User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:05   #1
Smashed

Smashed is an unknown quantity at this point
Attacks Ratio for future rounds

I beleive that In future rounds attack ratios should be more fair, I think you should only be able to attack someone if they are at least 75% of you own size (25% Ratio), this will help keep Noobies in this game and help it grow. I also think there should be a limit on how times in any 24 hour period you can be hit and that you can only be hit by one planet at anyone time. The reason behind this is I have seen 1 guy in my gal this round on 2 seperate Occasions have 11 continus attacks on him and we are only 13 mil in size so are not big players.

Last edited by Smashed; 13 Dec 2004 at 20:25.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:26   #2
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attacks Ratio for future rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed
I beleive that In future rounds attack ratios should be more fair, I think you should only be able to attack someone unless they are at least 75% of you own size (25% Ratio), this will help keep Noobies in this game and help it grow. I also think there should be a limit on how times in any 24 hour period you can be hit and that you can only be hit by one planet at anyone time. The reason behind this is I have seen 1 guy in my gal this round on 2 seperate Occasions have 11 continus attacks on him and we are only 13 mil in size so are not big players.
The problems with this are:

1) Top players can't hit *anybody*.
2) If there is a limit on the number of times in a 24 hour period you can be hit it can be abused. Not to mention that it would be a completely arbitrary means to cancel somebody's attack, which is incredibly annoying.
3) The point in 2) applies to only being able to be hit by one planet at a time. I could just have some friends keep a fleet launched at me at all times and avoid actual hostile incoming that way.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:29   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Also, if you can only hit one planet at a time, most top players would be completely untouchable, even without defence being sent.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 20:32   #4
Smashed

Smashed is an unknown quantity at this point

Point Taken ppl, But there must be a more fair way for the smaller guys out there to grow and actually enjoy this game like us without being gunned by the bigger planets.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 22:41   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is not just that small planets are attacked that often, but also the fact that some galaxies are small. A small planet in a high ranked galaxy is not likely to be attacked that often. An attempt is being made to make galaxies more equal in the future.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 23:03   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I always thought that allowing a better cap from better value targs, and reducing damage to structures vs. lower value targs may help. I think I got slapped down though.

XP is a great thing, and the increased bash limit (to 40% now) makes things not-that-bad (well, improved)...
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 06:23   #7
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there should be some difference in roid cap based on respective values. This might not work very well with the current XP formula's (since XP gained is related to the roids you take, this would lead to an unstable formula again). It's worth a try in my opinion though if you set good limits to this function.

The roid cap is currently first calculated and then devided over each fleet: the method of calculation would have to change.

I would go for a roidcap between 0 (valueratio 0) and 30% (equal values). The minimal cap would then effectively be 12% (40%*30%).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 19:59   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

declining the original suggestion but variable roid cap might come bakc at some point

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread