User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jun 2005, 18:40   #51
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: "Fake defend" -button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Good fake defence will pull about 5 minutes before the attacker lands, and a brave attacker will be there to see if the def is pulled, and there is still a chance to land it - but if there is a fake defence mission, there will be no need for defenders to pull early, meaning even the brave attackers will end up recalling.

I agree there should be more incentive to send defence fleets, and maybe make attacking a bit less easy, but let's not make it impossible.
What about making the fake defence button recall the defence fleet say 10 minutes before?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 19:21   #52
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

If that's possible it could work...that does make attacking a lot harder, and requires more activity (ie. being online just before it launches). Yeah, if that can be done it's a good idea

I like to jgp at eta 4 though and sleep through landing, I'm not a brave attacker
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 06:23   #53
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
What about making the fake defence button recall the defence fleet say 10 minutes before?
This is an excellent idea.

Attackers who cba to follow their attack all the way through to eta 1 (lo Loz ) will still be susecptable to recalling due to fake defence. Attackers who are willing to take the additional 4 hours to wait and see will be rewarded more often. Edit: Potentially at the greater risk of being fleetcaught \o/

This is an excellent compromise i reckon.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 11:07   #54
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

no it's not at all really... as then fake defence is still an easy way out for an inactive defender and imo an attacker in a wargame should get the benefit of the doubt so to say. this basically means there is no penalty whatsoever for fake defending and it would be WAY too powerfull. The best thing that could be done is remove both of em or make a REAL penalty for using either one. let's say eta 10+ normal eta back or whatever so people really can't use the slot anymore. it's not the attackers fault someone is inactive it's not right that some inactive souls can always ruin the opportunity for roids for active people just cuz they can send some fake defence.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 11:09   #55
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

just read the fleetcatch part aswell. with the fake defence part you make it already harder for attackers. and now indeed you increase the risk of being fleetcaught aswell?
I don't see any logic reasoning to implement this kind of option at all.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 11:14   #56
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
The best thing that could be done is remove both of em or make a REAL penalty for using either one.

Yes. In my opinion too, it's either one or none.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 20:29   #57
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Yes. In my opinion too, it's either one or none.
Just to clarify - you mean both or none, right?
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 16:41   #58
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Players use fake defence all the time, I have lost count of the number of times I have faked 12k beetle with my spiders/pods, as the beetles were out defending elsewhere.

However as has been said it relies on the player being active at the landing tick, or his ships die.

Adding the ability to send "Fake Defence" ala the Fake Attack option is not a good idea, it will allow for easier use of the fake option and make life very easy for alliances to cover incoming using that fake option.

So in my opinion (for what it is worth) I would be against this option even as a defensive type player it just makes things too easy for the defenders, and makes attacking extremely hard.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote