User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 22 Jun 2011, 10:42   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Exile-Galaxies

Hey,

i am so pissed about those freakin 50-150 roid and 75k value planets landing in my gal again and again...ignoring any mail or other form of contact...canīt we do something about that ?

here is my suggestion:

for everyone who has been exiled 3(2?) times (self-exiles dont count), they will land in an exile galaxy.
An exile galaxy holds up to 20 players and works just like any other galaxy. With the one exception that this galaxies cant exile players.

those awesome players can play among each other there then, and dont answer on their mails and ignore each other equally!

to leave one of those exile-galaxies ppl will have to self exile.

And while we are at it, we can reduce the i-sign-up-30-accs-to-see-if-i-land-in-a-gal-with-kaiba(insert any other player here)-planets.
Just make everyone sign up after tick0 (tick1 onwards) land in an exile galaxy. If they really decide to play then they will at least take the effort to exile themselves.... yes the clever cheater will still sign up 30 accounts and exile each of them 1 time...but at least we reduce the i-sign-up-and-suddenly-decide-the-game-is-shit-ppl from landing in competing galaxies.

a bonus would be that the occasional players in those exile-galaxies have a way bigger pool of defence fleets (if anyone there can find the fleets-page)

now waiting for mz's usual one liner

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 10:54   #2
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Exile-Galaxies

Pro Idea
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 11:36   #3
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I love it, create more farm galaxys full of inactives that we can roid!

The only problem i can see with this suggestion is how will we organise the attacks on these galaxys? should we do a universe wide lottery and the winners get the easy roids? I just dont want to be piggied by 20 other people while im going for those easy roids.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 12:10   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All competing galaxies "suffer" this problem. Putting newbies in shit galaxies won't make the game better, nor make competitive galaxies more competetive.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 12:20   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
All competing galaxies "suffer" this problem. Putting newbies in shit galaxies won't make the game better, nor make competitive galaxies more competetive.
Ive no problems with having new people in my gal ... all they need to do is shows signs of life like come on to irc / respond to ingame mails.
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 13:53   #6
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I love it, create more farm galaxys full of inactives that we can roid!

The only problem i can see with this suggestion is how will we organise the attacks on these galaxys? should we do a universe wide lottery and the winners get the easy roids? I just dont want to be piggied by 20 other people while im going for those easy roids.
sif those planets i am reffering to get defended in bigger galaxies...if they get exiled from there...
the only thing generally happens is:
"/notice #alliance.privchannel someone roid x.y.z - he will be exiled in 40 ticks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
i am not talkin about newbies, if someone knows my alliance background (NWF, FLASH, the horde, EVOLUTION) he will know i <3 newbies.
i am reffering to planets ignoring any form of contact or advice and generally log in once a day to build a research lab and queue another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Ive no problems with having new people in my gal ... all they need to do is shows signs of life like come on to irc / respond to ingame mails.
exactly pais got the point.
those ppl will maybe not stay in every gal (super-dupa-#1 contender) but will be kept in many other.

again i am reffering to those who log in and prolly dont even notice they sit in a diffrent galaxy then before.

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 14:04   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i am reffering to planets ignoring any form of contact or advice and generally log in once a day to build a research lab and queue another one.
I don't think that's enough. You should be in a top 5 alliance to be allowed to stay in a "good galaxy". While we're at it, they should also launch at least 2 fleets a day and cap roids at least 3 times a week. Anything less than that and it's just not good enough for me.

Hopefully that adequately illustrated how ridiculous this suggestion is.

[edit] In fact, I think I would be alright with seeing the inactivity deletion mechanisms removed completely.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 22 Jun 2011 at 14:18.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 14:06   #8
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Who changed my house number( coords ) could have sworn I lived here.

This is why they don't respond to mails there still searching for there house(planet) after some evil git exiled them hehe.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2011, 19:21   #9
Rhubarb

Rhubarb will become famous soon enoughRhubarb will become famous soon enough

It is annoying though waiting for someone to respond to in game mail etc. because you want their ships in defense & score. And to help them get more from the game.

However last time I thought a guy was an active muppet, he was actually a hard core scanner. He didn't care what galaxy he was in though, so Morph's proposal would not have bothered him.

Perhaps there is a different approach to achieve some of the same goals...
  • Galaxies are made up of a percentage of players continuing from the previous round, and percentage of new account holders.

On slight tangent:
I personally think the galaxy buddy pack system is flawed as it does not take into account the senario where a new player is introduced to the game mid-round. New players should be in the same galaxy where ever possible, as the refering player to improve new player retention.

To solve the potential abuse of this 'invite a friend' system, continuing your account round after round, has to be incentivized financially with prestige & possibly with restricting contributive score to alliances. Also limits can be set for 'introduce a friend' for each galaxy, with a 'first come first serve' approach.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote