User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 12:40   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[Approved] Speedgame suggestion - "Capture the 'roids"

I know we've had speedgames in the past and (hopefully!) will have a few in the future.
This is just an idea for one of them.
Basically, private 10 planet galaxies.
Each galaxy has 1 "golden roid"-type roid (maybe you can even name it yourself ).
Game starts as normal, with a random planet in each galaxy having the asteroid. The idea of the game is to try and capture the other galaxy's golden roid without loosing your own. The winning galaxy is the one at the end of the round with the most special roids (or, in a tie, the one that kept their roid the longest).
Normal golden roid rules apply - the roid has the standard chance of any asteroid being caught.
Just thinking about it, maybe the galaxys shouldn't get the golden roid until tick 100 or so, otherwise the galaxy with the roid will just have that planet not initiate any roids .
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 12:47   #2
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Speedgame suggestion - "Capture the 'roids"

Nice idea and could be a lot of fun. Although what would the bonuses for the roids be? A galaxy with loads of them could zoom ahead and roid everyone. I wonder if the pateam could implement this easily...

probably not.

-------------------
1up MO

Last edited by Virall; 28 Apr 2005 at 12:50. Reason: no sig
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 12:59   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Nice idea and could be a lot of fun. Although what would the bonuses for the roids be? A galaxy with loads of them could zoom ahead and roid everyone. I wonder if the pateam could implement this easily...

probably not.

-------------------
1up MO
No roid bonuses. That's the only way they're different .

Kloopy (who coded the golden roid stuff) said it wouldn't actually be too difficult (though I changed the idea slightly, so it might take more fiddling).
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 13:02   #4
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Appocomaster

you are a genious this is a brilliant idea

how about adding to it

No defence outta gal

Im sure theirs more points i can think of but my brain is fryed
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 13:03   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

idd, that'd make sense. Anyone defending out of gal is stupid, really.
Oh, and no exile as well
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 13:04   #6
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

It would make for an intresting compatition
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 13:11   #7
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

I dread to think of the cluster wars...

possibility of chaos. although how long would the round last?

And 10 planet private galaxies could rule out those who wanted to go random, or for some reason had to.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 13:33   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

I was thinking of a say 2-5 min tick weekend or whatever, as thats what most speedgames generally are in length. I know that 10 planet galaxies that are private would cause some problems, but tbh i think that it's the best way of going. It might be a bit unfair, but if it's one weekend and everything depends on your galaxy and how organised you are, those that know each other in a semi random or random galaxy setup will do far better generally, and if it's completely random you'll end up having to first argue in the galaxy and then fight all the other galaxies. Also people will sign up accounts to try and get with their friends no doubt, and so there'll be spaces in galaxies etc.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:35   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I like this idea very much

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:59   #10
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Only prob is only the planets with golden roids would get inc..... Ofc you could make it so you can't see who has the roids
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 07:10   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Someone pointed out on IRC that people would just kamakaze suicide their 'roid holder' and so it'd become a "how many times can we wave the planet" competition.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 08:35   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And that someone (it was actually me ) suggested that the golden roid holder (if indeed there was one in the gal at that time) had a certain %age chance of it being moved to another player in the galaxy (10% was suggested).

Ie, on average every 10 ticks, the golden roid in each gal would get moced to another player in the gal - so that it is more difficult to build a fortress planet and/or make it more difficult to simply wave the same planet. What happens when there is two or more golden roids in the gal? Entertainment . I suppose there would be a chance that both (or more) golden roids could be at the same planet at the same time (would suck if you lost the lot in the 1 tick that you didnt have enough def!! ). but then you could attack them back i suppose - as you wouldnt need def fleets.

btw i can forsee alot of pre-emptive fleets being launched - ie, planet #4 looks like he'll loose his golden roid, so you wave teh attacker before you even capped it to try and steal it back. should be nuts .

Or even, the play who is now getting massive waves in premption recalls and the next wave gets it - without the premption .
Unread 21 May 2005, 00:43   #13
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

simply wait and build up the ships until the last few ticks, then roid the galaxies with most of them,..
I do think u shud have a bonus somthing for having the roid,.. the more you have the more of a target you are to the rest of the universe, so more incomming, you ouldnt BE a fortress to 5-6 gals attacking you in waves, and waves, and waves

naming the roid... only the original holder of the roid should be able to name it,.. anyone else should be stuck with it,.. then u can follow your own roid
Unread 21 May 2005, 02:13   #14
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Sounds interesting to me...
Unread 21 May 2005, 07:40   #15
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what happens if the golden roid holder, doesnt grow in value etc....
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:01   #16
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
what happens if the golden roid holder, doesnt grow in value etc....
Remove bash limit once you have the roid? The bash limit is there to stop poor newbies getting bashed into the ground, if you're playing a speedround in a 10 man private gal, you're going to know how the play the game or be willing to learn as it will be quite an intense competition... plus your gal should be able to def you. If your gal gets hammered, you can simply avoid the fights over the golden roids and hopefully nick normal roids to rebuild whilst the big player's attentions are elsewhere.

Could also be a king of the hill type thing, you get XP score bonus for holding onto it, or the gal ticks up points for the time they hold onto each roid? Say 10 points per tick per golden roid, or something like that. These points are seperate from score etc and would be how the winner was decided.

I like the idea, though I never have the time to play a speedround... maybe during my holidays? ^^
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:11   #17
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Removing bash limits for golden roid holders is an excellent idea.
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:26   #18
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Removing bash limits for golden roid holders is an excellent idea.
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:36   #19
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Loving this idea

Better make this speedgame post june 21st so I can play freely with no exams toworry about
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:06   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

havoc and speed game details have allready been announced - though i use the word details loosly

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 May 2005, 17:52   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Make it the weekend afterwards damnit. Do you not realise some of us have exams?!
Unread 21 May 2005, 18:08   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

We can;t afford to have it any later as we need the time for beta testing

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 May 2005, 10:05   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

beta test first?
Unread 22 May 2005, 11:04   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

we won't be ready for beta testing first

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 May 2005, 11:46   #25
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Good idea but what ab out the people who don't have enough friends to be in a buddy pack with?
that just means they end up in random gals along with all those who sign up but don't play
Unread 23 May 2005, 14:27   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Something along the lines of capture the roids will be happening.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread