User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 May 2003, 20:44   #101
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The saddest issue about all this is that your galaxy is where it is now thanks to political friends, back stabbing and priority on raids.... i dare say the majority of you suck at pa... anyways thats what pa has been for many rounds now.

Enjoy your ego boost, i'd say i was glad you didn't win the round, but a galaxy very similiar to your own won it.... in all i'm just more ashamed of pa.

-Necro

P.S. say wtf u want... you'll do better to get a reply out of a dead llama.
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:41   #102
Pring
Sexy Man

Pring is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
The saddest issue about all this is that your galaxy is where it is now thanks to political friends, back stabbing and priority on raids.... i dare say the majority of you suck at pa... anyways thats what pa has been for many rounds now.
To a certain degree of course that's true, well the parts about the 'political' friends. But that's because we've worked hard over our career to make these contacts and to achieve positions of trust and responsibility in our alliances. We've put in the effort and reaped the returns. It's not like we just get these things for free, it required our time and effort over the least two years. We have four Eclipse officers in our galaxy and each one has put in an astronomical amount of time to prove their abilites and get the respect needed to attain these positions.

As for the backstabbing, I maintain we've never 'backstabbed' anyone properly. We never knowingly roided allies, the nearest we did to that was roiding Neutrals in Eclipse or ToT galaxies. Most galaxies did that this round.. if we didn't hit hostlie or neutral planets in Eclipse/ToT galaxies this round there simply wouldn't have been any attacks for the last month, at all.

As for the majority of us sucking at PA.. well that's just a stupid comment, you have no backing for that whatsoever. You're just trying to provoke a reaction. But I'll let our records, and previous ranks, as players speak for themselves, thankyou.

Quote:

Enjoy your ego boost, i'd say i was glad you didn't win the round, but a galaxy very similiar to your own won it.... in all i'm just more ashamed of pa.

Heh, ego boost. I'm hardly going around telling my friends "OMG I CAME SECOND IN AN ONLINE TEXT BASED GAME". Of course it's nice to come second, but I'm not gonna write home about it. We don't do this for our egos, we do it for 'fun'.

Quote:

Good, good. You bore me anyway.

Pring

Retired. (Thank ****)

M&S Forever!

Last edited by Pring; 19 May 2003 at 21:47.
Pring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:45   #103
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice
Well done Mercury & Solace.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:14   #104
Dreadnought!

Quote:
i dare say the majority of you suck at pa
You know thats not true
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:48   #105
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point

innit
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 23:57   #106
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
comical

ever thought of going into politics? you'd do well honestly they like people who talk out of there arses as fluently as you do.
Unread 20 May 2003, 00:03   #107
raffe
pw04r!

raffe has a little shameless behaviour in the past
pld M&S, pld Hicks.
raffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 00:38   #108
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

-Necro

Yea we were thinking of farming thousands of asteroids instead then getting caught cheating then trying to fence sit then getting bashed for our trouble in R9 as it's the skillful thing to do, then we decided against it as we couldn't find any bot masters to join our galaxy.

Planetarion isn't about skill, anyone who deludes themselves of this is just pandering their own ego, how can a scripted one dimensional game like Planetarion ever be about skill or tactics ? There's a set number of things you can do in game and we (Not you) established them years ago. Any clown can play a Top planet round if they have enough time on their hands (Even Dreadnought), what pushes galaxies and players towards good ranks is the "political" connections (The sham of "politics" in Planetarion is quite amusing) and in the ability to play people, that's the only thing that requires an IQ over 100 in this game. It was quite amusing watching you die yet again, that makes this what ? 9th round you've failed to achieve anything like a decent rank, how come your "mad skillzzz" didn't protect you ? Probably because they're just as average as anyone elses you just lack the only thing that makes players excel at Planetarion the only thing that takes an inclin of ability.

Maybe once the game was about "skill" and fleet composistion and hitting at the right times in and in the right numbers but only because 95% of the universe didn't posses those "skills" where as how 95% does, oddly enough back in those days most of my galaxy were in Fury racking up decent ranked rounds, where the hell were you when skill meant anything ? C1049342 ?

If you want to go post bad trolls at least do it to people who don't have all the time in the world to reply and laugh at you.

Last edited by Hicks; 20 May 2003 at 01:16.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 00:54   #109
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
/me hands hicks a dead llama....hmmm...thought u were gonna quit...why u still here?
Unread 20 May 2003, 01:17   #110
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm downloading the CM4 patches and bored, no one is replying to me on MSN I'll keep checking back to this thread I guess just to reply to the trolls so they can feel a sense of acomplishment.

Thanks for the overview earlier QS Can't believe you all recalled though.

Last edited by Hicks; 20 May 2003 at 01:27.
Unread 20 May 2003, 05:20   #111
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Loads of ****.
Why is it that you never play the random rounds then??

Afterall that is where you need your politics 'skillz' is most needed.

Ur just afraid ull get smashed.
Unread 20 May 2003, 10:55   #112
Fleet_Multiplex
Hell

Fleet_Multiplex is an unknown quantity at this point
we've never got along Hicks, ever, but it would be a shame to see you go. Unlucky about how this round ended and how the round progressed (which was a total joke). Glad the attacks (and recalls) from ur gal on my gal can end now heh! Good luck.
http://www.seraphimhq.net/Uploads/VipsLogo1.jpg
ViruS Round 3-9, Executive Round 5-9

I shall not go quitely into the night without a fight, for I am an angel of war, bringer of a thousand deaths. Chain me. Beat me. Seduce me. It will gain you nothing but a smile of death. Dare to mock me, and you will burn in my blood.
Fleet_Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:10   #113
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx

now that is so true..
you can ask that question to all 'l33t' players in privategal rounds who dont play in random rounds

edit:
the most will probably say 'i cant play with my friends in one gal' but what is so special about that, you still see them in your alliance or your community where they can still give you good advice or whaterver, the only place where u dont see them is in your galchannel

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:17   #114
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Just on a side-note was round eight really all that random? Round 3 you had the option of staying in the same gal with your gal mates, 2 there was huge amounts of account trading beforehand, are we to believe in a game where the element of victory at all costs has gained greater prominence over time that nobody tried to exploit the system? If so fair dues to all involved, however I'd be just a touch suspicious.

PS maybe it was simply an ability thing. Difficult to account swap such a small universe etc without being noticed.
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:57   #115
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:

-Necro

It must be ashame for you to be both **** at PA and be such a wanker that you can't get enough political friends to get anywhere near the top. (excluding when Killmark's 5000 planets haven't been deleted)
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 12:48   #116
Xeracy
.:condenación:.

Xeracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
It must be ashame for you to be both **** at PA and be such a wanker that you can't get enough political friends to get anywhere near the top. (excluding when Killmark's 5000 planets haven't been deleted)
^^ lol

/me nods :P
::[MISTU]::
Xeracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 13:15   #117
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

-Necro
The grudge & bitterness fits you very well.

-MelAn-

Who cares bout the words of a guy who represents the #1 cheat0r gal on these boards anyway. I even forgot your coords, you won't be remembered
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 18:12   #118
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx

I did play a random round, I played Round 2, I finnished around 150th in a round where skill was worth something, where were you ?

I didn't play Round 8 due to real life emergency (My sister got ill) sorry about having one of those, we can't all be super cool and sit at a keyboard 23 hours a day so we can be proud of our Top 150 planet while hiding behind Titans.

Last edited by Hicks; 20 May 2003 at 18:33.
Unread 20 May 2003, 22:30   #119
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Torz said it so well, nothing left to add really

(congrats to M&S for a good round)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 07:22   #120
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
And as a Brit (I assume you are one) you really should know how to stop a Nazi invasion
Laputa

have i told u stupid litte **** with the intelligence of a banana to **** OFF? oh have i mentioned that i don't like the mostly german = full of nazi scum mentality?

so please go back to the hohle u normaly wait in to say somthing and die.

to say it with Hicks words to his best times.

=============================================

i can't see mutch going wrong with tot when it's true what QS sayed about the behavour of that guy.
and crying arround don't change anything it just gives m&s a some kind of ugly light in their own quit tread. also i don't understand eclipse hc or officers crying arround since your alliance was the best example for double standards.

anyway

Hicks m8 enjoy your retirement (follow me )

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK

Last edited by BetrayerOfHope; 21 May 2003 at 10:50.
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote