User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Jun 2007, 08:59   #1
vd3a

vd3a is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking ship stats

well, loads of ppl dont like that shitloads of ships, i think that ideea with cheap ships isnt good. i suggest, those game admins to change it back like is the other rounds, like in R13, that was the great round in hitory of PA.

thanks
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 09:28   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: ship stats

Why dont 'people' like it? What's wrong with the cheaper ships? What benefits are there to reverting to the old system?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 10:54   #3
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Buh... It's only a matter of proportions... What's the difference with 10 times more or less ships if all is in the same proportions? I personnally don't mind having 10 times less or more...
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 12:30   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Why dont 'people' like it? What's wrong with the cheaper ships? What benefits are there to reverting to the old system?
The only real difference is that structure killers and asteroid pods are more powerful. And that there's less variability in the first couple of attacks' battle reports.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 12:35   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Should make ships even cheaper.
Atleast it then seems like there are lots of things happening in the universe with the 140ish players pa got

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 15:42   #6
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

vd3a and Keizari are right.

Not only were more asteroids added to the universe by reducing the init cost from 250 to 150, but for no given reason the ship costs were also reduced heavily.

While many said "Oh its the same, just with 10 times bigger numbers" (and what a pointless change that would be), the strength of pods rose greatly.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 15:56   #7
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
but for no given reason the ship costs were also reduced heavily.

While many said "Oh its the same, just with 10 times bigger numbers" (and what a pointless change that would be), the strength of pods rose greatly.
The reason for the decrease in the cost of the ships was because rounds this year are shorter then rounds last year and I wanted to give people the chance to still have significant number of ships. To some extent what you say is right, in that 10 times the number of ships really doesn't change anything in terms of how combat works out, but I think there is a physcological bonus of having more ships.

You are quite right however about pods, I did the best I could within the game engine limits to cut them back, but was only able to reduce the effectiveness of pods by a factor of 7 rather then the full factor of 10 (the problem was the Illusion), making them more powerful. I suggested off setting this by increasing the damage required to steal a roid, but that idea was not implimented by the PA Team. I have not heard really any outcry to go back to the more expensive ships before this thread, but if it is something the community wants it is easy enough to multiply ship costs by 10 again and be back where we were.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 16:36   #8
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I guess now that I think about it, the other thing that could be done is we could increase the cost of pods by 30%, so they would be out of proportion with the rest of the ships (other then structure killers) but it would put them at the same relative effectiveness level as every other ship.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 17:37   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You shouldn't have tried to fix that which wasn't broken, and when you did try, you should have realised that you were actually breaking, not fixing it. I vote for reverting to the previous costs.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:06   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I vote against reverting to the previous costs, just caus i like to have alot of ships (even if 50 of them are as effective as 1 in the old costs)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:20   #11
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i liked more ships
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:41   #12
vd3a

well, seems like im gonna quit PA, i hate to have a bunch of ships, thats sux.
th ideea is, in the game ppl need to fight for keep the ships alive. this round, loads of nubs goes to land even they lost loads of ships.. with 200k wach they rebuild the fleet. we need them to keep up for fight, with more launches and recalls... not bild landing ... thats sux

thx
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 22:46   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry, what? You're leaving because you get too many ships? You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding. :\
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 22:55   #14
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

lol vd3a don't leave n0b0
Shoshuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 22:58   #15
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

more ships is good, people likes to have more ships.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 15:02   #16
vd3a

doh, ill quit ... tons of ships sux

i sorry for my friend shyne, he will be forced to play alone for now!

im sorry shyne, i dont like the game anymore if they let him like that ..

c`ya when the game will be like the other rounds
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 15:40   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dear god, beyond the pods thing there is actually no non-aesthetical difference.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 18:25   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

It's a bit like money illusion in economical terms, JBG. The fact that it doesn't make a difference doesn't mean people wouldn't think/react as if it did make a difference.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 00:02   #19
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I don't understand why people find bigger numbers more fun/exciting/useful. It's just POINTLESS.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote