User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 19 Mar 2011, 02:58   #1
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of
Dlr

* Topic is 'Welcome to DLR, we will be returning to our own tag for the upcoming round. Watch for us on your gal status. Recruitment open. No Yoshika, you can't join'

OK for those of you who are new to or unfamilar with DLR, I thought I'd explain a few things.
DLR has been around in one form or another pretty much since round 4. Who's in DLR varies a lot from round to round depending on who's playing, but theres a bunch of us who are always DLR when we're playing.

When you sign up to play with DLR, you give up a little of the traditional choices that players usually have.
We generally decide on 2 or 3 races & keep our members within those races, then we come up with a plan on what ships to build & our members stick to those ships.
That way our fleets tend to fit together very well, both on attacks & on defence.

I think of DLR as a benevolent dictatorship. Everyone is encouraged to voice opinions, input is always welcome, but the final word on things is mine.
We don't have a lot of rules, in general we're all a pretty easy bunch to get along with. But if you piss me off, you may find yourself gone very quickly.

Teamwork is key. As a group we are greater then the sum of our parts. Selfishness isn't tolerated. We don't rush to claim the best targets. We're willing to hit poor targets on occassion just so they get taken.
We build amps & research incoming scans instead of ignoring scans & massing finance centres.
We don't whine, bitch or complain. Sometimes the raids will be late, the scanner might not be on in time, you won't always get defence, you will lose roids. These things happen, they're facts of PA life, when it happens, make the best of it, don't bitch & complain about it.

We don't flagship. I'd much rather we have 20 top 100 planets then 2 planets in the top 10 & only 5 or 6 more in the top 100.
There is ofc a lot of friendly competition between ourselves to try & outperform each other, but it's always better for us all to do well then to have a few do very well.

This is life in DLR, If you don't think you can fit into this description, then maybe this isn't the place for you.
If you like the description you've read, then maybe DLR is the place for you.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2011, 03:48   #2
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: Dlr

Good Luck guys, thanks for helping kick arse last round
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2011, 03:57   #3
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Goodluck dlr and grog in a manner of speaking dictators are selfish on the eyes piss me off and ya gone but what of the rest ally love them and are a good player that's you being selfish but dlr as an ally is one of best in pa good history great core and quality command, true I've never been dlr but I can see that from outside so imagine the inside.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2011, 19:44   #4
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dictator is good, opression is better

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2011, 01:56   #5
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

What does DLR mean? I always wondered..

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2011, 02:26   #6
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Dark lords rising

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Unread 20 Mar 2011, 12:24   #7
daso
Banned

daso is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck guys
daso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2011, 12:33   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
What does DLR mean? I always wondered..
Do Lovely Retals
Definetly like Roids
Dirty little Rascals

but aye ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
Dark lords rising
Unread 20 Mar 2011, 18:14   #9
daso
Banned

daso is an unknown quantity at this point

gl dlr
daso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2011, 22:12   #10
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Do Lovely Retals
Ouch.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2011, 04:29   #11
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
Goodluck dlr and grog in a manner of speaking dictators are selfish on the eyes piss me off and ya gone but what of the rest ally love them and are a good player that's you being selfish but dlr as an ally is one of best in pa good history great core and quality command, true I've never been dlr but I can see that from outside so imagine the inside.
<@Grog> is that decipherable?
<@Troll> no
<@[MUFC]ReligFree> heh just about
<@[MUFC]ReligFree> dont think he likes you, but does like us
<@cB40> why is demort hatin on you Grog?
<@Grog> i was just tryin to decipher it
<@Grog> i couldn't tell if he was insulting me or what
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2011, 04:48   #12
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

was good to have you work with us last round, DLR is, and has always been a good place to play... good luck Grog and DLR
Unread 21 Mar 2011, 06:58   #13
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
<@Grog> is that decipherable?
<@Troll> no
<@[MUFC]ReligFree> heh just about
<@[MUFC]ReligFree> dont think he likes you, but does like us
<@cB40> why is demort hatin on you Grog?
<@Grog> i was just tryin to decipher it
<@Grog> i couldn't tell if he was insulting me or what
Translated into decipherable English here it goes.

Dictatorships are selfish but best way to run alliances alot of time.

Stating if there good for ally and ally loves them you don't there gone meaning your being selfish.

But I do like you grog you have a great brain and a decent personality.

Dlr is a great alliance full of top class players and well organised into what some people might say a deadly machine.

I've never been Dlr but this is a statement from outside so imagine how good it is inside.

That easier for ya grog to understand split up abit into easier sentences hehe.

EX

Currently

In ODDR Command