User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 May 2004, 23:03   #1
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about
1up R11 Recruitment

Most of the appropriate information was covered in the AD thread and I won't repeat it here.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177356

The alliance is 1up, headed by Synthetic_Sid.

We're looking for proven quality players to fill a variety of roles including standard military type planets, dedicated covert op, and dedicated scan planets.

Recruitment will be through our public IRC channel #public. You will need the sponsorship of one of the Ops there. This means you probably have to know them fairly well. You will then need the approval of most or all of the ops thereafter to gain final acceptance.

The goal of this thread is just to make some old players aware that we exist, cross link to the appropriate information on a different board, and let people know where to go if they are interested.

Cheers and Good Luck

[1up]Cayl
Cayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 01:46   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: 1up R11 Recruitment

u do realise that the only if we all like u attitude towards recruitment has contributed to the lowering of the player base over the rds
but good luck anyways

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 02:51   #3
Cayl

Quality control of membership is an essential part of making a quality alliance.

With a 75 member cap, we're pretty sure we'll have more than enough quality applicants, even with these standards.

I'd be happy to discuss the many reasons that Planetarion's membership has declined with you in a new thread or the one I linked to in my original post.

Please reserve this thread for direct questions about 1up recruitment. (Applications in this thread will be duly ignored.)
Unread 14 May 2004, 06:38   #4
Hue_Jass
Professional Noob

Hue_Jass is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck guys. I'll keep your roids safe :P
Hue_Jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 12:26   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How do you make your letters in the sig go green?
Unread 14 May 2004, 12:28   #6
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
How do you make your letters in the sig go green?
with color, nub.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 13:12   #7
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

this is no recruitment, this is ostracism

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 15:53   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
With a 75 member cap, we're pretty sure we'll have more than enough quality applicants, even with these standards.
^^ not meaning to sound harsh but isn't that a bit up yourself? Some of the alliances atm are happy with how they are and have a fairly solid memberbase, and many of the "quality applicants" will probably be ones from previous rounds, who haven't even played the last 2-3. Yes you've collected lots of "old school" names to try and attract r2-5 players who can remember "those days", but I'm not sure how many people's curosity will turn into applications.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 05:31   #9
Cayl

If we'd accepted everyone's application who's actually applied (ie not merely expressed curiosity), we'd be 2 or 3 in-game alliances by now. That wouldn't be very condusive to our stated goal of not blocking.
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:08   #10
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I thought we banned the word nub ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:17   #11
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a commonplace word in EvE, Focht is being influenced
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:34   #12
Finally

Can I join?
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:41   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We'll have none of your Xanadu shanagins here
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:45   #14
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

I never knew we had a thread here
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:53   #15
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Ditto

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 14:56   #16
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Eddie_V is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost
I never knew we had a thread here
hide yer children... It´s KillGhost... to all noobs with 3 -10 roids next round watch it cause KG is comming....

lo KG btw
Proud to have been Adelante
Proud to have been Fury
Proud to have been Eclipse

Proud to be a part of R6B
Cya in tha next speedround
Eddie_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 17:58   #17
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Code:
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> WPO seem to have gone into collapse
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> They're down to the level of recruiting for members on PA boards now
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> always a bad sign
I'd say something about how the mighty have fallen, but it's more like the game has changed. I guess WPO were pioneers...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 20:10   #18
Cayl

Yes, yes quite amusing...

However our post is a simple "Where once there was nothing, we now exist"

Whereas WPO had open recruitment to all comers on the boards.

In any case, recruitment is all but closed now. We have room for a few exceptional candidates who can meet our strict vouch policy.
Unread 27 May 2004, 11:32   #19
Churchil5
Newly Reformed

Churchil5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Cayl...Because my alliance (you know the name ;-)) will not be appearing in the game just yet I'm going to start to build up relationships within the game. As you are one of the first people I've spoken to since re-entering the forums... and your alliance seems pretty decent, dont suppose there'd be a place for me in [1up] would there?

Last edited by Churchil5; 27 May 2004 at 11:33. Reason: I got the colour wrong..
Churchil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:25   #20
Darkon
Veneratio

Darkon is an unknown quantity at this point

As I feel the need to help other alliances as well here's some advice:

DO NOT ACCEPT Churchil in your alliance.
He'll be spamming the place with his "Join the United Fleets" threads, trying to steal members and asking silly proposals like if you would like to change your alliance name into "United Fleets" for next round.

He has been hiding the info that he has been kicked from Dark Omen during the beta as well. (the list does get rather long, doesn't it?) And everyone knows the requirements of our alliance to join and stay in Dark Omen were not all that high during the beta and this says quite a lot about you, Churcil.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:30   #21
Cayl

Thanks for the warning... however I think 1up would probably be the 1 poorest target for this kind of conduct... and he didn't meet the entrance requirements in any case.

Good luck to you this round.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 03:22   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1up saved from probably catastrophe by Cayl's initiative and Darkon's wise advice!

Disaster avoided! 1up lives to see another day!

Read all about it! Read all about it!
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:55   #23
Churchil5
Newly Reformed

Churchil5 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok... i wrote out a fairly long reply to this but my computer crashed and i was unable to make my original post.

i would still however like to get my side of the story across as i believe this would only be fair.

I joined DO (now Mystica) and was impressied by the amount of initiative the alliance showed.. it really looked (and still does) like it is trying to make an impact on the game, which I have 100% respect for.

I did not, however, flood their forums or try to steal members from their alliance because my alliance, United Fleets, will not be playing PA, and definately wasn't trying to play the Beta. I was not trying to steal members.

I did however make a post regarding United Fleets (just one thread... not many threads... and I made no mention of this thread in other threads, thus I could not be accused of 'spamming') in their forums. It simply detailed who I was... what experiences I had had as an alliance HC and the thread was meant to help DO in Planetarion whilst recruit DO members for another webgame that Mystica do not play. I am not sure how this constitutes as to stealing members.

In regards to changing their name:
They said they would be changing their name from DO (as they have proved they did) and as a passive comment suggested United Fleets. This was not a stupid idea... as it was not even a serious idea. I wasn't even going to have any say in the alliance anyway, as my efforts currently lie elsewhere, which i have also told people before.

about not meeting requirements:
I was one of the most active IRC members they had (out of about 6) but did not play the game itself actively. I explained to them (as i've mentioned on these forums before) that i was not playing the beta seriously but simply evaluating the facilities and how PA differs from PIA.
speaking of IRC though... it was i who when asked by their current command to edit the settings of their private room did so... as none of them know how to do it. I did this curteously and without any comments regarding their inability to do it themselves.

As you will have read from my posts in the past i am not one to go flaming anything, spamming or flooding anything, and this one-post-wonder should really introduce themselves in a manner other than to criticise somebody else, i'm sure you will agree.

Jerry's Final Thought:
I have nothing against Mystica (formerly Dark Omens) and I hope that this thread has cleared this up

And being new to PA as such... no i did not have my 4 vouches for 1up.

Sarek16
Churchil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 22:05   #24
Darkon
Veneratio

Darkon is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG.....It's full of lies again as usual. And a lot of members can vouch for that. You might not have your 4 1up vouches, but for the fact that this is nonsense you have far more than just 4. Get on #mystica and see how many ppl will vouch for that....
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 07:23   #25
Cyborg

Cyborg is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure I can be top 300 when I init another 100 roids if someone spares me a credit.
Please, do any of your alliance members have an extra credits so i can use it to help your alliance much more?
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 10:56   #26
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Darkon & Churchill, please. shut up