User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 20:00   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
The beginning of the end?

I have been paying close attention to the rankings in Sandmans over the last few days and have noticed a worrying trend appearing. The top seem to be racing ahead at the expense of those lower down.

For example the alliances. LCH and Insomnia decided to gang up on 1up and for a while there it looked like LCH might inch into the lead. This "war" has pretty much fizzled out by now though and 1up have themselves a healthy margin once again.

As for galaxies, the top don't seem to be getting any challenges. I know that 8:3 got raped today, losing over 30% of their roids. The other galaxies seem to be coping just fine though. Take a look at 6:10, their roid lead is astronomical.
I myself am in a top 10 galaxy and half of us have forgotten what hostile fleets look like. We sit and we wait for incoming that never shows up.

We sit.

We wait.

Nothing.

I'm not saying that I want incoming but some on the other top galaxies would be nice.

I know that there's still everything to play for regarding the winning planet but the only people that care about that are the handful of people that might actually win the round.

So do you think stagnation has set in already? Have the winners been decided and we're all going through the motions until the round ends? I'd like to think that something drastic will happen to upset the balance but I sincerely doubt it.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 20:17   #2
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: The beginning of the end?

I suppose you are right, compared to other rounds this one has been relatively quiet. Still, I wouldnt complain too much about a lack of incoming if I were you
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 20:24   #3
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Mid round reset like one of the Speedgames, reset on Saturday night for Sundays game play
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 21:06   #4
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Neferti, and one talkning of a quieter round than usual is insane considering the amount of roids changing hands.

Chuby you give co-ords of other top gals, but not yours. If you are so bored waiting, stop fencesitting and tell us your co-ords, and it can be sorted just for your pleasure.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 21:10   #5
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

'Beginning of the end'

I thought you meant of PA in general, and i was going to agree with you.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 22:00   #6
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Loads of roids change hand every round.

There's no big wars going on though. Even this alleged 1up v LCH thing isnt exactly huge by past standards.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 00:08   #7
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I have been paying close attention to the rankings in Sandmans over the last few days and have noticed a worrying trend appearing. The top seem to be racing ahead at the expense of those lower down.

For example the alliances. LCH and Insomnia decided to gang up on 1up and for a while there it looked like LCH might inch into the lead. This "war" has pretty much fizzled out by now though and 1up have themselves a healthy margin once again.

As for galaxies, the top don't seem to be getting any challenges. I know that 8:3 got raped today, losing over 30% of their roids. The other galaxies seem to be coping just fine though. Take a look at 6:10, their roid lead is astronomical.
I myself am in a top 10 galaxy and half of us have forgotten what hostile fleets look like. We sit and we wait for incoming that never shows up.

We sit.

We wait.

Nothing.

I'm not saying that I want incoming but some on the other top galaxies would be nice.

I know that there's still everything to play for regarding the winning planet but the only people that care about that are the handful of people that might actually win the round.

So do you think stagnation has set in already? Have the winners been decided and we're all going through the motions until the round ends? I'd like to think that something drastic will happen to upset the balance but I sincerely doubt it.
Not at all. You're totally inconsiderate of the details surrounding your own galaxy and due to forum rules I cannot be specific on that. This almost seems like a begging thread for people to get more active in attacking the 'enemy' (which to you is 1up) as you're obviously disappointed with the result so far.

I know a war is happening from my side of things at least

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 00:10   #8
Neferti
part time ghost

A war may be happening, but it doesnt seem very exciting.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 00:45   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Neferti, and one talkning of a quieter round than usual is insane considering the amount of roids changing hands.

Chuby you give co-ords of other top gals, but not yours. If you are so bored waiting, stop fencesitting and tell us your co-ords, and it can be sorted just for your pleasure.
I know that 1up got a lot of incoming last round and by the looks of it you're still hurting. Same goes to my man Zhil. I have absolutely no right to but I wholeheartedly apologise on behalf of those that did roid you as incessantly as they did. If I had had control of the matter then a lot of the energy put into bashing 1up would have gone to bashing Angels and Exil instead. As things stood we let them walk away with their ranking too easily. The enemy is not 1up, the enemy is not LCH, the enemy is not Insomnia, the enemy is whoever happens to be no. 1 at this moment in time. If you happen to be in the no. 1 alliance then the enemy is the rest of the Universe.

And as a side note it's nice to see 1up members coming in here and spouting bollocks about that quaint little alliance of theirs in a thread that doesn't really have anything to do with 1up just to let everybody know that 1up is an alliance in a game known as Planetarion and just in case you didn't know already 1up happens to be the most important thing in the whole friggin world.

And as another side note it would be nice to see 1up members shutting the **** up about this above mentioned alliance and move on somewhere else to stoke up the flames of the runaway freight train know as 1up: The Egotistical Monster That Cannot Be Satiated No Matter How Many Times You Mention It In Any Given Thread.

If 1up members wish to discuss the matter at hand then I'd be more than welcome to hear their opinions on the subject, after all their opinion is as valid as anybody elses.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 01:13   #10
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Number of times I mentioned 1up = 0
Number of times YOU mentioned 1up = 10

Congrats.

Still the point remains you ahve posted co-ords and told people to attack, when huge amounts of roids are changing hands every tick.

Stale? How can you claim that when 4 alliances are in a position to win at this current time.

Here is 2p, go buy yourself a clue.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 01:35   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Number of times I mentioned 1up = 0
Number of times YOU mentioned 1up = 10

Congrats.

Still the point remains you ahve posted co-ords and told people to attack, when huge amounts of roids are changing hands every tick.

Stale? How can you claim that when 4 alliances are in a position to win at this current time.

Here is 2p, go buy yourself a clue.
My post was basically aimed at Zhil but seeing as you posted first and you're an evil baby eater () I thought I'd run with it.

Implying that it's wrong that I posted coordinates seems odd to me. Doesn't take a genius to go to the rankings and see that 6:10 has far more roids than anybody else. I could have said something like "The no. 1 galaxy currently has far more roids than any other galaxy" which would basically have had the same effect. As for mentioning that 8:3 lost a lot of roids I could again have referred to them as the top 10 galaxy that lost over 30% of their roids. Again though this would have had pretty much the same effect since you could just run to Sandmans and see who I was referring to. Besides, this was aimed at being more of a disincentive to attack 8:3 rather than an incentive.

Well, you could claim that there are currently 4 alliances vying for the top, in theory a number of alliances could win. The top 3 have nice average scores and roid count and ND are steadily growing their member count. However if you look at how the no. 1 alliance has been growing lately they appear to be growing better than any of the other contenders. My point is that if things continue as they have been the no. 1 has already been decided. There is also nothing on the political horizon to suggest that 1up will be getting the heat turned up on them any time soon. Maybe they already have heat, point is they're handling it well and could receive more if certain people so wished.

As for the large number of roids changing hands, it's all comparative. Last round the rate of exchange was higher.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 01:54   #12
Forest

2 days ago, LCH had more roids than 1up. Its changing every hour of every day, and is certainly a challenging and fun round for the top 4.

Again I challenge you, you complain of no incomings, why not spread YOUR co-ords about.

Apart from anything, co-ords are banned from the forums last I looked.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:04   #13
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I know that 1up got a lot of incoming last round and by the looks of it you're still hurting. Same goes to my man Zhil. I have absolutely no right to but I wholeheartedly apologise on behalf of those that did roid you as incessantly as they did. If I had had control of the matter then a lot of the energy put into bashing 1up would have gone to bashing Angels and Exil instead. As things stood we let them walk away with their ranking too easily. The enemy is not 1up, the enemy is not LCH, the enemy is not Insomnia, the enemy is whoever happens to be no. 1 at this moment in time. If you happen to be in the no. 1 alliance then the enemy is the rest of the Universe.
The only thing I disagree with here is the fact I'm smarting over any losses. Totally incorrect. It's a war game - getting roided is part of it. I don't intend on giving up at all - attacking is just a problem when you cant get online for landing

Quote:
And as a side note it's nice to see 1up members coming in here and spouting bollocks about that quaint little alliance of theirs in a thread that doesn't really have anything to do with 1up just to let everybody know that 1up is an alliance in a game known as Planetarion and just in case you didn't know already 1up happens to be the most important thing in the whole friggin world.

And as another side note it would be nice to see 1up members shutting the **** up about this above mentioned alliance and move on somewhere else to stoke up the flames of the runaway freight train know as 1up: The Egotistical Monster That Cannot Be Satiated No Matter How Many Times You Mention It In Any Given Thread.
You actually mentioned 1up in your original topic and you're a clever lad. (Or at least I think so from my brief contact so far) so I don't think you're clueless in what you are actually asking in this thread.

Quote:
If 1up members wish to discuss the matter at hand then I'd be more than welcome to hear their opinions on the subject, after all their opinion is as valid as anybody elses.
The matter at hand is some wild accusation of stagnation? Stagnation is when typically an alliance has gained a foothold at #1 and can domniate the game through itself or through a block that is unlikely to break apart and there is nothing that can seemingly be done about it.

Ah. Rereading some of your post wants us to discuss the roles of other alliances in all of this. Not just the main six? If you could clarify, then if the answer is yes this might do better on the other board.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:04   #14
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
2 days ago, LCH had more roids than 1up. Its changing every hour of every day, and is certainly a challenging and fun round for the top 4.

Again I challenge you, you complain of no incomings, why not spread YOUR co-ords about.

Apart from anything, co-ords are banned from the forums last I looked.
If the moderators wish to edit out the coordinates that I have posted here then they can go right ahead, I'm certainly not going to do it. Report this thread for posting coordinates if you so wish. If the moderators do decide to edit out the coordinates that I have posted then go ahead and say I told you so. Until that day comes kindly STFU about it.

As for posting my coordinates, I am not going to do that. For the purposes of this thread I have stated that I am in a top 10 galaxy. No further specification needs to be made to prove the point that I was trying to make.

Besides, if anybody really does want to know my coordinates (I doubt whether anybody does) most of them can find out very easily due to events that have occured this round. I know for a fact that you personally can find out my coordinates with very little effort indeed.

As for complaining about the lack of incomings, I was complaining that top 10 galaxies other than mine were not receiving the necessary incoming, not my galaxy. For the record I do not want a single hostile ship to appear on my galaxy status between now and the end of the round. Is this the wrong attitude to take? Don't care.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:15   #15
Forest

Ahh, so u want stagnation on your gal, but not on everyone elses.

Twat.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:21   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
The only thing I disagree with here is the fact I'm smarting over any losses. Totally incorrect. It's a war game - getting roided is part of it. I don't intend on giving up at all - attacking is just a problem when you cant get online for landing
If I were you I'd be pissed off that your alliance was persecuted last round for the simple fact that your alliance is 1up "The Evil Menace" or whatever people want to call you. Fair enough, it's a wargame, people get attacked. But attacking someone simply because you buy into the hype sounds like a load of bollocks to me. If you feel otherwise then maybe you're a bigger man than me

Quote:
You actually mentioned 1up in your original topic and you're a clever lad. (Or at least I think so from my brief contact so far) so I don't think you're clueless in what you are actually asking in this thread.
tbh the rest of that post was inflammatory and uncalled for, I just felt like ranting about something (anything) so I did. I'm not going to apologise for it though cos doing it made me feel good .

Quote:
The matter at hand is some wild accusation of stagnation? Stagnation is when typically an alliance has gained a foothold at #1 and can domniate the game through itself or through a block that is unlikely to break apart and there is nothing that can seemingly be done about it.
Forest mentioned stagnation, I didn't bring it up. All I said was that the no. 1 alliance and the no. 1 galaxy had already been decided. If you deem this to be stagnation then your definition is different to mine.
While you mention it I do think that 1up have an insurmountable lead, not because of their roid count, or members, or score, but because of the political situation. I wouldn't call this stagnation because 1up's rivals have plenty of options open to them, they just need to stop being pussies and take them.

Quote:
Ah. Rereading some of your post wants us to discuss the roles of other alliances in all of this. Not just the main six? If you could clarify, then if the answer is yes this might do better on the other board.
Discussing alliances is a big part of it. Though just as big a part is discussing what we're going to do about the galaxies that have grabbed a foothold and seem unlikely to let go. That's why I posted this here and not in AD.

Last edited by ChubbyChecker; 18 Aug 2005 at 02:27.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:24   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Ahh, so u want stagnation on your gal, but not on everyone elses.

Twat.
If you care to explain why this is an incorrect attitude to take then go right ahead. If you do not care to explain then keep your opinions and name calling to yourself.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:39   #18
Forest

You cant come on a board and whine that everyone is not getting incoming, then openly say you dont want incoming.

In effect, all you have done is come here and whine that your galaxy isnt winning.

And thats just lame.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:52   #19
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Are you in one of these galaxies with a mix of both alliances Chubby?

(serious question as I don't have a clue what gal you're in heh)
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:57   #20
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

This is not the end. not even the middle nor the beginning of the end.. But its perhaps the end of the beginning.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 02:59   #21
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
You cant come on a board and whine that everyone is not getting incoming, then openly say you dont want incoming.

In effect, all you have done is come here and whine that your galaxy isnt winning.

And thats just lame.
I want my galaxy to win. I want my galaxy to be the best. I want my galaxy to drown in a sea of its own roids until it doesn't know what to do with all the resources. I want all the planets in my galaxy (including the planet that is currently marked as hostile by my alliance) to be as big as they possibly can be to achieve this aim. I want to win that credit at the end of the round. I want all the people in my galaxy that I have fought with and talked with over the course of the round to win a credit too. I want to be there at the end of round ceremony and tell Kloopy that my galaxy was better than all you losers that didn't achieve no. 1 galaxy.

These statements are all completely true.

However

That does not mean that I do not accept that I will get incoming if my galaxy becomes too big for its britches. If my galaxy is a contender for no. 1 (which I do not think that it currently is or ever will be) then I expect to be attacked heavily to be knocked down from this spot. Even now, in the top 10 with a less than likely chance of becoming no. 1 I accept that my galaxy may get incoming. My wish that this does not happen does not in any way detract from this acceptance.

I actually have an idea for taking down the top galaxy:

Make as many alliances as possible agree not to defend any member that happens to be in the no. 1 galaxy.

Easy to say, easy to do theoretically. Practically impossible to implement though since the HCs will think that their members in the no. 1 galaxy will feel that they are being betrayed and may even leave the alliance because of it. I for one would not take this attitude, in fact if I was in the no. 1 galaxy I would want this idea to be implemented because it would mean that at the end of the round the no. 1 galaxy has truly earnt its place. I would not want the extra incoming that this would give me but I would accept it. There is a world of difference here.

Quote:

And thats just lame.
This part of your post is nothing but a flame, it has no basis on what I said in my original post. That's fine though, I did it to Zhil earlier in this thread.
I have already openly stated that my galaxy is not getting any incoming. So how can I whine about my galaxy not being no. 1? If I were I'd basically be saying that my galaxy mates are all worthless sacks of shit and I want to be exiled (I'm not saying this at all, in case my GC reads this, gets carried away and runs to the Politics page).
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 03:07   #22
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
Are you in one of these galaxies with a mix of both alliances Chubby?

(serious question as I don't have a clue what gal you're in heh)
Don't worry, my inflated sense of self worth has not yet grown to such epic proportions that I think that the entire Universe knows my whereabouts and is hanging on every little thing my planet does
I am not going to tell you what alliances are in my galaxy. It may well be very relevant to the discussion at hand but none of my alliance mates have given me permission to discuss anything about them so I won't. I do have some integrity, despite what some people reading certain things in this thread might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
This is not the end. not even the middle nor the beginning of the end.. But its perhaps the end of the beginning.
That's from Millenium, right? Kris Kristoffersen rocks!

What's your take on all this anyway? I'd be interested to know what you think, you old fart
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 03:16   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

What, apart from this being the most boring round of Planetarion that I have played so far?

I think that 1up is doing good, all honor to them. The alliances below them should target them, to make sure they get some good competion, like 1up tried to do with eXilition last round. But round 14 will hopefully be forgotten. Or maybe only remembered as the round when the known alliances started to crumble.

The most interesting part of round 14 and the coming round 15 is that there will be ALOT of active good players searching for a home.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 03:34   #24
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
What, apart from this being the most boring round of Planetarion that I have played so far?

I think that 1up is doing good, all honor to them. The alliances below them should target them, to make sure they get some good competion, like 1up tried to do with eXilition last round. But round 14 will hopefully be forgotten. Or maybe only remembered as the round when the known alliances started to crumble.
I totally agree. As far as I'm concerned 1up aren't doing anything wrong here. Sure, we could accuse them of not hitting LCH but why bother? LCH aren't contenders for the throne so 1up might as well leave well enough alone, no point upsetting the balance. If 1up had orchestrated this farce then I'd be bitching and moaning like crazy (anyone remember Furgion in Round 3?) but they haven't. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the other alliances.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 03:37   #25
Zh|l
Inquisitor

I think one thing being forgotten is that targetting of the top planets/galaxies is not always hand in hand with a military strategy. They're normally top for a reason (unless that reason is purely because theyve had no incomings which in the case for the current #1 galaxy - which has changed hands quite a few times I may add) - is not true)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 03:39   #26
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I totally agree. As far as I'm concerned 1up aren't doing anything wrong here. Sure, we could accuse them of not hitting LCH but why bother? LCH aren't contenders for the throne so 1up might as well leave well enough alone, no point upsetting the balance. If 1up had orchestrated this farce then I'd be bitching and moaning like crazy (anyone remember Furgion in Round 3?) but they haven't. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the other alliances.
Such an accusation would be utterly wrong as well

Our targetting changes upon the needs of the alliance.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 04:02   #27
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
I think one thing being forgotten is that targetting of the top planets/galaxies is not always hand in hand with a military strategy. They're normally top for a reason (unless that reason is purely because theyve had no incomings which in the case for the current #1 galaxy - which has changed hands quite a few times I may add) - is not true)
Some people may find this link interesting.
Now, take a look at how many roids they've lost so far this round. The grand total currently stands at 7,230 roids.

Seven thousand two hundred and thirty roids.

Think about that for a second.

What the hell is that????? I asked how many roids an entire galaxy has lost so far this round, not how many sausages I had for breakfast!!

I started Round 13 late and my planet lost more roids than that entire galaxy combined!

My planet people!

I'm not saying they're not getting heavy incoming, maybe they are. Fact is they can handle whatever it is that they have got. Simple fact is that they have not got the required incoming to make the contender for no. 1 galaxy an interesting fight and the number of roids they have lost so far more than proves it.

You're saying that they have not got more incoming than they could have done because of the political mix in the galaxy. Fair enough. Doesn't seem right though. A lot of people bitch about the top alliances simply because the mix of alliances in your galaxy can dictate the amount of incoming you get. A very valid bitch imo.

I personally would like to see something hard coded into the game to make this less of a problem. For example if you are in the no. 1 galaxy it is impossible for your alliance to defend you, would make it a lot more interesting. I know a lot of people would complain if that were done though.

Quote:
Such an accusation would be utterly wrong as well

Our targetting changes upon the needs of the alliance.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. I just didn't want to say it so blatantly cos I don't want to look like a complete suck up. Sid's arse smells funny
Not saying you shouldn't put it in those words, you're entitled to after all
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 07:54   #28
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That very line is the main reason top gals don't get much incoming, they want as little as possible themselves, ALL of them (understandebly, what gal doesn't?) Thus resorts often to fensesitting (=almost no incoming) Not saying it's the case here, but that line made be laugh after the rest of the rant
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 09:50   #29
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

you lucky(sneaky) bastard, my gal's been in a reasonably 'strong' position and we've pretty much had inc every single night since i exiled into it. i wish the inc would just **** off for a week not actually get some heh.

the alliance war is nowhere near over. the #1 spot is hanging in the air even more than before actually tbh. the galaxy #1 rank personally never meant shit to me and it'll continue to do so in these random rounds.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 10:08   #30
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think that the #1 galaxy will still be #1 in a week. But we'll see.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:27   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
That very line is the main reason top gals don't get much incoming, they want as little as possible themselves, ALL of them (understandebly, what gal doesn't?) Thus resorts often to fensesitting (=almost no incoming) Not saying it's the case here, but that line made be laugh after the rest of the rant
It was meant to make you laugh I still stand by it though.

Nobody should want incoming into their own galaxy. What's the point of it? Does it give you more roids? No. Does it give you more XP? No. But just because nobody wants it doesn't mean that anybody should be exempt from getting it.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:43   #32
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the "lucky" gal that lost 30% that night, and we got ****ing incs every goddamn night!
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 17:08   #33
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible
Im in the "lucky" gal that lost 30% that night, and we got ****ing incs every goddamn night!
Cry me a river.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 17:29   #34
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

hmm, by the sounds of it your gal gets no incoming because you have every alliance in the game in there somewhere. Why don't you actively go about and try to change what you complain about?

I look forward to your witty reply
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 19:44   #35
Neferti
part time ghost

Oh come on. It's not like the coords of the #1 galaxy are a great secret.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 19:53   #36
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Cry me a river.
goes to you too then, your clearly in a cocksucking* galaxy, if you really want the #1 gal to lose roids that badly, what are you waiting for?

*i assume people realize what i mean by this
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 20:21   #37
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Cry me a river.
Im gonna do.

But here's a little bunny you can lick on
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:19   #38
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:

As for complaining about the lack of incomings, I was complaining that top 10 galaxies other than mine were not receiving the necessary incoming, not my galaxy. For the record I do not want a single hostile ship to appear on my galaxy status between now and the end of the round. Is this the wrong attitude to take? Don't care.
So basically this is a post to get all top10 gals hit except your own ?

Is that because your own gal is very incapable of defending in gal ?

Take the time to news scan the top gal, and check the in gal defence going back and forth in that gal. That might be something you could learn from, instead of spewing gibberish and inaccuracies on the forums.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 21:39   #39
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
hmm, by the sounds of it your gal gets no incoming because you have every alliance in the game in there somewhere. Why don't you actively go about and try to change what you complain about?

I look forward to your witty reply
If you read the posts I have made other than my opening one I have suggested a number of ways to change the current state of affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
goes to you too then, your clearly in a cocksucking* galaxy, if you really want the #1 gal to lose roids that badly, what are you waiting for?

*i assume people realize what i mean by this
If you read the posts I have made other than my opening one I have suggested a number of ways to change the current state of affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
So basically this is a post to get all top10 gals hit except your own ?

Is that because your own gal is very incapable of defending in gal ?

Take the time to news scan the top gal, and check the in gal defence going back and forth in that gal. That might be something you could learn from, instead of spewing gibberish and inaccuracies on the forums.

Quote:
I'm not saying they're not getting heavy incoming, maybe they are. Fact is they can handle whatever it is that they have got. Simple fact is that they have not got the required incoming to make the contender for no. 1 galaxy an interesting fight and the number of roids they have lost so far more than proves it.
I really like it when people see a thread with a large number of replies, read the opening post and decide to comment on it without reading any of the replies. It really contributes to the thread and makes the discussion far more interesting.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:32   #40
jerome

nono, why dont YOU.DO.SOMETHING. instead of "suggesting" for others. action speaks louder than words, kiddo.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:36   #41
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think this round is stagnated at all, 6:10 looking good as a gal tho, compared to the rest.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:54   #42
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
nono, why dont YOU.DO.SOMETHING. instead of "suggesting" for others. action speaks louder than words, kiddo.
I cannot think of a single thing that I myself can do to change the situation.
If you have a bright idea then I'd be glad to hear it and take it under advisement.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:09   #43
jerome

a wild idea here

go sort attacks and get them launched?

REVOLUTIONARY !

(may require promotion to BC level but that's hardly a effort)
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:23   #44
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

maybe not in 1up

Anyway, jernub is right, altho it s hard to admit :/

Retired
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:32   #45
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
a wild idea here

go sort attacks and get them launched?

REVOLUTIONARY !

(may require promotion to BC level but that's hardly a effort)
I am glad you suggested it because I have already tried it. I went to the relevant people in my alliance and told them my idea about hitting 6:10 hard and hitting them often and making a pact with as many alliances as possible not to defend any planet that happens to be in the no. 1 galaxy. I bet you can guess what their response was. There is nothing else I can do.

I am not going to throw a hissy fit and go join an alliance that will agree with me because I am not a little brat that picks up his ball and runs home with it because my HC decide to do something that I don't agree with. I play the game within the parameters that my alliance set for me.

I am also not going to go and suggest my idea to HC in other alliances because rightly or wrongly I attack exclusively with my alliance and who other HC decide to attack is no business of mine. They are not going to listen to me anyway. If somebody in an alliance other than mine wants to suggest this idea to their HC they can go right ahead, nothing's stopping them. I won't even take credit for it

Promotion to BC would also not help me because if I chose 6:10 as a target often my HC would realise what I was doing and tell me to persist. If I continued doing it they'd demote me.

Any other ideas?
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:43   #46
jerome

so basically, you can't get em killed with your alliance so now your making an ever so subtle plea for someone else to do it?

hello guys, id like pretty much all of lch killed because they hound out my planet as per usual and it's slightly irritating. i can't do it myself though, as my planet is quite tiny value wise now because of aforementioned hounding and can't run attacks on them unless decreed by my HC because we follow pretty strict targetlists. so i figure i can ask on the pa forums in hope you lot do it for me, ok? thanks
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:50   #47
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
so basically, you can't get em killed with your alliance so now your making an ever so subtle plea for someone else to do it?
That is correct. If you think there is something wrong in what I am doing then say why. If you are unable or unwilling to say why then go try and flame somebody that will actually rise to the bait. I can tell you now that I am too much of a challenge for you.

I did not quote the rest of your post because it is irrelevant gibberish that fails to make any point that you were trying to make and furthermore it is not relevant to the topic that is currently being discussed.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 23:55   #48
jerome

the rest of the post wasn't addressed to you, i was just actually trying to do waht you are too but suited for my gain etc.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:14   #49
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
the rest of the post wasn't addressed to you, i was just actually trying to do waht you are too but suited for my gain etc.
It's nice to see that you chose to ignore my perfectly reasonable request to explain your accusation that my actions were somehow wrong and instead decided to expand your less than relevant point that nobody before you has even alluded to.

It really made you look intelligent.

And when I ask you to explain your accusation I am not asking you to make a snide remark that in your mind somehow alludes to whatever it is you may or may not be trying to say but when viewed by others actually comes across as nothing more than a random comment. I am asking you to state your explanation clearly.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:24   #50
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Now now ladies, put your Handbags away!!

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Closed Thread