out why i loved it so much.

anyway, thatll do i think.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 18:07   #98
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It can be your favourite game if you like, I don't care. I'm only addressing whether it's better or not than the equivs.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 18:30   #99
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

dont you think better is rather an objective term?

this kind of unwarranted objectivity is probably your main pitfall on these forums

i dont know if you mean it or not, but you probably too often present your opinion as fact.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 18:38   #100
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
i dont know if you mean it or not, but you probably too often present your opinion as fact.
As I've argued elsewhere, if someone posts something like :

"There's no way Shawshank Redemption is a better film the Gone With the Wind. The latter is clearly superior!"

This is another way of saying "I personally enjoyed Gone With The Wind more than Shawshank Redemption."

The former merely allows for more scope in debate.