User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:50   #1
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough
Kloopy

As some of you will be aware since Spinner left the PA scene due to his illness we've been in a difficult situation with regards to the coding of the game. Thanks to the hard work of Kloopy, pishmishy and others we were able to get the round earlier this year under way.

Sadly the coding situation for this latest round became less than ideal due to demands on the time of Kloopy and pishmishy, in the case of the latter due to the departure from the Jolt staff of a key member who some of you will have known through Netgamers and this game (Keith). This has lead to a number of bugs cropping up that we've been unable to rectify in a timely manner.

Over the past couple of weeks we've been looking at this situation and deciding how best to proceed. I'm happy to announce that as a result of this we've decided to employ Kloopy in a part-time position to work on the game as it's main coder. He will be starting in this role from the middle of September as he is shortly going away on holiday.

We're also looking at a way to make it possible for other members of the PA community to get involved with various aspects of the game, in particular the portal & game coding itself. There's been a number of kind offers made which we're grateful for but the issue over sensitive data & alliance membership is something we're trying to resolve in a way that allows such people to be involved with the coding of the game without jeopardising the integrity of it.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:52   #2
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Re: Kloopy

yes nice PR at this time
wasnt the agreement that he would anounce this himself

congrats kloops you earned this and your gonna rock @ it
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:55   #3
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

<3 matt

Grats.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:55   #4
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

gl Kloopy may you solve many bugs and build alot of neat new features for us to play with \o/
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:03   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

gl Kloopy

And in other news, for helping to boost the community, Jolt fire Xontas
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:09   #6
jackle

good luck Kloopy.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 04:28   #7
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

gl m8

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 05:46   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Kloopy, i look forward to us working together in the future .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 17:23   #9
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

gl kloopy

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 17:57   #10
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I expect Kloopy to act in the best interest of his 1up friends

<3 Kloopy
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 18:06   #11
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Didnt realize 1up had many friends But gud luck Kloopy

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 18:46   #12
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

u dont need many friends - just the right ones

enjoy ur job Kloopy

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 19:50   #13
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

Well done Matt and good luck

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 20:10   #14
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This thread hasnt got nearly as much attention as it deserves.
I wish you all the best kloopy in avoiding the contraction of 'zeusitus'
Last i knew it was extremely contagious in the upper ranks
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 23:35   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Kloopy being able to pump his spare time into PA should finalyl mean we can start to get through the toso list and get thoose long requested features and bug fixes into the game, the full fruits may not be seen for the upcoming round, but the future is certainly bright.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 11:53   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I have to say, it is about time Kloopy got paid for this work, after living with him at uni, I've seen what he puts in, and how good a job he does. I think this is probably the best decision Jolt have ever made with regards to the game, just a pitty it took so long.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 16:24   #17
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

GL Kloopy taking the reins hope you dont over do it though and I hope everyone doesnt bitch to much about some decisions and things you do

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 08:43   #18
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Kloopy, luck isnt what you need, your going to need skill!

p.s. (release the source code *cough*)

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 13:37   #19
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

can't agree with bashar more, well done kloopy, and great news for PA

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 13:03   #20
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Kloopy rocks
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 01:06   #21
Goatie
Scottish Cnut

Goatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Kloopy has always rocked IMO Good luck mate.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 13:02   #22
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

You all make me blush. Thank you for the nice comments. Fingers crossed, we'll get the HUGE list of bugs fixed. On my return from the States, I've been presented a huge list of TODO items categorised from level 1 (must be done for R15) to level 3 (would be nice for R15). Over the next few weeks we'll hopefully get through most of 1 and 2 which should give us a solid relatively bug-free round next round. I think the exciting time will come with R16 however since after I've fixed all the bugs and outstanding issues for R15, I'll have about 3 months to code up some nice new features for the game. So don't hesitate, get chatting within your alliances and on the Suggestions forum and we'll be heeding your comments very soon now.

Hugs and cuddles,

Kloopy.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 14:53   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
You all make me blush. Thank you for the nice comments. Fingers crossed, we'll get the HUGE list of bugs fixed. On my return from the States, I've been presented a huge list of TODO items categorised from level 1 (must be done for R15) to level 3 (would be nice for R15). Over the next few weeks we'll hopefully get through most of 1 and 2 which should give us a solid relatively bug-free round next round. I think the exciting time will come with R16 however since after I've fixed all the bugs and outstanding issues for R15, I'll have about 3 months to code up some nice new features for the game. So don't hesitate, get chatting within your alliances and on the Suggestions forum and we'll be heeding your comments very soon now.

Hugs and cuddles,

Kloopy.
Lets hope you are better keeping promises than Kal was. Round 15 was gonna be the big round with alot of new stuff added to it...
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 22:46   #24
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

so finally you get paid to deal with my whining :]
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 03:23   #25
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Hey Kloopy, send some of that FAT Jolt pay check to my Pay Pal.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 07:23   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Lets hope you are better keeping promises than Kal was. Round 15 was gonna be the big round with alot of new stuff added to it...
no it wasn't... though that said we are getting a remarkable amount of stuff done for it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 11:07   #27
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
no it wasn't... though that said we are getting a remarkable amount of stuff done for it.
I believe I have the log somewhere on a PC back at home
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote