User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 11:22   #51
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: Political Situation

'gangbanging' heh. 1up still have far more roids than any other alliance.

Your sympathy card is not going to work.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 11:22   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
But there is no comparison. You were about to make an enormous block even bigger. We had to , for our own and everyone elses interests, stop that from happening. This is about a huge block (possibly becoming larger) gangbanging a single alliance for a prolonged length of time.
Well, I'm completely unaware (my 10 mins activity a day seems not to be enough ) of the political situation at this moment in this round, so I'm not gonna agree or deny any statements about this round concerning politics.

Last round it was also a huge block (3-4 alliance attacking, bout 250 planets added together)gangbanging a single 63 members alliance, agreed for a 2 nights length of time. I was comparing the numbers, not the length of the attack.

As Lokken and quite a few pple have posted so far, I'm also wondering why Sid took the time to make this post in the first place. In our pm's you often state you don't give a fk what others think of you or 1up (and that's a good thing) so I don't really understand the purpose of this thread apart from it being yet another piece of PR (in general) on AD.

Then again, you and sid aren't the same so maybe he does not share that feeling and maybe he does give a fk about how his alliance is perceived by other pple on AD.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 11:26   #53
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

the anti-1up block can't be that great. LOL

look at the scores, 1up still has a big lead. It's the best alliance out there (skill and activity wise), can't we agree on that?
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:01   #54
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

lol, i have more score and roids than the average 1up member, and i'm a n00b :| and i even have incoming etc... Tho to me it appears that the ones blocking here has accepted that 1up played the best 300 ticks, and therefor want to bring them back down. I've allways advocated dynamic blocks, so i dont mind as long as you dissolve the block afterwards instead of eliminating every alliance 1 by 1 after you've brought 1up back down to our playground.

Now can the damn 1uppers recall their fleets from my planet??? I AM NOT IN HYDRA NOR LCH ;(

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:03   #55
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
'gangbanging' heh. 1up still have far more roids than any other alliance.

Your sympathy card is not going to work.
Did I ask for any? I gave a personal view of current accounts. You take it how you like it mate.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:05   #56
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Also, would this pissant who neg repped me without any form of justification please stand up and tell me why it's 'ridiculous' to say 1up didn't block in round 11 and exilition did in round 13?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:08   #57
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

LOL as if you're the first one to recieve a negrep with no comment or signature :P

* We do not exist *

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:10   #58
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
LOL as if you're the first one to recieve a negrep with no comment or signature :P
Did I say I was? I wanted to know why those two blatent facts were reason to be neg repped.

How about you stay out of grown up conversations for a bit?

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:17   #59
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

dammit, i like lowering the standards of grown up discussions about who negrepped who and why etc....

Point being, if you need to be fed it, complaining about negreps will most likely gain you more negreps. Whatever you may have written that they negrep is rather irrelevant. It may very well just be some 12 yo 1up-hater that would have negrepped you even if you were speaking positive about him. If that makes any sense?

* We do not exist *

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:29   #60
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
He brought this to the community, the community didnt bring it to him and as such its his job to prove to us that said events are true. His failure to be abe to supply names or evidence of the goings on make this post by him utterly worthless and just another peice of 1up propaganda.

He claims a number of the alliances were approached so he wouldnt be selling one person out or highlighting them as 1ups informer and he obviously has a reason for believing what informants have told him so he should post whom he thinks is involved and why he beleives its true and not someone playing with 1up
Your post was in reply to one from Gate. I believe Gate is in a position to confirm that the block exists - if he chooses to do so. Why do I believe this? Because my information is that the block has approached ND offering a nap to ND.

Sometimes what people DON'T say is more important than what they do say. In the case of Gate he denied that ND had been asked to join a faction to attack 1up - but didn't deny that the block exists or that they have approached ND offering a nap to ND. A nap between ND and the block - NOT with an individual alliance.

ND HC are currently deciding whether or not to accept the offer of a NAP.

There's something you can substantiate - if you so choose. Of course even if ND were to confirm it to you, you'd no doubt just tighten your blinkers and claim that they're only saying that because they were our allies last round.

Ultimately I get the feeling that no matter what I say you're just going to claim it's a lie - and demand proof, despite the fact that it's effectively impssible to prove ANYTHING in a post on AD.

Why am I willing to put ND HC on the spot like this - when I've chosen not to mention other alliances specifically? Because my source on this information isn't ND HC - so I'm breaking no confidences in making this post.

And no - it's not "my job" to prove anything. This is a discussion forum - not a forum dedicated to making formal proofs of things. And, as mentioned earlier, proving anything on AD is next to impossible - irc logs can be faked and everything else is just the poster's opinion. The nearest thing you'll get to proof is if people you respect confirm what I've said - and I've no idea who (if anyone) you respect.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:37   #61
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, would this pissant who neg repped me without any form of justification please stand up and tell me why it's 'ridiculous' to say 1up didn't block in round 11 and exilition did in round 13?
ahh the joys of anonymous neg reppers ... it's a plague

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:40   #62
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
ahh the joys of anonymous neg reppers ... it's a plague
Yeah - of all the neg reps I've received, I think you're the only only who actually signed their name to it. Rep farming makes the whole concept pointless anyway.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:52   #63
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Yeah - of all the neg reps I've received, I think you're the only only who actually signed their name to it. Rep farming makes the whole concept pointless anyway.
I always sign my name when I give out rep (neg or pos). Though I didn't neg rep you in any of your recent posts, might be an older one, can't remember really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:52   #64
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

talking about rep is offtopic

stop it please.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:54   #65
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Your post was in reply to one from Gate. I believe Gate is in a position to confirm that the block exists - if he chooses to do so. Why do I believe this? Because my information is that the block has approached ND offering a nap to ND.

Sometimes what people DON'T say is more important than what they do say. In the case of Gate he denied that ND had been asked to join a faction to attack 1up - but didn't deny that the block exists or that they have approached ND offering a nap to ND. A nap between ND and the block - NOT with an individual alliance.

ND HC are currently deciding whether or not to accept the offer of a NAP.

There's something you can substantiate - if you so choose. Of course even if ND were to confirm it to you, you'd no doubt just tighten your blinkers and claim that they're only saying that because they were our allies last round.

Ultimately I get the feeling that no matter what I say you're just going to claim it's a lie - and demand proof, despite the fact that it's effectively impssible to prove ANYTHING in a post on AD.

Why am I willing to put ND HC on the spot like this - when I've chosen not to mention other alliances specifically? Because my source on this information isn't ND HC - so I'm breaking no confidences in making this post.

And no - it's not "my job" to prove anything. This is a discussion forum - not a forum dedicated to making formal proofs of things. And, as mentioned earlier, proving anything on AD is next to impossible - irc logs can be faked and everything else is just the poster's opinion. The nearest thing you'll get to proof is if people you respect confirm what I've said - and I've no idea who (if anyone) you respect.
I havent claimed you are telling lies, just that your manipulating the community by being very vaugue and then calling other people liars. If you are going to post something like this on the forums you should be justifying your claims rather than attempting to use your reputation to sway people and make them fine with any future blocking you do in responce. And yes information can be faked but atleast if its offered its up to the users to make up their mind on these 'facts' rather than deciding on whos reputation holds the most weight.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 12:54   #66
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Sometimes being the key word here Sid. I think it's stupid to always conclude if something is not denied then it must be true ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:01   #67
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

I have not read the thread. Just read sid's forums post from the 1up forum.

For your information. They are not only ganging up on 1up.
LCH are once again shooting after #7spot for getting 1st. Smart tactic.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:06   #68
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
My comment: It's not our way of life, it's our way of reacting to your blocking actions last round, the round before that, AND the round before that. We allied or napped with Exil last round, and before that 2 rounds with VSN. Is that a block? In your first 1up round you stated that anything bigger then 2 was a block i think i remember.

Your way of reacting to last round? i could dig up posts where it states that "LCH resets there politics each round". Clearly

As for the blocking, and it is blocking theres no 2 ways about it, i think its the sux but i do understand why its happened and if it disbands when the jobs done then maybe its a good thing for the round, if it doesnt, well, welcome to the last 3-4 rounds all over again! :xmas:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:12   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
I have not read the thread. Just read sid's forums post from the 1up forum.

For your information. They are not only ganging up on 1up.
LCH are once again shooting after #7spot for getting 1st. Smart tactic.
Ohh this is a funny one ... did little ND get incs and therefor conclude the world is against them yet again? Eventhough I'm the most inactive person wearing an HC tag atm, I don't think we'd concentrate on #7 unless #7 ofc decides to be the puppets of #1 once again ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:16   #70
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Your way of reacting to last round? i could dig up posts where it states that "LCH resets there politics each round". Clearly

As for the blocking, and it is blocking theres no 2 ways about it, i think its the sux but i do understand why its happened and if it disbands when the jobs done then maybe its a good thing for the round, if it doesnt, well, welcome to the last 3-4 rounds all over again! :xmas:
Wasn't ND actively involved in mass blocks for the last 3-4 rounds? Did they at one point left the block if the anihilation of a certain alliance was accomplished (as example I give you MISTU r12, with Angels BG being part of it at that time and also pulling away at #1 till 1up block hit them hard and they no longer were a valid #1 candidate ...).

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:18   #71
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
dammit, i like lowering the standards of grown up discussions about who negrepped who and why etc....

Point being, if you need to be fed it, complaining about negreps will most likely gain you more negreps. Whatever you may have written that they negrep is rather irrelevant. It may very well just be some 12 yo 1up-hater that would have negrepped you even if you were speaking positive about him. If that makes any sense?
it wasn't a complaint about the negrep. i was genuinely irritated by the fact someone chose to [and this was the reference to the negrep] deny the two most blatent fact ever posted on the board without any sort of justification or admission to who it was.

Anyone who disputes either of the things I said is just plain wrong.

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:19   #72
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Ohh this is a funny one ... did little ND get incs and therefor conclude the world is against them yet again? Eventhough I'm the most inactive person wearing an HC tag atm, I don't think we'd concentrate on #7 unless #7 ofc decides to be the puppets of #1 once again ...
ND started the round solo. ND are still solo. LCH do seem to have a habit of going for the easy option though.

As for proof, you have our co-ords, you can see who is roiding who.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:29   #73
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The only thing I'd conclude from that post is that Sprit doesnt know what he's talking about. Don't see any other ND members complaining about mass incs, do you?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:30   #74
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Indeedy as fish said, were completely solo, were puppets of no1 and we dont intend to be. Hell last round we were hardly puppets as towards the end i was finding the targets and giving 1up the lists.

And yes we were involved in blocking, mass? hardly, but yes we were.

But at least we have the gaul to sit here and play with our 50ish memberbase and see what we can do and im thoroughly enjoying it.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:32   #75
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

there are rumors that 1up napped Reunion pre-round ?!
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:34   #76
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
there are rumors that 1up napped Reunion pre-round ?!
I think I made the 1up pre round political policy pretty clear.

I'm not going to repeat so I'll let you go back further in the thread and re-read

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:38   #77
The_Fish
ND

Fact #1 - 1up has the best memberbase in the game.
Fact #2 - 1up is winning, by a long way, at this stage.
Fact #3 - rival alliances want to win this round.

To do this, they need to work together for a while. NO-ONE should criticise this, fair play to them, and good luck. A round stagnated after 500 ticks would SUCK
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:46   #78
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Its perfectly within the game rules to help overcome a common enemy, and surely everyone knows who 1up are 'blocked' with now?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:50   #79
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Its perfectly within the game rules to help overcome a common enemy, and surely everyone knows who 1up are 'blocked' with now?
So who are they blocked with?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:54   #80
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
The only thing I'd conclude from that post is that Sprit doesnt know what he's talking about. Don't see any other ND members complaining about mass incs, do you?
I think, to summarise from my PoV;

ND have had a lot of incs. Including some nights with more incs than we have had members in fact. However, we don't have conclusive proof that any alliance has singlehandedly been out for ND, and IMO, it's likely that we're getting some incs from 'HIL' as we're seen as 1up's allies and, for shame, we share some gals with them (or because of mistaken intel. HI JONAS ). Some incs from 1up because they like our roids, then lots of general incs purely for the roids. Combine this with the small size of the universe, and it makes perfect sense that with a smaller active core, everyone is likely to receive a greater number of incs than is normal for this stage in a round.

Spritfire was assuming this to be an LCH agenda; I'm assuming that it's generally part of the state of the game today, and partly because we have a lot of members in tasty roidfat gals. Hence why random ND members haven't complained about mass incs.

\o/

Last edited by Gate; 3 Aug 2005 at 14:01.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 13:55   #81
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
But at least we have the gaul to sit here and play with our 50ish memberbase and see what we can do and im thoroughly enjoying it.
What a pathetic low blow. We've been there, done that (and FAR more efficient then ND has) and who are you to judge these things if you merge mid-round nway ...

Soz lokken for going off-topic, but I had to reply to such blatant yet pathetic blow

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:09   #82
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
What a pathetic low blow. We've been there, done that (and FAR more efficient then ND has) and who are you to judge these things if you merge mid-round nway ...

Soz lokken for going off-topic, but I had to reply to such blatant yet pathetic blow

No need for the dig about ND. Relig never said we have done better or worse than any other alliance, he made no comparisons to previous alliances. All he said was we are enjoying playing with our core, and thats enough for us. No need for your reply tbh.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:11   #83
ReligFree

Hell i dont claim were world beaters, and tbh i highly doubt we'l get anywhere near LCH's position but im not bothered. Im enjoying the round with a good group of people and doing quite well personally so hey, yeah, im just happy happy happy.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:13   #84
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Quote:
Erm.

Quote:
Fact #1 - 1up has the best memberbase in the game.
Fact #2 - 1up is winning, by a long way, at this stage.
Fact #3 - rival alliances want to win this round.

To do this, they need to work together for a while. NO-ONE should criticise this, fair play to them, and good luck. A round stagnated after 500 ticks would SUCK
It is depressing to see 1up in the number one spot and so far ahead already. I agree with Fisheh in that seeing the round stagnated would really suck, but everybody knows a lot can happen in a short space of time in this game. To be honest, I don't see the justification in forming an uber-block with intentions that simply cannot be a temporary thing. If you can't beat 1up in a fair fight then you don't deserve to beat them through other, more dishonest means.

Good luck in taking themdown a peg I say, but ffs do it fairly.

Quote:
Ohh this is a funny one ... did little ND get incs and therefor conclude the world is against them yet again?
Considering your past history of dealing with incoming (stupidly declaring war on 1up, threatening your own galaxy with a big fat gangrape if one member didn't recall from an Angels planet last rd etc.) I don't really think you're in a position to make snide comments.

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:25   #85
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
Erm.
Considering your past history of dealing with incoming (stupidly declaring war on 1up.) I don't really think you're in a position to make snide comments.

Alot of people have made comments like this. But if you look at the whole of the round, the war declaration actually worked out just as wed hoped. Meaning that 1up and company did not bother us for the rest of the round. Thus allowing us to do what we wanted.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:31   #86
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Alot of people have made comments like this. But if you look at the whole of the round, the war declaration actually worked out just as wed hoped. Meaning that 1up and company did not bother us for the rest of the round. Thus allowing us to do what we wanted.
I really don't understand the logic behind this post. Can you help me?

If Angels hadn't declared war, 1up would have ignored EXilition and continued to hammer Angels?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:32   #87
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Whats one more fence to sit on between friends, eh?

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:35   #88
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Whats one more fence to sit on between friends, eh?

1up came to us for a truce, not vice versa.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:38   #89
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I really don't understand the logic behind this post. Can you help me?

If Angels hadn't declared war, 1up would have ignored EXilition and continued to hammer Angels?

Nah, I understand they were hitting us to get us away from the exi crew, so they could go back to hitting exi. What was achieved was that 1up did not bother us again all round.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:40   #90
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe ND share more galaxies with 1up than the rest of the alliances. It would be reasonable, since ND have been on friendly terms with 1up since i can remember. They probably have quite some buddy packs. And that would be the reason ND gets more incomings than usual, since 1up gals are being heavlily targetted lately.
Another thing worth noting, is that as a member, i haven't received any type of orders not to defend 1up galaxy mates. Also, LCH has been targetting whole gals this round, and not specific 1up coords, except once.
Plus LCH gals have also been under attack. Mine had incomings from Hydra.
That leads me to believe that if we are a block, we are quite pathetic at it .
I still think, given what i see, that there is cooperation going on, but not at block level.
I might be wrong of course, maybe people thinking i am 1up, given the 4-5 waves on me this morning .
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:48   #91
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
1up came to us for a truce, not vice versa.
No doubt thats exactly what we would do after handing you your asses on a plate after you declare war on us. And who says 1up aren't just the cuddliest, lovliest guys in town?

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:50   #92
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
Nah, I understand they were hitting us to get us away from the exi crew, so they could go back to hitting exi. What was achieved was that 1up did not bother us again all round.
You could have achieved that by not getting off the fence in the first place - which would have saved you a day of losing 25% roids. Let's looks at the 2 options:

1. Stay on the fence.
2. Get off the fence, join a block, attack 1up, get smacked silly, declare war, declare peace, get back on the fence.

I don't see how option 2 achieved anything better than option 1 would have.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:51   #93
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
Erm.

It is depressing to see 1up in the number one spot and so far ahead already. I agree with Fisheh in that seeing the round stagnated would really suck, but everybody knows a lot can happen in a short space of time in this game. To be honest, I don't see the justification in forming an uber-block with intentions that simply cannot be a temporary thing. If you can't beat 1up in a fair fight then you don't deserve to beat them through other, more dishonest means.

Good luck in taking themdown a peg I say, but ffs do it fairly.

Considering your past history of dealing with incoming (stupidly declaring war on 1up, threatening your own galaxy with a big fat gangrape if one member didn't recall from an Angels planet last rd etc.) I don't really think you're in a position to make snide comments.
Behe made that declaration post, I along with entire Angels HC said that is was NOT Angels policy.

I don't give a fk about galaxies, only the Angels in it. Have I ever made a secret about me putting alliance before galaxy at all means? No, I've always been fair and honnest and I will order attacks on my own galaxy if needed.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:58   #94
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You could have achieved that by not getting off the fence in the first place - which would have saved you a day of losing 25% roids. Let's looks at the 2 options:

1. Stay on the fence.
2. Get off the fence, join a block, attack 1up, get smacked silly, declare war, declare peace, get back on the fence.

I don't see how option 2 achieved anything better than option 1 would have.
You should reconsider the meaning of fencesitting m8. It's not like we napped the enemy, which is the essential thing that fencesitting galaxies and planets do.

You can blame us for "staying out of trouble for most of the round" at most Sid. I'm sure you mature enough not throw petty low blows cause of your personal arguements with a former Angels HC.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 14:59   #95
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
No doubt thats exactly what we would do after handing you your asses on a plate after you declare war on us. And who says 1up aren't just the cuddliest, lovliest guys in town?
I think you have it mixed up a little. You and 2 other alliances handed our asses to us before we declared war on you. And like has been said before, you needed other alliances to help you do it.

And Kj, I didnt make the war post on my own. It was discussed and decided by 3 of us.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:06   #96
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I think you have it mixed up a little. You and 2 other alliances handed our asses to us before we declared war on you. And like has been said before, you needed other alliances to help you do it.

And Kj, I didnt make the war post on my own. It was discussed and decided by 3 of us.

So you're essentially saying this:

We beat you up
You declared war on us
We begged for a truce
You very kindly accepted our wailing request not to hit us

mmmmmkay

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:07   #97
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
You should reconsider the meaning of fencesitting m8. It's not like we napped the enemy, which is the essential thing that fencesitting galaxies and planets do.

You can blame us for "staying out of trouble for most of the round" at most Sid. I'm sure you mature enough not throw petty low blows cause of your personal arguements with a former Angels HC.
Fair point. Replace "fence-sit" with "stay neutral" in my post: the point still stands.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:09   #98
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
you needed other alliances to help you do it.
And that is, without doubt, one of the most laughable remarks I've ever read on these forums. How to turn the most non black and white situation ever into the crappest bit of propoganda ever to be smeared accross AD*.

*And given the last few rounds thats an impressive bit of bullshit

Quote:
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:09   #99
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Maybe ND share more galaxies with 1up than the rest of the alliances. It would be reasonable, since ND have been on friendly terms with 1up since i can remember. They probably have quite some buddy packs.
If you'll think back to when the ND arby got leaked, it only had 6 1up in it, meaning that there are only 6 1up/ND gals in the uni at the most, and I know some of those 1up weren't bpd with ND either.

Quote:
Plus LCH gals have also been under attack. Mine had incomings from Hydra.
That leads me to believe that if we are a block, we are quite pathetic at it .
Yea, we share gals with Hydra, LCH, Insomnia and 1up... these gals tend to get quite fat on roids and be a sexy target for any of those 4 alliances without a member in there. So the poor innocent ND get caught in the crossfire.

Then since these alliances are capable of putting plenty of fleets in each target, it only takes a few ND-heavy gals to be hit and we're looking at nasty incs. So no bitching from ND.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:12   #100
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:

Indeed, Mazz is slightly mistaken over the order of events. Actual sequence was as follows:

1. Angels attack 1up as part of a coordinated attack on our block by the lch/exi block.
2. 1up and others from our block focus our attentions on Angels for 1 night.
3. Angels declare war on 1up.

There's no point rehashing old arguments over whether Angels were in the block or just coordinating attacks with them etc. The most amusing part (in my mind) remains the fact that you declared war AFTER you'd attacked us and we'd retaliated.