User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 May 2005, 07:42   #51
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
Re: is the future of PA in question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
not really your past actions are thingsyou have done in the past. I was a wanker of a hc and now i am not. Does that mean i am still a wanker? I don't think so, but i am sure some here believe that to be true.

Your past actions are things you say or do in a given situation. Your reaction can be right or wrong, If you judge people on there past actions then you are an ass. I judge people on there merits. Everyone makes mistakes, some make bigger ones than others, but you cannot hold that person accountabe for some discretions years ago. Thats just plain silly.
So basicly, this hour im cool, next hour im an ass?
Sure you dont want to rejugde it?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 07:53   #52
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
So basicly, this hour im cool, next hour im an ass?
Sure you dont want to rejugde it?
see now your taking an extreme which is again silly. d3coy admitted to cheating 2 years ago. hardly an hour is it.

you cannot be held accountable for your past actions forever. have you ever made mistakes and corrected them? do people hold you accountable for that forever and a day? no, so why do it online?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 22 May 2005 at 08:14.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 08:35   #53
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
not really your past actions are thingsyou have done in the past. I was a wanker of a hc and now i am not. Does that mean i am still a wanker? I don't think so, but i am sure some here believe that to be true.

Your past actions are things you say or do in a given situation. Your reaction can be right or wrong, If you judge people on those past actions then you are an ass. I judge people on their merits. Everyone makes mistakes, some make bigger ones than others, but you cannot hold that person accountable for some discretions years ago. Thats just plain silly.
I agree that it is unwise to judge based solely on past actions, however, you must factor them in when illustrating a person, or a scenario...think thats always wise... just my opinion ofcoarse
Unread 22 May 2005, 08:38   #54
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
I agree that it is unwise to judge based solely on past actions, however, you must factor them in when illustrating a person, or a scenario...think thats always wise... just my opinion ofcoarse
but thast what you are ding with d3coy and Exil. Because if it was on current actions and there was a shred of truth to mass cheating then more than a few would have been closed by now. Thats my opinion.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 22 May 2005, 10:11   #55
D3coy`

D3coy` can only hope to improve

Let's remember round 3-4 of **********, wich took place about 2 years ago

I remember a HUGE block came there from PA after it got payed: [ROCK], Virus, Vengeance and DH members in it.
They invades SS and from the first minute fight SS oldies as S_eX, DeMM, SD
(If you remember those)
I was BC at that time. A very interesting moment is - i planned a massive strike on 3 top galaxies, all our OLD alliances merge into 1 BG for it.

We faked 2 close to top3 enemy galaxies(20 players per galaxy) each planet with 2 fleets, and attacked full power top1,2,3.

That's around 100x2+ fleets lets say 225.

And guess what? ALL PLANETS were covered with around 3-5 def fleets, i repeat ALL!
And guess what more? WE GOT RETALL
That's about 100x5 = 500 fleets minimum + retall.

How come all those members send defence if a IRC PUBS of all those Alliances, wich got attacked, together have had HARDLY 300 peers online?!

It is possible in PA, but not for that time SS, where all ship classes fought ALL ships classes.

And i remember MANY nicks of those enemies, wich i can see now.

So let's just ban around 1/3 of PA community because they multi some stupid game against lame multi enemies long long ago?

I belive we grew up of that. Maybe someone didn't, or is at the age we were those days.

Last edited by D3coy`; 22 May 2005 at 10:30.
D3coy` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 11:04   #56
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

didn't have a 100 planet cap then if I remember right
Unread 22 May 2005, 11:42   #57
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3coy`
~Crap~

So let's just ban around 1/3 of PA community because they multi some stupid game against lame multi enemies long long ago?
But Dragons getting closed wasnt long ago

Has somone taken a baseball bat to the logic part of your brain?
Unread 22 May 2005, 11:48   #58
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

screwed the post up, my bad....delete this particular post please Lok
Unread 22 May 2005, 12:01   #59
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

its a shame really but seems pa team have to say one way or another. either yes they allow vnc or no its banned. something like port scans on login, as for the people that say they use it to login from work. tough these games are about activity. if you cant get on to pa because of work then tough. this is a case where people will have to take that consequence because of the cheating going on.
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 12:23   #60
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
i can honestly say i have only ever known a few people as active as d3coy, daku and subo and valvalis come to mind, but not many can beat this guy for being online and irc active. I think although d3coy said it rather badly he has a point.

Too many are coming to these forums and spreading mallicious rumours of cheating. Some even possibly believe it, but at the end of the day the lack of closures does vindicate them somewhat.

For th elove of god just get on with playing the game... PLEASE!
daku was closed and deleted along with most of his gal in r7.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 14:47   #61
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
daku was closed and deleted along with most of his gal in r7.
yeah but rund 9 he was online 24 hours a day - i know becuase we had chats at stupid hours .

Herein lies the probem though. People remember the worst, and judge them on it.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 22 May 2005, 16:36   #62
GonZo
it never got weird enough

GonZo will become famous soon enoughGonZo will become famous soon enough

individuals making accusations are yet to present evidence of mass use of VNC and account sharing...
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 18:40   #63
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Does ND always take into account past actions? Didn't we let in TehProphet a few rounds ago (or was it last round)? Wasn't he infamous for some reason to do with cheating?
Unread 22 May 2005, 18:58   #64
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

he is infamous for cheating yes, in spectacular fashion.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=176543
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177101
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=179744
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=178404

four of the relevent threads for you to read and enjoy at what he got up to.
And yes, he was in fang too, which makes http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...2&postcount=33 all the funnier

You know im surprised exilition havent recruited him and killmark yet. They seem to adore cheaters, as well as become them.
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 19:29   #65
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Ive read all of this before. Everyone knows the situation, everyone has different opinions on it that will not change (unless something happens). Im sure that the effects of any cheating would be catastrophic. There is nothing I or anyone else can do about it until a solution is found. But the arguing can carry on 24/7, but won't make a lot of difference.

Im not saying this to be contraversial, im stating my opinion. There hasnt been a lot of talk about the war lately. I personally urge people to concentrate on that until a solution is found and/or sufficient evidence is gained.

You're talking about it ruining the game, well from where im sitting, its already started to ruin it.

There's a war on ffs
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:24   #66
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I doubt that there is any more cheating in the current round than there has been in most past rounds. Claiming that the current situation is worse is patently absurd.

If you're sure someone is cheating, you know what to do about it - make sure they don't win. Beating an enemy who cheated is more satisfying than a regular victory anyway
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:42   #67
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I doubt that there is any more cheating in the current round than there has been in most past rounds. Claiming that the current situation is worse is patently absurd.
That's what I tried to illustrate at the beginning of the thread. =]
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 21:53   #68
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob

If you're sure someone is cheating, you know what to do about it - make sure they don't win. Beating an enemy who cheated is more satisfying than a regular victory anyway
hoorah for commonsense! I will pos rep you for this ;D
Proud to be Independent
Unread 22 May 2005, 23:06   #69
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
its a shame really but seems pa team have to say one way or another. either yes they allow vnc or no its banned. something like port scans on login, as for the people that say they use it to login from work. tough these games are about activity. if you cant get on to pa because of work then tough. this is a case where people will have to take that consequence because of the cheating going on.
whats port scanning going to tell them, that maybe we have a vnc server running. They cant ban people from playing the game simply because they have a VNC server running. Anyone who runs a network probally has VNC installed simply because its such a useful tool for administrating computers on a network. What next banning anyone who runs windows due its ability to be controlled remotely?
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 23:33   #70
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Hey I remember reading that article originally in PC Gamer UK, ages ago
Unread 23 May 2005, 00:44   #71
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
What next banning anyone who runs windows due its ability to be controlled remotely?
Except every modern operating system can be 'controlled' remotely, so your little rhetorical jab comes off as somewhat spastic.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 01:18   #72
~RevictioN~
Reborn

~RevictioN~ is infamous around these parts

didnt a few EX planets get closed earlier in rnd and then reopened with some roid loss.

you want proof that there is cheating well login once in awhile instead of your DC's doing it all and read overview. funny how pateam found it so nessisary to in clude this on there.

" If you suspect somone of cheating, please report it to us by emailing [email protected] or by speaking to us in #support on irc.netgamers.org. We have recently increased the number of our multihunting team in order to continue making sure you have a fun and fair gaming experience. "

increase in multihunter team hmm that would imply that the team from previous rnds isnt enuff which would imply alot more cheating or better cheating is going on.

that proof isnt hard eveidence ill admit, but the fact is that VNC is the reason there is no hard evidence thats
what this whole topic is about. ( with that said let meh welcome everyone who posts "where is the evidence" to the topic and to plz not post anymore about how there is no evidence )

and as far as not judging people on there actions in the past. If you practice this in real life im afraid you are truly an idiot as the old saying goes, " trick me once shame on you, trick me twice shame on me ".
Conviction, Courage, Control
~RevictioN~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 01:35   #73
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Your insults are rather pathetic Chika ... What is it with you and insulting all alliance you've been in so far (bar Fury) ... You always bitch about idiotic HC's, selfish HC's, retarded HC's ...

I suggest you start your own alliance and form your own perfect HC (won't be much choice since you think 99% of Pa are retards) and then we'll see what wonderful skills you have since you ALWAYS think you know it better ...

Maybe you should prove it instead of whine about it. Before you joined FAnG (the alliance you insulted) you were nobody. You ended 2nd when in FAnG and suddenly you get this superiority complex and you start dishing your old alliances ... Realise that you've not proven a single thing that could even remotely justify your arrogance.

I didn't mean that post as an insult KJ. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just implying that there is idd a circle, and the same things happen, just different people and alliances.
Yes, I did infact slag 1up and I did infact slag ANGELS. I never slagged FAnG though. Have I? Those are the only 2 alliances that I was apart of that I slagged. So your statement is false. I am not arrogant, I am rational. There is a difference, but people tend to mistake those 2 characteristics as one. I do not think everyone in PA are retards. I have come to like certain people such as Jester*, my idol Jerome`*, just to use examples of people who know. I do infact think you are an idiot though. If you don't like that, please pm me, I will be on irc in about 4 days as I only have 5 before my irc nick is lost. Other than that, please stop trying to group the wonderful PA community, with your stupid ANGELS HC bonehead group. You guys stand alone in my view of idiocy. Read into that last line.
Unread 23 May 2005, 01:58   #74
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Except every modern operating system can be 'controlled' remotely, so your little rhetorical jab comes off as somewhat spastic.
Hardly because my point is that if you outlaw people from having VNC on their machines from accessing PA you have to do the same to anyone who has software that does the same thing. With windows being the most used and obvious example thats what I used as my example. The whole idea of even considering banning things like VNC in such primitive manners is just ridiculouse as it would basically see everyone forbidden to play.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 02:09   #75
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

even if you did block vnc all you'd have people do is change the server port & scanning all system ports would drain resources on the server machine
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 17:47   #76
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Does ND always take into account past actions? Didn't we let in TehProphet a few rounds ago (or was it last round)? Wasn't he infamous for some reason to do with cheating?
This made me laugh. Quite a lot in fact - it's a very good point too.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 18:35   #77
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
This made me laugh. Quite a lot in fact - it's a very good point too.
Whilst indeed a valid point, he was watched very closely, and did not cheat whilst in ND, to the best of our knowledge. Nor did any other alliance accuse him of cheating or wrongdoing.
Unread 24 May 2005, 00:31   #78
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I have, at times, thought about creating a bg consisting of only members who will join in on the great VNC, remote logging sensation! Perhaps I will call it the Pingu Army or something, what we will do is sign up loads of free accounts and make life serious hell for those stupid paying players of PA who dont use this imposible to prove (so therefore legal) way of cheating. The aim is to make sure that paying players give up paying for a game that is clearly better off in the bin, thus wrecking the fun for every one.

So you see, there can be a consequence for being a twat, i,e, somebody will be malicious enough to break your toy, that toy being respect (not) what you gained through any means posible.

But then I decided this would be victory I would take no pleasure in, tho I'm sure there will be some who are shallow enough to recon it a worthy victory.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote