User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 May 2005, 17:30   #51
Kushan
[VsN]

Kushan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What is happening with WP?

Exciting finish to the round isnt it. nice hidden twists.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:42   #52
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
I would like to take this moment to say well done to all alliances who managed to keep members motivated and interested in the game despite being involved in the 'wars' most of the round. These alliances fought nail an tooth for majority of round and are to be applauded for that alone, regardless of rank. These include:

1up
LCH
Exilition
Howling Rain
SiNND
I'd add ToT and LCH to that list too, though neither have had it quite as solid as 1up/eXi/SiNND for as long, as far as I can see.

ToT had a very bumpy ride early in the round but they just kept coming back, and coming back, and coming back... LCH could have been killed off when they lost roids for a week running too, but they bounced back impressively.

The best applause must go to eXilition though IMO, their morale and commitment has been absolutely amazing. I wish more of our memberbase was like that.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:04   #53
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
The best applause must go to eXilition though IMO, their morale and commitment has been absolutely amazing. I wish more of our memberbase was like that.
I applaude Angels for bouncing back so well after that big drop in roids when they joined the LCHEAT block.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:15   #54
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Oi Gate, LCH is on the list already
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:22   #55
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Oi Gate, LCH is on the list already
apparently gate knows of another LCH =/
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:38   #56
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
To add to BaSSe's post I should mention the fact that back around r4 PA, I took a trip to romania where Mano, k3rrigan, rain, and the rest of them live. They do almost all of their internet business in internet cafe's because home internet was crazy expensive. There are like 5-10 of these in there town and each little clique has there own place they go to all of the time whether it be cause some of them work there or whatever. If these are the guys that alot of this propaganda is based around then I am even more against it, because pretty much flat out I know they don't cheat. I spent an entire round of PA there and even a couple months more so I know these guys really well.

Also I think that putting restrictions on people just because they play from the same net cafe is pretty stupid. Back in r2 when I played from work and about 5 other people I worked with played, there were many times I'd be under attack and walk across the room to a buddy and say "Hey man I need defense cause I'm under attack." So I would get defense and that would be that. If you contacted me back then and said that I wasn't allowed to do this anymore then I wouldn't be playing pa anymore because that is 100% not fair.

They pay to play, and for you to tell them they are restricted to not being allowed to interact with one another because they play from the same net cafe is not right any way you look at it.
Somethings comes to my mind, how can they be as active as ex claims when they play from internet cafes? Are the internet cafes down there open 24/7?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:40   #57
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Somethings comes to my mind, how can they be as active as ex claims when they play from internet cafes? Are the internet cafes down there open 24/7?
Do they sleep at the internet cafes? or do they wake up at 3am, go to the internet cafe, get back to bed at around 4, get called again etc. as they have said they are woken up 3 times a night
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:42   #58
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Do they sleep at the internet cafes? or do they wake up at 3am, go to the internet cafe, get back to bed at around 4, get called again etc. as they have said they are woken up 3 times a night
Thats exactly what i thought about...

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:49   #59
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

umm for those that dont know, i finished top 100 round 9.5 with NO internet acces at all in my house. I played from uni/internet cafes all round and on many occasions i would wake up at 3am and walk the half a mile to the 24/7 internet cafe to launch etc defend. It is possible and can be done Kila/gate( although pretty expensive lol)
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:55   #60
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Now that really is dedication!
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:59   #61
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Now that really is dedication!
nope, its jsut an idiot named Rinoa
Unread 26 May 2005, 19:51   #62
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

I dont know what some of you are bitching about. This round is far far more unpredictable and enjoyable than the PA of old that I come from. All you had to look forward to then was which Legion member was going to win and how many times a week the ticker was going to crash.

Take the word of an oldtimer, this version of PA is far far better than it used to be.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 20:02   #63
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I applaude Angels for bouncing back so well after that big drop in roids when they joined the LCHEAT block.
Didnt you know, no matter what Angels do you can guarantee that we wont get applause and we wont get respect from AD, although ofcourse AD is all lies and manipulation
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 20:06   #64
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
2) Angels - Fencesat their way towards the top, huge recruiting to attempt to win the round
Now this is something I've been wondering about. First you're all pissed at us and accusing us of blocking. Then when it turns out we weren't and that we were just about the only alliance to be truthful about our policys you start to bad-mouth us for not blocking i.e. for fencing. Now did you want us to add to the offencive force of your opposition and help kill you off or is this just you being pissed we didn't work to help your side get another victory? Should we perhaps have done our best to secure a victory for exilition instead? Or should we be looking at the situation from what is most beneficial to Angels?

ps. I might not be paying much attention, but afaik the only big player I noticed we've recruited is Keizari, who for that matter is a rather nice chap and I hear MacT is rather pissed off he failed to get him for himself. I suppose we were expected to turn him down when he wanted to join? Yes, would have made sence wouldn't it?
Unread 26 May 2005, 21:25   #65
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes these internet cafe's are open 24/7 and I remember many nights that I left at 10am in the morning after being there all night and alot of the previous day. (that is if I woke up that previous day lol)

As for getting up and walking to the cafe yes this does happen, I did that as well but during the day since I never developed a good schedule away from my american time zone. Now also if you really don't want to do that you can get on from the home but it costs more. I did that as well when I had to.

Also where mano works at the internet cafe you can usually find him there. While I was there the man usually had people run to the bar to get him some beer so he didn't have to leave himself lol.

One thing I can also say about Romanians is when it comes to planetarion they mean business. If winning means they aren't going to sleep then they don't sleep hehe.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 21:27   #66
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
oh dear lord stein, he said round 4
Unread 26 May 2005, 21:40   #67
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
It is possible and can be done Kila/gate( although pretty expensive lol)
I didn't say anything about internet cafés, I just complimented eXi on their overall activity without even mentioning them

When I was in Barcelona earlier in the round, the internet cafe didn't open until 9. Basically, bye bye fleet.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 22:08   #68
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
Now this is something I've been wondering about. First you're all pissed at us and accusing us of blocking. Then when it turns out we weren't and that we were just about the only alliance to be truthful about our policys you start to bad-mouth us for not blocking i.e. for fencing.
I have no problem with blocking, I have said on many times blocking is good. Overblocking is not good, FAnG 10.5 style. I have never complained at Angels for blocking, I found it hilarious, at the way it was handled, but I thought it was a good move.

The thing that bugs me is that it is so successful. Next round, despite fighting long and hard rounds, alliances like SiNND, LCH and 1up will be over targetted again. Alliances like NoS and Angels who havent offended anyone will have an easier ride again. It shouldn't be like this.
Unread 26 May 2005, 22:09   #69
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Didnt you know, no matter what Angels do you can guarantee that we wont get applause and we wont get respect from AD, although ofcourse AD is all lies and manipulation
Bullshit tbh. If Angels declared war on Exi and tried to win the round, even if they failed, a lot of applause would head their way.

However, they won't do this.
Unread 26 May 2005, 22:18   #70
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bullshit tbh. If Angels declared war on Exi and tried to win the round, even if they failed, a lot of applause would head their way.

Maybe they are afraid of winning?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 22:40   #71
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yes, yes your right, we are utterly scared of winning so scared that we might even mass vacation mode. Thanks for clearing this whole situation Zhukov, pos rep for you!
Unread 26 May 2005, 23:21   #72
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I think we should wait to see what happens with hydra before we say they don't plan on winning. As I see it all it takes is to recruit the remainder of the hydra group and they pass us. But I guess we will see it if it happens.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 23:40   #73
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

*Sigh* Everybody just loves NoS dont they.
Unread 26 May 2005, 23:52   #74
Alki
Drink is Good

feeling a bit horny today? hohohoho
Unread 27 May 2005, 00:00   #75
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Boom Boom...
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:21   #76
helikopter

helikopter can only hope to improve

It is common knowledge that there won't be any war between angels and eXilition. It would only disturb the plans of both alliances to finish top 1&2. At this point of the round the only way to gain score is to recruit new players. Alternatively top players could be fleetcaught, but that's rather hard to organize and would automatically mean widespread retals and an all out war. So it seems we'll see some rather interesting new shijumping recruits in both alliances before the round is finished. This version of an arms race will most likely decide the winner of this round - eXilition or angels.
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:45   #77
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Lets just agree that Angels finished 2nd, regardless. And EXi came top. I want to see a war, purely out of curiosity, and then you can return to your precious little nap next round.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:31   #78
Alki
Drink is Good

this thread makes me smile
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:42   #79
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Lets just agree that Angels finished 2nd, regardless. And EXi came top. I want to see a war, purely out of curiosity, and then you can return to your precious little nap next round.
Lets just say that I would find it amusing, if that did work. Wich it will not, regardless.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:51   #80
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing against ending #2, if we had deserved ending #1 more than eX, then i would be pissed. But eX deserve the #1 spot, they fought long and hard, lost many roids and came back every single time. And they never lost the #1 rank in avg score, even when massively under attack.
Unread 27 May 2005, 17:32   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The only thing I'll mention for this entire Angels/Exilition business.

It was believed that Eclipse/ToT would lose the war with Elysium/Wolfpack in r9. We were extremely outnumbered and Ely/WP also had the ability to call upon VVOMM and NAR (the remnants at least.)

Yet somehow, we won.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 17:38   #82
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Yet somehow, we won.
Didnt surprise me at all.

1) The lack of quality in Wolfpack
2) Parts of Ely wasnt up for it
3) Galaxy setup
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 27 May 2005, 17:58   #83
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

It was believed that Eclipse/ToT would lose the war with Elysium/Wolfpack in r9. We were extremely outnumbered and Ely/WP also had the ability to call upon VVOMM and NAR (the remnants at least.)

Yet somehow, we won.
Err...

Not to troll or anything, but you may want to re-check that. VVOMM gave us regular incs {when I was in wp...} NAR we didn't see much of... and as you put it... there wasn't much left of them anyhoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Heh... I'll beg to differ there too. There were some damned decent players kicking around in WP way back when... Greenhills comes to mind off the start... and believe me, WP despite going up against the hardened core of ET.... we still put up a decent fight despite 'ely not up for it' and if I recall correctly, we caused a bit of grief to a few of their members.

Good times nonetheless though
Unread 28 May 2005, 01:21   #84
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Greenhills who?

You were fighting PA veterans with years of experience, people who sure wasnt afraid of getting some incomings.
And it didnt take long before WP members were trying to shipjump to try to save their own planet.
Unread 28 May 2005, 08:29   #85
The_Fish
ND

Half of the WP memberbase tried to jump ship to save themselves, the other half stayed at fought, The reason they were owned so easily was because of the ****s jumping ship.
Unread 28 May 2005, 13:56   #86
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Yet somehow, we won.
What are you smoking? It was common knowledge what way that'd swing. Owage tried to swing it for WE before our numeral advantage would become irrelevant but the WE command chickened out. Had the war started when we(Owage) wanted it to we'd of taken it. As it didn't the outcome was obvious.
Unread 28 May 2005, 14:00   #87
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Gonna specify that a bit for you:
Lack of quality in WolfPack outside of Dragons BG/Owage.
I belive Dragons held something like 80% of the WE top100 planets before the WE vs. ET war. It's been a while since I've discussed these events with anyone so I'm a bit rusty on the numbers :/
Unread 28 May 2005, 21:00   #88
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
What are you smoking? It was common knowledge what way that'd swing. Owage tried to swing it for WE before our numeral advantage would become irrelevant but the WE command chickened out. Had the war started when we(Owage) wanted it to we'd of taken it. As it didn't the outcome was obvious.
Eclipse High Command wasn't quite as confident in the result of Eclipse/ToT vs WP/Ely + peons at the time. We were quite hated by the universe. Anyway, the VVOMM in my own cluster actually helped me out (despite past history - lo Fred) so after the first two nights it was pretty obvious Eclipse/ToT were actually winning comfortably. I was always rather pessimistic about the entire thing.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2005, 07:48   #89
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Greenhills who?

You were fighting PA veterans with years of experience, people who sure wasnt afraid of getting some incomings.
And it didnt take long before WP members were trying to shipjump to try to save their own planet.

Let's try getting off the high horse a bit here zhukov

Whether you knew the guy by name or not, he had his place in the top lot of people for a while. Dragons... I don't care about. Never have cared about. And probably never will.

Speaking as one of the few active DCs at the time ... Dragons. Were. Moochers. Simply said. Anyone who wants to say otherwise, I'll give you a nice list of people who actually gave ships and were on during needed times. Dragons had this nasty habit of needing sleep. Jurgen, Liz, and all them. This isn't meant to troll, but I'm simply stating things the way they were.

And, let's put things another way. Eclipse/ToT may have beaten us down, but, I'll say right now that those of us that stayed around put up a damned decent fight despite the 'years of veterans' that none of the wp players apparently had {FYI... eclipse/tot players aren't the only ones who have been around R2+ }

And I'll agree dragons had this nasty habit of ship jumping {amongst other things} But don't claim yourselves all high and mighty. Ecl def dept methinks needed a little more training at the time. Examples provided upon request in PM if ya want (For future reference, covering for BS while the incoming was frigs. )

Don't be bashing meh old mates I lubbed wp back in those days
Unread 29 May 2005, 08:47   #90
The_Fish
ND

TBH, there werent many dragons who shipjumped, MacTanzu and there was one other who I can think of who did, but I cant remember his name. The only reason they shipjumped was for their gal to have no conflicts of interest. Most stayed and fought tbh, like myself.

A lot more of the shipjumpers were WPers
Unread 29 May 2005, 17:16   #91
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

My mistake. They just went completely inactive then or quit outright. Either way, dragons still weren't giving me many freakin def ships =p
Unread 29 May 2005, 21:31   #92
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Let's try getting off the high horse a bit here zhukov

Whether you knew the guy by name or not, he had his place in the top lot of people for a while. Dragons... I don't care about. Never have cared about. And probably never will.

Speaking as one of the few active DCs at the time ... Dragons. Were. Moochers. Simply said. Anyone who wants to say otherwise, I'll give you a nice list of people who actually gave ships and were on during needed times. Dragons had this nasty habit of needing sleep. Jurgen, Liz, and all them. This isn't meant to troll, but I'm simply stating things the way they were.

And, let's put things another way. Eclipse/ToT may have beaten us down, but, I'll say right now that those of us that stayed around put up a damned decent fight despite the 'years of veterans' that none of the wp players apparently had {FYI... eclipse/tot players aren't the only ones who have been around R2+ }

And I'll agree dragons had this nasty habit of ship jumping {amongst other things} But don't claim yourselves all high and mighty. Ecl def dept methinks needed a little more training at the time. Examples provided upon request in PM if ya want (For future reference, covering for BS while the incoming was frigs. )

Don't be bashing meh old mates I lubbed wp back in those days
WP had some players who had been around, but not the to the level of specialy eclipse. Not only had the eclipse people been around, but they have played on a different level and been together for a long time (Im speaking about the core galaxies filled with ex-fury folks).
On top of that was the nice way Eclipse (and ToT) had constructed the galaxies, controlling many of them, leaving the road to shipjumping short for WP/Ely members in those galaxies.

Im not on a high horse, Im merely citing facts.

For the rest of what you wrote, I reply when I understand what you have been trying to tell me.
Unread 30 May 2005, 03:07   #93
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Zhuk:

Meh, you can call it facts if you want. Eclipse, like everyone else had their weaknesses. They weren't PA gods, and I was commenting on your attempts at making the ex-fury folk sound like the best thing since sliced bread {hence the high horse comment =p}

The stuff about dragons being semi-useless and the ship-jumping of earlier posts wasn't meant at you specifically. I probably shoulda clarified =/ Whoopsy
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:08   #94
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Zhuk:

Meh, you can call it facts if you want. Eclipse, like everyone else had their weaknesses. They weren't PA gods, and I was commenting on your attempts at making the ex-fury folk sound like the best thing since sliced bread {hence the high horse comment =p}
How good you are is realative to the ones your facing in battle. I have never been Fury or Eclipse, nor have I ever been a friend of them (quite the oposite in fact heh).
But I belive that Eclipse (even if they had weak points, like there is somone who doesnt) were far better in gener than Wolfpack. And that they could take a fight, sustain it without chickening out or shipjumping. Some of the ex-fury people in Eclipse had been members of Fury in r4 when they were in far deeper shit for far longer than they were in the fight against WP/Ely. Bascily Im saying that some of them had seen far worse, and thus had valuable experience in facing heavy incoming.
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:26   #95
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

I'll agree with most of that now... I'm sure many of them had seen the heavier side of PA life here... But I think there are eclipse people who would jump ship about as much as anyone else.

But, hypothetical situation here... as it's been established that VVOMM and NAR weren't the most useful of all people at the time, say there was another force around that could whack eclipse/tot as bad as they were whacking wp/ely. Do you honestly think that Eclipse were all so ... close-knit that they wouldn't jump-ship if they were losing? I somehow doubt it tbh =/
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:28   #96
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would like to take this moment to say well done to all alliances who managed to keep members motivated and interested in the game despite being involved in the 'wars' most of the round. These alliances fought nail an tooth for majority of round and are to be applauded for that alone, regardless of rank. These include:

1up
LCH
Exilition
Howling Rain
SiNND
agreed.

Got a funny feeling there will be a lot less planetarion players next round after this one though :/

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:31   #97
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02

Got a funny feeling there will be a lot less planetarion players next round after this one though :/
interesting, what makes u say that? in every round a few alliances are badly bashed, and as far as i know since PAX, the number of paying PA players has stayed fairly constant.
SimbaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:38   #98
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
I'll agree with most of that now... I'm sure many of them had seen the heavier side of PA life here... But I think there are eclipse people who would jump ship about as much as anyone else.

But, hypothetical situation here... as it's been established that VVOMM and NAR weren't the most useful of all people at the time, say there was another force around that could whack eclipse/tot as bad as they were whacking wp/ely. Do you honestly think that Eclipse were all so ... close-knit that they wouldn't jump-ship if they were losing? I somehow doubt it tbh =/
There would probably have been some shipjumping if the war would be lost, but not among the main Eclipse/ToT galaxies, as the inner justice would be quite strict there. I dont see people from Mercury & Solace shipjumping becouse they are loosing one round.
Galaxy setup is always underestimated.
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:56   #99
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
There would probably have been some shipjumping if the war would be lost, but not among the main Eclipse/ToT galaxies, as the inner justice would be quite strict there. I dont see people from Mercury & Solace shipjumping becouse they are loosing one round.
Galaxy setup is always underestimated.

Yeah... galaxy setup was important when it was in effect. But exactly how do you propose 'inner' justice exactly? Not reporting def calls? in that situation, if Ecl/Tot is losing anyways... Whatever damage they do is just countered and gained upon by the winning side. {Example being 1up... they did a fair amount of damage to various groups, but they got whacked by the LCH/ToT/etc block even harder.} I maybe wrong, but I don't recall in-gal attacking being an option as well. What ingal justice are you suggesting could happen?

I've seen groups of people stick around and say "no way would I ship jump etc" and then once they don't get defence a fair amount due to a sheer volume of incoming... oh look. They've just gone to join exilition (lo hude). But... the examples of mercury/solace... truthfully, I don't know all that much about them, who composed them, stuff like that... So, if you say they wouldn't ship-jump... okee I'll believe ya. Perhaps they're clean... but ... I really don't think all of eclipse was like that. A twisted example in this would be mistu. Although the forming of Mistu wasn't ship jumping, it did depict a disliking of Ecl considering the number of members who were poached from Ecl at the time.

I maybe completely missing the point here mind you. If I am, let meh know =p
Unread 30 May 2005, 20:03   #100
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah... galaxy setup was important when it was in effect. But exactly how do you propose 'inner' justice exactly? Not reporting def calls? in that situation, if Ecl/Tot is losing anyways... Whatever damage they do is just countered and gained upon by the winning side. {Example being 1up... they did a fair amount of damage to various groups, but they got whacked by the LCH/ToT/etc block even harder.} I maybe wrong, but I don't recall in-gal attacking being an option as well. What ingal justice are you suggesting could happen?

I've seen groups of people stick around and say "no way would I ship jump etc" and then once they don't get defence a fair amount due to a sheer volume of incoming... oh look. They've just gone to join exilition (lo hude). But... the examples of mercury/solace... truthfully, I don't know all that much about them, who composed them, stuff like that... So, if you say they wouldn't ship-jump... okee I'll believe ya. Perhaps they're clean... but ... I really don't think all of eclipse was like that. A twisted example in this would be mistu. Although the forming of Mistu wasn't ship jumping, it did depict a disliking of Ecl considering the number of members who were poached from Ecl at the time.

I maybe completely missing the point here mind you. If I am, let meh know =p
The idea is that some people don't shipjump and eclipse/tot had more of those than wp did at that time. A huge number of those guys had played together for literally years and were not the sort to leave their alliance just because it meant their planets might finish a hundred places lower down the rankings.