User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Sep 2006, 23:34   #101
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1up Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I can safely say, 1up will not be returning in January - unless PATeam do something shocking to revitalize the game and make it something that has to be played.
That's pretty much how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suave
*snip*
You're a ****ing amazing scanner suave <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
*snip*
We only seriously started discussing Round 19 five minutes after the round's conclusion. We're going to try and work on our new command team but little else. Unfortunately, not only do alliances need to aim higher (this still comes back to the question: what is the game actually about? alliance tags? planet ranks?..) but the game has got to get better too if groups of people are going to come together and put real effort into it as they have before.
Unread 4 Sep 2006, 23:36   #102
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Omen will most certainly be a challenger for the nr 1 position next round.
Unread 4 Sep 2006, 23:53   #103
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
The idea has been around for the last couple of rounds and for any eXilition to claim otherwise is degrading.
I don't think any eXilition is claiming that (has anyone suggested that?).

Anyone who does need their brains examining. The idea of mazz and Sid deciding within 2 days (I think that was the gap between the 2 announcements?) that they couldn't possibly face exilition 2 rounds in a row is ridiculous.

1up has been around for a huge amount of time. Hopefully this shuffle round of players to different alliances will bring something fresh to the game. Fingers crossed.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 00:01   #104
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

sorry to see this happen to 1up....a group of players who have given to (and recieved from) the game/community will be missed....
i also agree with the previous comments...with such a vacuum at the top i hope to see the other alliances take a step forwards and make an open and entertaining battle in the next round and beyond

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 00:03   #105
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suave
lost my home after r4, then when eclipse disbanded and this is the 3rd time. :crymeariver:

Thx to all after 8 rounds of fun with 1up. doubt IŽll play any further (as if anyone would care )
special cheers to sid & mazz ( <3 ), zhil (play more xbox live ), chika (you annoying twat , killghost ([SQRL]!) ) and everyone ever been 1up

let them make a mac client
Suave you are a Mac user? YOU ****ING OWN.

I love you man.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 00:20   #106
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think Kaifux was IN 1up in round 11 and 12 duder.

he was absolute hc and then joined 1up when absolute collapsed

(sorry if someone else posted this )

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 08:30   #107
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Suave you are a Mac user?

ofc I do and you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
You're a ****ing amazing scanner suave <3
maybe a while ago, now I'm just an inactive old man with too much work to do

<3 you guys
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 14:08   #108
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
IAnyone who does need their brains examining. The idea of mazz and Sid deciding within 2 days (I think that was the gap between the 2 announcements?) that they couldn't possibly face exilition 2 rounds in a row is ridiculous.
Whether eXilition played or not had absolutely no part in the decision to call it a day with 1up. We have been considering this for the last two rounds and the decision was pretty much made at the beginning of this round that it would be the last for 1up; win, lose or draw.

I did speak with Angryduck about it the day before round ended and explained that we would announce it to everyone after the final ceremony so as to not 'steal' any of the deserved eXilition thunder for winning the round. As for the announcement by eXilition about playing Round 19, I had no idea being as I hadn't seen a single word from the end of round ceremony.

FYI: Round 11 1up would have beaten anyone, hands down. Round 12 1up might have but they still weren't as good as the Round 11 team.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 15:34   #109
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Witch team is the best?

Brasil won the world cup 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002
Italy also won in early days like in 1982….but now for the important thing they WON the resent one 2006.

Answer to the question would then be; Italy
Brazil 1970.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 15:43   #110
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Brazil 1970.
No doubt at all.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 15:50   #111
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Sad to see you go. I only played one round in 1up before real life took me away. However it was a really great bunch of guys. GoodLuck with what ever you decide to do.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 16:10   #112
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
FYI: Round 11 1up would have beaten anyone, hands down. Round 12 1up might have but they still weren't as good as the Round 11 team.
You can claim this all you want but the truth is we'll never see that happening, which makes your point totally invalid imo.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 16:38   #113
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDJ
You can claim this all you want but the truth is we'll never see that happening, which makes your point totally invalid imo.
No you dont get it do you.

The 1up round 11 membership was the creme de la creme of planetarion.

eXilition dont have those great players (granted they have some) but it isnt an alliance based on big names, characters, and people who have proved themselves round after round.

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...1:Planet_Ranks

Have a look at that link and see the domination and the players. It says in your sig you didnt play before round 11. Thats cool, but those who played in the earlier pa rounds will realise what kind of players and the skill level 1up was at rnd 11.

Its not a hard choice, in fact I would love lokken to make a poll on who would win rnd 11 1up or rnd 13 eXilition,
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 16:52   #114
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
You're rather missing the point. Whether it will ever happen or not, I'm allowed an opinion. I'm basing it on having played with Round 11 1up and against eXilition. My experience leads me to believe that 1up would win this battle. Is that ok with you?

Quote:
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 16:56   #115
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're rather missing the point. Whether it will ever happen or not, I'm allowed an opinion. I'm basing it on having played with Round 11 1up and against eXilition. My experience leads me to believe that 1up would win this battle. Is that ok with you?
Having played round 11 with 1up and r13/15/18 with eXilition id rather play with the r15 eX team tbh :O
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 17:00   #116
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
No you dont get it do you.

The 1up round 11 membership was the creme de la creme of planetarion.

eXilition dont have those great players (granted they have some) but it isnt an alliance based on big names, characters, and people who have proved themselves round after round.

Have a look at that link and see the domination and the players. It says in your sig you didnt play before round 11. Thats cool, but those who played in the earlier pa rounds will realise what kind of players and the skill level 1up was at rnd 11.

Its not a hard choice, in fact I would love lokken to make a poll on who would win rnd 11 1up or rnd 13 eXilition,
Lets get one thing straight, i'm in no way doubting that r11 1up was strong and had alot of quality players caus they proved that.
Creme de la creme or no creme the la creme however, there is still no way for you to prove acuratly that r11 1up would have beaten eXi. Sure, you can bring up planet ranks from r11 proving 1up had 8/10 top planets & 49 out of 94 players in t100, but that proves absolutly NOTHING.
Also r11 1up didn't have to face a competitor like eXi aswell & they pretty much just ran away with the round vry easily.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 17:04   #117
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

1up truely were a great alliance. not many in the history of PA fall in that category. i really hope you guys decide to regroup and come back to the game.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 17:18   #118
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Having played round 11 with 1up and r13/15/18 with eXilition id rather play with the r15 eX team tbh :O
Whatever ChipZ my lot would have been done with eX any round in about 100 ticks, they were for the most part a bunch of failures who only made it big when most of the good players were done with the game. I'll accept there are a few decent faces there like Kaifux.

Round 11 1up wasn't all that anyway I can think of a good few older alliances who would have been able to go toe to toe with them. What 1up in Round 11 did have was a large number of old skool players who were playing one last time to make sure that friends could be in a good position, from what I've seen since then it was the last really military superpower of Planetarion.

To put it another way 1up fielded in Round 11 some of the best that remained from a player base of 100,000 people the last time anyone did this, any alliance since then has been fielding mostly from a player base of 5,000. Heck I see high ranked eX people posting on these boards who only played PAX and cut their teeth in alliances like ToF, don't make me laugh we'd make mince meat of them.

The more I think about it the more fun and relaxing Round 11 was especially after having to spend time in Eclipse with some of those dribblers and all the drama. What ever happened to that awful Marajade ? She was the worst BC I've ever seen.

Last edited by Hicks; 5 Sep 2006 at 17:28.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 18:27   #119
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whatever ChipZ my lot would have been done with eX any round in about 100 ticks, they were for the most part a bunch of failures who only made it big when most of the good players were done with the game. I'll accept there are a few decent faces there like Kaifux.
Well having been in both i can tell you they wouldnt have .

Quote:
To put it another way 1up fielded in Round 11 some of the best that remained from a player base of 100,000 people the last time anyone did this, any alliance since then has been fielding mostly from a player base of 5,000. Heck I see high ranked eX people posting on these boards who only played PAX and cut their teeth in alliances like ToF, don't make me laugh we'd make mince meat of them.
Your arrogance is outstanding :P.

The fast majority of that "base 100,000" probably wasnt even up to ToF standard.

PaX has been running for about the same length of time as the original PA. Hence people who started in r10 now have the same "experience" of the gameplay as sumone who started in r1 and palyed say r9. Its a differnt style of play so just because sumone can play PA doesnt mean they can play PAX to the same standard and vise versa.

Who are u trying to kid anyway, the "skill" in PA is mainly activity and contacts, it always has been. Ofc there is a fair amount of organisation needed for officers but the bog standard peon just has to pick a target, launch get a scan and send defence.

Quote:
The more I think about it the more fun and relaxing Round 11 was especially after having to spend time in Eclipse with some of those dribblers and all the drama. What ever happened to that awful Marajade ? She was the worst BC I've ever seen.
Round 11 was utter wank. There was no decent competition. I wonder tomyself if all those "l33t" players on thier last farewell round would ahve even stuck the whole round if ther was a serious enemy threat.

Infact 1up had NEVER had a serious military threat against them until eXilition came alone. Most alliances just gal raided at the start hoping to outgrow 1up but no-one was as good at gathering roids. Then by the time 1up attacked everyone was too small to attack them and too shit to form an effective block. eXilitions aim was to attack 1up from the start cause we know, and have known for 3 rounds that it was either us or them that would win the round, all other alliances play to be #2.

Wether eX would beat r11 1up....who knows, or more importantly who gives a shit.

Wether i think eX would beat r11 1up? I dunno but it would be a very good fight, much better than we recieved this round anway.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 18:59   #120
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:

Round 11 1up wasn't all that anyway I can think of a good few older alliances who would have been able to go toe to toe with them. What 1up in Round 11 did have was a large number of old skool players who were playing one last time to make sure that friends could be in a good position, from what I've seen since then it was the last really military superpower of Planetarion.

It's a moot point. There's no way this arguement can be proved one way or the other. It's proper to say, in your *opinion* 1up r11 would have beaten eXilition, had eXilition existed that round. Who knows how politics would have been run, which players would have played in alliances, etc. There's a whole host of factors that make it impossible to decide either way what *would* have happened. It's simply a difference of opinion, since it cant be shown definitivly either way.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 19:06   #121
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Round 11 was utter wank. There was no decent competition. I wonder tomyself if all those "l33t" players on thier last farewell round would ahve even stuck the whole round if ther was a serious enemy threat.
I find this rather funny since LCH 'dominated' the entire round upto the last month where 'we' got beaten by 1up (their political insight played a large role into it)

I do believe 1up has been one (if not the-) of the strongest alliances around since pax though

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 19:08   #122
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

I could pick a handful of players from there that never would've been 1up if in case u had a competition that time around.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Đragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 19:09   #123
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Round 11 in 1up. Wasn't that the round we kicked you for spying for mistu?

As far as competition. It was the only round of PAX where there has been reasonable competition on several front with mistu, angels/fang and LCH in good nick and all competing.

I'll agree that it is a completely unprovable point though and all based on conjecture and bias. However, my opinion still stands.

Quote:
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 19:09   #124
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
I could pick a handful of players from there that never would've been 1up if in case u had a competition that time around.
I did mention the last month didnt I?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 19:28   #125
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Not having played this game for several rounds now and only following its development via forums/sandman's, I always thought of 1up to be the 'good' side and its opponents to be 'evil' side of the game (no offence intended ).

So who's going to be the good guys now?
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 19:35   #126
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium
Not having played this game for several rounds now and only following its development via forums/sandman's, I always thought of 1up to be the 'good' side and its opponents to be 'evil' side of the game (no offence intended ).

So who's going to be the good guys now?
F-crew ftw

Quote:
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 20:07   #127
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:

As far as competition. It was the only round of PAX where there has been reasonable competition on several front with mistu, angels/fang and LCH in good nick and all competing.

I'll agree that it is a completely unprovable point though and all based on conjecture and bias. However, my opinion still stands.
From what I vaguely recall (this was three years ago) ChipZ^ used to be in my channel towards the end of the round. My channel wasn't a battle group, although quite a few nights we put up targets for friends so we could get cherry pick on them. I don't remember quite what happened but our targets kept leaking and suspicion fell on ChipZ^ I didn't think anything was done about it but maybe he was kicked at a later time. I always got on really well with ChipZ^ and in hindsight I was quite blind with any accusations of him leaking information so did my best to ignore it other than having a word with Tomkat.

To address your other points I've always said that planet managing and Planetarion in general is a pretty skillless game and that all you really needed to do well was activity and luck, the need for both has been decreased in PAX. The only area where skills of some sort (data management and politics) did matter was alliance organisation, I’m not sure where alliances are now but even in Round 11 alliances were becoming far less organised than they were in era of big alliance wars, maybe they've all got their act together I think my point is valid that with 100,000 players or even 10,000 players you end up with a bigger base of "skilled" players than with 5,000. I'm sure with the 5,000 the ratio of "skilled" players is higher but judging from the form and competition of this round there aren't that many left and a lot of the big alliances are full of chaff, including eX and 1up but especially the alliances further down the ranks.

I also thought that I wouldn't need to underline what I was posting was my opinion Nitina, I thought that would be fairly obvious It's theorytarion, do I think that Planetarion is worse than when I played ? Of course. In my opinion would my old alliance beat one from when I didn't play ? Of course. Do I have anything to back any of this up ? Of course not.

Last edited by Hicks; 5 Sep 2006 at 20:18.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 20:21   #128
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
From what I vaguely recall (this was three years ago) ChipZ^ used to be in my channel towards the end of the round. My channel wasn't a battle group, although quite a few nights we put up targets for friends so we could get cherry pick on them. I don't remember quite what happened but our targets kept leaking and suspicion fell on ChipZ^ I didn't think anything was done about it but maybe he was kicked at a later time. I always got on really well with ChipZ^ and in hindsight I was quite blind with any accusations of him leaking information so did my best to ignore it other than having a word with Tomkat.
Chipz^ was kicked as I got the information from another source about the spying. I don't remember how far it was into the round. About haflway would be my best guess.

Quote:
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 20:55   #129
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
I was never kicked from 1up for "spying". I just didnt get my application renewed in r12. (Tho in r13 i was offered a place and added to all channels etc but i went on hols, came back and joined eX instead)
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 22:09   #130
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Thats real talk right there man. I do see a lot of tof and sin tagged people ranking up high in exil. If that proves anything, it proves how much the level of play has dwindiled. There are people around that could probably mop the floor with any of them, but don't, cause they simply don't have that drive or the care anymore.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 22:38   #131
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
If you (and Exi) had played I would of been 1st and not 23rd!!

P.S. <3 liz

P.P.S. I think some of you are overestimating 1ups performance in r11. While 1up were on the whole very good the shockingly shit effort from everyone else made them look like superstars.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 22:44   #132
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

M&S were a pretty pro battlegroup actually - I was glad I got a chance to play with them when they came back for that round (or was it two?). Although Hicks accusing me of spying made me cry a little bit

In all honesty I couldn't say who'd win the round out of 1up and eXilition. 1up didn't have much competition so I don't think we saw them operating at 100% in round 11 (perhaps in round 12 they were when we were only 66 members to the other alliances of 100). So there's no way of saying one way or the other.

I'm confident that the #1 planet would be one of M&S though. I'd put money on that.

And PS I don't think Marajade was really a girl. I was always a bit suspicious of her - she was completely mental too.
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 22:52   #133
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I was never kicked from 1up for "spying". I just didnt get my application renewed in r12. (Tho in r13 i was offered a place and added to all channels etc but i went on hols, came back and joined eX instead)
Ah, so it was the end of the round when I found out and removed you (people didn't have to reapply for rnd 12; ergo you were kicked). Sadly I removed all posts fom the HC forum so couldn't be completely positive when it was.

As for your access in rnd 13. It was removed when I found out you'd applied. You also know why it was removed because I remember you questioning the accusation of spying.

All history now though, so it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 22:54   #134
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
If you (and Exi) had played I would of been 1st and not 23rd!!

P.S. <3 liz

P.P.S. I think some of you are overestimating 1ups performance in r11. While 1up were on the whole very good the shockingly shit effort from everyone else made them look like superstars.
P.P.P.S. Likewise. I think 1up's reputation was carried on from their peak rounds and when eX beat a clearly weakened 1up, it was made alot more epic due to said reputation. Although having said this I'm definately not saying eX weren't a fantastic alliance.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 03:47   #135
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

goodbye

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 04:13   #136
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I think Kaifux was IN 1up in round 11 and 12 duder.

(i could be wrong)

Besides this argument is ridiculous. The only people who really could make a comparison between 1up r11/12 and Exilition now are people who were in 1up in those rounds and Exiltion now. Which I think is myself, Jackie and one or two others. I know that I'm not sure who I think would win*. It's a pointless argument and to derail ANOTHER thread into it (especially this one) really isn't necessary.

*I mean it'd be whichever alliance had me in, am i rite?!?
kaifux was mistu i believe, r11, and founded absolute alongside cartman and a couple of others for r12 - that failed miserably, he then joined 1up as a MO for the remainder of r12. jackie wasn't 1up till r14 (maybe 13) earliest also.

comparing the best of 1up and exil now is silly as this wasn't the best round of exil, r13 would be that, i do believe. (i was tempted to say r15, but by then bwtmc had got his dirty hands into them..)

by the way in all seriousness, the best planetarion alliance of all time in every manner that matters is ascendancy.

(note, the context of our birth is important in understanding why this is completely and utterly true.)

one more thing, people who barely played r11, even when with 1up, should really stop trying to use their membership as a basis for an argument when they were pretty damn inactive.

Last edited by jerome; 6 Sep 2006 at 04:22.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 04:15   #137
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
kaifux was mistu i believe, r11, and founded absolute alongside cartman and a couple of others for r12 - that failed miserably, he then joined 1up as a MO for the remainder of r12. jackie wasn't 1up till r14 (maybe 13) earliest also.

comparing the best of 1up and exil now is silly as this wasn't the best round of exil, r13 would be that, i do believe. (i was tempted to say r15, but by then bwtmc had got his dirty hands into them..)
jerome shutup and answer my pm muther****er!2
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 04:23   #138
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'll answer when i have an answer for you

patience!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 06:46   #139
Bronto
Sleepless n00b

Bronto is on a distinguished road

Sad to see such a good alliance leave.. But 8 rnds in a row do something to the command.. 1 round hc/dc/bc'ing for InS wore me out, so a big for you guys leading 1up for these rounds

Hope you guys return some day..

HF with other stuff..

Cheers Mazz and Sid.

Ruining Varok's short moments of fame since r16
Bronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 17:10   #140
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
one more thing, people who barely played r11, even when with 1up, should really stop trying to use their membership as a basis for an argument when they were pretty damn inactive.
If you're referring to me, I was pretty active in round 11. I spent nearly all my time MOing though and didn't bother with my own planet much. It was during round 12 that I started to slow down and had to salvage something from university before it ended.
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 17:52   #141
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Well, I guess I can agree with that. Alliances should have a new thirst now that the previous crown holder is gone, and the other will be a bit lack luster. Maybe Newdawn and angels will emerge again. Maybe ToF will finally mature into a full fledge #1 contender.
I suppose these questions are enough to spark up interest in RD 19.
Or R19 will be as boring as/more boring than R18
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 22:48   #142
Summerflame

Summerflame is an unknown quantity at this point

Dammn, just when I had decided to come back for R19 and had hoped for a Welcome back in the Fold. :crymeariver:

Anyway, thanx then for all you have done and get a good Rest Mazz and Sid (and all others who retire from 1up, too).
R3: 100:18 Cymberal of Celtar
R4: somewhere in P24
R5: no Idea
R6: 22:20 [Wrath]
R7: 27:1:9 [Fury]
R8: 42:2:5 [Fury]
R9: 26:4:10 [Eclipse]
R9:5: no Idea [Eclipse]
R10: 4:5:5 [Eclipse]
R11: 31:5:9 [1up]
[1up]
Summerflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 23:20   #143
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i think that fury rd 5 would have beaten legion rd 4

pointless post but then so are any of the above trying to compare previous rd alliances and who is better
trying to argue who is better is pointless so enjoy havoc get drunk and get ready for rd 19 if your playing

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2006, 21:53   #144
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

After a long time of absence I decided to check back on 1up again, just to see this post. Good luck guys with whatever you do in the future. It has been a great honor being part of 1up and actually coming up with the name

1up ftw!

Btw, I am passing my days on WoW now. I really should stop playing addictive games. First Planetarion, and now WoW.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 12:22   #145
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ah, so it was the end of the round when I found out and removed you (people didn't have to reapply for rnd 12; ergo you were kicked). Sadly I removed all posts fom the HC forum so couldn't be completely positive when it was.

As for your access in rnd 13. It was removed when I found out you'd applied. You also know why it was removed because I remember you questioning the accusation of spying.

All history now though, so it doesn't really matter.
i dont remember the round but i do remember Sid talking to RealJames and RealJames admitting to Sid that Chipz^ hadnt been spying for Mistu specifically so he could re-join 1up. which he did and i know that as he was in my BP at the time.

i dont remember the exact chain of events but i do know Chipz ended up in WP for a time before going on holiday and then joining eXil on his return.

*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost
Btw, I am passing my days on WoW now. I really should stop playing addictive games. First Planetarion, and now WoW.
WoW is ace!

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 12:57   #146
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Even tho I hate to see you go, did this thread have to be spoiled with all the "They dont make those great PA players like they used to" crap?

Trust me the people back in pre pax were human being just like the new load that joined after Pax. You cannot compare it and saying stuff like we would steamroll everyone else might be nice for your own ego but isnt really usefull for anything except looking stupid/arrogant in my eyes.

If you know youre that incredible then get 10 of those "imba l33t never to be matched people" together and steamroll the universe -_-
untill that happens please stop talking like my 87 year old grandpa who thinks everything was better back in the days aswell.

Last edited by MiX; 14 Sep 2006 at 23:30.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2006, 13:30   #147
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost
After a long time of absence I decided to check back on 1up again, just to see this post.
Oi, get back. I wanna be in your galaxy again :-D
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 01:43   #148
[BALD]kafka
Ph335 the Shin3!

[BALD]kafka is an unknown quantity at this point

First I lost Fury, now I loose 1up. /me sighs. It was great playing with all of you. I hope we will all stay in touch. I wont play that silly game Eve though, unless they port it to linux.

The old bald seXeh one bids you all farewell....
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 05:22   #149
[BALD]kafka
Ph335 the Shin3!

[BALD]kafka is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh! and all this rnd 11 talk, bah I finished only 88 :-/
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 14:44   #150
LynchMob
Old Fart

LynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these parts

Well, I really hate to see some great players leave this game Like Sid and Mazz and others. Good luck in whatever ya do.

#FAnG

#Mercenaries
LynchMob is offline   Reply With Quote