User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:31   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Planetarion Discussion on steal ships

We really Ko'ed the idea when it first came up not all of us but most of us(I put my hands up I thought it was a bad idea to) and I really would like to know what you all actually think about them now?
Have you changed your mind and think its worked brilliantly ?
Or you sticking to your guns and still think its one of the worst ideas you have seen in a while.

Me personally have changed my mind and think that Wyvern (Am a terran so will only use what I know) are actually great and have got me a nice small (to many ppl run to get a nice large one) fleet of destroyers (I have only bought 200+ and have over 800 not a lot but still).

Good gamble appoco from my point of view.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:36   #2
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
Re: Planetarion Discussion on steal ships

the xan steel ship is terrible tbh, why on gods green earth would i want to steel more xan fi, after all its all you ever get. also, too many races have access to stolen sentinels, it is making being a fighter xan lamoast impossible this round. cath and zik seam to be farming themmaking them very difficult to hit, and terrans are just hard work anyway for us. Not a great round for fi xans imo, however thats all i can really comment on as thats what im playing.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:37   #3
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
the xan steel ship is terrible tbh, why on gods green earth would i want to steel more xan fi, after all its all you ever get. also, too many races have access to stolen sentinels, it is making being a fighter xan lamoast impossible this round. cath and zik seam to be farming themmaking them very difficult to hit, and terrans are just hard work anyway for us. Not a great round for fi xans imo, however thats all i can really comment on as thats what im playing.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:38   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If the sent was made Fi?
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:42   #5
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

i kinda enjoy stealing, as it always a nice surprise when landing an attack and ur target failed to send out his fleet. The way it currently is seems fair with all races being able to steal atleast some class. It adds very interesting options to fleet compositions (and thus targets) and makes it more interesting to land on defence (more battles ahoy!).

The main problem i have with it is the fact stealing is for free, once you battled through the defence (whether that is needed or not) you can take over entire fleets with this option, and that is a bad thing. It encourages bottom-feeding (mainly for Ziks) where they hit (inactive) targets around their bash limit to steal their entire fleet. The inactive person logs in again, and his roids and fleet are gone, and there are no resources left to build up again. This can lead to new ppl giving up after they lost their fleet for the x-th time. I am very much in favour of having steal ships die after stealing (keep in mind that this most likely means the initiative of stealers has to change) as that way the target planet isn't left with nothing and it makes bashing noobs less interesting as you lose attack ships either way. I realise it adds an extra bonus to using stealing in defence, but thats not really a problem imho.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:42   #6
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
If the sent was made Fi?
interesting, however i agree it would make xan overpowered, maybe if the sent was less effective against fi (counterintuitive for a xan to ask for his ships to be weakened i know but think about it), or if the co steel ships were less effective, or even if one less race could steal co. 3-5k sent stops a large fi raid dead in its tracks and atm 3-5k sents are WAY too easy to come by.

Last edited by barney; 25 Aug 2005 at 22:57. Reason: cos the first post was talking crap thanx desse :)
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:33   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
Like omg what if there was a ship called the spider...
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:37   #8
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
If the sent was made Fi?
What if every xan ship was fi
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:48   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I like the idea, but then I did support it right through the stats development stages. I think the reason we put it in was down to an extra bit of fun, a novelty really for everyone playing (it was the reason I supported it).

I don't think it's a bad idea, I think any issues are balance issues, so I can't say I've changed my mind.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 20:10   #10
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I think it helps remove the zik dominance. Still, I'm one of those weirdoes who would like to see Subversion back, but I guess the stealing this round is better than last
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 21:00   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
If the sent was made Fi?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 21:29   #12
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If the sent was made Fi?
Well this would definately make xans stronger again. The only problem is that I think it will make xans overpowered. Caths would become hopelessly vulnerable to fi and defence vs fi fleets would instantly become far harder, due to the fact that a lot of xans would send theirs sents along with their attack fleets. If sents were changed to fi I think a fair few other changes would also need to be made (although atm I can't see a way of changing things to balance it)
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:59   #13
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Like omg what if there was a ship called the spider...
try stealing them NOT by attacking your bash limit hunting for inactive caths ( a tactic i thouroughly disagree with, which is encouraced by steeling. Apparently PAT is trying to dissuade ppl from attacking their bash limit.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:38   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

If you are gonna gain something with the crap tzens you need to bash, simple as that. Very sad but that simple..
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 01:53   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If the sent was made Fi?
I reckon This Post from This Thread explains how i feel.

Edit: OMG that was my 1337th post! I wasted my leetest post on pointing this out to you mate! you had better bloody take it seriously!!

Kinda like my 1000th post was a reply to Furball's whinging: "No".

I wanted to make something prophetic out of both of those posts, alas...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 02:01   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Well this would definately make xans stronger again. The only problem is that I think it will make xans overpowered. Caths would become hopelessly vulnerable to fi
Indeed, Cathaars are prolly in the best position to defend themselves from FI fleets. The beetles is exceedingly efficient, and thus are able to stun enemy Sents (remember Xan FI no longer target CO so Beetles are 0 loss defence), then defending Sents and/or Harpies are then able to fire without taking much damage in return. This makes defending Cathaars against FI fleets reletively easy. And if all the Caths are building alot of beetles...

Quote:
and defence vs fi fleets would instantly become far harder, due to the fact that a lot of xans would send theirs sents along with their attack fleets.
Yeah. That's the entire point. Atm there are too many Xans who are building Sents to cover other Xan attacks - removing (or rather, significantly reducing) the availablity of Sents for defence will make FI fleet viable again.

Quote:
If sents were changed to fi I think a fair few other changes would also need to be made (although atm I can't see a way of changing things to balance it)
It will need to be checked, perhaps a slight tweak downward of the Sent's firepower (perhaps! ) but nothing major i dont imagine.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 02:14   #17
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I think it helps remove the zik dominance. Still, I'm one of those weirdoes who would like to see Subversion back, but I guess the stealing this round is better than last
I agree with you on the subversion thing, only problem was ppl sending def along with attacks to deliberatly subvert them & destroy defenders.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote