User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jul 2004, 18:35   #1
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point
Tides

Intro
Tides will be an attempt to help new people to the game and to understand what this game is about and to hopefully gain experience in an alliance setting. There will be no vouches or score limit or even any free account limits. Everyone will be allowed to join but only people that are really interested will be allowed to stay. I will give people the opportunity to apply through PA and help them get onto IRC through messaging as this will be a part of any alliance. If people don't show any interest in joining an alliance then there is not much point in joining an alliance and will be messaged and booted. Tides will have its own private channel and be set up as invite only. We will also be sharing the public channel with tof.

Recruitment
#Tides will be the #tof recruitment channel and used for new recruits for both alliances. You will be asked questions and such by Tof Recruiters to find out where you stand in the PA universe. If you have a good enough average and have the experience of being in a quality alliance you can bypass Tides and join Tof.

Attacks
All attacks will be done with Tides members alone and hopefully everyone will be getting a part. Tips and knowledge will hopefully be passed down to memebers to give them a understanding on how fleets combinations can work. I would like to try to set up regular daily attacks that will be done separatly from Tof. As attacks are a big part of the game I hope most people will be excited to take in part of an alliance attack and be on IRC when attacks are planned.

As trusted officers gain positions into the ranks of Tides we may see an unbalance of value/score so Officers will be allowed to attack with Tof. The Tides members will be attacking smaller together until they grow and move on from Tides.

Defence
Defence everyone in Tides will be encouraged to send defence when needed and encouraged to recongnize the attacking fleet and send what is only required and hopefully teach how to save fleets slots for the good of the alliance. Defence is another part of the game and if used wisely can help increase XP and save roids.

Naps
There will be a mutual nap between Tof and Tides members. All attacks will have to be made through me.

Other Alliances
As this will be run through Tof we will encourage people that have surpassed the requiremnts to join Tof but any Tides member will be given the opportunity to join any alliance that will accept them if that means to leave the tof community then you can leave.

Positions
As this will be a new alliance after memebers start to join and will be moved into the alliance and shuffled into positions. I hope this can be a learning experience for everyone. I hope to one day get to the point of having regular Officers that have the similar goals as myself.

I hope this alliance can be run independly and with the least amount of interuption from outside. Everyone in the alliance will be a part of Tides and not necessarily a part of Tof. We will also be looking to help smaller alliances if they wish to join. Learning to use some basic IRC commands and along with being a part of an alliance will be taught. With this we hope that we can help all new people coming to the game for the first time.

Anyone interested join or to be a part of tides then join #Tides and talk to one of the voiced or ops.
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 19:24   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tides

It's a BLOCK!! If this leads to block wars then it's your fault. :P

Seriously: good luck. I hope you can make the mentorteam jobless.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 23:58   #3
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck! Valhalla were brilliant last round (Considering the resources they had, and the time it takes to get infrastructure going...). And I even organised in an attack in which Valhalla joined in, and was very pleasantly surprised by the ability of your BCs, the organisation and size of the forces you were actually able to put out. Pld!

This sort of thing is desperately needed by PA IMO, so all the best
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 10:19   #4
orichalon
[ToF]Ori

orichalon can only hope to improve

nicely said Mastro m8
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 09:23   #5
Mastro
#SiN

Mastro is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah well things have gotten a bit more universal. Tides has merged with SiN. We will be looking for any new players to the game. Join #sin and ask info from an op.