User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:00   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Not Eating Properly - Advice Needed

Below is an email I sent to my parents. They have yet to reply.

I am just wondering what you GDers think.

Thank you kindly

Dan

Quote:
Please don’t panic.

I don’t seem to be able to eat properly for the last 2 weeks – I guess my stomach has shrunk due to not eating.

All I had yesterday was half a KFC burger, I did try and eat but I don’t seem to be able to stomach anything. I feel physically sick when chewing food as though I am hungover.
I just tried to eat yoghurt this morning, couldn’t finish it off and I was brought a Sausage Roll but that too, had to be thrown.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

I am taking vitamin tablets to make sure I don’t get ill but I know I can’t live off them.

If I saw the Doctor do you think he’d have anything? He will probably just say try forcing food into me?

Dan

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:06   #2
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not Eating Properly - Advice Needed

Smoke loads of good quality grass, and then get the munchies big time.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:07   #3
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

No really, is it uncool to go to the doctor or something?
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:15   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMighty
No really, is it uncool to go to the doctor or something?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:20   #5
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You could try eating something that either wasn't cooked by an illegal Turkish immigrant, had no real nutrritional value or was probably riddled with salmonella.

What's wrong with a salad, or even, OMG A PIECE OF FRUIT

Other than that, what IS wrong with going to the doctor about it?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:23   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

from a purely financial point of view, eat things like rice that if you don't finish you can chuck in the fridge for later.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:24   #7
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Doctors get fed up of speaking to people with pathetic symptons.

Sure I went after I collapsed in the street due to a throat infection, but the fact I have an eating disorder isn't anything they can do?

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:28   #8
Minty
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
from a purely financial point of view, eat things like rice that if you don't finish you can chuck in the fridge for later.
Not a bad idea.

Chocolate goes down nicely.

Tried salad & fruit at my parents BBQ and couldn't eat it all.

Ok, Doctors it is

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 11:28   #9
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

I think they'd rather you saw them than got something worse because you're not getting anything into your system.
have you tried eating soup, that may work, you don't need to chew, which you said made you feel shit?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 13:11   #10
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts

There is a reason why you are not eating, work out what it is and deal with it.
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 13:31   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty
Sure I went after I collapsed in the street due to a throat infection, but the fact I have an eating disorder isn't anything they can do?
Shouldn't ignore an eating disorder like that as it's most likely a medical reason for it. Go see a doctor.

(btw, lo Dan, my name is Dan too )
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 13:56   #12
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
the fact I have an eating disorder isn't anything they can do?
You might not have an eating disorder. Could be an infection of some kind.

Go see a doctor fool!
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 14:13   #13
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

you are probably pregnant.

my advice would be, if you can, to eat little and often just to make sure you are getting a decent amount of nutrition. the whole "three meals a day" concept is rather silly in reality and does not tie in well with human physiology.

and go and see the doctor of course.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:16   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
the whole "three meals a day" concept is rather silly in reality and does not tie in well with human physiology.
Quite true. Three meals a day means 3 big meals a day (duh). What you should do is eat smaller meals and more often throughout the day. This gives you a better metabolism (The burning-process in your body gets better). No idea if this is relevant for Minty though.

Last edited by Nadar; 29 Jun 2005 at 23:54.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:18   #15
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Smoke loads of good quality grass, and then get the munchies big time.
i wouldn't have phrased it like that if I wanted you to take me seriously,

but mari j is the best appetite inducement drug on the market at present.

either way, take care of this in a hurry because you could easily do permanent damage to yourself.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:22   #16
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

the letter sounds like you are using malnutrition to emotionally blackmail your parents into giving you money.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:24   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I reckon not eating (much) for a while basically ****ed your body up to the point where it is now not dealing with food very well, especially if you suddenly start eating bigger meals again.

I would suggest drinking a lot of tea and having dry biscuits for a day or two. They are small portions that your body should be able to deal with, shouldn't cause you much discomfort while eating, and are a pretty good way of getting your digestive system back on track.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 19:17   #18
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Leshy's suggestions sounds like a good idea. It's what my wife does when she is sick and can't hold down any food.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 19:26   #19
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Leshy's suggestions sounds like a good idea. It's what my wife does when she is sick and can't hold down any food.
Your wife posts health advice on internet forums when she can't hold down food ?!
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 19:27   #20
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
This gives you a better combustion(is that the right word? The burning-process in your body at least gets better)
the word you are searching for is metabolism
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 19:36   #21
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Your wife posts health advice on internet forums when she can't hold down food ?!
No. She can't hold down her food when she reads advice on Internet forums.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 20:06   #22
Minty
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
No. She can't hold down her food when she reads advice on Internet forums.

Thank you all for your advice.

Spoke to the Managing Director of my company.

I have tomorrow off sick, I shall see a Doctor.
Although currently eating bananas, drinking milk and taking some Bach Rescue drops for my tongue.

I know the reason why I stopped eating, it was due to real life issues I have. It made me feel physically ill to eat.
Now I am slowly getting over these issues I still can't stomach things.

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 01:58   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The best thing you can do is:

Eat as much as you possibly can. Don't worry about what it is - make sure it tastes nice though.

Head to the toilet.

Stick two fingers down your throat. Three if they'll fit. Keep jamming them down there until you reach a gag reflex.

Vomit that food you've just eaten, into the toilet.

Keep vomitting until you think you've got rid of all the filth you just ate.

Wipe your mouth and wash your hands.

What? It's the only way you'll get that body you're so obviously craving.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 02:24   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Not Eating Properly - Advice Needed

My advice, eat properly.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 09:05   #25
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I know the reason why I stopped eating, it was due to real life issues I have. It made me feel physically ill to eat.
Now I am slowly getting over these issues I still can't stomach things.
well definitely do what I suggested then, eat a little bit, but often, then you aren't straining your stomach too much but will still overall eat enough food. drink fruit juices (as pure as possible) as well as milk and things like that to keep your hydration good and provide an extra source of nutrition.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote