User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 21 Jul 2017, 09:40   #101
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Kai's Rd 73 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Scrap all bonuses, make all races have equal start up imo if this set is to be ran.
So safe then?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2017, 10:09   #102
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think this set should be used for the next holiday/community round.
By xmas ill prolly have bothered looking at it

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2017, 12:12   #103
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Scrap all bonuses, make all races have equal start up imo if this set is to be ran.
Seconded
The Most easy solution aswell

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2017, 15:16   #104
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road

I'm a little baffled why we need to amend the racial bonuses severely because of stats changes.

It feels a little unnecessary to completely remove a races identify just because a stat refresh.

Keep Cat as being the best at Research, Ter the best at Cons and the other races somewhere in-between.

Overall I'm not convinced Cat is a viable race based on the stats, neither CO or CR looks a strong option. Ironically their best option looks to be building up a DE fleet and team with Ters.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2017, 15:43   #105
Cheggers

Cheggers can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I feel that no one here has actually looked at these stats properly.
I did.

I threw up over my monitor - called the cleaner to clear it then threw on up the monitor again.

I then shat all over the chair after pretending the chair was made up of your stats.

Go fck yourself

I'll sit this one out
Cheggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2017, 15:50   #106
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, Cheggers.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2017, 15:31   #107
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
This is my racial suggestion and startup suggestion:

I think its 'pretty' even whilst still allowing playstyles and tarditional options for scanners/covopers etc..

Terran

Max Steath: 85
Stealth Growth per tick: 7
Base Construction Units: 105
Base Research Units: 95
Production Bonus: 15%
Universal Trade Tax: 15%

Cathaar

Max Steath: 80
Stealth Growth per tick: 8
Base Construction Units: 95
Base Research Units: 105
Production Bonus: 10%
Universal Trade Tax: 10%

Xandathrii:

Max Steath: 80
Stealth Growth per tick: 6
Base Construction Units: 100
Production Bonus: 15%
Universal Trade Tax: 15%

Zikonian

Max Steath: 85
Stealth Growth per tick: 8
Base Construction Units: 95
Base Research Units: 100
Production Bonus: 10%
Universal Trade Tax: 10%
Instead of making the race differences smaller , you could also go the opposite way. To give each race a bit of extra flavour. Since shipstats itself are similar now.

Terran

Max Stealth: 80
Stealth Growth per tick: 4
Base Construction Units: 130
Base Research Units: 80
Production Bonus: 5
Universal Trade Tax: 25

Cathaar

Stealth Growth per tick: 10
Base Construction Units: 90
Base Research Units: 125
Production Bonus: 5
Universal Trade Tax: 10

Xandathrii:

Stealth Growth per tick: 5
Base Construction Units: 115
Production Bonus: 40
Universal Trade Tax: 25

Zikonian

Max Stealth: 85
Stealth Growth per tick: 10
Base Construction Units: 100
Base Research Units: 100
Salvage bonus: 25
Universal Trade tax: 10

With each race having around the same sum of CU and RU, Zik lower , but they get the salv bonus and stealth to compensate.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2017, 19:20   #108
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like those a lot more (even though they're not entirely balanced).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Jul 2017, 21:47   #109
Lukey

I like Sh7's proposal, keeps the races nice and varied.

Any progress on pushing this set towards something workable?
Unread 25 Jul 2017, 15:04   #110
Doler

Doler has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Please don't use these stats.

Thank you.
Doler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2017, 21:26   #111
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Any sign on the 3rd pods on this set? Or will we get the backup set?
Unread 25 Jul 2017, 21:30   #112
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Any sign on the 3rd pods on this set? Or will we get the backup set?
Clearly the backup set is the only way to go, save this for a community round or next summers round.

Unread 26 Jul 2017, 04:17   #113
Lukey

Let's just add the third set of pods in and everyone is pretty happy!
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 07:08   #114
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Kaiba has requested that his set be run as is or not be run at all. Something i'm inclined to respect.
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 09:43   #115
Shhhhhhh

So its the backup set then?
Or are you really considering running this set 'as is'?
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 11:05   #116
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I think it'd be a shame if these stats don't get used solely because Kaiba cannot accept adding third pods for people without farms.
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 14:48   #117
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I think it'd be a shame if these stats don't get used solely because Kaiba cannot accept adding third pods for people without farms.
I can set up farms for everyone that dosnt have one allready, and we can run it as is?

Unread 26 Jul 2017, 16:32   #118
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It would actually be rather amusing to sign up a planet, and just send a pod fleet to every planet in turn, starting at 1:1:1 and finishing at 9:9:9. Unfortunately, with ~700 planets, 3 fleets and 8 ticks of travel time per fleet, you'd need ~1900 ticks to do it.
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 16:50   #119
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It would actually be rather amusing to sign up a planet, and just send a pod fleet to every planet in turn, starting at 1:1:1 and finishing at 9:9:9. Unfortunately, with ~700 planets, 3 fleets and 8 ticks of travel time per fleet, you'd need ~1900 ticks to do it.

get 2 planets and start at either end of the PA universe

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 17:11   #120
bankeris

bankeris is an unknown quantity at this point

is there any new link for stats? or its still: http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=983017423412
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 17:33   #121
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
get 2 planets and start at either end of the PA universe
Are you suggesting I cheat!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankeris View Post
is there any new link for stats? or its still: http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=983017423412
That's still it. There is now an alternative, see the other thread.
Unread 26 Jul 2017, 17:49   #122
Lukey

Considering signups start in 2 days and I assume we need a baseline set for when everyone picks their race, the silence here around any modifications to this set is a little concerning!
Unread 27 Jul 2017, 06:03   #123
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Last thing said to me was that Jintao was leaning towards his backup plan. Personally I think that is a boring option but obviously I am gonna be biased towards my set.

Unfortunately a few in the community let pessimism about cheaters rule their heads and won't allow this set run as it was intended so we have hit an impasse with it. As far as combat goes I'm happy with all the interactions and I strongly believe that the current pod setup is the best way to play these to their highest potential.

The ball is in the court of stat chooser, we will have to wait and see.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2017, 18:20   #124
kingzechs

kingzechs is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Last thing said to me was that Jintao was leaning towards his backup plan. Personally I think that is a boring option but obviously I am gonna be biased towards my set.

Unfortunately a few in the community let pessimism about cheaters rule their heads and won't allow this set run as it was intended so we have hit an impasse with it. As far as combat goes I'm happy with all the interactions and I strongly believe that the current pod setup is the best way to play these to their highest potential.

Or just accept your stats are what the Spanish call el terrible'
kingzechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2017, 19:45   #125
Napoleon

Napoleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Kai your set seems really interesting, good on you for putting the time and effort in. Be cool to play them instead of a re run!

Kingzcecks you are an idiot
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2017, 00:53   #126
Swainey

Swainey is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It definitely would be a shame if these stats don't get used.

While a few of us have complained here on the forums (I am sure though that there are many more in the community who feel the same way but have not posted here) it appears that most of us who have brought up the issue of cheating with these stats are actually in favor of these stats, I know I am.

We just wanted to see one small change to make it fair.
Swainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2017, 00:57   #127
Lukey

With or without the added pods, I still prefer this set over the backup plan just to embrace change and try something different.

Also I don't want a round with every alliance going DE!