Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Dec 2003, 12:59   #1
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Cluedo - Input

As some of you may remember, the murder mystery thread used to be quite a bit of fun, but never quite made it to the end. In an attempt to finally solve some kind of investigation, I'm creating a special christmas version of the game. Cluedo on Ice if you will...

To save some of the hassle, we'll all know who everyone is, carried out on these forums in other words. Avatars still welcome, but for the moment, I need folk to submit themselves in here, so I can come up with equal number of murder weapons and rooms.

The thread will follow most of the rules in a regular game of Cluedo, their will be three murder cards, and you'll be PM'd a hand of your own, these you can eliminate. Finding out what cards everyone else has is up to you. Moving about the place will be done by day rather than rolling the die, to prevent confusion on who's turn it is. On another note, you'll have to investigate to actually find potential weapons and rooms before you can actually pose the thought: "I suggest it was Professor Plum, in the conservatory, with the spanner". DMing will answer who is next in line with one of those cards - then revealed to you. Done alphabetically, rather than clockwise around the board :D

The idea is that this thread will be a jolly sort of laugh, running over the Christmas/New Years peroid, so dare I say it, have fun and mince pies for the winning sleuth.
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 13:07   #2
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Cluedo - Input

hola senor
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 16:56   #3
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

it was me!! in the lounge, with a wooden spoon!!
i'm in.
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 17:37   #4
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

This sounds interesting and fun. It doesn't seem like a lot of work either, so I'd like to give it a try if that's ok?
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 20:41   #5
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

The only problem I forsee is with revealing results of suggestion, without the other players seeing (lot of PMing). Other than that, if we don't get up to 6 players, I'll fill in with NPCs in the form of Rev.Green, Mrs.Peacok, etc.
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 22:07   #6
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in.

And I reckon it was cheesey, in the OOC, with a Flamethrower
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 22:47   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith[x]
And I reckon it was cheesey, in the OOC, with a Flamethrower
adam posted.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 17:02   #8
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Our survey says... Guilty -ding- -ding- -ding-

Anyway, if Phang wants to be #5, then I can take #6 and we have classic board game style numbers
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 18:17   #9
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Ahem

Twas the Scarlet Lady Hawk in the Bedroom with a small lace hanky and one large bottle of bubblebath

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 19:07   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im in. that makes 7 - find someone else and we can have 8 for doubleplusslightlyroundernumbers!
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 01:11   #11
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Ooooh doubleplusslightlyroundernumbers, yes, what a fun idea, I will play myself and add an NPC which someone can take over if the need(interest) should arrise.

I have the 'deck' ready, each player gets three cards, not necessarily one of each type. I'll start the thread tomorrow, and leave you to wander about the crime scene. Too note though, as I'm playing myself, and as DMing know what's in the murder envelope, my actions, may or may not be attempts to throw the rest of you off ;-)

Brieft description of the rules and regs will probably find it's way around. Though, to begin with, seeing as you only know of the 8 suspect cards, making your first suggestion might be interesting, tactics++

:-D
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 01:27   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

mmmmmm... murder. count me in, so that makes nine! HA i destroy your doubleplusslightlyroundernumbers MWHAHAHAHA

btw i take Colonel Demon Dave Mustard
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 03:02   #13
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

T'was I, in the sitting room with my arse.

Of course it was an accident however...

Count me in.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 03:28   #14
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we get a list of all the Locales and Weapons? T'would be cool if they were RP related (OOC/HRH/SH/UCA, FIDO/K9/Starship Enterprise etc etc)
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 11:26   #15
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

I considered having some RPer theme'd weapons, but quickly caught myself on. For the scene to be traversable, the rooms won't involve any dimension skipping, doorway wormholes across the globe, bottomless pits or time portals :-)

You however won't get a list of either, meaning the RP element of exploring the mansion should be amusing. Secret passages included

Things will get revealed quickly however, everyone one else will be able to see your posts/discoveries, the suggestion making process will then get easier, and then harder as you try to eliminate ;-)

PMing... that's going to be fun. Heh. Game thread to follow. Soon as I think up another weapon to account for Hewitt's arrival.
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 00:57   #16
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

It was me in the television with the weather girl!

I'm in

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote