User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:13   #1
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
The end of a journey

After 2 won rounds its finally time for me to announce the end and disbanding of eclipse in the game planetarion.
This announcement is coming with mixed feelings, on one hand its the end of a long road we went through from our first steps in r9 till now, on the otherhand many ppl got worn out and lost their faith in the game and its community and went to go for other games.
Eclipse will go on playing in one of the major clones alongside its allies and we also established a small dedicated group in another game to keep our friendship alive.
Some ppl and especially our members will now ask what brought us to this decision on which all current HC's agreed on.
The major factor was that almost all commandmembers have important RL goals and difficulties ahead they need to master, may it be my exams, arfas sick kids, mazzelars wedding or Johnsons business expansion.
This would leave us without the opportunity to put as much time and dedication into the alliance which would be needed and deserved by our players.
As a result it only left us with a single choice to call it a day and to wish the community and everyone the best for the future.
At this point i wish to invite all Eclipseplayers into the clone as we plan to expand our activities there thanks to the great work of QD and Bashar who ensured a secure political situation and a great military and ranking success for the fairly small group we formed there.

On a more personal note i wish to add that i reconsidered myself for quiet a while how much this step would mean for me, with exams ahead it would end "my baby" some ppl might understand those feelings but i took a look at the pa community and i realised it doesnt justify for me personally the efford anymore.
Sad facts are the community is consuming itself for a couple of rounds now the playing alliance number dropped to below 10 and new blood is nowhere to find. Any replacements for leaving players are filled by scavanging other alliances a trend which cant last much longer.
I personally would be surprised if we see this round more then 1k active core players and no i dont mean just planets and neither players who just work as a farm or scanplanet and basically give nothing to the game itself since they are no target for the general community.
All in all i found my new home in Eve, a game which mastered one step pa always failed upon, further development.
The pa idea was good when it was new and alone but the competition grew and overtook the original game, 30 min clones have tripple or an equal playerbase the original has, this should indicate something.

After giving both, the formal and my personal reasons behind this step i would to add a small thank you part.

The first and biggest thanks goes to our members, without you we wouldnt have made the 2 round victories and without your dedication and investment into this project we wouldnt have had so much success and fun. I enjoyed playing alongside you and since i dont plan to play the clone, will miss many of you.

The 2nd noteworthy thanks must go to our allies, especially our longtimes allies and friends from ToT ( yes you Bomber). Those ppl are a loyal bunch and very reliable, after a few rounds working with them and myself sharing the same nationality it became more then "just game" best wishes to wakko on his trip

Last but not least i need to mention the command, HC and officers. Your support and your will to make things work and to take responsibility/tasks made the game playable and helped to focus our members energy in the right direction, victory.

Now ill throw in some personal thanks since this thread is not only Eclipse disbanding but also my leaving pa for good one. The list would be long if i name everyone so ill just go with 4-5 of my closest friends and m8s in this game:

Killghost, my 2nd in command for years, my friend, partner in crime and enterprise dealer , always loyal always honest. We will meet many times even without pa and keep the old stories alive, a true friend.

Qd, aka mrs sexyvoice, wingwoman longtime senior officer and my new squadm8 in eve, without you the eclipse community would have missed one of its major hearts and souls.

Outcast, the hindi. you know you were always "weird" to most ppl but one of my best m8s in this game, reliable to the end hope you have a good life and make your sister to keep in contact with me ffs

Sonnenbomber, cya @ the fullforce and the next tot-meet

Singularity and the old T&P crew, without you guys i would have stopped long ago, since all of you left and might not even read it ill just say big thanks you were a blast.

Sid, da man, nothing more to say, a god and never too deprived of sleep to not run a top alliance. Good Luck irl Jon, maybe we meetup in london later this year, just drop me a call or pm me

many many more not enough space so you guys know who i would name here anways, thanks spinner for the fun in the past and goodluck with what you do, maybe try a new game once in awhile

Anyways, farewell to the game and its community, one which ill stay in contact with even if im not playing myself.
My best wishes go with the few players of eclipse who intend to stay in the game and do not wish to follow us into other game(s), may you have fun aslong as it lasts.

Signing off
-Focht
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 13 Mar 2004 at 20:19.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:18   #2
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The end of a journey

BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:25   #3
Kefalos
[=V= ViruS =V=]

Kefalos is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno if its a ViruS curse that some of us virus brought with us, but it was fun last round. Cheers to my alliance m8's.

Kefalos
r5:Kefalos of Greece xAlpha GammaX [SDO]
r6:Andriolata of The Little Village [RedBull]
r7:Cephalos of Mount Olympus [ViruS]
r8:The Saints Æ Veritas Æ [ViruS]
r9:The Forgotten Spirit of Truth and Honor [ViruS]
r9.5: =One= of =The Many Inactives in ViruS= [ViruS]
r10:Service Clerk of Save On Foods [Eclipse]
r10.5:Buffy Tyler of November 2000 [MISTU]
r11:The Word of Mouth [MISTU]
r12:[WP]
Kefalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:28   #4
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

Your decission was the best you could do. Our ToT community is growing and attracting old and new members in other games again. In the name of ToT I want to thank you for the long and always good working relationship. Fury/Eclipse were the onliest allied we had all times in PA (R4-10). So special thanks to Sid, Zhil, Focht and KG. Marduk, Wakko and me will surely always remember you guys as good friends of ToT. We'll meet in other games and in RL again.
Was a pleasure and honour to work with you.

Regards
[ToT]Sonnenbomber
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:28   #5
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

bb Eclipse, proud to hav been a member and faught against u in r10.

another era dies

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:28   #6
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to all who continue on in pa

Eclipse has been a great bunch of people to play with and we will continue in other games...Anyone who takes in any of our members will be getting very loyal players....

Its been great serving you all.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:30   #7
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi m8

Pity to see you leaving planetarion, now I wont be able to revenge those 80k ghosts you sent at me in rnd 3.

Was a pleasure to be your enemy since then

FAnG wishes you goodluck in whatever you are going to do.

Regards

LB|away
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:32   #8
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about

I wanna thank all past and present Eclipse members for a great time I had in the last few rounds. I am very greatfull I got in Eclipse in an early stage and see all the developments happening that made it a great alliance, and now how it came to an end.

Thanks again to all HC and players that made Eclipse GREAT!

Regards,
Yama

*bye now!*

Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:35   #9
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

Another sad day for PA

Twas fun last round though
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:40   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:01   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

ya well, what do you want me to say ....

It's sad to see any alliance leave, whether you like them or not doesn't really matter here. It's another piece of PA that dies and I can fully understand the inpact this has on you personally Focht, I've been through ir aswell.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:19   #12
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point

Always sad to see alliances and good players leave.
Gl in Xanadu Focht
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:21   #13
Vandal

Vandal is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Mr. Focht. I enjoyed our late night disections of the Iron Chef and other deep subjects:-)

Festus
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:23   #14
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

It was fun for the time being,

just loved R9 we rocked so much, controlled the univese and killed every single galaxy that only tried to steal roids.

thx for the pleasant times :-)
gl in the clone, you will own in there

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 21:27   #15
Columbo

Columbo is an unknown quantity at this point

well, so i think it is time to say goodbye but i think 8 rounds are enough

Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 22:15   #16
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

What can I say, Eclipse was one of the top alliances the last two rounds. Its a pitty to see such an alliance,
eventho we never were allies, leave a community they helped building themselfs.

On behalve of the VisioN command team I like to wish all of Eclipse members and staff the very best in
whatever game you decide to play. But I do want to add that we would be happy to be either your enemy or
ally in that game aswell. So goodbye to you for this community and game.. and see you around in the other communities and games.

Regards,

VisioN command and,
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 22:18   #17
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Focht, stop making huge blocks in the clone fs.

Otherwise, I expected this to happen, so..

GL in other games.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 22:58   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

\o/ \o/

It's always sad to see alliances leave, but just not now

I know you'll look at me as a prick for saying this, but I couldn't care less
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 23:00   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

thats right nads, we do think u r a prick

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 23:01   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
thats right nads, we do think u r a prick
Thanks
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 23:16   #21
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point

well, this sorta sucks

"on behalf of the FORMER ViruS command" i would like to thank you guys for taking so many of us in with arms wide open. i hope our small group contributed some to eclipse, and im glad we chose you guys as a new home

good luck all
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 23:24   #22
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaranaf
well, this sorta sucks

"on behalf of the FORMER ViruS command" i would like to thank you guys for taking so many of us in with arms wide open. i hope our small group contributed some to eclipse, and im glad we chose you guys as a new home

good luck all
naf naf you became a true eclipse and you guys, even some were small did alot of good to our community and there was never a question about your dedication as scanners or officers.
I was very proud to have you guys onboard for the time beeing and hope some of you might stay with us where we go now or atleast keep visiting #eclipse for a laugh and some chatting.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 23:28   #23
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Its a shame, i quit PA and retired as an ex Eclipse officer, it is a sad day to see Eclipse disband from PA. I wish all of you gud luck in ******** and in the other games. I got sum ppl involved in UW and its a gud game also, armedia will carry that on. Its been an honour to work with all of those great players and it was an honour to finish 2 rounds with these guys at the top of there form. Thank you for the memories Eclipse..

The censor is there for a reason, dont evade it - JC

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by JC; 14 Mar 2004 at 20:02.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 23:55   #24
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

It is a truly sad day for me personally. I wish the Eclipse members every success in everything they, they were a bunch of true alliance mates and it has been my honour to play alongside you all.

..The Darkness is upon us

mazzelaar

Eclipse HC

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 00:15   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Great band though

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:01   #26
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
It is a truly sad day for me personally. I wish the Eclipse members every success in everything they, they were a bunch of true alliance mates and it has been my honour to play alongside you all.

mazzelaar

Eclipse HC
Make sure to invite some of us to your wedding liek.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:13   #27
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this is news that saddens me and also brings a little bit of happiness...Now I definitely will not play Planetarion anymore, as Eclipse was going to be my only reason to play.

Goodbye and thank you Eclipse...

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:14   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
lots of stuff that didnt mention me once :P

I would like to thank you and all other Eclipse members for their dedication to the alliance. A dedication that I failed to live up too after the first round.

But I do not think your journey is at an end, it is merely beginning...

Feel the Fury.

May we fight side by side in the future,

Regards,

David "Zhil" Payton

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:27   #29
Planes_Walker

Planes_Walker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it was definatly a pleasure being apart of eclipse, working with such dedicated players, officers,hc, and everyone in there. My only regret is that i didnt get to know everyone since my comp died over near the end of the round and i couldnt get on the net for maybe 1-2 months
Round 6 : 11:13:15 [WP]
Round 7 : 9:24:9 [WP]
Round 8 : 33:7:1 [WP]
Round 9 : 29:10:9 [WP] / [Eclipse]
Round 9.5 : 21:1:22 [Eclipse]
Round 10 : X:X:X [Eclipse]
Planes_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:30   #30
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Make sure to invite some of us to your wedding liek.

being as you are the bride - you'd better be there!

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:41   #31
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

One more grave to dance on.

Work work work...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:50   #32
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Farewell Eclipse.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 01:52   #33
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

I never really gave any truly offical word of my departure from pa since the last round ended,
now when this happens as between rounds i had never left an alliance during my pa time
unless it was the true end for the group...
Strange as it is i do not feel that saddened. After the end of Fury, Eclipse gave an exellent home
for all them who sought a place where they still would feel some of the old presence around.
For me it lived up its "legacy" twice and for each i had contributed my time in the end as for the true one..
(hint does not mean this Eclipse is Fury thing, so dont grab on it )

It was truly a pleasure to bring the last remaining core of Esthar into Eclipse at our first round.
(bwah like there was 'really' any other choice )
My thanks for the dedication the people within gave for my both rounds together. You are ace
Thanks for the memories, was a truly worthy addition were to live up after Fury.

Peace Focht
-E
ps. You may call this one my offical retirement from PA

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 02:39   #34
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

I have to say it was a lot of fun for me to be in Eclipse. I have had lots of friends in there, and met quite a few interesting new people. It is sad to see it end, but all good things must come to a end

I wish to thank all the people who have been members/officers/hc's who helped build Eclipse. I am very hounoured to have played with you guys and girls Now it's time for me to look for a new alliance (exciting) See ya on the battlefield !
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 05:18   #35
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll keep it short and sweet - I'm proud to have a member and officer for Eclipse!

A big thanks to the command staff and members who made it all worth it in the end

Good luck all

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 10:19   #36
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Goodnight eclipse.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 11:49   #37
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Best decision for Eclipse.

Dead game - dead community - dead alliance.

It's sad that you forgot to mention me, Andi

I hope we'll keep in touch somehow.

Lock

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 12:45   #38
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

well said Focht, looks like a good decision if you ask me
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 13:44   #39
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Been nice having you around.

Good luck in other games.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 14:19   #40
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This came as a surprise to me...

I played with Eclipse since there were around 15 members in the private channel on netgamers. Yes, I left for pastures new (controversially) about a month ago, but I still love Eclipse and was hoping they'd do well.

I'm sure they'll dominate in this "new game" (stupid censors!) as well, and from what I saw they did very well in the last round.

Good luck Eclipse...
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 15:24   #41
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no doubt in my mind that been in Eclipse was one of the best times I had in PA, it is such a shame I see the alliance where I made a lot of friends, who I fought with and against come to an end, I hope the majority of you still play ********, I moved there recently

Cheerio mates, Mav

Dont censor evade - JC

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].

Last edited by JC; 14 Mar 2004 at 20:00.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 17:47   #42
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

It is sad to see, but not unexpected. Good luck Focht, keep in touch. Was a truly great alliance, second greatest I would say
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 19:43   #43
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Whilst I can't say I'm surprised to return from i19 to read this seeing the actual text is still somewhat numbing. Eclipse motivated so many players, be it positively or negatively, and now a lot will find themselves directionless and unmotivated, which is a shame for the game as a whole. I personally can totally understand Focht's reasons and with no regeneration on the cards for Eclipse he took the decision to end with dignity, but at the same time it's never good for the game when an alliance like Eclipse throws in the towel.

I'd like to thank all the members of Eclipse for two interesting rounds of PA and hope that the players continue to remain in the community and the name of Eclipse goes into the chronicles of PA.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 21:24   #44
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point

It was great seeing Eclipse evolve from the +i channel on Netgamers to the alliance that won 2 rounds (even though I was only playing in the first one). Good decision though Focht, best of luck to you mate and sorry I didn't stick around for PaX like you asked at one point.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 23:05   #45
Summerflame

Summerflame is an unknown quantity at this point

Sad News indeed.

I want to thank all peeps that I met and played with in Eclipse. You (nearly) all were a great Bunch, and I loved it to know that there were always, at every Time, People online that took care of one's Problems.
A special Thanx goes to our very dedicated Officers and HC's, for all the work they put into it.

As I am bound to forget some Persons to thank personally I will only mention 2 Guys here:

First, as this is also his personal Good-bye-Thread: Thanx to Focht. /me salutes
I can only imagine how hard it must be to "kiss Good-bye to your Baby". You did a great Job forming Eclipse, and I hope we made you proud by winning 2 Rounds.

2nd: Arfa. You helped me into Fury, and after Fury signed off you also vouched me into Eclipse. Without you i would never have met all the Peeps I met there. A big, big Thanx for that, m8.
I hope your little ones are better soon. All the best wishes for them (and for you and your wife) from me.
I also hope you don't lose too many more Laptops to them before they've grown enough to know not to spill anything over them.
I will come back on IRC when I can trust me enough not to get "addicted" again. I look forward to seeing you there.

Bye Eclipse,

Gwydion
R3: 100:18 Cymberal of Celtar
R4: somewhere in P24
R5: no Idea
R6: 22:20 [Wrath]
R7: 27:1:9 [Fury]
R8: 42:2:5 [Fury]
R9: 26:4:10 [Eclipse]
R9:5: no Idea [Eclipse]
R10: 4:5:5 [Eclipse]
R11: 31:5:9 [1up]
[1up]
Summerflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 23:17   #46
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Bah bah bah, this game is so dead
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 23:54   #47
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point

its been a privalidge to have been apart

shak

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 00:16   #48
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceaxe
It was great seeing Eclipse evolve from the +i channel on Netgamers to the alliance that won 2 rounds (even though I was only playing in the first one). Good decision though Focht, best of luck to you mate and sorry I didn't stick around for PaX like you asked at one point.
...ah how I remember the beginnings. S7n talk \o/

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 03:45   #49
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

finally :-)
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 05:43   #50
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
...ah how I remember the beginnings. S7n talk \o/
Haha those were fun times. I'll never forget my first real round (r4).
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote