User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 17 May 2004, 03:43   #1
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

Oh how nicely done Spinner,

You just decide that what people apparently have been telling you for ages has now been 'proven' to have been abused. I don't get it how technically getting points for scanning is abuse; its a feature in the game!!! If you fekked up your code and give people 3 times the score for making scans then it's expected people will use this feature to boost their score in the last days of the round, as they know they won't be using any new built ships regardless.

I can understand that the 'side effect' of your lousy servers (which we players pay for) going down is a reason to remove or limit the wave capabilities, but I do *not* agree on just removing those planets scores as they did not for any reason cheated or abused a bug in the game.

I don't mind changes improving the game but both the way this was handled and your timing was again terrible and I can understand certain people will be pissed about this. I wonder how you are going to try to worm your way out of this one Spinner expect from the obvious excuse that 'the server can't take the abuse and I didn't know scans gave 3 times the points compared to building ships' <- which are bogus arguments imo.

Thank you people move on nothing to see here but bad management,

Regards
Lord Dain

Last edited by Jackal2112; 17 May 2004 at 03:49.
Jackal2112 is offline   Reply With Quote