User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Jun 2003, 07:35   #1
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Best/worst implement in planetarion...

(Yes I am bored)

What do you guys think is the best implement by Spinner throughout the rounds since the start ??

And what do you think is the worst ??

Personally I think the race implement is one of the best things Spinner did.

Making planetarion private was one of the worst thing he did imo...
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 10:39   #2
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best/worst implement in planetarion...

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad

Personally I think the race implement is one of the best things Spinner did.
probably the best yeah..

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 10:59   #3
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
the worst

can anyone say JUMPGATE
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 11:33   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
the worst

can anyone say JUMPGATE
I'd say the Galaxy Defense Fleet was worse, actually. I'd rate the R4 roid capping formula (piggybacking galore) as a close second.

But it's a crowded field.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 11:33   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
the worst

can anyone say JUMPGATE
k you've got my vote there

JUMPGATE
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 11:44   #6
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Races - best.

P2P - worst.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 11:52   #7
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
P2P was more of a necessary evil, not a game implementation.

The jumpgate gets my vote for worst implementation ever. Sneak attacks (thank goodness they didn't make it out of testing) would come in a close second.

Best would be the varied races, but that wasn't all Spinner's idea.

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 12:24   #8
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
races - best

OverBurn - worst
R5: 31:19:5 ViruS
R6: 1:5:8 ViruS
R7: 25:20:12 Virus Discworld
R8: 50:8:5 Adelante FaNG
R9: 12:8:1 [ToT] []LCH[] officer
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 12:28   #9
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
The MoW.
May as well have been called The Minister of 5% Bonus.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 13:07   #10
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Wouldn't say that the jumpgate is the worst implementation. It's just that it's a nearly useless feature of the game, but all in all it doesn't have a great impact on it.

Races was the best upgrade, even though it resulted in an overwhelming amount of stats, but that only added to the "easy to learn, difficult to master" factor of the game.

I can't think of anything REALLY bad that has been implemented. I never played the game with overburn (though it doesn't seem that bad) and never was affected by the piggybacking formula.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 13:13   #11
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally I quite liked overburn... It meant i could actually attack people without them getting several hundred defending fleets :-|

As for worst... well the Jumpgate has to be the black hole of all resources. I honestly don't know what they were drinking when they came up with it, but it must have been fairly strong ;-)
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 13:33   #12
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Worst feature?
Overburn and changed initation cost together

Best feature?
Overburn

Races in itself wasn't really that groundbreaking; it was just the same idea done better (damn god work though)...
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 13:53   #13
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
best: different pod classes

worst: overburn
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 14:40   #14
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
best: idd the races

worst: the prize for exiling someon

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:05   #15
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Best: Races and multiple pods.
Worst: R4 capping.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:10   #16
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Best: Races

Worst: r4 capping/salvage

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:19   #17
Twiglet
It is Pie.

Twiglet is an unknown quantity at this point
Best: Races

Worst: The huge amount of resources needed to start an exile vote.

The gal fund comes in in 2nd place.
Twiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:25   #18
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
best - holo roids (if anyone here has been around long enough to remember them, I'm starting to doubt it nowadays :S )
worst - not letting me sleep properly :S FS run the game for 12 hours a day!
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:02   #19
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I'd say the Galaxy Defense Fleet was worse, actually. I'd rate the R4 roid capping formula (piggybacking galore) as a close second.

But it's a crowded field.
lol yeah that was nightmarsih. Made the whole universe unroidable. Jumpggate wouldn't have been that bad if Spinner had reduced tt as originally announced. After that was cut it simply made no sense at all any more.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:10   #20
Le Mauvais Moine

I agree on races as one of this most ingenious new concepts, not only it was a nice new feature and he managed to balance the races somehow which must have been nothing but obvious, but also he stopped all the whining and moaning of people who wanted to have their thieves and pirates back from round 2 and the like.

On the other hand i still would like to have my ghosts and daggers

Concerning blunders here's another one: r4 shipstats.

Btw, how comes in r4 there were so many stupid things introduced and still it was more fun than the more recent rounds ?
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:36   #21
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Changing ship stats half way through the round was always popular.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:40   #22
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Best: Races but you have to add to that the way the ship stats were done by Petru and the beta crew. Spinner's orginal set were rubbish.

Worst: Round 4 capping/salvage, Round 8 Overburn
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:45   #23
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Le Mauvais Moine
Btw, how comes in r4 there were so many stupid things introduced and still it was more fun than the more recent rounds ?
It was free (ergo, lots of targets). :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:46   #24
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

both the Jumpgate and Galaxy defence fleet are stuff that sux, but could have if improved beena friggin fun thing. And they could make MoW job useful.

The best thing must be the races

the worst = the newsscan oh or the cargo ship

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:46   #25
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Le Mauvais Moine

200k planets that made each parallel a universe in themselves; possibly also the mind-numbingly basic fleet composition of Spider/Phoenix/Pod (did we build much of anything else? I can't seem to recall...) which made "playing" incredibly simple.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 00:06   #26
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
P2P was more of a necessary evil, not a game implementation.
Maybe the way it was suddenly added in r5 killing 75% of the playerbase, then they added the free accounts in r6 which just allowed the existing players to cheat. Sort of a 'worst of both worlds' situation.

Oh, I'd have to be unoriginal and agree with the races for best implementation.
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 03:38   #27
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
worst thing ever in PA

the new propsed "Alliance intergration"

just another scheme for the creators to try and control the alliances witch have kept this game going for so long when will they learn

THE ALLIANCES HAVE KEPT THE GAME RUNNING PISSING THEM OFF IS NOT WISE ETC
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 04:28   #28
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
both the Jumpgate and Galaxy defence fleet are stuff that sux, but could have if improved beena friggin fun thing. And they could make MoW job useful.

The best thing must be the races

the worst = the newsscan oh or the cargo ship
You kidding?? Actually the cargo ships was great flak!!

best thing spinner have done is the race pods not realy the races since alot of other games had at that time 12 races :P

anyway worst thing he have done is making the game p2p and thinking he gonna attract players. 2nd comes his ghey smile (-: <--

But if 10% of all the new planets stay for next round i think we should call it good

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 07:23   #29
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Worst
r4 stats were hilarious.
But allowing private gals was still the worst idea yet.
Closely followed by p2p off course

Best
The races are kind of fun too play.
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 07:37   #30
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Round 2 thieves were the best.

Taking them away was the worst.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 10:12   #31
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Best and Worst: forcing us to pick between Milscans and ETA -4.
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 11:42   #32
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Slinky
best - holo roids (if anyone here has been around long enough to remember them, I'm starting to doubt it nowadays :S )
AGREED , they should bring it back in rd10
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 20:46   #33
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by General1
AGREED , they should bring it back in rd10
Ahhhhh someone else who's been around long enough to remember them

proper oldschool style (I was in cluster 3, before the creators started to refill empty galaxy slots).

Actually, that was the best implimentation, refilling player slots that had quit or been deleted for inactivity. Maybe even vacation mode, that was a good thing as well. Even moving away from the creators own forums to vbb/ubb (whatever) was another great implimentation Or perhaps moving away from 100 hours downtime a week and only having 1 or 2 hours downtime
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 21:04   #34
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'd have to say that the best improvement was with the races/multiple pods, however neither were Spinner's idea (lo Petru/Theamion :P)

I think the best idea spinner had was to let somone else make the stats

I think its easy to label p2p as the worst, though without it my little history down there would have ended in R4 (and that would have been sad). AS said above, it was a necessary evil. The up side was that it removed about 80% of the cheating .

but i think the worst idea was that i private galaxies. I am a stong believer in randomly placing two (or perhaps three to make it divisable into 15) planets together in a form of 'friendship bond' or some such. this way, you get to play with AT LEAST one mate, as well as getting to know others, minimising powerblocking etc.

As a sidenote, to whomever above who said that cargoes were the worst idea, THAT'S HERESY! HOW DARE YOU!!! .

Ghost / WF / Cargo / dagger 4 eva etc.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 21:29   #35
Le Mauvais Moine

Re: Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Domin
You kidding?? Actually the cargo ships was great flak!!

best thing spinner have done is the race pods not realy the races since alot of other games had at that time 12 races :P

anyway worst thing he have done is making the game p2p and thinking he gonna attract players. 2nd comes his ghey smile (-: <--

But if 10% of all the new planets stay for next round i think we should call it good
Yeah the cargo amoured bash fleet was one of the best fleets ever. Thanks to nod quite some people never had it
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 21:46   #36
General1
Rah's def wh0re

Quote:
Originally posted by Slinky

Actually, that was the best implimentation, refilling player slots that had quit or been deleted for inactivity.

Deleting inacvites \o/ My galaxy overvieuw of rd1 shows like 7 people under 10roids .
NEW PLAYERS, WE STARTED WITH 0000000000 ROIDS!!!!!!!!

yorkshire
airguitar
10 3.648

2k'ers
AG2K
10 9.193

theed
deathmaster
7 7.081
mad
madman
10 7.471
I am Crap aswell
Gool
0 30.349
Smoirftown
Smoirfette
7 7.021

Lapijoki
Mr.BisHop
10 3.181
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 23:08   #37
Dari
Just Gosu

Dari is an unknown quantity at this point
best: races
worst: traveltime -1 in para/cluster for attack
R4: 134:15:8 Cell
R5: Not really played
R6: 16:10:9 Deus
R7: 14:24:1 Wrath peon
R8: 16:9:10 FAnG and member of gôsu
R9 46:9:7 FAnG BC
R9.5 7:8:6 FAnG Tech Officer and gôsu
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 23:55   #38
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
best: races
worst: overburn / 20% limit (fs!!! :P)
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 02:25   #39
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Round 2 thieves were the best.

Taking them away was the worst.
I was going to also so holoroids but the rd 2 theives were teh sexeh.

And taking them away was teh sux :/

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 06:23   #40
General1
Rah's def wh0re

Quote:
Originally posted by sinnamon xie
I was going to also so holoroids but the rd 2 theives were teh sexeh.

And taking them away was teh sux :/
Fleet donations AHOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it was fun while it lasted.
IT JUST SUCKED TBH
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 17:37   #41
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Best: Planetary Exile
Worst: Personal Alliance Tags ([BlueTuba]x10,000)
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:11   #42
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
So hard to pick just 1 of each

Best:
1. r2 thieves - any of the versions
2. Private galaxies - great to play with friends in r4
3. Exiling - get rid of the inactives and get new players.
4. r2 Ghosts - love the cloaked wf
5. r8 stealers stats - stealing their own class as T1
6. The shuffle - really nice to stop stacking of clusters.

Worst:
1. Removal of the straight 10% roidcap we had in r2 - r4 piggybacking is a result of trying to solve something that isn't a problem.
2. Merging of movement and combat ticks - It was better when people could always run. Killing players off is detrimental to the game as a whole.
3. Removal of the r2 thief - less fun for the newbies when only one way of growing exists.
4. In cluster/para attack time bonus - For 2 reasons, doesn't let people sleep/work/study for 8h and randomly ruins peoples rounds based on where they are shuffled.
5. r3 Ghost stats - eta was 1 too fast, and it totally ruined DE class.
5. Exile costs - It's prhibitively expensive.
6. Disabling gal fund/donations during protexction - optimizing resources together with your galaxy is fun, I'll go 3C if you go 2C1E and let's share the E!
7. The 4 races - unnecessary complications for very little benefit.
8. Private galaxies - One round was enough, after that stagnation ahoy
9. the xandathrii vulture travel time - Let us sleep!
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 14:18   #43
Bootlord
Baldy

Bootlord is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Races - best.

P2P - worst.
yups jumpgate is also proven to be quite unusefull
R4 293:20:2 Rzarector of the 6th Circle [Defcon]
R5 23:13:14 Ephemeron of The unbreakable [Wrath][Defcon]
R6 Cba of pa when i need to graduate [RL]
R7 27:16:25 The addiction and satisfaction of hearing you screaming for mercy [Titans][Defcon]
R8 41:7:3 The storyteller of the last Saga [Titans][Plush][Defcon]
R9 Cba of playing pa [RL]
R9,5 36:5:24 It's just one of Those days [LDK][Kamikaze]
Bootlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 15:04   #44
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: So hard to pick just 1 of each

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Worst:
6. Disabling gal fund/donations during protexction - optimizing resources together with your galaxy is fun, I'll go 3C if you go 2C1E and let's share the E!
Necessary though, I mean, the massive abuses possible due to cheating if this were to be removed.
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 21:32   #45
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Worst: CrazyConrad

LOLHAHA

(oh. Hi.)
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2003, 23:56   #46
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
worst: sounds like r10 will be the worst!
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 10:38   #47
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
best thiefs/worst everything after them expect the ip rule, what's
good but not brilliant.

Everyone wants/should want to play r2/r3 again..
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 02:43   #48
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hmm

Best: Holo's.

Worst: Parallels, sine-roid, 'armour-salvage' - in fact anything to do with zokum -, rd2 tags, gal fleet, jumpgate, rd2 thiefs, hardcoding. Oh, and not listening to the players :)

No idea is bad in itself, no idea is good in itself, the combination and balance of ideas is the most important things. e.g. low grade salvage (5% def only) would have been good, but intead the retarded 'armour model' was used.

Unfortunatley, while 90% of ideas have the potential to be good they are either overpowered, underpowered or clash with a current idea to make them useful and instead of being balanced are just removed.

Hi btw (o:
Unread 5 Jul 2003, 03:57   #49
Flame
[Illuminated]

Flame is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
worst thing ever in PA

the new propsed "Alliance intergration"

just another scheme for the creators to try and control the alliances witch have kept this game going for so long when will they learn

THE ALLIANCES HAVE KEPT THE GAME RUNNING PISSING THEM OFF IS NOT WISE ETC
agreed
rnd 6 - NoS
rnd 7 - NoS
rnd 9.5 - NoS
rnd 10 - TBA
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 03:14   #50
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of
Best: Spinner's name in German.
Worst: Spinner's smilies.

And Cargoship = best ship ever.
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote