Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 10 Jun 2008, 00:21   #1
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road
Planet Bar

(i'm back, and i thought, hey why not)

Throughout the universe, there are billions of galaxies, billions upon billions actually.. well you get the idea... there is a lot. and in Omega Senti, one of the smallest, but most known, there is a huge space station. Decimated, but huge; inside there is one small pod, awakening from a deep sleep. He is Slick, an undead human, but still retaining his intelligence, he set up a large bar hundreds of years ago.

He remembers those times, many laughs were had in this bar. Switching on the auto repair unit, he starts to clean up, hoping that the massive sign and signal that the bar is back online will bring back his regulars.

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2008, 09:38   #2
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planet Bar

Character outlines/bios?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2008, 09:49   #3
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

i was hoping that most people would remember my bar from times of old, but ok.

You can be basically anything you want to be. it's a meeting place where almost anything can happen. Here is a list of things

Weapons:

(skp= skills point/s)
Combat Knife: Simple, but effective. Small 6 inch knoife with serated blade. Use for close combat. (unless you have the veteran ability: Knife thrower) 0skp

Revolver: Six bullet pistol. Used for long and short range. Normally a straight range, buit if you have the "bullet king" ability, then you may use richoche.1sk

Pistol (Socom): Normal .45 pistol. Used by most marines in the corp, this pistol is great for all around shooting, or for opening beer bottles. Carries a flashlight holder for night missions.1skp

M37: Eight shell single barrel shotgun. Used for short range killings. Can do long range, but less effective Carries a lot of recoil. Carries a +1 attack, but a -1 movement 2skp

Automatic Mauser: Chinese Copy of the american version. Good for horizontal Sweeps of the room. Carries a -1 movement 2skp

Assault rifle: 225 round machine gun. Used for short and long range. Inexpensive and easy to use. No penalties 3skp

Turrets All these come with no penalties But require Mech-head ability)

Assault Turret: Large version of the assault rifle. Extremely fast reload with a 1000 round clip. No penalties(Available evrywhere) 3skp

Plasma turret: Superheated electricity thrown out in bolts. No end to rounds, but quality degrades over time.(Only available in security centre) 5skp

Laser turret: As described... Long range, quick and easy kills (Only available in Dock area) 3skp

Rocket turret: Fires large missles at whatever target you wish. Onboard hud for accuracy. 7skp

Extra weapons (Not available everywhere)
Plasma Gun: Same as turret, but in a smaller and more compact design. Extremely powerful, but easily borken. 5skp

Laser pistol: Not very powerful, but useful for opening locked or welded doors. 1skp

Portable rocket launcher: As described. Carries small Stinger missles. Also has a small targeter. Has two switches, normal or heatseeker. 4skp

Armour:

Bulletproof vest: Standard armour for privates, can take up to 10 bullets. Pretty useless but everyone has them and are useful in quick short-range battles. everyone has this 0skp no penalties

Light combat armour: Kevlar re-enforced Armour. Can take up 20 bullets or 2 shotgun shells 0skp No penalties

Standard Combat armour: Chainmail covered armour. Quite robust, but heavier. Slows down movement 2skp 1skp -1 Movement

Heavy Combat Armour: Titanium Coated chainmail armour. Very robust. Can take a laser shot. Extremely heavy. 5skp -2 Movement

Sheild Tech Armour: Holographic shield that produces a hard light Shield. Very robust and not heavy. Expensive. Only found in Reserch And Development level 4skp no penalties +3 health

Psychic Skills
Those who have gone through Psychic training, may use these mind weapons.

Telekenisis: ability to move objects
Telepathic: Ability to talk to someone else through the mind
Hex Vision: Ability to use the brains power to make an electrical bolt (very risky) 5skp
Teleprotect: Ability to project a shield around a person or persons. 1 person = 1skp many = 4skp +5 health (only able to use in short bursts - about 10 mins)

Veteran abilities:
Tech Boy: Carries a +1 engineering improving repair of weapons
Bullet-King: The person with this ability has used a revolver for years and so is able to make his/her bullets ricoche off of walls, pipes etc
Mech-Head: This person has the strength to operate the weapon turrets
Medi-bay: the ability to do difficult medical operations in the field
Hacker: The ability to operate and hijack systems for their own uses
Knife-Thrower: Ability to accurately throw a combat knife at an object to kill

Skills points:Each Private starts with 10 skills points. Simple weapons such as pistols come with only 1 skill point. The larger the weapon, the more points. Knifes come with no points required. Verteran skills cause you to get more skills points. only 1 skill per person allowed.

Ranks: (more kills, more rank)

Private: Slow. Low health and low weapon abilities (0 - 10)
Leuitenant: Quicker, low health but medium weapons ability (11-30)
Captain: Quick, Medium health, High weapon ability, Veteran ability(31-50)
Colonel: Very Quick, High health, high weapons, Verteran ability (51-90)
General: As above, but allowed to order a group around.(91+)

Races

Human: Normal Homo-Sapien
Bionic human: Homo-Sapien With Technology
AI: Artificial Intelligent Robots (Droids, Bioroids, Androids)

Unread 10 Jun 2008, 10:10   #4
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Also things will be added to this list later on, but i never like to spoil suprises hehe

Unread 19 Jun 2008, 16:00   #5
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

no-one playing?

Unread 21 Jun 2008, 19:23   #6
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

People have to come out of their collective coma first. It may take some time before anyone even realizes that anything is happening. But I remember the old Pbar, and I resent these limitations you are proposing.
Unread 5 Jul 2008, 14:16   #7
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Screw it then, leave out the stuff... do what you what hehe

Unread 3 Aug 2008, 16:50   #8
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Everything sounds nice, despite players amounts ;( Sux tho there is such a good organization from your side and so big inactivity...
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 09:08   #9
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

i just dont like limits. You're RP seems like a video game where you equip yourself with whats available. Imo an RP is there for people to submit character BIO's and create it themselves. If you limit it to what you've set out then its going to be very linear. Whereas if you set aside limits and allow people to create their own character it gets interesting.

The reason i'm not invloved is due to these limitations.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 19 Aug 2008, 10:38   #10
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

i removed those limitations, do what you want hehe

Unread 19 Aug 2008, 12:24   #11
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

you might wanna create a new thread and set the scene, this ones been butchered a bit. create a character bio and then open the floor for new bio's which people can submit.

Unread 19 Aug 2008, 17:03   #12
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

i suppose your right...

---- CLOSED ----