User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Oct 2005, 20:51   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
what the hell is LCP

and why does it keep making my internet connection fail
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:00   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: what the hell is LCP

explain more.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:01   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Little Computer People", according to acronym finder, which seems to fit the information you've given us.

That or "Lesbian Community Project".
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:01   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

large carrier pidgeon?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:04   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my inteernet connection keeps going down - never for more than a minute - but often enough to be annoying and when i run the connection test on my router, it tells me that LCP is down, but i have no idea what that is
help me DG, you are my only hope of being able to do a mauradon run tonight!
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:12   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
my inteernet connection keeps going down - never for more than a minute - but often enough to be annoying and when i run the connection test on my router, it tells me that LCP is down, but i have no idea what that is
do you get all your acronyms backward?

because it would be pretty relevant.

PS: link control protocol if you are right, but i'm hoping your problem is the litte computer people.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:14   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

look, i'm lying in bed using a wireless keyboard with no lights on so cut me some slack you bastard

EDIT: thank you btw, no idea what that is or how to fix it i suppose?
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:21   #8
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

i'm assuming your line connection protocol negotiations are falling through, though it might be your network administrator.

i have no idea what that means tho. the internet pours out of wall sockets as far as i care.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:22   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maraudon sucks, true story. Unless you're doing a princess run for the Thrash Blade or something, in which case it rocks for the one time you have to do it.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:23   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Har Har

Finished it , already kicking ass in the Plaguelands
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:24   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Har Har

Finished it , already kicking ass in the Plaguelands
Don't bother starting WoW-arguments around here, I was unemployed for six months.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:25   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

where the hell else am i meant to go at lvl 50 fs?

although i wil probably also be grinding un gor till about 4am depending on how easy it is to get the child to sleep tonight
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:26   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

although i wil probably also be grinding un gor till about 4am depending on how easy it is to get the child to sleep tonight
Go to Eastern PLaguelands. Its more fun. Theres tons of people grinding there , so you can walk into the quest areas which are WAYYYYY above your level and pick up easy XP.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:27   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Don't bother starting WoW-arguments around here, I was unemployed for six months.
Yes , im well aware that being Jobless and having no social life whatso****ingever is a real boon when playing WoW.

The rest of us just have to spend months levelling because we work 9-5.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:29   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Yes , im well aware that being Jobless and having no social life whatso****ingever is a real boon when playing WoW.
I enjoy beverages from an old fashioned pubbe, and would sip them fairly regularly.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:30   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

i have gone from lvl 46 to 50 in a week because i'm off on paternity leave

oh, and going into EPL wouldnt work, horde is outnumbered around 2 to 1 on my server and EPL is a gankfest apparently
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:31   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:

Instances suck for XP. Start/Finish Un'Goro, then do some questing in Ferelas and Winterspring before moving onto WPL and then EPL. Being 55-57 in the cauldron quests, for example, is a big help as the mobs are frequently too tightly packed for anyone but a shadow priest to deal with them comfortably.

Class/Race/Tradeskills?

[edit]

I went from 52-60 in about 10 hours, good old DM:E farming :salute:
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:32   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:

hinterlands? searing gorge?

when i leveled through all we had was ungoro*. boy did the high 40s suck.

*in terms of quest hubs
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:33   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

troll shaman herbalism/alchemy

(also MrL, you might be the person to ask, whats the best way to lvl up alchemy?)
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:33   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
hinterlands? searing gorge?

when i leveled through all we had was ungoro. boy did the high 40s suck.
If you're horde, make sure you've done the quests from the Revantusk tribe in the Hinterlands. They give excellent XP/cash/items (the elite ones moreso in the last case, you'll need a group for them though) and they're basically of the type "Kill lots of stuff with ok drops anyway, here's 6k XP and a gold".
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:35   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

did jinth alor last night, to xp was good (got about 80k all told) but the drops were shit
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:37   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
troll shaman herbalism/alchemy

(also MrL, you might be the person to ask, whats the best way to lvl up alchemy?)
Have levelled it up from the start. Alchemy is an annoying tradeskill to level at the best of times, and you're going to "enjoy" it when it becomes little more than a transmute button, assuming you don't have the rare pot formulae.

Now I've destroyed your will, my answer depends on what kind of level we're talking about. If it's around 250, then you can do Arcanite Transmutes and that's all you need to do - I haven't maxed Alchemy because there's no need for me to do that at the moment. It's been sitting on 280 odd for a month or two at this stage.

Lower than that, I'll need specific numbers.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:39   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
did jinth alor last night, to xp was good (got about 80k all told) but the drops were shit
Noone gives a shit about the drops, it's the quest rewards that are seriously overpowered. The Deep Woodlands cloak, for example, is the best caster cloak outside of one generally less good craftable cloak (Chromatic Cloak, great for the resistances but less good elsewhere), and drops off Onyxia, Hakkar and Ragnaros - all of the above being Epic items.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:41   #24
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

how i leveled from 45 up:
46-49: ran the crappy troll instance.
50-52: un'goro
53-54: western plaggies. quests.
55: class questing for infernal
56: western plaggies grind
57-58: winterspring. quests.
59: accidentally happened while grinding shards for pvp
60: grinding shards for pvp
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:42   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

where can i get potions to lvl from about 195 all the way through to up near 250?

the only drop i have ever got was wildvine, which requires 225 and im not that high yet, and all my current pots are green, so i rarely lvl up from using them

anyhoo... my connection has stayed stable for more than 10mins, so im off to grind so i will look at any replies later
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 21:46   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Get to 200, and check out the alchemist in the Swamp of Sorrows. At 200, he'll be able to raise the cap to 300, and will also be able to train you in all the other "store bought" formulae.
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 22:01   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

cool, had to back offline for now as connection started playing up as soon as i went on at least i got the onyxia buff though in my 2 mins of play
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 01:19   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So as to be a 'square' and answer the original thread, I was under the impression that connection failures as a result of LCP were generally attributable to your broadband connection trying to be faster than the signal-to-noise ratio and line attenuation could handle.

Are you on some comedy >2meg service? Asking them to drop you down a bit would almost certainly help.

Edit: Or your modem's set to disconnect after some idle period...
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 01:46   #29
roadrunner_0
cynic

thanks pab, curiously, after having a look, i appear to be getting 2.2meg, even though i'm only paying for 1, so that may indeed be the answer
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 04:02   #30
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought it was a personell problem of unavailability and stood for

Licking
Cock
Presently