User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:36   #51
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve
Re: ND: Any attack ships left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
You just did exaclty what you did in NoS which nearly killed NoS - you took private conversations and turned them into a public debate.
i think you give me far too much credit. one person cannot bring down an alliance. oh wait, yes, FAnG died because of the actions of WebAngel. i forgot. i'm wrong, one person can ruin an alliance... silly me.

if NoS nearly died because of one person's actions, i think it's far better to say that losing Dingo was the reason... instead of pinning it on a DC with no political power.
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:37   #52
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
i think you give me far too much credit. one person cannot bring down an alliance. oh wait, yes, FAnG died because of the actions of WebAngel. i forgot. i'm wrong, one person can ruin an alliance... silly me.

if NoS nearly died because of one person's actions, i think it's far better to say that losing Dingo was the reason... instead of pinning it on a DC with no political power.
I prefer to blame Dingo for the other time it nearly died

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:39   #53
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I did say I was bored - people shouldn't take AD so seriously
heh, you do nothing but slag off ND, and ND are not supposed to take it seriously

We dont play this game for your enjoyment. We never have. SO boo hoo if you dont like us defending. now **** off and find something more interesting to do.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:42   #54
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
[Offtopic]
Yeah FAnG is ruind and I nly just realised OMG WHAT AMI DOING??????

WE ARE DEAD I TELL YOU..... DEAD!!!!

Apart from the sarcasm FAnG has never actually died - been close for several rounds, but its always had a core f people wiling t put the effort in to make sure they were a force for all the rounds of PA.

If thats ruined - I hope my career gets ruined ;D
[/Offtopic]
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:45   #55
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

and this round has been a shining example of what we would have been missing had FAnG died, right?
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:47   #56
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
and this round has been a shining example of what we would have been missing had FAnG died, right?
No - cause FAnG wont die - we will be here til the end of Time so get used to it troll-boy
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:48   #57
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
[You just did exaclty what you did in NoS which nearly killed NoS - you took private conversations and turned them into a public debate.
I don't care if every person in FAnG/Mistu/Phraktos hates me... most don't even know me. I play for ND and my friends are there, I don't particularly care to bother thinking "he hates me." Instead, I'd rather appreciate the people that like me and do my best to treat them with respect.

This is totally off topic, so let's re-route. The fact is ND defends, ND defends well, and people are annoyed at us for keeping our roids, having decent defense fleets, and not rolling over for FMP to roid us silly. I'd wager to say that 95% of us are in gals with few or no FMP members. We have no protection from the "big guns," so to speak. I think we're doing a damn good job at playing this round. You may accuse us of treading water, but the fact is we've been swimming against a current all round... and we're still holding our own.

We've been called fence-sitters, we've been called a lot of things... I've been personally attacked... but it doesn't change the spirit of ND... our members are having fun... and that's what this game is about.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:52   #58
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
No - cause FAnG wont die - we will be here til the end of Time so get used to it troll-boy
And with you here, Time will ender sooner than if you arent. I hope you think about that when R11 loses another 30% of its playerbase.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 10:53   #59
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
WE ARE DEAD I TELL YOU..... DEAD!!!!
erm, Rumad, you're silly

i was being sarcastic, trying to prove the point that one person can't bring down an alliance. clearly Kal argues otherwise.

shall i publicly apologize to NoS HC for ruining your alliance? Sorry Aria, Hellz, Cincy... sorry to interested parties such as Borg and TinE.

i'm evil, I ruined NoS. sorry Dingo.

gimme a break. one person doesn't have the power to ruin an alliance... as i said, FAnG didn't even die when a member of command sabotaged things. think a DC has that much political clout?

you do seem to contradict yourself, Kal... first saying I'm shit, in essence, but then turning around to say i had enough power to ruin NoS.

stop revising for exams, it won't help without common sense.

Last edited by tygercub; 30 Apr 2004 at 10:59.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:04   #60
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
But then its no just you, I coudl probably say the same about far to many people - people running modern alliances are all boring and hate fighting.

I
Nice generalisation.

I assume that goes for your own alliance as well ?

I thought we had fun fighting last round NoS+hirr vs VsN.

I think a lot of people like a fight, but we also prefer a "fair" fight, which is not going on at the moment.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:09   #61
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
erm, Rumad, you're silly

i was being sarcastic, trying to prove the point that one person can't bring down an alliance. clearly Kal argues otherwise.

shall i publicly apologize to NoS HC for ruining your alliance? Sorry Aria, Hellz, Cincy... sorry to interested parties such as Borg and TinE.

i'm evil, I ruined NoS. sorry Dingo.

gimme a break. one person doesn't have the power to ruin an alliance... as i said, FAnG didn't even die when a member of command sabotaged things. think a DC has that much political clout?

you do seem to contradict yourself, Kal... first saying I'm shit, in essence, but then turning around to say i had enough power to ruin NoS.

stop revising for exams, it won't help without common sense.
I didn;t say you were shit, simply that I thought you would be a bad HC precisly becuase of what you did to NoS etc.

Also I never really insulted ND that much - in my orginial post where I insulted tygercub I probably insulted FPM more than ND.

Anyway it was not my intention to insult ND, I was merely dissapointed by some decisions ND has made. And tyger, although i intended to insult you, that is not to say that I was right to do so, the fact that they made you HC and that you still are HC, suggests to me that you must have changed since you were in NoS. So good luck to you and ND, I hope things go better for you in ND than they did in NoS.

So sorry ND and tyger, i'll concentrate on flaming FPM now

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Last edited by Kal; 30 Apr 2004 at 11:15.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:10   #62
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Look at FYTFO above us. 19 more members, 4k more roids. LOWER THAN OUR AVERAGE ROID COUNT.
No offence, but FYTFO has been fighting a war this round far longer, than ND has, so imo a very bad example.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:16   #63
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I didn;t say you were shit, simply that I thought you would be a bad HC precisly becuase of what you did to NoS etc.
you made it clear that you have no respect for me. tell you what, when your opinion matters, i'll buy you a first-class ticket to the US and we can sit down and talk over lunch.

and what i did to NoS? pm me and clarify what that was. exposing political underhandedness and backstabbing may have hurt the alliance, but i still maintain it was the right thing to do. telling the truth is never wrong, they just don't tell you that in law school.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:17   #64
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
And with you here, Time will ender sooner than if you arent. I hope you think about that when R11 loses another 30% of its playerbase.
lets hope you are one of the 30% after your last comment - go back down your hole wece you came from young lad

As for the rest of your reply already commented - wont comment anymore.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:19   #65
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

It is weird that someone hasn't said : Kal go fck yourself plz
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:21   #66
Kal
Inactive peon

and to think we had nearly got back on track and moved things to pm :/

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:22   #67
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
lets hope you are one of the 30% after your last comment - go back down your hole wece you came from young lad

As for the rest of your reply already commented - wont comment anymore.
heh. YOU create the most boring round in history, and when people complain, you think they should leave? heh. Good one. Fatty.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:25   #68
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
No offence, but FYTFO has been fighting a war this round far longer, than ND has, so imo a very bad example.
valid, the reason I chose that example is because they are above us and who I'm most concentrating on to get us above them. VGN then. They are one place below us, with a lower average roid count.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:25   #69
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
heh. YOU create the most boring round in history, and when people complain, you think they should leave? heh. Good one. Fatty.
No i think you should leave because you are flaming me for a rather innocuous post that I made regarding the fact that FAnG has nver died.

keep the insults coming though - your not very good at them.

simply you are proving yourself to be nothing but a child - especially after the several posts I have made on the subject (which you have clearly missed).

Go back down your hole and come up wen you have something sensible to say to the adults.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:50   #70
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

What I find funny is this:

You insult me and maybe others, for saying something about how you always get defense.

If FPM actually took the effort involved to break ND defense and roid them, you'd insult us for doing that too.

Is there no middle ground, or will you just insult everyone above you until the round is over?
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 12:01   #71
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You should have included some unit scans in your posts (editting out the coords, obviously) to back up your claims. As it is, you just sound like someone who is begrudging being defended against.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 12:06   #72
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You should have included some unit scans in your posts (editting out the coords, obviously) to back up your claims. As it is, you just sound like someone who is begrudging being defended against.
Sing along with me - .o/~ I agree with Tomkat ~\o.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 12:09   #73
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
No i think you should leave because you are flaming me for a rather innocuous post that I made regarding the fact that FAnG has nver died.

keep the insults coming though - your not very good at them.

simply you are proving yourself to be nothing but a child - especially after the several posts I have made on the subject (which you have clearly missed).

Go back down your hole and come up wen you have something sensible to say to the adults.
We were talking about FAnG. Not your personal views.

FAnG this round are proving themselves to be mostly ****s, too scared of a real fight.

Point me to the flaming plsta.

I see the flaming started from you, not me

And what TomKat said.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 13:19   #74
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
We were talking about FAnG. Not your personal views.

FAnG this round are proving themselves to be mostly ****s, too scared of a real fight.

Point me to the flaming plsta.

I see the flaming started from you, not me

And what TomKat said.
no actually you started it, but i can't be arsed to proove the point. as for too scared for a real fight - your such a man making comments about real fights in a internet game.

Get your head out of your own arse ta.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 14:19   #75
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Rumad, I suggest you stop making you look like a fool -again.
You been doing this for rounds now, so why havent you learned?

I salute NewDawn for their fighting spirit!
May the roids flow your way.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 14:22   #76
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2k

You insult me and maybe others, for saying something about how you always get defense.

If FPM actually took the effort involved to break ND defense and roid them, you'd insult us for doing that too.

Is there no middle ground, or will you just insult everyone above you until the round is over?
I never insulted FMP for attacking us, I simply said that it is silly ND gets flamed for defending.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 15:37   #77
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Strider2k, this was a silly thread. You were frustrated at not getting through on attacks and you vented, you got called out on it, end this.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 16:58   #78
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had 92 incoming hostile fleets this round (None in the past coupla weeks, they were mostly in a concentrated period of 10~ days when ND was under huge pressure from FPM), ND covered most of them and allowed me to play a round with a chance to grow (and return the favour of deffing to mates). Although I've become inactive over the last coupla weeks (upcoming exams, and rl > pa), I've still launched retals etc (such as one on a MISTU guy that was over 4x my size), and have been pretty much constantly attacking. ND are growing in roids and score, and as has been said, are 5th in average score (after being stonewalled at 45k roids and even going under 44k for a lil bit)... I think ND are doing well considering, and what's most, I'm having a decent time

And tyger has done a great job considering terrible rl pressures, we have an excellent DC team, and I'm proud and happy to be ND!

[ND]Gate
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:14   #79
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Rumad, I suggest you stop making you look like a fool -again.
You been doing this for rounds now, so why havent you learned?

I salute NewDawn for their fighting spirit!
May the roids flow your way.
no actualy zhuhov he started it - i aint putting up with crap from anyone.

Anyway its bank holiday wekend - see you tuesday cause i am gonna go and have some fun
Proud to be Independent
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:41   #80
tygercub
apathetic

i had to take a three hour road trip from one state to another this morning... and i thought about this thread for a good portion of the journey... and, like i said when i got back, i think it's silly to flame ND for defending.

there's a common sentiment that ND is a "podunk" alliance. before i was ND, i admit i "judged the book by its cover," so to speak. i guess all it takes is a little insight to realize that i, like so many, was wrong.

instead of responding to you and defending ND in this specific post, instead of telling you what's wrong with you and FMP and Planetarion, i'm going to tell you what's right with ND.

ygrzl - one of the easiest and most friendly people one could ever come across. dedicated DC, awesome friend, compassionate, selfless.

Md - who can forget the smile he puts after almost everything he says? a caring young man that always asks how my mom is doing, how i am holding up... never a bad word to say about anything or anyone.

Barrow - a true friend... what he said about ND being like a tight-knit sweater is true... and sometimes the sweater begins to itch.... but Barrow and i always work through things. you can't learn to dance without stepping on your partner's toes... and i'm surprised Barrow isn't a paraplegic after i've undoubtedly crushed his feet... but he's a trooper and he never gives up on his friends, his galmates, or his alliance.

Achilles - definitely my best friend in all of ND... and in all of PA.

Steinmetz and Spritfire - the two guys who can make me pull my hair out and then laugh when i'm holding it in my hands. they aren't afraid to tell me when i'm wrong and they aren't afraid of political disagreement. they both have my utmost respect.

Evelios / Byrney / Gate / angryduck / Wasted / scraper / Vader / [ND]Vader / Shooter16 - some of the most pleasant and hardworking officers i've ever worked with... true warriors.

Ichindur / Samildanach / everyone else who lets me tease them / everyone else who puts up with my sarcastic sense of humor and fires back one-liners of their own. you guys are what make those long nights fun.

now that i feel like Peter Jackson at the Oscars, I want to make one more point about what's right with ND. we are undergoing an overhaul of our forums... new domain... the works. less than 24 hours after the thread was posted asking for donations, ND had raised approximately 90 pounds for vbulletin and the domain/shell/etc. i didn't expect people to pool their resources for a silly game. no one really expected it. when i thanked one of the donors, he simply said "ND gives so much to me, it's only fair that i give back."

it's THAT kind of community and teamwork i wish existed EVERYWHERE in **********... i think the game would be a hell of a lot more fun if it did.

so ND defends a lot, flame us if you must... we look out for each other. but until you step foot inside the alliance channels and give us a legitimate chance, until you see what we're really about, i'd venture to say you really don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited by tygercub; 30 Apr 2004 at 17:43. Reason: my grammar stinks
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:46   #81
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
it's THAT kind of community and teamwork i wish existed EVERYWHERE in **********... i think the game would be a hell of a lot more fun if it did.

Planet a rion is a bad word now?
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:55   #82
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Surely almost runining NoS is something he should be commended for ?!?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 18:04   #83
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Surely almost runining NoS is something he should be commended for ?!?
identity crisis again, i thought i was a girl
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 18:16   #84
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I sincerely apologize for wasting resources on ships that will help my friends that play Planetarion. If I had known that assisting them with their planets would put you in such an uncomfortable position and force you to degrade us - I never would have built stalwarts.
this is another thing i thought about on the way here. when Barrow and i get a chance to talk later today, i'm going to advocate a new plan: instead of wasting our resources on ships that will help our friends, i am going to propose that we tell EVERY New Dawn member to donate to their respective galfunds... and keep donating and donating and donating... then when the gal funds reach the 25 mil cap, i'll advise them to maneuver and exploit bugs in the game. then ND can finally compete with the big boys.

it is, indeed a travesty when ND spends their resources on ships. it is, indeed, a travesty when people use two of their three slots to defend.

/sarcasm

Last edited by tygercub; 30 Apr 2004 at 18:22.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 18:18   #85
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't think any FPM planets attacked anymore bar escorting touriquet's fleet around the universe
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:04   #86
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Only one thing worth commenting on in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I orignially named all my fleets the same in order to track down something on a support case - i then forgot about it due to exams, when you reported the bug to me it reminded me and I reported it to pa team
This is a lie. IRC excerpt:

[18:33:20] <[ND]Achilles> All my fleets are named the same
[18:33:28] <[ND]Achilles> Surely this is, well, wrong
[18:33:32] <Kal> and? so are mine
[18:33:37] <Kal> don;t tell and admin

You are a liar and a hypocrite. The fact that you are even allowed in the support channel, much less as a helper, typifies what is wrong with PATeams attitude towards rules enforcement.

As for you using these forums to launch a personal attack on the character of other players...

Well that's just sad. Grow up.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:47   #87
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
identity crisis again, i thought i was a girl
Not knowing who you are crisis
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 20:09   #88
Aria

Aria is an unknown quantity at this point

So what if ND is defending, good for them! They are still attacking, this I know. But good job if they can stop people from landing on their members! ND is a good bunch of guys and girls and am proud knowing them!

Kal, as for your personal attack on tyger...this was the wrong place to do that. You being a support team member should know better. If you have something against her, you should have done it in private, not publicly.

I don't normally post on threads like this, but I couldn't just walk away from this one, as the personal attack is just wrong in public.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 20:24   #89
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:

small reminder, u started this whining thread because ur too wank to get roids off a rank 7 alliance.
Nuff said now go play with the marbels.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 20:39   #90
Shaithess

And I'm quite sure Riddim isn't even playing!
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 21:01   #91
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

apart from the personal insults (leave tyger alone!) this thread has been hilarious! I guess i must be hallucinating all those roids and attacks i've been on since i joined ND a few weeks ago then...
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 21:09   #92
Shaithess

Yes Nef, the evuhl ND created a fake PaX.5, in which you attack, so you THINK you're attacking, but you aren't really!

And then you, umm, hallucinate the roids, which you then def...

No, despite looking at it in every conceivable way, I'm sure those attacks were real - I've even stayed sober to study over the last few weeks!

(also, teh phrase; 'I'd love to see things from your perspective, but I can't fit my head up my ass' should be applicable, but I wouldn't want to seem overly nasty and hurt anyone's feelings now!)

[ND]Gate
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 21:18   #93
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

without even reading most of the thread apart from the initial first 5 posts, i can only say what you see here is the fine example of a person growing to big for his own shoes.

Mr Strider2k is probably for the first time winning, so please applaude his greatness and help him to grab roids.
Winning is one thing, complaining about how the losers should react is just bad sport.

Afterall if you cant pwn them maybe you should ask why, certainly you didnt care when your mightly block walked over them to ask this question.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:03   #94
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I just find it funny that people don't see it the way I do is all. I mean after all, I can't be hellucinating these def fleets, so it's obvious to me that either a select group of individuals actually attacks, or you call sending 300 ships at a target an attack.

I dunno how many times I haveto say this but: I don't care that you actually def your members. Thats peachy really. What I do care is that I've yet to be attacked by ND this round, and that I rarely, if ever, see ND incoming, even on our smaller galaxies. If your gonna do nothing but def, I see no point in playing the game. I mean, what if I inited upto like 2k roids, and I was 500k score, didn't build ships and just donated resources away. Yet I always got def, regardless of incomings. Nobody ever retalled my attackers, nobody ever threatened them etc. Wouldn't you get annoyed?

And no Razor, this isn't the first time I'm "winning" if winning is what you can call it. Even when I was on the losing side I "won" I don't play the game to be #1, I play it to be better then I was last round. So far I've never "lost"
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:08   #95
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And no Razor, this isn't the first time I'm "winning" if winning is what you can call it. Even when I was on the losing side I "won" I don't play the game to be #1, I play it to be better then I was last round. So far I've never "lost"
I'm sure your parents are very proud.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:15   #96
The_Fish
ND

The thing i love about this thread, is that as soon as one post about ND is on here, half of ND come to praise themselves and ND
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:28   #97
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ygrzl - one of the easiest and most friendly people one could ever come across. dedicated DC, awesome friend, compassionate, selfless.
YGRZL IS EASY? SWEET

In all honesty - this thread, while pointless, is correct. I have no attack ships left. But that would be my fault.

To be perfectly fair, I sincerely would like to hear what Kal, Strider, and to a lesser degree, Rumad would do in our situation with our resources. Would you sacrifice defence in order to take a larger target? If the purpose of attacking is to get roids, then why wouldnt you stress the defence of those very roids?

I don't get it - assuming theres something there to get.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:32   #98
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Strider - if you're in a position where you can be attacking ND often, then I'm surprised either you or your gal havent been on the receiving end of an attack or two.

I believe, if my numbers are correct... we've launched attacks on 9 of the top 25 galaxies and we've had attacks land on 6 of those 9.

Some of those attacks have been run by ND solely and some have been run via a coalition attempt to strike back at those that strike at us - but...maybe your coords list is out of date? Or maybe you just arent enough of a thorn in our side to warrant being put on our list of targets? Or maybe we're just lame.

One of those three, I do believe.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:36   #99
Recluse

Truthfully barrow, I'd simply say to get more creative. In the next few days it would delight me to see ND just get creative with some tactics. I'm not even a BC but there are a few ideas even I could think of, that would likely piss off the FPM victims, give ND something to have fun with (other then defending) and would honestly make me shutup about this whole bit. Last round, or maybe round before last, when NoS was like 11th or 12th we still didn't give up. The BC's DC's got creative, and within a week we jumped 1 place and began moving up. Now sure, we weren't going to win the round, but we weren't just gonna sit there either attacking nobodies. Yes, atm I'm on the winning side, but I don't just want the losing side to roll over and die, lets have fun fs.
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:42   #100
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Well - pardon me if I'm not overcome by pity for your boredom. I believe, regardless of which 'winning' alliance you may be a part of, your command does not share the same appetite for action which you seem to lust for.

That said, I'd refer you to Zhil - who was on the receiving end of 27(i think) hours of attack/recalls from Ferret. I believe Achilles has a similar streak, ending up with a fairly well-balanced wtfpwnage of his target. Dedication is abundant, and while we have our collective backs to the collective walls, fleet catching and other fun and exciting tactics may not be on the menu for each and every night.

Again, I'm surprised that you'd rank 'being creative' as more important for the well-being of the alliance than defending. I guess this is where we agree to disagree. We do our fair share of killing on the defensive side, while maintaing our structural intergrity, which has effectively ended a few of your members rounds. Just ask Mr. Flibbles.