User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jul 2005, 14:14   #301
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: round 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
then here comes a real prediction
1: 1up
2: LCH
3: Insomnia
4: ToF
5: Hydra
6: Wolfpack
7: NoS
8: APA
9: ND
10: Reunion, VGN of Veneratio

If anybody doesn't agree with me, i simply don't care
I find it strange you have totally left out F-Crew in this list. I know its still fairly early in the round and that our average score is pretty low but we are in 7th atm arent exactly struggling to keep our top 10 position atm. Our average is lower because we have taken on players others in the top 13 wouldnt think of taking on but this doesnt make them bad players and most of them will come into their own as the round progress's, just as we saw last round where from half way on we really kicked off and gained a number of ranks. While obviously at this higher level gaining ranks like that is probally out of the question we should be able to hold our own with those in the lower 3rd of the top 10
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 14:45   #302
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I find it strange you have totally left out F-Crew in this list. I know its still fairly early in the round and that our average score is pretty low but we are in 7th atm arent exactly struggling to keep our top 10 position atm. Our average is lower because we have taken on players others in the top 13 wouldnt think of taking on but this doesnt make them bad players and most of them will come into their own as the round progress's, just as we saw last round where from half way on we really kicked off and gained a number of ranks. While obviously at this higher level gaining ranks like that is probally out of the question we should be able to hold our own with those in the lower 3rd of the top 10
I think a general feeling is that in the past few rounds, F-Crew have been willing to show a longer term engagement to teaching players than most alliances have, and due to time and resources spent on this, you won't be able to keep up with the likes of NoS, Vengeance etc who have a more close knit organisation and are expected to get into a more efficient roiding pattern as the round goes on and the quality of the alliance's memberbase comes into play.

I'm not trying to insult F-Crew at all, you do a great service for the game and ND have even tried to mirror the idea of accepting people with little experience of the current game in order to train them up (and hopefully get committed, long term, quality players instead of mercenaries). I'm just trying to justify veedeejem's prediction (which I actually kinda agree with)

That said, I would expect to see Hydra above WP/ToF, and I would expect to see APA perhaps ending up behind Reunion, should Reunion manage to stay out of any major wars that could slow them down!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 15:18   #303
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

1: 1up
2: LCH
3: Insomnia
4: Hydra
5: ND
6: ToF
7: Reunion
8: Wolfpack
9: NoS
10: APA
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 16:39   #304
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I would be surprised to see F-Crew finish in the top 10. Pleasantly surprised, and not amazed as I once would have been, but surprised nonetheless
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 18:15   #305
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't mean to insult f-crew or anything, but i still predict u won't finish in t10.
It's up to you guys to prove me wrong

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 18:46   #306
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Heh it will be a challenge but one we will certainly meet with our collective mental problems. I think we have a good crop of willing and keen new players already and hopefully even more will come along as the round progresses. I think a 8-12th place is very realistic and i believe we can stick it out in the top 10. Just because i believe our world is a play thing for a race of Intergalactic dancing popadoms shouldnt make that any less credible
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 19:37   #307
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

1. 1up
2. LCH
3. Hydra
4. Wolfpack
5. Insomnia
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 14:03   #308
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I think a general feeling is that in the past few rounds, F-Crew have been willing to show a longer term engagement to teaching players than most alliances have, and due to time and resources spent on this, you won't be able to keep up with the likes of NoS, Vengeance etc who have a more close knit organisation and are expected to get into a more efficient roiding pattern as the round goes on and the quality of the alliance's memberbase comes into play.

I'm not trying to insult F-Crew at all, you do a great service for the game and ND have even tried to mirror the idea of accepting people with little experience of the current game in order to train them up (and hopefully get committed, long term, quality players instead of mercenaries). I'm just trying to justify veedeejem's prediction (which I actually kinda agree with)

That said, I would expect to see Hydra above WP/ToF, and I would expect to see APA perhaps ending up behind Reunion, should Reunion manage to stay out of any major wars that could slow them down!
While its true that we do focus somewhats on training new players I dont think that means we are any less close knit or have any less potential growth than those considered more elite. Infact the very nature of a training alliance means it has more potential to improve when it comes to roiding/growth than any of the ore elite based ones. After all when someone like 1up takes a member they are already well on the way to being the finsihed article and their room for improvement is much less and thus much slower and harder,. However most players whom join us have an awful lot to learn, they will make a slow start, will probally lag behind a bit as they find their way and really dont get into their stride till around half way.

I myself am as shocked as anyone to see F-Crew hanging around the top 10 , not because I dont think we should be there or have the ability to be there but rather that we are anywhere close at this point in the round. Every round theres been rankings we have started much lower than we have ended and havent kicked on until the midround point, in fact last round we were pushing to actually get in the top 20 at the half way point and were a good few tens of millions (cant reall exactly but was certainly getting onto the 60mill mark, if not more) behind the alliances we felt we should ahve been competing with (coven and apa) and we came storming through the rankings as our members hit a point where they were able to pull of attacks well and where we were able to start hitting top 25 galaxies where a good attack meant big rewards. In the end we finsihed above coven by almost 40mill, behind APA by just 10mill (not to mention both us and APA were catching VGN at a pretty good rate, a few more weeks of the round and their place would have been under threat) and we finsihed in a healthy 15th spot . Now from around 22nd to 15th in half a round shows the ability a raining alliance has once it has had enough time to get its green players to a half decent level. I would also like to point out that anyone checking the daily roid gains of alliances in the second half of the round would have seen F-Crew constantly in the top 10, on galaxies as i said before were often top 25

We are basically 10 places ahead of where we expected at this point, we are also about 4 places above where we expected to climb to and we havent kicked into stride yet and its this fact which wont see is dissappear from the race any time soon. Will we end top 10, I dont know maybe not as i expect ND and HR to have something to say about it and maybe Reunion but I dont see us being overwhelmed by those 3 and APA, Veneratio and VgN and expect us to be battling hard with that group for the final couple of top10 places
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 14:49   #309
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure there's room for both ND and F-Crew in the top 10
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:05   #310
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I'm sure there's room for both ND and F-Crew in the top 10
Hopefully although this weekend did show F-Crew's one potential problem. While APA recruited a whole host of new players around their avg score, F-Crew saw a 200k player who joined us last round move onto Wolfpack for the next step and we also kicked out around 400k of those whom werent showing any intention of wanting to learn or help others. These people were replaced with players whom combined struggled to meet our average.

Hopefully though these some of these replacements will show more willingness to be helped and should quickly become bigger than the players we removed and thus should help us as the game goes on
The Farnborough Crew