User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:32   #1
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
omg cath so overpowered!!123

omg like cath is so powerful it sux!!

6 of the top 10 planets are cath, this is so unfair on everyone else, i demand a stats change or a refund!!

(sorry, but i had to do make this post. Mods, feel free to close/delete it )
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:39   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: omg cath so overpowered!!123

nothing is stopping you and others from hitting them.
Arrows are pretty nice to stop them early on, or spiders, or even enough corsair. Also, it's not like they're not going to get flattened later in the round
-----------------------
Also, Xan have some of the best anti Co around, and they're the most common race atm.
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:43   #3
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

he's bitter that he lost arguments about cath being underpowered last round (which they were).

he couldn't even wait a reasonable amount of time to see if there's any truth behind his gay little parody.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:49   #4
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
nothing is stopping you and others from hitting them.
Arrows are pretty nice to stop them early on, or spiders, or even enough corsair. Also, it's not like they're not going to get flattened later in the round
-----------------------
Also, Xan have some of the best anti Co around, and they're the most common race atm.
Now consider the fact that every cat with half a brain attacks terran.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:51   #5
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

and terrens will attack cats,.. either of our podding fleets should get a good return if it's not covered in deffence.

as for the co inc,.. yeah we're gonna get that comming,.. just have to steal some lancers or relly on in gal deffence,....
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:53   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Now consider the fact that every cat with half a brain attacks terran.
and they're obviously not going to have any xan, cath or zik gal mates
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 14:57   #7
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
and they're obviously not going to have any xan, cath or zik gal mates
Ingal fleetswapping isnt all that commen before PT100... Neither is a proper def fleet.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 15:23   #8
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Newsflash: Rob is not being serious
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 15:25   #9
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
Newsflash: Rob is not being serious
Really? Im shocked!

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 16:02   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Cath CR is the way to go kids :/
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 19:34   #11
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

appoc, when i talked with you before the beta, i thought you were going to make it so the larger fleet was used first to steal ships for the smaller pod fleet which was used for the latter half of the round?
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 21:25   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I'm attacking Xans right now
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 00:18   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Personally I'm attacking Xans right now
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 01:38   #14
PrinceLoneStar

PrinceLoneStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: omg cath so overpowered!!123

[quote=ComradeRob]omg like cath is so powerful it sux!!

6 of the top 10 planets are cath, this is so unfair on everyone else, i demand a stats change or a refund!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Refund? Your paying for this?!
PrinceLoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 01:47   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
appoc, when i talked with you before the beta, i thought you were going to make it so the larger fleet was used first to steal ships for the smaller pod fleet which was used for the latter half of the round?
Yes the scorpion targets Co.
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 02:29   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

yes i know that, i meant that the smaller pod fleet was the stronger for the other races for the end of the round, with cath this is not true
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 02:29   #17
Duffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLoneStar
Refund? Your paying for this?!
Most people DO pay for this
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 10:07   #18
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

it is an unfortunate fact :-(

Strange though that I'm wasting my valuable time (and tiny percentage of my fiver) reading crap like this though. Xans will rule and we all know it, cats never can simply due to them being targets for everyone as it is fairly safe (in terms of casaulties) compared to other races.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 10:28   #19
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
it is an unfortunate fact :-(

Strange though that I'm wasting my valuable time (and tiny percentage of my fiver) reading crap like this though. Xans will rule and we all know it, cats never can simply due to them being targets for everyone as it is fairly safe (in terms of casaulties) compared to other races.
I'd disagree.

Round 12, I think it was, there were plenty of huge caths/ziks (back when ziks didn't steal, but subverted, which was even WORSE than EMP for defence), simply because they were amazing whilst attacking, and were reasonably easy to get covered within alliance.

Caths will be doing just fine this round, whilst I feel xands have been overrated now that the peacekeeper received a drubbing and is pretty shit without respectable alliance support..
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 10:28   #20
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Cath can easily attack zik with both CO and CR.
They can attack ter easily with CO.
Also xan with CO and CR.

Now let's think who zik can attack easily umm... none ?
Xan + cath are going to own this round.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 10:52   #21
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I'd disagree.

Round 12, I think it was, there were plenty of huge caths/ziks
We ARE Round 14 last time I checked. Thats a bit like saying "oh dear, the war frigate was great in R2 so that means Terran are sure to win"

Xans will do well for the following very simple reasons

1) Even pricing: Everyone else needs to lose money with the fund etc and so has between 5% and 25% less resources spent on ships.

2) Reduced research: With no Cr or BS the average Xan is between 48 and 72hrs better off with research. (Don't you DARE mention struct killers being worth researching! I would finish all my covert ops even before starting siege weapons.) Ziks however for example MUST do this research just to stay alive.

3) Flight time: With this reduced research you can of course taylor planet killing fleets, instead of sending as many fighters at someone you can aim for sending the lot and at no penalty to your flgiht time (assuming you were gonna send frigs anyway). The other 3 races all have large pods and ships which they rely on and so therefore reduces potential defence.

Then of course you got the usual race benefits that we all know such as FA immunity (cloaking), fast init and gun power compared to the problems that for some reason the xans still love making their ships out of paper (it would explain their speed nonetheless) :-)

Cats will do well, but it is only a matter of time until each cat gets fleet catched. Cats, due to emp, will always be a target, and therefore will always lose rocks. Xans however (again assuming all things being equal in terms of casualty rates etc) will eventually be above cats in every way.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:12   #22
PrinceLoneStar

PrinceLoneStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: omg cath so overpowered!!123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy
Most people DO pay for this
jokes.

Its a good way of trying out the game first. What i'm saying is there is no real advantage of paying for your planet from the start. All the extra funds for roids does is make you a target.

I too have a registered account now. But as to allow me to progress down the research lines.
PrinceLoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:27   #23
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Xans will rule and we all know it, cats never can simply due to them being targets for everyone as it is fairly safe (in terms of casaulties) compared to other races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Round 12, I think it was, there were plenty of huge caths/ziks
Quote:
We ARE Round 14 last time I checked. Thats a bit like saying "oh dear, the war frigate was great in R2 so that means Terran are sure to win"
You can't really say caths never rule if you don't look back in time at all, do you? Caths ruled in round 12.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:31   #24
Ferretus
ARS HQ

I was still only referring to this round, at no point in my post did i mention that cats never had. Little point discussing the modern game while using old stats. My sarcastic war frigate comment still stands I think :-)

Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:43   #25
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
We ARE Round 14 last time I checked. Thats a bit like saying "oh dear, the war frigate was great in R2 so that means Terran are sure to win".
Quote:
cats never can simply due to them being targets for everyone as it is fairly safe (in terms of casaulties) compared to other races.
that was your only argument for cath being shit in r14 and it is clearly disproved by cath owning r12 despite having the same disadvantage.

Quote:
Xans will do well for the following very simple reasons

1) Even pricing: Everyone else needs to lose money with the fund etc and so has between 5% and 25% less resources spent on ships.
not really, mines are teh win, as well as proper roid initiation. later on xan have the same problem, as they never have even roids.

Quote:
2) Reduced research: With no Cr or BS the average Xan is between 48 and 72hrs better off with research. (Don't you DARE mention struct killers being worth researching! I would finish all my covert ops even before starting siege weapons.) Ziks however for example MUST do this research just to stay alive.
it doesn't really change so much, Xan CR/BS have always been a low priority research, and never contributed to xan's attack abilities (in beta as xan i didn't notice there were no CR/BS until tick 150 or such - ok granted this proves nothing but my crappiness in reading stats)
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:52   #26
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLoneStar
What i'm saying is there is no real advantage of paying for your planet from the start. All the extra funds for roids does is make you a target.
No. The number of roids you have is your choice and independent of the resources you get at start. There's nothing stopping you from keeping a low roid number, but with bonus at start you still reach that point faster, and eventually end up with more resources at any tick you want to start building ships. Unless you were trying to say "more ships make you a target".
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 12:04   #27
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The WF wasnt all that wonderful in R2 iirc. They were, otoh, exceptionally good in R3, especially when combined with Ghosts for killing hte larger ships, and Cargoships for Flak (Yartrebo's Cargo Armoured Frigate Fleet).

Terrans trade initiative for armour. Xans need their high damage and good init to keep themselves alive, else they are buggered.

Quote:
It is my opinion, as expressed in the Xandathrii Fleet Composition (R14) thread on Strategy, that a Xan FI/CO fleet will be good at targeting EITHER Terrans OR Ziks. This is due to the simple fact that to attack those different races requires different ships (ie, more Vsh for Ziks and more Pulsars for Terrans being the obvious example). This means, that the repeated targeting of a single race will gradually make Xans resource income imbalanced towards their target race's resoure (ie, M for Terrans and E for Ziks). Thus saying that Xandathrii wont ever have to trade is misleading - and potentially outright wrong.

Quote:
According to my rough calculation, the Tech Tree says that - not including Siege Weapons and all of the HCT branch of research - 960 ticks of Research. This means that Xandathrii's race 'bonus' adds and additional 96 ticks on top of their otherwise base level of research. Considering that Siege Weapons take a base level of 72 ticks to research, the Xans still loose out - by some 24 ticks - although this is far more if you included the whole HCT branch.

Quote:
3) Flight time: With this reduced research you can of course taylor planet killing fleets, instead of sending as many fighters at someone you can aim for sending the lot and at no penalty to your flgiht time (assuming you were gonna send frigs anyway). The other 3 races all have large pods and ships which they rely on and so therefore reduces potential defence.
You are right in that Xans have an ETA bonus with their FI fleet. I would remind you, though, that Cathaar CO is also ETA 7 in univese. Furthermore, much of the ships that target FI/CO are themselves ETA 7 (alliance) and thus still provide 1 tick window for defence. However, some ships are not targeted by FI/CO at all and are potentially very important in-gal def ships, like Lancers and Scorpions. This thing about sending FR doesnt make much sense. No xan would send FR along with their CO/FI fleet as that's just silly. Just like Terrans dont send Phoenix along with their BA ships - their effectiveness wont make up for the losses that you would suffer. The suggestions is just folly.

Quote:
Then of course you got the usual race benefits that we all know such as FA immunity (cloaking), fast init and gun power compared to the problems that for some reason the xans still love making their ships out of paper (it would explain their speed nonetheless) :-)
And other races have other benefits. Such as the efficiency and excellent init of EMP which has significant tactital use. Or the array og ships that Zikonains can steal. Terrans trade initiative for armour - saying that xans have cool high damage, excellent init ships (except for Ghosts ) isnt telling the full story and imo is misleading. Further, other races have other benefits, such a significantly reduced production or construction or research or Covert op bonuses - saying that Xans have FA immunity is also misleading in this context. Futher, Xandathrii fleets are the easiest to guess - so its not that much of an advantage if you know that the Xan has just send their FI and CO to attack you. A simple Unit scan would suffice.

Quote:
Cats will do well, but it is only a matter of time until each cat gets fleet catched. Cats, due to emp, will always be a target, and therefore will always lose rocks. Xans however (again assuming all things being equal in terms of casualty rates etc) will eventually be above cats in every way.
Whilst you are right that Cathaars tend to be easier targets, they dont usually require much defence (especially Xan ships) to cover them totally. You are forgetting that Xandathrii armour is very low, and that it wont take very much at all in the way of ships in a fleetcatch to kill thier fleet entirely. A few k of Sents does a huge amount of damage to Xan FI - even if you loose the Sents, the person being caught has lost their capacity to attack again and is extremely vulnerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Cath can easily attack zik with both CO and CR.
They can attack ter easily with CO.
Also xan with CO and CR.

Now let's think who zik can attack easily umm... none ?
Xan + cath are going to own this round.
And, Terran BA fleets are excellent against Cathaars (and Ziks) . R13 demonstrated that the race best able to attack the race that is going to wtfpwn will automatically do well - as their targets will be larger and thus more roids and XP etc. Thus, it would make sense that Terrans will have a field day when attacking Cathaars - who cant really do stuff all to save themselves. http://web.onetel.net.uk/%7Ekarmulia.../FIREdevil.gif
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 12:10   #28
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
All them things you said about xans fighters and stuff...
Harpies rox0r

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 02:47   #29
maddog

maddog is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, now all 10 of the top 10 planets are Cath. That is wrong, horribly, horribly wrong. It was a crappy mistake to make the only contending race (Xan) so weak this round. I pray to Appocomaster that they fix this.

Just a fun little rhyme
maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 03:22   #30
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Actually, now all 10 of the top 10 planets are Cath. That is wrong, horribly, horribly wrong. It was a crappy mistake to make the only contending race (Xan) so weak this round. I pray to Appocomaster that they fix this.
I think you'll find that xan doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell to match cat, whereas terran does.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 03:22   #31
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
I pray to Appocomaster that they fix this.
Are you seriously suggesting a mid-round change to the ship stats?

If so, that has just eliminated any credibility that the rest of your post just had :\
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 08:54   #32
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
blablub.
Terran and Zik are just starting to use their battleships and they are as successful with it as Cath are with Cr, to say the least. So wait a few days and then swallow your tongue over that post.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 10:11   #33
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

Quote:
soooo true!!!

PA team fails to make balanced stats every round!

why did nobody see this in Beta?

anyway, I can just congratulate those few who took Cath! You'll have a damn fun round
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 10:47   #34
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

omg omg it must be broken!! For gods sake it's only tick 157. If Cath wasn't top right now, I'd be extremely worried.

Cathaar have the advantage of quick research, meaning that they have reached their CR and should be able to roid with near impunity for the next couple of days. Terrans/Ziks are still getting their BS, and so haven't reached this stage. And there's lots of concentrated anti-FI at the moment, making life hard for Xans.

Wait for tick 1000, and we'll see how things look. Until then...bye.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 11:02   #35
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
omg omg it must be broken!! For gods sake it's only tick 157. If Cath wasn't top right now, I'd be extremely worried.
I dont even detect a slight amount of defensiveness from you, mate . Of Course cathaar are not broken - because that's the race you are playing

Your arguments, though, do actually make sense .
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 14:05   #36
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I predict that over the course of the next few weeks you will see Cats dropping out of the top 100 and being replaced by Ziks.

I frigging hope so anyway seeing as I went Zik!
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 14:42   #37
jerome

CR/BS is going to rule the game in this coming period. i do suggest y'all to stock up on your anti-said above
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 20:36   #38
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

lol cath lol
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 16:16   #39
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
CR/BS is going to rule the game in this coming period. i do suggest y'all to stock up on your anti-said above
hmm, guess you were absolutely right. Problem with Xan their Anti-CR is crap!!!
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 19:29   #40
Appocomaster
PA Team

If more "top players" had gone Terran not Xan, Cath would be weaker on the Cr front. However, on the flip side, all these Terrans wouldnt have stolen Lancers, screwing over Cath Co fleets .
Terrans with enough Lancers are as nasty as Cath Cr, tbh. Dragons and Scarabs are good vs Cr.
Did no one read Sov's Cath guide? "BUILD SCARABS" :/
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 02:36   #41
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

why do stats need an overhaul every round, why is it impossible to ammend stats from previous rounds, i just dont get it
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 05:54   #42
The Master

It's not a matter of whether the ships classes and targetting fits together nicely. The cats are just fundementally over powered because of their high damage/cost ratio and low initatives, simple as that really. Their fleets are too effective.

Alkl, its because otherwise we'd all get very bored of this game.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 05:59   #43
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
It's not a matter of whether the ships classes and targetting fits together nicely. The cats are just fundementally over powered because of their high damage/cost ratio and low initatives, simple as that really. Their fleets are too effective.
But despite the high damage:cost ratio, people can still take free roids from them (well, except for CO/FR/BS now), and so they're still a major target. I know my FI like to eat caths, as not many caths have enough beetles to stop me (4.5k by PT416...) and as htey spend more on CR, I think FI will become more and more viable!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:04   #44
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

it's a shame that co fr and BS are like most of the pod fleets though isn't it. and that the CO especially is fire which can't be returned. (and the anti fr is similar). yeah cat will always be a major target, it's their nature, but i can't help thiking.. looking at some of the cat kill ships, that they're very powerful in terms of their dmg, something which never used to be the case. When a cat kill ships becomes one of the best defences against a certain class of ship, it does tell you that if something isn't broken... at the very least the mechanisms and race definitions are changing, and currently i think the other teams noteably xan, have some catching up to do.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:40   #45
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
i but i can't help thiking.. looking at some of the cat kill ships, that they're very powerful in terms of their dmg, something which never used to be the case.
(For the record) Cath kill ships were pretty ace in round 9.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 14:19   #46
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

They weren't too bad in other rounds either. They were only particularly bad in round 13.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 14:34   #47
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Guardians in R9 > *
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 22:22   #48
Cannon_Fodder

*Update*

A Zik and a Ter in t10

*update*
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:11   #49
Appocomaster
PA Team

there were more than that a bit back :P but then it went all cath again. And now it's not again. TBH I expect more Terrans to come through in the near future, as with Lancers they're pretty hard for Cath to hit.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 03:10   #50
Cannon_Fodder

Like omg who attacks with co anyway?