User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 7 Apr 2018, 15:39   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Battle Calc Problems (Firefox)

This seems to be browser specific and probibly caused by an update but see if anyone else is having this issue and a solution.

Browser: Firefox Quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit)

Problem:

(tab1) Go to galaxy screen
(tab1) AU planet
(tab1) Add to bcalc > New
(tab2) Save bcalc - everything is fine, can add as many fleets as i like from tab1...

(tab1) right click on galaxy and open in new tab
(tab3) click on A to scan a planet
(tab3) click on Add to bcalc > Last active bcalc.... nothing, no focus on last active bcalc.

now, i expect people to say "don't open in a new tab, just use one tab" but this is the same if someone gives you a scan link that opens in a new tab, it wont focus on last active bcalc.... you can get it to work if you take the url and put it in the original tab.

So it seems that a bcalc created in Firefox is tied to a parent tab, if you don't have that parent tab then you cant add to last active bcalc.

Reasons you may not have that parent tab may be restarted browser (calc from night before), gotten the bcalc from someone else (defense team).

is it just me?? :P
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2018, 17:00   #2
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: Battle Calc Problems (Firefox)

Support replied
bcalcs "add to last" is a cookie, it stores the last rn or id from the bcalc. it expires after like 10 min (i think). It has no "link" to the parent tab of the game in any way, it's all to the bcalc. The bcalc looks for any ship/fleet data set for it every 2 sec, so that might be failing for you too, like the browser blocking it because it's a constant rechecking

-----

So any help on resolving this?

Anyone else see the same issue with firefox?
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 7 Apr 2018, 17:05   #3
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about

I have the same issue. Using Firefox, I can't use the 'add to last calc' links as it doesn't do anything.
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2018, 17:07   #4
[DDK]gm

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1450199
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 11 Apr 2018, 17:53   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

yer I had the same issue had to use IE to DC
Unread 11 Apr 2018, 20:54   #6
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
yer I had the same issue had to use IE to DC
*shudder*
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2018, 09:31   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I use firefox, and im not having this issue btw.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2018, 19:31   #8
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I am having the same issue GM.

Anyone found a solution yet? And no I am not going to use IE! Does chrome have this issue?

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2018, 21:54   #9
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Anyone found a solution yet?
From the link above, it looks like it's fixed in Firefox nightly. So yes, but it may take a while to filter through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Does chrome have this issue?
Doubtful. It's a browser issue, so it would make sense to be browser specific. No-one seems to have reported it on Chrome.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2018, 08:03   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
From the link above, it looks like it's fixed in Firefox nightly. So yes, but it may take a while to filter through.

Doubtful. It's a browser issue, so it would make sense to be browser specific. No-one seems to have reported it on Chrome.
I think its a issue with windows firefox actualy.
Firefox for linux seems to work fine, atleast for me.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote