User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 13 May 2005, 19:04   #1
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
c200+ Planets

Why exactly is it that we cannot attack/cov op them? The probability of the planets in those clusters being rather inactive (and therefore res filled:D) is quite high, and thus forth I beg to ask why on earth, are we protecting inactives?
Unread 13 May 2005, 19:07   #2
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Re: c200+ Planets

as long as theres cheaters in this game, stuff like this will be abused by exilition
Unread 14 May 2005, 00:18   #3
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
*crying*
Really wish I knew what your comment has to do with anything.
Unread 14 May 2005, 00:56   #4
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

<ignorant n00b> I think exi cheats and I use any chance I get to say so cause I am an ignorant and cluless twat. And exi pwned me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 14 May 2005, 02:49   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Why exactly is it that we cannot attack/cov op them? The probability of the planets in those clusters being rather inactive (and therefore res filled) is quite high, and thus forth I beg to ask why on earth, are we protecting inactives?
Because they are poor, defenseless souls.
Unread 14 May 2005, 10:37   #6
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo
Really wish I knew what your comment has to do with anything.
Take one guess
Unread 14 May 2005, 10:59   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
<ignorant n00b> I think exi cheats and I use any chance I get to say so cause I am an ignorant and cluless twat. And exi pwned me.
some of them have though, and they were closed.
being immature about it is silly and only makes you and your aliance look daft.

As for why planets in c200 are protected - Yes its partly because of cheats who would take advantage of them by spawning tons of free planets, and letting them accumulate resources before going for them but its also to protect the planets themselves.
Just because you were exiled doesnt mean you should be condemned to be farmed now should it.
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:29   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
some of them have though, and they were closed.
being immature about it is silly and only makes you and your aliance look daft.
Some muslims are terrorists, though it would be generalisation to call all of em for terrorists - and directly wrong.

And - Im not exi...

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:33   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

speaking as a retired multihunter ( retired today ), i dont believe any of them are entirely innocent.
However for cheaters they`re irritatingly good at covering their tracks.
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:37   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

if thats ur feelings towards an entire alliance, I am V glad u have retired.

enjoy rl.

Quote:
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:43   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Nothing wrong with thinking someone is cheating if you only close when you have proof that they are.
Dont get me wrong, im not singling exilition out - there are other people in other alliances i think are cheating too, just not as widespread in a single alliance as i believe is happening in exilition.
Lets face it, their reputation is hardly spotless either. Turning a blind eye to them would be foolish
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:56   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

The answer to the actual thread would rock too, guys.
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:57   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
The answer to the actual thread would rock too, guys.
Quote:
As for why planets in c200 are protected - Yes its partly because of cheats who would take advantage of them by spawning tons of free planets, and letting them accumulate resources before going for them but its also to protect the planets themselves.
Just because you were exiled doesnt mean you should be condemned to be farmed now should it.
Unread 14 May 2005, 11:58   #14
Wishmaster
LDK

If u manage to close member of alliance A and member of alliance B with same amount of evidence, then there is np if u -think- all in alliance A cheats.

But something tells me u will give alliance B member benefit of the doubt while u close member in alliance A.

Also - a mh shouldnt express his feelings towards an alliance officially. He should monitor each planet and dont care about what ally they play for- and OFC close them if he has the required evidence to do so.

Quote:
Unread 14 May 2005, 12:02   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Why exactly is it that we cannot attack/cov op them? The probability of the planets in those clusters being rather inactive (and therefore res filled) is quite high, and thus forth I beg to ask why on earth, are we protecting inactives?
Just because their galaxy exiles them there doesn't mean they're inactive.
If they go to bed, galaxy exiles them 1-2 hours after, then theres 6 hours without galaxy defence or alliance defence. They wake up, have a dead planet, and quit.

There are planets out there, more sometimes than others, but to be fair the proportion of planets say over 1 million is a lot lower there than in the actual universe - i.e. it's generally smaller planets that end up there.

The attack barrier is there, as Phil said, to stop people sitting there to literally be farmed and roided - they have no chance, and even if someone wasn't purposely getting people there to farm etc, it'd almost be the same as there's no defence.

I know as you see them as "inactive" and an easy source of roids you feel that they should be able to be attacked, but we try and make sure no one 'hides' there.
Unread 14 May 2005, 12:03   #16
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
But something tells me u will give alliance B member benefit of the doubt while u close member in alliance A.
Not really no. I treat pretty much every case the same way. If you believe that multihunters are 'biased against someone', then youve been listening to too much propeganda from those who got closed and cant admit they got caught.

Quote:
a mh shouldnt express his feelings towards an alliance officially.
Im not, I retired. Those are my personal views
Unread 14 May 2005, 12:07   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Not really no. I treat pretty much every case the same way. If you believe that multihunters are 'biased against someone', then youve been listening to too much propeganda from those who got closed and cant admit they got caught.
Its human nature to be biased.I d rather close the devil than santa if I was mh ^^

Quote:
Im not, I retired. Those are my personal views
I know.

Quote:
Unread 14 May 2005, 14:09   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
some of them have though, and they were closed. But re-opened a few hours later
Unread 14 May 2005, 14:34   #19
jerome

Oh sorry Phil^, didn't notice your earlier reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Just because their galaxy exiles them there doesn't mean they're inactive.
If they go to bed, galaxy exiles them 1-2 hours after, then theres 6 hours without galaxy defence or alliance defence. They wake up, have a dead planet, and quit.

There are planets out there, more sometimes than others, but to be fair the proportion of planets say over 1 million is a lot lower there than in the actual universe - i.e. it's generally smaller planets that end up there.

The attack barrier is there, as Phil said, to stop people sitting there to literally be farmed and roided - they have no chance, and even if someone wasn't purposely getting people there to farm etc, it'd almost be the same as there's no defence.

I know as you see them as "inactive" and an easy source of roids you feel that they should be able to be attacked, but we try and make sure no one 'hides' there.
What? I suspect the ratio of planets getting ****ed in the ass by gals exiling them late at night to just plain inactives who are quite clearly required to be leeched dry would tend to lean a bit towards the latter.

You don't need the attack barrier to stop bashed, I mean, you already have the bashing level for that for christ's sake. About farming, I'd think if anyone was making tons of free accounts, they'd tend to be active planets building a lot of ships for a probable main planet which is zik, who then covers all grounds (xp - farming free planets who're decent value, roids - see last reason, ships - free planets with ships etc), I really don't think protecting the c200+ is the right move.

Edit: Before some smartass says I only want c200+ to be open for selfish reasons, then you'd be damn right. Ofcourse I want to cov op res of those inactive lot, it may be shocking to you but those of us who signed up over 400 ticks late need more than a singular method of income to gain score since godknows it's impossible to keep roids.
Unread 14 May 2005, 15:45   #20
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I think opening c200+ up to attack would be stupid. Extremely few people can login to PA every single tick; so to get incs when you have no chance of it being reported to alliance, and no chance of def, would be extremely unfair.
Unread 14 May 2005, 16:34   #21
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Extremely few people can login to PA every single tick

Exilition manage it ok.

Oh? You meant WITHOUT cheating. Im sorry, your comment stands as correct.
Unread 14 May 2005, 16:40   #22
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Quote:
some of them have though, and they were closed. But re-opened a few hours later

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 14 May 2005, 17:37   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm pretty sure that jerome's original question has been answered so I'll close this before it gets any worse.