User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:55   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
PC problems

For a while now I have had this problem but I have never really paid much attention to it as it wasn't that bad. Recently though it seems to be getting worse.

What happens is when I load up my pc it will get to the login page and then just restart. Before this would only happen once and then it was fine, though with the occasional restart after I had been using the pc for a few hours.

Now it can restart anything up to 10-15 times before I even have time to enter my password, after that it can restart a few times before loading up windows or during the first 15 minutes of windows running. Once it has been on longer than this I get no trouble.

This problem seems to have survived numerous formats and changes of hardware and none of my mates who have had looks have been able to tell me what's wrong (I am not particularly pc savvy).

The only other info I can give you is when it finally loads I have the series error message off windows with the error signiture:

BCCode : 27 BCP1 : BAAD00A3 BCP2 : F7C62AA4 BCP3 : F7C627A0
BCP4 : 8054A832 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

and the technical information about error report says:

The following files will be included in the report
C:\DOCUME~1\Adam\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4c8f.dir00\Mini010706-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Adam\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4c8f.dir00\sysdata.xml

neither of which I can actually find.

Anyone know what's wrong?
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 03:09   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: PC problems

does a box with a countdown timer appear when it restarts?
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 03:50   #3
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

no it just sort of makes a clicking sound and immediately restarts.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 04:21   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

hm, sounds like hardware issue then.
perhaps overheating?
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 04:32   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

if it were a virus relatd it'd more likely happen after login not before since most things don't even load till after this point.

I'd probably agree some sort of hardware issue.

The error info you supllied unfortunately is not the full report, it's just debugging info windows generates and sends to its programmers.

However, goto your control panel->administrative tools and open the event viewer and look for entries with a red cross next to them.. see if there's any consistancy in the errors reported and if any relate to a specific file or program.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 06:41   #6
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

clicking sound may indicate an upcoming hard disk drive failure (experienced that quite a few times already).
if i was u, i'd migrate the important data asap.
try reinstalling windoze on a differerent HDD.
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
= Audentes Fortuna Iuvat =
Sir Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:43   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
hm, sounds like hardware issue then.
perhaps overheating?
I'm pretty sure that my mates checked that for me and said it was fine. Also wouldn't that cause more of a problem when it has been on for a while rather than when first loading up after a few weeks off?

Quote:
However, goto your control panel->administrative tools and open the event viewer and look for entries with a red cross next to them.. see if there's any consistancy in the errors reported and if any relate to a specific file or program.
One that seems to reappear is:

=========================

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 06/01/2006
Time: 10:18:11
User: N/A
Computer: REBORN
Description:
Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000520, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804ee011.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 30 1000000
0020: 61 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d a Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 35 32 30 2c 20 000520,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 00000002
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 38 30 34 65 00, 804e
0050: 65 30 31 31 e011

=========================

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

======================

then in the more help section the:
filename is always faultrep.dll
version 5.1.2600.2180

=============

sorry about just giving you all that, it just means nothing to me so I have no idea what is useful
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 05:10   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Stop 0x0000000A errors are able to be generated by both software and hardware issues. The message indicates that a kernel mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address that it did not have access to.
So it could be either driver or hardware issue. I found the following resources that may be of help, but this is going to require a bit of old-fashioned troubleshooting.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000365.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_N..._OR_EQUAL.html