User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Dec 2008, 17:30   #51
Kenny

Re: Blahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAlan View Post
Errr it was Denial-Rock-ND-VGN vs Ascendancy we certainly werent with ND-VGN, no idea where you got that from, and yes personally at the time i was surprised CT didnt jump on the bandwagon, exact words being something like "jesus is there no limit to CT's napping???" etc
As much as many of you may disagree with CT politics, nobody who's spoken to be about politics can say that I've ever lied about our political situation.

We started the round NAP'd to VGN, who we've always gotten on particularly well with. We didn't intend to get involved in any wars this round so while VGN would have liked our relationship to be a little more fruitful, we politely declined at that time and entered into a NAP with them.

Given what happened in R27, I suspected that with the right attitude and a bit of luck, we may find ourselves growing at a faster rate than other alliances, and so would soon find ourselves in a position where we'd be hit not for political gain, but just to take the roids we've accumulated. It's PA - that's just how it goes. So, not wanting Every man and his tog to start coming at us, and given Denial's desperation for friends after a very very tough battle with the rest of CT HC (who claimed Denial couldn't be trusted), I manged to get both parties to agree to a no p-targetting agreement. Or, what Asc would call an avoidance agreement.

Apart from that, we had no other political connections for a long time. Then Denial went around trying to get people to hit us (to take the pressure off of them I guess) because we wouldn't join with Den/Rock (which was Denial's proposition, Rock hadn't actually committed at this time) in hitting Ascendancy, so we broke our NPTA and hit them for one, maybe two nights (I dont recall). They then hit us back, and just when it looked like we were going to be going head to head with them, they offered a ceasefire - and we resumed our NPTA.

During the time when we had no agreement in place with Denial, we had a NAP in place with NewDawn in return for helping hit Denial. This ended just a few days later when neither party saw it in our best interests to continue.

Ascendancy then came to us asking if we wanted to hit Denial. By which point I was so fed up with their attitudes, I really didn't care too much for our agreement. They'd already shown (in previous rounds also) that an agreement with them didn't mean very much anyway, so I countered Asc's proposition with the suggestion of a NAP in return for some cooperation on hitting Denial.

To be honest, I didn't expect them to say yes. I only offered it as I didn't see any other benefit to us helping keep Denial down away from 1st. A couple of days later though they came back to us with a 'Yes', and for One Night Only (so far) we both hit Denial planets. I think eksero had a lot of big waves, as did Reese; from CT and Asc respectively.

Bottom line is:

We have 2 naps in place, and no other agreements with any other alliances. Times are really a'changing if 2 NAPS can be seen as sitting on the fence, if you ask me.

But lets face it - most of you wont, because the lie is far more interesting than the truth.

Last edited by Kenny; 7 Dec 2008 at 18:32. Reason: Just getting my facts right!
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 17:43   #52
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I think a wider definition of fencing than just 'NAP with everyone' is used by most people and it includes simply avoiding wars, whether or not agreements are involved.
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 18:12   #53
Kenny

Why is it an obligation for us to join in wars though, that wouldn't serve to accomplish our goals?

Dont take anything from this asides from face value: America didn't get involved in the 2nd World War until it was absolutely neccessary for them. Their goals of self preservation and prosperity as a nation wouldn't have been helped if they'd have joined in on a war that didn't involve them.

If it hadn't been for Pearl Harbour, they may never have gotten involved.

At this moment in time, we're looking to gain as many T100 ranks as possible. We dont want a tag rank - if there was a way of operating as an alliance (with the relevent def advantages etc) without even being in the tag race, that'd be ideal - then you could all stop whining about us fencing our way in to 2nd.

Unfortunately, whilst we're still operating as an alliance we'll end up in whatever tag rank our planet ranks permit.

And I'm not even sorry if people dont understand/fully believe this. xVx are the biggest fencing non-committal alliance playing, but because their tag rank is lower they're not getting any attention. Comparatively, this round, we've "gone to war" with Denial twice, we almost went to war with NewDawn (lol JDean <3), Rock are getting increasingly pissed at us for treading rather heavily on their toes* and Asc... well, if they see out the NAP til the end of the round - anyone would think it was Christmas!

*At this juncture I'd actually like to be the first to tip my hat to Rock this round (coz they're not feeling the love right now). Although they may not have always agreed with the way Denial have played/behaved (or treated some of their members while they were in Denial, r26), they've stood by Denial the entire round on the merit of creating some form of balance within the game. Personally, I'd rather they'd have been on our side (should such a side ever exist) but mehh, I can't fault them. GJ Rockers, and congrats to me UF bitch Patrikc on his HC appointment

Last edited by Kenny; 7 Dec 2008 at 18:45.
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 18:48   #54
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
A couple of days later though they came back to us with a 'Yes', and for One Night Only (so far) we both hit Denial planets. I think eksero had a lot of big waves, as did Reese; from CT and Asc respectively.
Was one awesome night of roiding for ct wasnt it
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 19:08   #55
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Was one awesome night of roiding for ct wasnt it
Pardon? Sorry? I can't hear you - speak up a rank please
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 19:45   #56
Ren

Ren has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Pardon? Sorry? I can't hear you - speak up a rank please
For an alliance pushing for individual planets, you are really one to talk about ranks Kenny.

So what happened, did your planet not win the pre-round CT flagship lottery?
Round 4: 129:6:15
Round 7: 8:16:??
Round 12 11:9:2 - Insomnia HC

@Rob: p6 was like, the parallel of doom
Ren: (Rob): y u say that??
@Rob: it had 20% fewer roids than the next parallel up or something
Ren: that would be our fault
@Rob: it was bizarre :\
Ren: :P
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 20:49   #57
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
For an alliance pushing for individual planets, you are really one to talk about ranks Kenny.

So what happened, did your planet not win the pre-round CT flagship lottery?
That's faulty logic. Because we're not aiming for a tag rank, I can't comment on them? That doesn't make sense Ren.

and tbh, I forgot to buy a ticket - I'll never know if my number came up now
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 21:29   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
All you ascs here can flame me if I misjudge you, but i can hardly believe Asc will let CT keep its peace to the very end; so i still think their fence sitting might come back haunt them.
As long as we continue to feel pressure from other alliances, CT should not have too hard a time hanging on to their roids.

Quote:
Why is it an obligation for us to join in wars though, that wouldn't serve to accomplish our goals?
It is not. But nor is it an obligation for us to applaud your (to many people quite crappy) playing style.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 7 Dec 2008 at 21:38.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2008, 22:02   #59
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
All you ascs here can flame me if I misjudge you, but i can hardly believe Asc will let CT keep its peace to the very end; so i still think their fence sitting might come back haunt them.
wrong

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 00:56   #60
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

we flagship?? wish someone would of told me, im sick of getting roided :P
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 00:59   #61
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
we flagship?? wish someone would of told me, im sick of getting roided :P
Blame your head of external affairs!!!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 01:14   #62
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see what the problem is with the way CT play, it's not as if they're upsetting anybody or being particularly dishonest about it. There was a time when an alliance having big planets was a sign of status and power. Alliance ranks distort that these days.

Legion were a successful team because they had a lot of big planets. Fury had a lot of big planets because they were a successful team. In a war you'ld rather have the second, but that's not to say the first can't be equally as dangerous if the players involved want to. While they don't compare to today's alliances, it's the difference in mindset i'm trying to illustrate and if building from your big planets ends up getting CT results, fair play to them. But in the end, what made both Fury/Legion brilliant alliances is that when it came to the crunch, both could roll their sleeves up and lay waste to their opposition.

One of the greatest pieces of play in planetarion has come from flagshipping, LDK's last stand at sliekas in round 6 was an absolutely awesome statement of power and a good piece of play, simply because it was the only kind of victory they could possibly ever achieve as Xanadu crumbled around them. When flagshipping is based on favouritism and greed it's not so good - there are still some players (not CT) who i know pretty much play to these principles. How CT play exactly, I don't know.

What I'm saying here it's all about context, and whether you get results. 'Flagshipping' in itself doesn't necessarily mean bad play or bad strategy. What I do view as nonsense is all this downplaying of going for victory and playing up Ascendancy's intentions at the end of the round. It's all rather silly, really.
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 12:59   #63
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

What's the point in war game to nap all those big alliances you feel they can be threat to you? You can play Sim City or games like that...

i think that no1 was really interested bout CT's roids when there was other action between top alliances against each others. No when the action has cooled down and all are mainly just capping roids from gal raids the roid fat CT will become more and more interesting to all of them. I'd bet that those guys who attacked on each others few nights ago are soon gonna realize to being piggying each others on CT planets.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 13:33   #64
Kenny

Surely by that logic Asc planets will be even more interesting?

And can Ascendancy and VGN really be classed "all those big alliances"?
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 14:00   #65
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post

What I'm saying here it's all about context, and whether you get results. 'Flagshipping' in itself doesn't necessarily mean bad play or bad strategy.
However it will always be wrong to those of us who wish we were flagshipped and never will be, and thus it will always be flamed by lame envious ppl like me on these forums.
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 14:08   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Surely by that logic Asc planets will be even more interesting?
If roids is all they're interested in, CT is by far the better (euphenism for easier) target. Since they're not just interested in roids, they've mostly stayed away from seriously targetting you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 15:21   #67
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If roids is all they're interested in, CT is by far the better (euphenism for easier) target. Since they're not just interested in roids, they've mostly stayed away from seriously targetting you.
I agree - not to mention Asc def vs CT defence. Which would you rather be up against
Unread 8 Dec 2008, 23:34   #68
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i don't know, tell me
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 09:03   #69
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Target priorities can change awfully fast tho

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 09:12   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh View Post
Target priorities can change awfully fast tho
That was pretty much my point. As soon as alliances lose interest in Ascendancy (either because we got owned, or because we're so far ahead no one cares about us any more), they'll start looking at CT.
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 10:39   #71
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Its not as if ppl can actually stop caring about ascendancy if they r far ahead; ur not gonna stop hitting them, I will quiver in fear until the end of the round, as I did last round. Nor do ppl stop wishing they could do something about it but there comes a point that it becomes an accepted fact they cannot.
And so CT comes in, their conduct this round hardly inspires respect, they are fat and added bonus, they are now friendly with Asc, roll on an Anti-CT coalition!
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 10:57   #72
Villeh

Quote:
Its not as if ppl can actually stop caring about ascendancy if they r far ahead; ur not gonna stop hitting them, I will quiver in fear until the end of the round, as I did last round. Nor do ppl stop wishing they could do something about it but there comes a point that it becomes an accepted fact they cannot.
And so CT comes in, their conduct this round hardly inspires respect, they are fat and added bonus, they are now friendly with Asc, roll on an Anti-CT coalition!
Your sad excuse of a "block" couldn't take on Asc, so you just give up and find some excuses to go for the 2nd best thing... Now that inspires respect

Quitters will always be losers etc etc...

* We do not exist *
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 11:00   #73
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

People that don't try will allways loose aswell

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 11:08   #74
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

my alliance was never part of the block... perhaps thats y it failed

more likely we would have just made the block worse!
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 11:22   #75
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Your sad excuse of a "block" couldn't take on Asc, so you just give up and find some excuses to go for the 2nd best thing... Now that inspires respect

Quitters will always be losers etc etc...
I dont think Londo said a block could not take asc, just that its unlikely to be tried again this round. There is a need for political will and most alliances lack that, audentes (the alliance londo and I are in for anyone without intel access) did not join in fighting asc when we should have done (bad choice all the other alliances had loads of def avalible ) because half our members have already given up on the round, I cant see us changing course and attacking anyone unless ptargeted first.

I cant speak for the 4 who attacked asc, they gave up too quickly but that was always likely to happen and it would presumably be difficult to start again. They would now be in a more disadvantageous position than they were except for extra xp to be gained, when they started last time presumably they could have hoped for ct support, and denial was still pretty clearly 2nd.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 16:43   #76
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
People that don't try will allways loose aswell
Idd, and I'm still horribly disappointed that CT didn't join in full force to absolutely and totally lay waste to anything Denial :|

* We do not exist *
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 16:45   #77
Villeh

Quote:
my alliance was never part of the block... perhaps thats y it failed

more likely we would have just made the block worse!
I'm sorry I referred to it as "your" block, I'm just a simpleton with no access to any arbiters or tools and jumped to conclusions I suppose.

* We do not exist *
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 18:47   #78
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Idd, and I'm still horribly disappointed that CT didn't join in full force to absolutely and totally lay waste to anything Denial :|
Denial were the ones you guys wouldnt hit, because they didnt have much roids. Untill some emo-love thing between denial and ct hc went down, then you wanted to hit denial.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 21:39   #79
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

with emo-love you mean Kenny & VeNoX?
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 22:35   #80
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Yeah that sounds likely.
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 23:32   #81
Kenny

Liam and I are actually good friends in real life. He's coming to visit for Christmas, when I get to introduce him to my mother and father. We're then going to the Edinburgh street party for New Years, where we'll hold hands and see in 2009 together...
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 00:22   #82
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Liam and I are actually good friends in real life. He's coming to visit for Christmas, when I get to introduce him to my mother and father. We're then going to the Edinburgh street party for New Years, where we'll hold hands and see in 2009 together...
Knowing the two of you that might just happen.
What happens in Edinburgh stays in Edinburgh so it's cool!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 00:51   #83
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And i had the balls to chat with you 2 about girls