User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Jun 2010, 13:41   #51
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of
Re: Round 37 = Boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The word "fixed" implies there was a problem, which I don't think there was. You can now only exile once per 3 ticks, though, if that answers your question.
While I am not condemning the people that did what I described, I do think they used (note that I did not say "abused") the exile system in a way that it was not really intended to be used, so I personally would consider it a problem with the game (albeit one which is very close to the bottom of an incredibly long list).

I also feel that limiting exiles to once every 3 ticks probably addresses the problem as neatly as one could hope for (without removing the ability to exile entirely).

I suspect though that determined players could probably still make "private" galaxies using that technique if they really wanted to.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 13:49   #52
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
While I am not condemning the people that did what I described, I do think they used (note that I did not say "abused") the exile system in a way that it was not really intended to be used, so I personally would consider it a problem with the game (albeit one which is very close to the bottom of an incredibly long list).

I also feel that limiting exiles to once every 3 ticks probably addresses the problem as neatly as one could hope for (without removing the ability to exile entirely).

I suspect though that determined players could probably still make "private" galaxies using that technique if they really wanted to.
If you want to take us back to the discussion about fortress gals, let me first make a summary of your expected post, so i can save you some time from writing an actual post with "valid" arguments:

Fortress gals are an abonimation that gives huge unfair advantages to those who abuse the exile system. It is considered so overpowered, that any alliance succeeding in creating it, will be ensured a swift victory. It has absolutely no disadvantages, and trying to score roids in these gals is considered to be pointless.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 15:43   #53
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
in fairness your never likely to associate customer service and Pa Team
I thought the same thing when i wrote my post, but what i described would be an all time low even for them

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 17:10   #54
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Hanzi: even if galaxies were 100% random, I would imagine that those that end up at the top of the pile are likely to act much like fortress gals do now although I concede it might make things a bit more interesting until the top 5 - 10 gals consolidated their positions somewhat.
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 17:48   #55
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hanzi: even if galaxies were 100% random, I would imagine that those that end up at the top of the pile are likely to act much like fortress gals do now although I concede it might make things a bit more interesting until the top 5 - 10 gals consolidated their positions somewhat.
Are you mistaking fortress gals for fenced gals? This just didnt make any sense.
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 21:45   #56
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Don't think that's a good solution to offer a paying customer.

"You're unlucky and your round is over before it even started, better luck next round and thank you for the money!
Sincerely,
PA-Team"

Not really the customer service people are looking for...
This is complaining that making the game more difficult is bad customer service.

In my opinion, we need to make planetarion a little more difficult to make it more entertaining. I think random would be fine, provided that premium accounts had a feature to autoreport incomings to alliance.

Building a galaxy from randoms used to be a skill that was needed to succeed. It was healthy for the game as it meant the best players were great team players as well as individuals and it helped newer players learn about the game and how to play.

If we added clusters (I propose quadrants of ~250 to start with) to the mix, and gave planets an extra source of defence and made attacking in-cluster meaningful, then we have something to build on.

Quote:

This post made me think of an important history lesson. Exiling wasn't invented for convenience, it was invented so that if you were in a hopeless galaxy, you could get out. So the ability to exile should really be determined by the score bracket of your galaxy rather than any other kind of limit. The question of course is how we would deal with galaxies who wanted to exile renegade planets or inactives. In my opinion the best way to achieve this is to calculate this as a percentage of their daily income.

This would go a long way to making creating "private" galaxies more difficult. In my opinion the "playing with your friends" argument is silly. Why? Because you would still contact them over IRC regardless of where you were playing and they would still probably support you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
If you want to take us back to the discussion about fortress gals, let me first make a summary of your expected post, so i can save you some time from writing an actual post with "valid" arguments:

Fortress gals are an abonimation that gives huge unfair advantages to those who abuse the exile system. It is considered so overpowered, that any alliance succeeding in creating it, will be ensured a swift victory. It has absolutely no disadvantages, and trying to score roids in these gals is considered to be pointless.
There are disadvantages in terms of the fact that if you're overwhelmed, your alliance suffers very badly and you also suffer for the fact that you are a lightning rod for incoming. In a bigger universe, their advantage would probably decrease. But it's clear that in a small universe they are creating way more harm than good and the possibility of them should (for a round at least to see what happens) be removed.
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 22:26   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Here's the problem I have with that logic. Just because a feature is used in a different manner than it was intended to be used is irrelevant. It really, really is. The only thing that's relevant is whether or not the game is improved by these uses. Nothing else matters.

It's a discussion we've had many times before, so I won't really get into it further than, no, I don't think it harms the game.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2010, 22:48   #58
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Here's the problem I have with that logic. Just because a feature is used in a different manner than it was intended to be used is irrelevant. It really, really is. The only thing that's relevant is whether or not the game is improved by these uses. Nothing else matters.

It's a discussion we've had many times before, so I won't really get into it further than, no, I don't think it harms the game.
When one of the consequences (effectively private galaxies) is leading the kind of politics that we have had in the last few rounds, I think it's time to reconsider.

This isn't a backlash against creativity, it's simply the fact that private galaxies are congesting the political game and congesting play in favour of a very small hegemony of players. We need to take action to open up the game more and make people earn their victory a bit more, by adding extra elements and making other ways to win.
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 03:13   #59
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
Here's the problem I have with that logic...
Thinking about it I'm actually pretty happy with that line of reasoning, at least as it pertains to this specific case: but maybe that's because I'm ambivalent about the whole fortress gals thing.
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 12:15   #60
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Thinking about it I'm actually pretty happy with that line of reasoning, at least as it pertains to this specific case: but maybe that's because I'm ambivalent about the whole fortress gals thing.
Well, if you dislike a certain feature, you should be able to find some negative consequences of it. If you can't, you should ask yourself why exactly you dislike it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 27 Jun 2010, 03:55   #61
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

if it ain't easy, it's crap
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2010, 12:03   #62
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Doesn't matter if it's easy or hard but in my opinion it's pretty bad as a overall effect the fact that u'r success is determined by your galaxy. I just can't see it as viable option these days as your success is determined by your galaxy mates already as alliances aren't that strong with current defence/attacks.. hell you could do in old pa better in crappy gals as u have 6 HOUR defences. In current pa.. we have none of the safety nets.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2010, 22:34   #63
Firebird

Maybe we can one day have a rnd with zero naps cos this bores the life out of me
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 08:34   #64
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Maybe we can one day have a rnd with zero naps cos this bores the life out of me
can we start next round now please before we all die of stagnation induced boredom

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 11:18   #65
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Removing a major aspect of the game (i.e. politics) is hardly a way to make it better.

The real problem lies in the mechanics which disincentivize taking risks and war-like gameplay. Amongst these are xp(/score formulae), high salvage, weak defensive stats and the high effort required to dc incomings relative to the ease of setting up an attack.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 12:43   #66
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
Well, if you dislike a certain feature, you should be able to find some negative consequences of it. If you can't, you should ask yourself why exactly you dislike it.
Are you referring to exiling?
I don't have any great dislike for it.
I can see some negative consequences of allowing people to exile, but they are certainly no worse than the consequences of disallowing exile.

Same with private galaxies - really. No strong feelings either way. Can see pros and cons.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 13:00   #67
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Are you referring to exiling?
Er, what? No, I was not referring to any specific feature. it was a general statement that holds across the board.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 13:42   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In fairnesss that'd be horrifyingly shit. Politics is probably the most interesting part of the game left at this stage.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 13:49   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PA without naps, blocks and these mindgames and provocations on the forum ain't really fun to play imo.

It's the politics that made PA fun for me. And that includes napping, blocking, backstabbing, provoking, ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 13:49   #70
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
In fairnesss that'd be horrifyingly shit. Politics is probably the most interesting part of the game left at this stage.
I dont know if you read NDs note from yesterday, but it clearly shows how ND and 3 others alliances are kingmaking Ascendancy to win. So of course you think politics is interesting when its winning you a round. However, if you look at it from Firebirds side of things, he has been playing against multiple alliances for several rounds. It was boring rounds ago, and if it wasnt for salvage, this game wouldnt be worth playing.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 13:56   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I dont know if you read NDs note from yesterday, but it clearly shows how ND and 3 others alliances are kingmaking Ascendancy to win. So of course you think politics is interesting when its winning you a round. However, if you look at it from Firebirds side of things, he has been playing against multiple alliances for several rounds. It was boring rounds ago, and if it wasnt for salvage, this game wouldnt be worth playing.
I have not read any note from ND. I was actually away virtually all of the weekend and came back to find us #1. I don't really give a shit either way to be honest. I certainly don't think politics is interesting only when it benefits me.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 15:41   #72
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

http://pastebin.com/NBFJpFfJ

Here is actually the obvious reason for Newdawns actions:

After seeing Osiris/evo struggling with roiding Apprime without crashing severe amounts of value, they expected the block to hit them instead for easy roids, so they joined the enemy and remained NAPed to asc. If anything is making a round boring, its one alliance being allowed to limit their targets to a laughable minimum.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 20:16   #73
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Removing a major aspect of the game (i.e. politics) is hardly a way to make it better.

The real problem lies in the mechanics which disincentivize taking risks and war-like gameplay. Amongst these are xp(/score formulae), high salvage, weak defensive stats and the high effort required to dc incomings relative to the ease of setting up an attack.
Pretty much this. Not to mention lenght of round is too short.

We don't have time to wage wars against more than one opponent per half of current round as someone else runs away towards victory before your current opponent falls behind in fleet value. So you basically have to allie old enemies to take some wind out of your current ones as you can't afford to fight the old enemies and your own old allies same time if your going for alliance win.

There is just no comebacks in current format, you stay neutral as possible while joining these 1 night standers against your rivals to let someone else get the "revenge" while you slide forward.. or fence yourself so well that you can't be hitted badly enough without major effort.

It's pretty much damn sleezy way to play a game what's supposed to be about warfare as the way to win the game,instead it is to fence and avoid notice until it's too late to take you down. Wish the dev's would actually play the damn game and see how it works on the real alliance lvl.

Even a loosing alliance ends top3 these rounds just because of member counts.. really good plasebo for the wounds of the looser, even if they got farmed to hell. I aprove this deception done via score system and round lenght.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]

Last edited by LordNieminen; 28 Jun 2010 at 20:23.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 21:49   #74
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
http://pastebin.com/NBFJpFfJ

Here is actually the obvious reason for Newdawns actions:

After seeing Osiris/evo struggling with roiding Apprime without crashing severe amounts of value, they expected the block to hit them instead for easy roids, so they joined the enemy and remained NAPed to asc. If anything is making a round boring, its one alliance being allowed to limit their targets to a laughable minimum.
That's a rather strange and fully incorrect interpretation of our actions.

And maybe Firebird and yourself wouldn't dislike politics so much if your HC were in any way shape or form such that anyone could ever consider working with them. As it happens, Apprime is a fcking nuisance as a partner, which is why you'll keep on being left alone with the whole uni against you every round.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 22:04   #75
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
That's a rather strange and fully incorrect interpretation of our actions.

And maybe Firebird and yourself wouldn't dislike politics so much if your HC were in any way shape or form such that anyone could ever consider working with them. As it happens, Apprime is a fcking nuisance as a partner, which is why you'll keep on being left alone with the whole uni against you every round.
You are pretty incorrect. We have worked with other alliances on a long term basis in several rounds and we are not really hard to cooperate with, neither do we break NAPs like ND did. Its so obvious you are making up excuses for breaking the NAP, because you were scared of being next.

PS to LordN: Rounds will never be long enough for your calculated landings.
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 22:30   #76
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

carDi, you need to learn how to behave ffs !!
Unread 28 Jun 2010, 23:56   #77
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You are pretty incorrect. We have worked with other alliances on a long term basis in several rounds and we are not really hard to cooperate with, neither do we break NAPs like ND did. Its so obvious you are making up excuses for breaking the NAP, because you were scared of being next.

it is a bitch to work with cardi, evidence: r34.
Unread 29 Jun 2010, 00:00   #78
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:

It's more about the fact leader wants to protect evo's roids in apprime galaxies by allowing members to def vs he's own block when we can't target them.

There's no way around it, control your members or gtfo when we did no-def vs apprime @ our shared galaxies with evo/osi as we aren't wasting our fleets or getting someone else to hit them same time because your HC has no control of he's alliance what knew from the round start it's going to be block wars. If they actually though otherwise, I'd say time to clean out the newbies or players who don't play for alliance win but their own ranks only when rest of alliance tries to win. This is my personal view, if you play as a block.. you play for block win, not for your own edge over others as it's clear to all your planning to bstab and strenghtening your own galaxies for future.

Hanzi, it was worth of it but yeah short rounds, every small value loss affects end rank that's why I'm not caring about less than days prods worth of ships blowing up. I'm agressive player not some pax bred value hoe who doesn't know what it means to smash ships trough defences pre-pax to gain roids.

I'm not fighting for planet rank1 as it isn't possible due to politics. There's no point playing too seriously in this game if u'r not fighting for top1 spot as planet. The competition isn't that good to make me value any top10 spot as the differences are so small. Perfect example ell... used gal fund to stay small and roid, result now top10. Good tactic, but not something what I would myself do ever as I like fighting top players more than nobodys. Anyways legit and good tactic, one of the many reasons why i dislike current pa's score system.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]

Last edited by LordNieminen; 29 Jun 2010 at 00:10.
Unread 29 Jun 2010, 13:56   #79
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:

What about the high effort of finding the recall button?
Unread 29 Jun 2010, 21:53   #80
Firebird

Theam thats why u work with me we all know to make the lith work u have to talk to the brit. HanZi is correct have a look at this rnd i really dont care if app are #1 or not but what i do care about is the amount of allies holding each others hands rather than standing on there own 2 feet this is not war just stagnation, also to read that crap what nd wrote to there members come on seriously wisen up i thought nd were about training new players etc i compliment you for that but stop crashing for roids if u need to check to see if its worth landing feel free to pm cos it just makes me laugh this includes u lordn.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 07:11   #81
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
Theam thats why u work with me we all know to make the lith work u have to talk to the brit. HanZi is correct have a look at this rnd i really dont care if app are #1 or not but what i do care about is the amount of allies holding each others hands rather than standing on there own 2 feet this is not war just stagnation, also to read that crap what nd wrote to there members come on seriously wisen up i thought nd were about training new players etc i compliment you for that but stop crashing for roids if u need to check to see if its worth landing feel free to pm cos it just makes me laugh this includes u lordn.
I somewhere stated a lot earlier in this round, that there's no way for ND to win because we crash and no-one had solution for it and tbfh I haven't runned any of the ND/OSI/EVO/CT whatever block's attacks it was, you'd have seen the difference but when my HC does something that stupid without asking my opinion before, and then trying to get me actually make it work (without my aproval/consultation, you simply can't get me to do anything what requires that much time and effort especially when the goal isn't to win the round with that strategy), that's the point where I say "I'll sit on the sidelines and facepalm", the whole action was one major facepalm circus since first attack.

Me "crashing" for 200+ roids in this stagnated game.. with the current salvage/stats/single targetting.. I'd do it if it's roids from score counting opposition, no matter how ****ed up war we'r fighting. Anyways we'll see if apprime does any better in crash avoidance, it's end of round syndroma it seems. Thou I admit seeing over 20 fleets from our block to crash in my galaxy alone is pretty harsh especially as the whole attack plan for every time has been one of the most useless pieces of crap what I have ever seen. And it only get's highlighted because it's single targetting. Details do matter in ST round alliance warfare and galaxy attacks.

Anyways and Apprime is useless as an ally, good as nap partner if they don't def ingal. That's about it.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 07:49   #82
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Theam thats why u work with me . We all know that to make the lith work, u have to talk to the brit. HanZi is correct. Have a look at this rnd, i really dont care if app are #1 or not, but what i do care about is the amount of allies holding each others hands, rather than standing on there own 2 feet. this is not war just stagnation, also to read that crap what nd wrote to there members. come on, seriously wisen up. i thought nd were about training new players etc. i compliment you for that, but stop crashing for roids. if u need to check to see if its worth landing feel free to pm cos it just makes me laugh this includes u lordn.
I fixed the post for you, god it was a pain reading that without all the ,,,,,,,...............
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 07:53   #83
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
I somewhere stated a lot earlier in this round, that there's no way for ND to win because we crash and no-one had solution for it and tbfh I haven't runned any of the ND/OSI/EVO/CT whatever block's attacks it was, you'd have seen the difference but when my HC does something that stupid without asking my opinion before, and then trying to get me actually make it work (without my aproval/consultation, you simply can't get me to do anything what requires that much time and effort especially when the goal isn't to win the round with that strategy), that's the point where I say "I'll sit on the sidelines and facepalm", the whole action was one major facepalm circus since first attack.
The only difference between you and McCrystal is that he didnt just talk.

Quote:
Me "crashing" for 200+ roids in this stagnated game.. with the current salvage/stats/single targetting.. I'd do it if it's roids from score counting opposition, no matter how ****ed up war we'r fighting. Anyways we'll see if apprime does any better in crash avoidance, it's end of round syndroma it seems. Thou I admit seeing over 20 fleets from our block to crash in my galaxy alone is pretty harsh especially as the whole attack plan for every time has been one of the most useless pieces of crap what I have ever seen. And it only get's highlighted because it's single targetting. Details do matter in ST round alliance warfare and galaxy attacks.
More talk, little walk.

Quote:
Anyways and Apprime is useless as an ally, good as nap partner if they don't def ingal. That's about it.
Please enlighten us how we are useless as an ally?

Last edited by HaNzI; 30 Jun 2010 at 08:05.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 09:27   #84
Firebird

Thankyou Nestorn.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 10:07   #85
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i like LordN`s calculated landings
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 13:57   #86
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
You are pretty incorrect. We have worked with other alliances on a long term basis in several rounds and we are not really hard to cooperate with, neither do we break NAPs like ND did.
We who are about to die you.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 14:01   #87
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
i like LordN`s calculated landings
i like how it's rubbing off on osiris

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 14:11   #88
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
i like how it's rubbing off on osiris
erm yea, it kinda does that.. but meh it was my personal opinion about LordN.. i sincerely like his calculated landings and yes this comes from heart!
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 15:27   #89
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
erm yea, it kinda does that.. but meh it was my personal opinion about LordN.. i sincerely like his calculated landings and yes this comes from heart!
Yeps, I liked it also, was only reason why I ever got enough big fr fleet to get into top10 in the first place. Dunno why the tards are bitching about them, I gues they got some issues with it as I took the roids from them.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 17:08   #90
Firebird

Lol u can come land on me again for the same cost not enough rnd time to repay
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 17:49   #91
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

One could argue that in ND, you can actually build pure attackfleets like LordN, and make landings that doesnt pay off for 2 weeks, because they NAPed everyone except Apprime who couldnt attack them back.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:07   #92
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
One could argue that in ND, you can actually build pure attackfleets like LordN, and make landings that doesnt pay off for 2 weeks, because they NAPed everyone except Apprime who couldnt attack them back.
To me this reads like a big gamble that would take a lot of work to actually pull off intentionally. Very high risk, but pretty effective if those conditions actually happen.
Unread 30 Jun 2010, 22:19   #93
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
To me this reads like a big gamble that would take a lot of work to actually pull off intentionally. Very high risk, but pretty effective if those conditions actually happen.
work? Every single victory, achievement or short term advancement Newdawn have ever successfully accomplished in the past and present have been because of factors beyond their control.
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 13:47   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
work? Every single victory, achievement or short term advancement Newdawn have ever successfully accomplished in the past and present have been because of factors beyond their control.
Captain Hyperbole to the rescue!
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:02   #95
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

well i have found the round ok, having been away for 20.
only thing, it seems like you can do well without being active/good. politics seem like they have always been tbh.

and, seems like its the same pro trolls here as always.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:09   #96
neroon

u dont need to b active (u still need to b good and know what ure doing i guess) to do well since we do not want to reward any activness nemore this game, cos in that case new players would not join in hordes to planetarion nemore! (hi to: autoreporting, run/hide, prelaunch, etc)
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 14:13   #97
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

tbh i dont agree with people constantly saying the player numbers are low because its "too hard". if the game is interesting and fun enough players will join. there are plenty of tough games out there with huge player numbers cos its interesting to play.

people dont play easy games cos it gets really boring really quickly.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2010, 12:10   #98
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Who's 9:1:22?

Seems Asc let him crash defence \o/
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2010, 16:12   #99
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Smasher.