User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Nov 2002, 16:41   #1
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Tales of l33tness...

Planetarion is now grinding along after a few months of pretty intense play as the universe has shrunk once again, leaving nothing but diehard roiders left, and very few easy targets.

As the round progresses, more and more people drop out due to the fatigue, or because they pinched off and extra hour of sleep one day and ended up logging on to a totally slagged planet, fleets burning and women being carried off.

Between the two, this has made roiding a bit easier for those who are not knee deep in a war and forced to hit fortress targets that yield more disappointment than roids.

This is effecting all Alliances differently, as the ones doing well are a bit more pumped and continue to slog on, while others are being hammered relentlessly day in and day out... making it pretty easy to give up the ghost and end your round prematurely.

Here is my personal story of being too tired to think straight:

Land tick 1 on enemy planet, chased all defence and prepare to withdraw killing fleet for a couple of juicy ticks of 15% cap roiding. Get up the next morning to see that I had indeed pulled my attacking fleet, but the roiding fleet I had launched which I thought contained my mantis, were actually avengers. I looked sullenly at the screen to see two ticks of my avengers sitting at this guys planet twiddling their thumbs, pondering the leetness of their commander.

The "DOH!" that followed that page load resounded throughtout the known universe: Leto just wobbled himself out of 140 roids. This guy must think I am an idiot. Thankfully, my gal m8 lands the very next tick and scoops up all my nice roids, so at least they get brought home to our galaxy trophy case.

I declare this the boner of the round, and that this tale of l33tness cannot be surpassed.

sigh.

See if any of you can do better.

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 16:50   #2
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
I lost over 6 mil score about 3 weeks ago when the top planet was only around 20mil, took me right out of the race for top anything(I was 11.5mil at the time).
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 16:52   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
One time during round 6 (I was in Bluebull, at that moment fighting for top 5 position) I had a great target which was uncovered..

too bad I only sent my killfleet without pods and forgot to launch my podfleet as I found out after waking up by the radio-alarm to check the scans..
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:17   #4
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Portrait of a retard planet

My whole round has been bone-headed. I think I really only checked 1 attack, so I regularly got my fleet swatted. Also I had a tendancy to watch my fleet die at home when I was attacked. One guy had internet problems and left his kill fleet in for a tick too long and ended up routing my whole fleet. I've spent the last week or so contributing to the roids of several sub-mediocre planets who luanch pod only fleets and I could have easily stopped by spending resources.. just because i refuse to build ships anymore. I do however take comfort in the fact that I was larger than all my attackers now.. twice.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:19   #5
Jatr

Re: Tales of l33tness...

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke Leto
stuff

Leto
crashed my fleet 3 times this round because of oversleeping. Its not that my alarm wasnt set, its that I just turn it off and go back to sleep, forgetting when I land.. or that i even launched.

In all, lost about 8mil score from crashing attacks (post newsies)
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:22   #6
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
ive managed to launch defence instead of attack twice this round ...beat that \o/

the galaxy status must have been fun tho... the whole galaxy was covered without defence, and the only planet that DIDNT have incs was being defended by me ... :/
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:39   #7
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Hmmm well I awoke at some god unearthly hour to join an attack.

As a zik I had already worked out I was going to attack a terran with a DE fleet and steal more pegs and Dems as well as his roids.

So I woke up launched and went back to sleep. 3 ticks later when I awoke properly from my slumber, I realised to my horror I had sent a Frigate fleet (including pods ) instead. I quickly re calculated my bcalcs from the previous scans and realised with the amount of hydras my target had I was gonna have to pull my attack at eta 1 as the loses were too high.

However, my target was probably more asleep than I was. He had Mili scanned me and pasted that in a b-calculator worked out his defence from the mili scan and set up his defence ready to receive my fleet.

He also sent me the b-calc advising me to withdraw as I was going to lose all my fleet.

However, as he had pasted the mili directly into the calculator, it showed my fighters and corvette class ships patiently waiting at home. He had sent his hydras away and got friends to cover him with more pegasus's.

erm reading this back he might just have been a penis head. But id like to just give him the benefit of the doubt

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:47   #8
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
too bad I only sent my killfleet without pods and forgot to launch my podfleet as I found out after waking up by the radio-alarm to check the scans..
That's called the Nacho Maneuver.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:51   #9
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
A couple of newbies have done that to me this round. "I've got a million tachyons here, and have made loads of harpies since you launched and my m8 sent enough BW to freeze you! Land here and die!!!!111". Unfortunately for him I sent Clippers and Demeters, which passed straight to his roids without losses. He even had the cheek to mail me and say I got lucky because my ships 'evaded the fire'.

'lol'
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:53   #10
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez

A couple of newbies have done that to me this round. "I've got a million tachyons here, and have made loads of harpies since you launched and my m8 sent enough BW to freeze you! Land here and die!!!!111". Unfortunately for him I sent Clippers and Demeters, which passed straight to his roids without losses. He even had the cheek to mail me and say I got lucky because my ships 'evaded the fire'.

'lol'

well im trying to believe that there are only hardened hardcore players left

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 18:12   #11
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Gave wrong coords to DC... tired and typing in the dark on my laptop etc... hehe.

And other time I was online and all.. but forgot to recall a third wave on webangel and there went my de fleet

Another time I did this fake... overslept a tick... there went my de fleet again.. got about 24 roids tho..

Could tell other stuff that led to my poor ratio and score, but this is the stuff that goes back to me directly and stupidity that should not have happened.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 18:32   #12
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
This thread makes me smile a lot

I would say my worst poopoo was this time i had a cute little cath who obviously had a crush for Beetles and Roaches. Its late, im tired, its launchtime.
So i launch, crawl to bed, wake up to realise i had sent the fleet with FI/Vults instead of the Arrows/vults.
His spiders didnt even have to work to freeze em so it became a eta 1 recall.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 18:56   #13
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if this tops yours Leto, but it definitely is worthy of consideration. Last night I was launching on a random late night raid. When I was setting my alarm to go to bed, I forgot that it had ticked, so when I was setting it for 7 hours, I was actually going to wake up after landing.

So I woke up this morning, saw I had news and chuckled at the thought that it must have been my target popping my wave jammers. To my surprise it was a combat report - with over 1 mil points losses

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 19:03   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Round 2 of PA and I was busy being 1337 at 3 in the morning when the call for defence is given on Tuba irc

I answer the call along with quite a few others and send off a mighty 25k of frigates to help my poor defenceless alliance m8 along with quite a few others

The next morning I was planning to wake up and do a quick news scan before returning to my nice warm bed (day off you see) but I was so relaxed and lazy I decided not to bother safe in the knowledge that the combined total of over 300k defenders would be more than enough to get victory

A couple of hours I log in to discover a few things

Lots of messages telling me to recall as the bad bad guys had thrown a lot more attackers into battle, a more than slight reduction in score and a complete lack of frigates

How 1337 is that ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 20:30   #15
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
During R3 I was attacking with a m8 of me I attacked with almost daily, he was quite a bit smaller than me tho.

Well, it was 5 in the morning, and I was being 1337 and all. We both had our fleets set up, and it looked to be another fine raid. My m8 sent, and so did I. Only difference is that I sent for def, and he for attack, both of us went to the same party, went home both convinced to see some fine roids. Harsh truth: we battered eachothers fleet.

pld us!
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 20:48   #16
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Hook is teh win.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 20:52   #17
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
In round 1 I used to often launch my fleet around 20.00 cest and not log in for 24 hrs. I lost my (pathetic) fleet on many occasions.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 21:03   #18
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
many incidents in my pa career..

funniest thing this round was me launching my full Fr / De / Co fleet, which costs about 2mill to send, anyway it was going on a nice attack..might have got me 300 roids, but as i launced, i slipped the mouse wheel and sent a Ob def 2hrs, giving me a nice 6mill E launch cost. Not only that, but i didn't realise till eta 1 when i woke up, and my target had deffed 3 targets in gal which would otherwise have been uncovered...

i could tell you all a lot about parra and alarm clocks though and the numerous times he's sent defence instead of attack this round...
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 21:21   #19
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
A simple classic: got a target, made 1 fleet for roiding, 1 kill fleet, made them both on attack 3 hours (so I thought). Execute order, log off.
Waking up in the morning to see 1 of my fleets defending, the other one attacking. Same target
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 22:37   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
was setting up a nice little attack late at night a few weeks ago , just myself attacking so i had 2 fleets ready to send bashing fleet and roiding fleet so i send them off and go to bed confident that even if i sleep in and forget to recall the bashing fleet ill still get roids, woke up next mornin checked in and saw i had news i had screwed up the travel time and sent my roiding fleet to arrive first so my target killed it in 1 tick then ran his fleet leaving my bashing fleet to pick up 15 roids

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 23:05   #21
Hardrada

Round 5 (I think, when the combat calc was "total attacking score V total defending score") nice defenceless target..... sent Pods and Phoenix to happliy roid..... just to make sure I got a good cap, I sent some ships that didnt target Co Class (pods were Co class I recall) to DEFEND my target.
Cant remember exactly what I sent, but I do remember slumping on my keyboard when I read the combat report........ lots of dead attackers and defenders... all mine and killed by me!!!
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 23:22   #22
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Real life is bad for your PA score - especially socialising at a bar.

I average killing my fleet TOTALLY (as in down to 0 ships) about 2-3 times per round, only done it once this round so far (through no fault of my own though, so I won't go into it in this thread.)

However - my achievements this round:

1. Defended girlee, and decided it was safe, and went out I think (or afk for some reason) - came back and found I had lost EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER - now the geniuses amongst you will realise that, for a xan player, this is not the best of situations :-(

2. Launched an attack and went out drinking with friends (Instantly a bugger up), got a phone call from a certain fury member (lo Minty :-) ) saying "You need to recall your fleet or it's gonna die!!". By this point I had had a few points (not sure how many a few is though), and as such told Minty that I was out drinking, and as such, didn't really care, and that I now considered that fleet to be lost. When I sobered up, sure enough, no fleet!

3. I think once when I was doing a defence call, and I was knackered, I accidentally sent a large xan player's fighters on overburn defence to the wrong coords (Oooops!)

4. I like my sleep, getting out of bed is not something I willingly do, and stay out of bed is something I am less willing to do - I woke up one morning to check on an attack, and for once, actually got out of bed and checked the status, and had to recall, did so and went back to bed for a nice long sleep. Now, you might wonder "what is daft about that?" - quite simple, I couldn't be arsed to go onto IRC and get myself defence for the rather large incoming I had! Bye bye roids!
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 23:24   #23
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
hook wins

for funny 'initiating my first two roids'-stories go find Shiva on irc

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 23:55   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
'nacho manouvre' wins.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 00:54   #25
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
My most 1337 miscalculation was in round 2. I was Wing Commander in Sedition, but since we never had wings i sort of transformed that to BC when the war with Legion started and decided to do a nice fast strike at Summy, the local Legion biggie in my cluster while Fury was still bound by a NAP to us.
So i prepared everything nicely, contacted most of the GCs in the cluster to get in-cluster support, had everyone launch, threw the incluster stuff at him, and watched and hoped.

Then I saw Tis, who i recognised as Fury somehow, launching incluster def to summy. IIRC he pointed out that both he and summy were wearing a C7R tag, but that didn't really mean a lot to me, as i had this NAP with fury.

So I went to Sid and asked him to get Tis to recall, kept the fleets attacking, and actually relied on Sid making Tis pull from Summy for me (or rather for the honour of fury as "contract-partner", as i thought at that time)....

(in case i told the story before, fu, old men have the right to tell stories from their youth again and again)

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:05   #26
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
ofc i do make mistake's like everybody.

This round most things are bed luck, i lost only 3 times ships unnecesary.

3 Times sending fake to a target ;( Forget to recall....
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:13   #27
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
I lost over 6 mil score about 3 weeks ago when the top planet was only around 20mil, took me right out of the race for top anything(I was 11.5mil at the time).
.......and here was me thinking you were uber L337 - guess you'll have to settle with only just scraping the lower reaches of mediocrity in your PA career.

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:16   #28
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh....I'm having trouble thinking of anything in particular, though there was that one incident in r6 where I was supposed to pull a friend's fleet 5 minutes before it landed....then I got distracted and ended up going to bed thinking I had pulled it. Needless to say he was utterly cnutted. pld me being l337 and cheating at the same time
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8

Last edited by Obfuscator; 4 Dec 2002 at 16:50.
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:21   #29
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, i cant remember how many times i send fakes and forget that im supposed to pull em (oh look, he ran some of his fleet away and has no d!) or set my alarm for the wrong time (doing math at 4am, god help me o_O).

a few days ago i news scanned the wrong target, saw he had no d and went back to sleep. actually got about 110 roids outta it for ~2.8 mil score and a nasty hate mail :>
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:28   #30
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
'baggy send attack to 44.44.3' (fake co-ords u get the idea)
'ok, Gc fella, i sending now'

off to bed

i login to find i sent to 23:34:8 or somet completly different

still dunno how
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 03:42   #31
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about
Talking

WOAH!

This is the best thread I've ever read on these here boards!

PLD to all that posted

ROFLMAO

(It all sounds SOOOOOO familiar)

*bye now!*

Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 03:59   #32
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice
Mine was in round 5 where I was quite highly ranked in the universe. Somewhere at the end I attacked a rather big target and send all my attacking ships. Somehow I forgot I was attacking and when I logged in at my planet, I saw that I had a big score drop, and all my attacking ships gone, except for a few battleships. Still managed to end #65th though.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 05:03   #33
Demented Turnip
Lord of the Roots

Demented Turnip is an unknown quantity at this point
I've screwed up with the best of them, but most fall into the above categories (this round too) so no need to go into it.

Someone who posts on these boards occasionally, who shall
remain nameless did a classic once back in R6 though. Seems he was attacking a planet with similar coords as mine and accidentally sent his fleet to attack me. No biggie, as we were in the same channel on IRC I just let him know so he could recall and send a tick late.

An hour goes by and he launches again. And again it was at me. This time he went offline immediately after launch. I wonder if he was trying to tell me something.

Fortunately he recalled before he landed, though I was a bit annoyed at havng to keep some fleet at home.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:50   #34
Neo
Pony

Neo is an unknown quantity at this point
1. The fact that I went trough r1 to some portions of r3 before I realised it's not a good idea to have ships @ home when u will get totally owned. Especially in r2, this could've saved my top150 position *sigh*.

2. Once this round, I managed to get up at 3.55, had a great target for once, looked at my mil-screen, gave the attack bot in IRC the Launched sign and went to bed. Then 6 hours later I woke up, realising my fleet was still home. Clearleh l337

3. Allso this round, I found a small target to OB, launched. News-scanned him at ETA 1, noticed no defense. Great . Luckilly I didn't close the pilkara news parser window, so at eta 5mins, I noticed no hostiles at my target either. Checked my mil screen, and yay, my fleet was on its way to a top50 target . I was like 1/4th of his size, but when newscanning him, he still gathered defense to cover 8 planets like mine
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:07   #35
Draklon

The stupidest thing I did this round was assembling a fleet and launching exactly enough ships for my target to freeze me completely ...
I still don't know how I did it.

Another thing ... at the end of the first round I ever played, I spent my havoc-resources on PDS :-D
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:35   #36
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Use r5 Wrath for my own desires.

Having r5 Wrath planets escort me AND defend my target

Was most amusing, yet some Wrath member didnt recall and got all the roids rather than me thus spoiling this diabolical plan to get my planet into the top 1K

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:54   #37
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
i could tell you all a lot about parra and alarm clocks though and the numerous times he's sent defence instead of attack this round...
ONCE!! And fs, its not surprising when you get up at 4 in the morning trying to send defense/offense at the same time

And yeah I overslept a few times to launch (never for a pull though, I have this automatic waking mechanism that wakes me when I am supposed to hit).

But deffo the stupidest thing I ever did was in R6, launch on this sweeeeeet target and forget to include pods in the fleet
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 16:46   #38
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
=( I did one today

I set my fleet up ready for a cath target, but forgot to add the 1k bombers, so expecting easy free roids my fleet got frozen, leaving me pissed off and the dude I attacked very happy, no doubt.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:00   #39
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
R5 me and a friend attacked a gal m8 for a laugh to scare him but unfortunatly my friend went to sleep and forgot about his attack so we were sitting there at 3am trying to phone him but he just turned his mobile off and we had to watch as 2 gal m8s destroyed each others fleets.

R7 I attacked 2 people incluster and when scanning at eta 4 to see how it looked noticed they had defence. Intended to pull at eta 1 but despite sitting on irc all that time and talking about pulling I somehow totally forgot about it and stayed there for 2 ticks.

R8 I attacked the wrong coords and didnt realise, news scanned him and saw no defence. Thought great more roids only to find all my fleet dead.

Last edited by midge5; 17 Dec 2002 at 13:35.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:36   #40
Coaxmetal
Ensign!

Coaxmetal is on a distinguished road
R3: attacked the wrong coords, instead of a small n00b (yes i was a newbie basher ) I attacked a huge reborn guy. In addition to that I overslept, so i lost my ships in the attack, and roids in the retal.
Coaxmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:24   #41
McIvan

No more than a few hours after reading this thread, I forgot to pull my attack for the first time in two rounds.

I toyed with the idea of pulling with half an hour to go but, being Xan, didn't want to give the defender the extra time to OBURN fi to someone under attack by Zik/Terr/Cat. So I decided to pass the time with a game of *******rrior. And I did.

I vaguely remember looking at the clock a minute or so before the hour at one point and wondering what it was I had to do before the tick. A couple of minutes later comprehension dawned. Too late

Four mill down the drain. But hey, we've probably all done it. I posted it more because I managed to do it less than 2 hours after reading this thread. You gotta be a special kind of stupid to do exactly what dozens of cautionary tales just warned you against

McIvan
BlueTuba
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:49   #42
Shamrock

I did a huge blunder a few days ago.

I was defending two different alliance guys. I used fleet 1 to cover one dude alone, and fleet 3 was covering the other along with 4-5 others. While chatting with some friends, I picked up a rumour about attackers pulling from the target my fleet3 was defending.
Newsed the dude, and saw all attackers had recalled just before ticker. I then looked at the clock and realised i could catch the ticker too, and recalled. Aye...as guessed, I recalled fleet 1 instead !!!
I went on IRC and caught the poor dude I had sent defence to, and explained the mishappening.That he now had an uncovered attacker ETA 2 away. :eek: Needless to say he was not very happy when he now had to flee from his planet and defend in gal. But I launched all my attacking ships at the attacker and he actually pulled his attack *phew*. I think he had already newsed his target and seeing it defended, and was ready to pull @ ETA1....but when himself got under attack, he was allowed to pull his fleet without doing another news-scan to see he had a highway to free roids
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 22:23   #43
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
I haven't made any major blunders... until today, when I entered in the wrong cords and ended up attacking 2 people in a gal that was considerably bigger than mine, who are both bigger than me themselves - one of them more than twice as big as me. To make things worse, the bloke who's more than twice as big as me is even now sending hostiles to my planet in retaliation
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 03:23   #44
Teatime

I was initiating a few e roids, and the order button is right above the "start construction of galactic wossname". One careless click and the result :

-6m res &

Your galaxy has an operational Jumpgate.
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 07:04   #45
Hardrada

Quote:
Originally posted by Teatime
I was initiating a few e roids, and the order button is right above the "start construction of galactic wossname". One careless click and the result :

-6m res &

Your galaxy has an operational Jumpgate.
The WINNER!!!
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 07:23   #46
Radon
Flame Attraction

Radon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
One time during round 6 (I was in Bluebull, at that moment fighting for top 5 position) I had a great target which was uncovered..

Bluebull all the way!!!
Radon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 07:42   #47
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
i spent ages getting a defender to run his fleet (long story, includes fake IRC logs/nicks and alot of time) and i would have capped 120-140 init roids, just before landing i was gonna pull my attack fleet to mazimise capping. So just before tick i quickly recall what i thought was my attack fleet, but no to my shame i pulled the pod fleet.

Unread 28 Nov 2002, 10:13   #48
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
I was asked for some def at about 5 minutes before tick. So I quickly packed a fleet with the most usefull ships for the def which was about 90% of my fleet at the time and launch it only to find out I had send an ETA 9 way to slow fleet. So checking the tick I decide to recall alter my fleet and resend it straight away.
Oooppps, wrong coords ...

Now time is getting very close to tick indeed so I recall again and resend to correct coords this but fail do too lack of E. Oh damn, quickly I almost half my def fleet and resend it with seconds to spare as on the next screen I look at it has ticked already.

Very anoyed at myself but pleased to at least have made the tick I return to the channel to tell my def officer that I had managed to send the defence asked, only to see that the attackers had recalled about 2 minutes before tick and the def channel had already been spamm0red full with "Def can recall from xx:xx:xx messages" for several minutes. Took 3 days before I could resend my entire fleet again.

hAl
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 11:35   #49
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida

ONCE!! And fs, its not surprising when you get up at 4 in the morning trying to send defense/offense at the same time

And yeah I overslept a few times to launch (never for a pull though, I have this automatic waking mechanism that wakes me when I am supposed to hit).

But deffo the stupidest thing I ever did was in R6, launch on this sweeeeeet target and forget to include pods in the fleet
it's fun isn't it, launching without your pods and then FORGET to recall ....
Did it aswell in r6.

Or sending 2 fleets, one with pods other with killerfleet and then 1 tick before battle recall the WRONG fleet, hurts aswell

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 13:36   #50
TheShadow

TheShadow is on a distinguished road
I had my alarm clock on early to check on an attack in R7. I had found a nice target where my FR attack fleet would deal a lot of damage without being stunned by the emp target, hopeing he would run his ship. When I woke to check I happily noticed that he had ran his ships. What I didn't notice was that he sent his ships to gal mates to cover them as he was covered himself. Woke up after two ticks to see my FR fleet almost gone

doh!

Last edited by TheShadow; 28 Nov 2002 at 13:41.
TheShadow is offline   Reply With Quote