User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:32   #151
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: go go go Exilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
neither are on their own.
both contribute to it the same
But i have seen people closed in the past for use of proxies. Why are people who have been proven to use VNC not closed?
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:51   #152
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
If you dont have a clue what is being said, don't post about it.
There is a preview button before you post you probably should have used this and actually read you post before making stupid statements.

Quote:
So we are supposed to listen to a person who left an alliance he was HC of, for the alliance on the other side?
I stopped being HC last round and finally left this round due to the fact that I wasn't happy where SiN was going. None of it had to do with leaving one for another.

What was that about not having a clue?

Quote:
1up didnt win with 60-70 members round 11, not looking very good is it :/
r12 sorry for the typo omg I promise never to do it again! Also I think the final number was 75 members? Doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with my point, but thanks for making a big deal out such an insignificant part.

Quote:
You may want to reword that so i know what you're saying

Also only your alliance will recognise you as the winner, as the rest of us think you're cheating scumbags
I'm not going to reword anything just learn how to read. Also every winner in pa history are thought of as "cheating scumbags" so wtf do I care?

Quote:
MUST.........NOT..........MAKE...........HIM............LOOK..............STUPID.................... .........ARRGGGHHH ITS TOO MUCH ((((
I would make some jest at this but I think you've done enough to yourself already so enjoy.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:52   #153
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Who?

And the foul taste might actually be a result of all the asslicking you're doing :/

Sigh.. Flaming is all you can do Jonas? Im quite impressed. Maybe you should invent a brain while your at it.
Unread 19 May 2005, 15:55   #154
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

To be honest, this can all be summed up like this.

1 EXilition 68720 68 3,739,897 254,313,029
2 Wolfpack 69424 93 2,700,581 251,154,055
3 NoS 73946 96 2,587,056 248,357,381
4 SiNND 54351 99 2,388,126 236,424,517
5 Angels 87414 69 3,303,847 227,965,488
6 LCH 68336 83 2,691,174 223,367,519
7 Veneratio 54388 80 2,449,040 195,923,205
8 Tides of Fire 50443 89 2,193,024 195,179,207
9 Howling Rain 51188 81 2,403,948 194,719,865
10 1up 44365 77 2,397,115 184,577,867

Some people can't handle losing. I'm not saying EX isn't cheating, but the fact is, most of the geniuses that have posted anti-EX comments on this thread have no proof or really no knowledge on this topic at all. It's just that his HC said that his mate who talked to an MH said that the MH said that ____ was cheating. Right. Because I'm positive things couldn't get skewed in that situation.

Now then, some of you may think you have proof or whatever, and maybe you do. But the fact that EX is #1 isn't good enough proof. 1up won last round quite handly, and I don't think they would take kindly to people accusing them of cheating last round.

Having said that, and bashing people who don't have any knowledge on the subject, I should clarify that I don't have a ton of knowledge as to EX currently, but I was EX-Dragons and I can vouch for their activity and skill as far as politics and commanders go. This basically got them, at the time I could say us, run out of certain other games.

The fact is, EX has done very well with political situation and domestic strategies. It's sad that instead of going out and trying to beat them, some alliances can only sit and bash.

Way to let your skill do the talking, and good luck in the rest of the round.
Unread 19 May 2005, 16:07   #155
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
But i have seen people closed in the past for use of proxies. Why are people who have been proven to use VNC not closed?
it wont have been for only using proxies but it will have been a part of it
Login correlations from the same proxy on several planets for instance probably played a part.
Unread 19 May 2005, 16:07   #156
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez
<snip>
I agree, up to a point. There's really not much point in flaming the #1 alliance - at the end of the day they're still #1 and you're still flaming people on an internet forum.

Having said that, 1up will always be better than Exilition until Exiltion can win two consecutive rounds
Unread 19 May 2005, 16:07   #157
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Sigh.. Flaming is all you can do Jonas? Im quite impressed. Maybe you should invent a brain while your at it.
I rarely flame, but what you wrote just seemed a bit what I said.

And you didnt answer my question. I had a 4-5 wave hit planned on atleast 10 EX planets the day many of them got closed, most got reopened again so they really just gained on it This was when EX was still fighting 1up block with full force, so would had been fun to see how it would have gone. We roided a few of the ones that didnt get closed atleast cant remember exact numbers anymore tho.

Retired
Unread 19 May 2005, 16:11   #158
Nolez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I agree, up to a point. There's really not much point in flaming the #1 alliance - at the end of the day they're still #1 and you're still flaming people on an internet forum.

Having said that, 1up will always be better than Exilition until Exiltion can win two consecutive rounds

That's true but, with all great teams/players/alliances, continuing to play, but at a lower level, takes away from your legacy. And also, flaming other alliances for doing what you only wanted to do this round isn't exactly great either.
Unread 19 May 2005, 16:28   #159
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Can you please list these people ? I want to ask them in person, as I dont believe you for a second!
Just go to #sin and ask, you may even be able to find some of my old m8's idling in #bluetubas. I doubt you will though since that requires getting facts?

Quote:
"I left SiN and joined eX as I realised SiN wasnt going to win the round, and obviously Im not going to say that eX cheats on a public forum, so why bother telling everyone? I also realise that I hold no importance whatsoever in the PA community and thus should stop making comments on behalf of others.
1) Nice quote of something I am supposed to have said? :eek: You are aware that falsely quoting an individual is slander? Or actually it is libel in this instance since it is written.

2) Of course I'm not going to say anyone in eX is cheating on public forums. However that is because I haven't seen anything and unlike yourself I don't tend to make statements on something I don't know fully about.

3) A nice thing about the PA community is the fact that one thing is always constant. When people lose they come here and cry about it and try to insult others to pump up their insignificant little virtual planets more. If every eX player in the game had a "PA official" standing behind them at all hours of the day and came on here saying that eX didn't cheat you would reply with something like, "PA officials are being payed to allow eX to cheat!"

Quote:
And to be honest, wouldnt this very claim make your joining Exil a cheat, and thus, you are a fat cheater? I am sure the people who know and have known you will testify that you are a fat cheater now!
This is just a stupid paragraph in a whole.

Quote:
You and everyone else who has been closed in the past think the same thing!!11 However, if it happens to you, we will be sure to believe you
Yeah in fact i've been closed 3 times this round already /sarcasm

Who posted that comment about knowing facts before you speak? Might want to talk to them about how to do that.

Quote:
I wouldnt go as far as calling you a retard.... mentally challenged perhaps?
No retard is the correct term I am on 15 types of medication to keep from hitting the wall with my head.

Unread 19 May 2005, 16:42   #160
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
I had a 4-5 wave hit planned on atleast 10 EX planets the day many of them got closed, most got reopened again so they really just gained on it This was when EX was still fighting 1up block with full force, so would had been fun to see how it would have gone.
I'm not trying to take a side here and I could be wrong, (correct me Phil^?) but from what I have seen in other games, one way in dealing with planets and investigating is a temp. suspension while the issue was being investigated.

There is a possibility that this was what happened with the reopened ones. Maybe not I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
That almost makes me want to play next round

Unread 19 May 2005, 17:02   #161
GonZo
it never got weird enough

GonZo will become famous soon enoughGonZo will become famous soon enough

Why hasn't this thread been closed? Its full of unadulterated, unsupported, bullshit. If you have proof of exilition cheating then by all means, please present it. I for one would love to know which members of exilition are using VNC or proxies. But points like amazing fleet activity are easily ruled out by a system of calling people who's fleets are needed. Obviously, I cannot say that exlition are cheating because I don't know that for a fact and neither do any of you, unless of course you have some evidence which says otherwise.
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:16   #162
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
I'm not trying to take a side here and I could be wrong, (correct me Phil^?) but from what I have seen in other games, one way in dealing with planets and investigating is a temp. suspension while the issue was being investigated.

There is a possibility that this was what happened with the reopened ones. Maybe not I don't know.
You're absolutely right, and thats the way it should be I was just saying "what if they hadnt been closed"

Retired
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:18   #163
Amycus
Flame me...

Ah I see what your saying now

Unread 19 May 2005, 17:22   #164
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
Are you saying that they are incapable of finding the cheeters?
yes

Quote:
because if you are just come out and say it.
yes

Quote:
If you don't put any faith in their abilities to FIND the cheets, then you therefore have to suspect everyone of cheeting.
No, just you

Quote:
Go report all of Excils co-ords if you think they are cheeting,..
We did, more or less
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:22   #165
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
How is it that VNCs are not proof enough, but proxies are?
Neither are truly strong enough proof to warrant having an account closed. Note that while I was at school, I was required to connect to any site through a proxy. The school had a proxy server setup for all HTTP traffic, which got higher precedence than other network traffic. But apparently it was no huge deal because I never had any trouble accessing my PA account, nor was I ever given any trouble. While using school as an example, a variety of sites were blocked through my school's network, but I could connect to many of them by VNCing to the school's Unix lab. PA wasn't blocked on our network, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of it being blocked on other networks and the necessity of using VNC or some other means to play the game under such circumstances. So no, neither are proof enough. And judging from the fact that my early-round proxy use was never questioned, I think the MHs realize this.
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:39   #166
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

i have used/still use a proxy to access PA at uni, and ive never had any trouble either.
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:48   #167
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
'You are a clueless moron, not specificly this post but in general' - unnamed rep-giver
19 May 2005 04:41 You are a clueless moron, not specificly this post but in general
what's this all about?

go go go Exilition 19 May 2005 12:29 If only XX:XX:XX was big enough to hit... lol Sinnd suck
so Im getting neg repped for oversleeping and losing my fleet numerous times? hehe Ill be a nuisance to EX for the rest of the round seeing as not many of you can hit me
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:35   #168
Nolez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZo
Why hasn't this thread been closed? Its full of unadulterated, unsupported, bullshit. If you have proof of exilition cheating then by all means, please present it. I for one would love to know which members of exilition are using VNC or proxies. But points like amazing fleet activity are easily ruled out by a system of calling people who's fleets are needed. Obviously, I cannot say that exlition are cheating because I don't know that for a fact and neither do any of you, unless of course you have some evidence which says otherwise.
Well said.
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:56   #169
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I think probably everything that is going to be said has been said now. Useful or not! This thread isn't really going anywhere...
Unread 19 May 2005, 19:01   #170
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

Pretty much.
The planets get closed, and are given a week to appeal against the decision, citing reasons why the evidence against them is there.
If they are successful they get reopened, If they arent entirely successful in explaining everything - they can get reopened with a cap, or not reopened at all
This was the case for those who got reopened - They were reopened with a cap, and a strict set of conditions which they had to adhere to if they wanted to avoid closure again
One of them didnt manage to comply and was reclosed - If any others have broken the terms since, i dont know : Ive retired from Mh, and Pateam
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:27   #171
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

EXilition achieve first place, and are accused of cheating by 1up propaganda machine in biggest non-shocker of the year!
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:29   #172
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo
EXilition achieve first place, and are accused of cheating by 1up propaganda machine in biggest non-shocker of the year!
Go find some independents, people who associate with neither side. Ask them if exilition is cheating.
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:33   #173
Jumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Go find some independents, people who associate with neither side. Ask them if exilition is cheating.
Why don't you? The burden of proof lies on you, the accuser.
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:34   #174
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

yes because independents are privvy to passwords, irc logs with people asking others tolog in with vnc and ofcourse know about there access to 400 farm accounts *sigh*

its opinion and speculation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well done to exilition for getting to first place though because whether they cheated or not they have and do deserve to be winning the round.

This post is not condoning cheating, but i still believe that accusing alliances are lless than white when it comes to cheating. You may not condone it but it exists in EVERY alliance.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:36   #175
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
This post is not condoning cheating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Well done to exilition for getting to first place though because whether they cheated or not they have and do deserve to be winning the round.
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:41   #176
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
If you consider a element of an alliance t be cheating to be 10 or so they still have 50 active players who aren't cheating. An alliance can have some ppl who break the rules and still deserve to win. I believe an entire alliance cheating on major mass scales has been erradicated from pa otherwise killmark would still be playing :P

lo kill if you see this btw
Proud to be Independent
Unread 19 May 2005, 20:45   #177
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
well, yes u were dreaming, coz at no point 50% of eX was closed...
30 planets was closed the same night. okey. it wasn't 50% , what if I say 43% ?
Good enough for you ?
Unread 19 May 2005, 21:10   #178
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritfire
30 planets was closed the same night. okey. it wasn't 50% , what if I say 43% ?
Good enough for you ?
I'm sure your intel is 100% accurate too?

Please say yes because if you do that means 2 things:

1) your lying

2) your lying?

I was glad to see SiN make the move to try to win this round by joining with ND, but it is a shame that they now have members that are total sore losers.

Unread 19 May 2005, 21:17   #179
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I'm sure your intel is 100% accurate too?

Please say yes because if you do that means 2 things:

1) your lying

2) your lying?

I was glad to see SiN make the move to try to win this round by joining with ND, but it is a shame that they now have members that are total sore losers.
Fully accounting for the idea that maybe I misread this... But are you trying to tell me that no Exi got closed? =/
Unread 19 May 2005, 21:20   #180
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Cry me a river 1up

Big it up EX...
Unread 19 May 2005, 21:39   #181
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

You have aids in the face!

1up propaganda machine wins again
Unread 19 May 2005, 21:48   #182
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
You have aids in the face!

1up propaganda machine wins again
I had to reread that for a moment i thought it said you have sids in the face.

Quite a horrific thought you have sid "in" the face. Nightmarish.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 19 May 2005, 22:12   #183
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

this thread and the sad comments within are just to much to handle on an average weekdays evening.

come on people, cheer up and try and have some fun ffs, its a damn game
Unread 19 May 2005, 22:26   #184
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Fully accounting for the idea that maybe I misread this... But are you trying to tell me that no Exi got closed? =/
Yeah you misread. I'm sure eX planets were closed but not a large amount. If 50% or even 20% of eX planets got closed for cheating then we would not be here today.

Truth is usually far from what spouts from the mouths of the losing team.

Unread 19 May 2005, 22:32   #185
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Pretty much.
The planets get closed, and are given a week to appeal against the decision, citing reasons why the evidence against them is there.
If they are successful they get reopened, If they arent entirely successful in explaining everything - they can get reopened with a cap, or not reopened at all
This was the case for those who got reopened - They were reopened with a cap, and a strict set of conditions which they had to adhere to if they wanted to avoid closure again
One of them didnt manage to comply and was reclosed - If any others have broken the terms since, i dont know : Ive retired from Mh, and Pateam
1) They can get reopened with a cap?
What kinda b****s*** is that? Oh my god, how incompetent are you? How is that going to make anyone restrain from cheating, when they know they can get away with not getting closed?

2) Multihunting in PA has with perhaps a round or two, been a complete disaster. You (the MH's during PA) has mostly failed to delete obvious cheaters on descent scale, the only large-scale deletions have been when MH's have been handed evidence on a plate (like the gosu-incident in r8).

3) I suspect the failure to delete a descent ammount of cheaters comes from a few factors. A) Incompetent MH's. B) Lack of descent tools (anyone remember when Spinner lied about having such tools?) C) The extremly high demand for evidence and giving the defendents to many reasons to explain his/hers way out of it. D) Failing to recognize the impact such cheating have on players image of the game, and the impact it has on the level of the playing field.

So here's a few suggestions. I might have suggested these 3-4 times before, since I have "been around for some time", but since Spinner/PATteam/Jolt/whoever doesnt listen I guess I have to tell it again.
A) Get someone who doesnt accept bad excuses and who's experienced in PA to do the MH. Someone who's not a idiot. Someone who isnt nice.
B) Get some proper tools who automaticly brings up likely cheaters to the attention of the MH's.
C) The use of proxies/VNC should in itself be good enough reason to ban. D) Lower the evidence needed, its not criminal court we are talking about here.

I dont expect PATeam/Jolt/Phil etc to get this, but atleast I gave it a try (again).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 19 May 2005, 22:35   #186
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yeah you misread. I'm sure eX planets were closed but not a large amount. If 50% or even 20% of eX planets got closed for cheating then we would not be here today.

Closed is not the same as DELETED. Perhaps Phil or Xontas care to fill in how many of the Exhiltion planets god closed, and how many of them again who got deleted?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 19 May 2005, 22:42   #187
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
i'm sick and tired of being told "it's just a game", ffs i've failed more exams than you've hot dinners because of internet games, don't you dare tell me my life is a trivial mess.........
or i'll ****ing roid you.
Quoted for truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 19 May 2005, 22:57   #188
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Roughly 30 were closed (give or take with a 3-4 difference either way)

Most were re-opened as they offered explanations that the PATeam was willing to swallow like Peter Norths semen.

(People in other alliances was also closed during the same crusade, no one did however get within 10% of Exil's count).

I still to this day find it funny how most of the plants punishment was having roids removed they couldnt even mine.

way to go action bronco punshment
Unread 19 May 2005, 23:12   #189
Jumo

Quote:
Roughly 30 were closed (give or take with a 3-4 difference either way)
Don't even pretend you know the number of closed planets.
Unread 19 May 2005, 23:46   #190
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Why don't you? The burden of proof lies on you, the accuser.
Independents are the source of the things I am saying.
Unread 19 May 2005, 23:53   #191
Jumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Independents are the source of the things I am saying.
Too bad opinions don't mean dick all.

These are the facts, your over-rated, ego inflated alliance, which has won the past two rounds was beaten. And instead of looking at your alliance, you point fingers at everyone else, the MHs, the PAteam, Jolt, EXilition cheating, etc.

Swallow your pride. You were beat today, doesn't mean you have like it.
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:02   #192
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
1) They can get reopened with a cap?
What kinda b****s*** is that? Oh my god, how incompetent are you? How is that going to make anyone restrain from cheating, when they know they can get away with not getting closed?
Yes, they can get reopened with a cap if they explain some, but not all of the evidence to the satisfaction of the multihunter handling their case.
Just because they CAN get reopened does not mean that they will
it is up to the multihunter investigating them, and ultimately to the head multihunter (Xontas) at the end of the day

Quote:
2) Multihunting in PA has with perhaps a round or two, been a complete disaster. You (the MH's during PA) has mostly failed to delete obvious cheaters on descent scale, the only large-scale deletions have been when MH's have been handed evidence on a plate (like the gosu-incident in r8).
Then help out and gather evidence to assist the Mhs rather then just whinging about it.

Quote:
3) I suspect the failure to delete a descent ammount of cheaters comes from a few factors. A) Incompetent MH's. B) Lack of descent tools (anyone remember when Spinner lied about having such tools?) C) The extremly high demand for evidence and giving the defendents to many reasons to explain his/hers way out of it. D) Failing to recognize the impact such cheating have on players image of the game, and the impact it has on the level of the playing field.
The multihunters are far from incompetant, and the tools have been improving (slowly) for a few rounds now.
The relatively high demand for evidence is there BECAUSE PEOPLE PAY TO PLAY.
Would you like it, if at the whim of a multihunter you got closed just because you unwittingly attacked someone who later turned out to be a farm planet?
Would you also like it if you lost the credit you had paid for when you got deleted?
I think not.
Incidently the burden of evidence required has decreased since r10,r11. Before it used to take a substantial amount, and a pretty much certainty that they couldnt possibly be innocent or explain anything of it at all

Quote:
A) Get someone who doesnt accept bad excuses and who's experienced in PA to do the MH. Someone who's not a idiot. Someone who isnt nice.
Yes mein fuhrer. Would you like capitol punishment with that?

Quote:
B) Get some proper tools who automaticly brings up likely cheaters to the attention of the MH's.
Those are there already. Its called "Detector admin" in the admin tools.
Ofc you wouldnt exactly know this since you havent seen the tools they have available
Quote:
C) The use of proxies/VNC should in itself be good enough reason to ban.
On their own, i disagree.
In combination with other evidence - it already is.
Some people use a proxy unknowingly, Those on AOL for instance.
When they use the aol browser it puts them through one of several aol proxies.

Quote:
D) Lower the evidence needed, its not criminal court we are talking about here.
See above point about people paying to play.

Quote:
I dont expect PATeam/Jolt/Phil etc to get this, but atleast I gave it a try (again).
Incase you didnt hear, i retired a while back.
Still im sure that the rest of pateam/jolt has listened and will probably respond in more or less the same way i have.

Last edited by Phil^; 20 May 2005 at 00:18.
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:05   #193
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

well done to Jumo and all the other accounts on jumping and defending the truth...where would the world be without the honorable and righteous upholding the virtuese of truth and justice..... @_@
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:15   #194
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

We’ve seen them cheat and got away with it and we’ve seen them cheat, got caught and closed. We’ve seen them closed and deleted for a massive bot abuse at HC level (in pia) and soon after reappear in pa under a different name.

Most ppl who play this game knows this by now and will therefore not uphold much respect for any victory they might achieve. If they win I will simply look at the #2 alliance and applaud for a well played round. To believe they have suddenly all gone clean is a show of naivety I find hard to grasp.

Well done to exil and those allied and napped to them knowing their history. You fooled the hunters again.
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:21   #195
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

WP back at #1 spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:23   #196
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySpoon
WP back at #1 spot
They seem to have recruited 3 members...
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:35   #197
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySpoon
WP back at #1 spot
WP at mass recruiting to keep #1 spot non-shocker

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:40   #198
Jumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
We’ve seen them cheat and got away with it and we’ve seen them cheat, got caught and closed. We’ve seen them closed and deleted for a massive bot abuse at HC level (in pia) and soon after reappear in pa under a different name.

Most ppl who play this game knows this by now and will therefore not uphold much respect for any victory they might achieve. If they win I will simply look at the #2 alliance and applaud for a well played round. To believe they have suddenly all gone clean is a show of naivety I find hard to grasp.

Well done to exil and those allied and napped to them knowing their history. You fooled the hunters again.
Congrats on knowing nothing and spreading lies.

How about you go buy a clue, and realize that none of Dragons HC who organized the mass botting, got closed, etc. from the last pia round are affiliated with EXilition.
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:55   #199
Phil^
Insomniac

mud sticks.
post all you want, I dont think you are going to change the opinion of some people here, myself included.
My gut feeling tells me that exilition are not completely cheat-free, this feeling being based on what i saw from them while i was multihunting, and investigating them.
Just because i didnt get enough evidence to close them all doesnt mean they arent potentially cheating you know.
Unread 20 May 2005, 00:59   #200
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Congrats on knowing nothing and spreading lies.

How about you go buy a clue, and realize that none of Dragons HC who organized the mass botting, got closed, etc. from the last pia round are affiliated with EXilition.
If you are assuming the bot abuse only happen one round you are just plain stupid. If you assume that Mac and Basse didn’t support and know about what Jurgen and MrJ was doing last round you are naive at best.

They got caught by chance/fluke in pia. If it weren’t for a watchful eye of one of the MH it would have gone by unnoticed. The fact that none of the exil HC was in charge of the pia department last round was just because they, by chance, had a round off when they happen to get caught. Blindness comes in many forms it seems.