User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 28 Sep 2005, 18:59   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
New Memory

Before i go and shell out around 100 quid on two sticks of 512meg Crucial Ballistix stuff im wondering

a) is buying 'high grade' memory actually worth the extra cost

b) is corsair value ram pretty much exactly the same as their twinx stuff.

My system is as follows :

Abit Av8 - 3rd Eye

AMD64 S939 3000+ (Venice)

512meg of PCworld (whatever the hell they stock there in their own little case) crap memory. (PC2700)

Geforce 6600GT AGP

So boys and girls should i be spending 50 odd quid for some 'scan offer of the week 2 sticks of 512' or should i be spending 70-90 odd quid on some 'high quality stuff guvnor'
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 10:00   #2
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: New Memory

high grade stuff.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 12:37   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

If you're not going to doing any heavy OCing where all the extra performance counts for getting the highest 3DMark score you can get then high grade OCing ram of course.

Otherwise value ram will do just fine.

I would try get 2GB Value ram, I think it can be had for about £150-170 for 2x1GB modules.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 13:06   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went for the ballistix high grade stuff. Im waiting for a techy to phone me back to give me all the settings for the bios because im fairly sure its not currently clocked as fast as it can go.

sadly i just spotted these two beauties on scan and once again my card is quivering in the corner of my room because it might be abused again :-(((

200GB Samsung SpinPoint SP2004C 7200rpm, 8MB, SATA II Fluid Dynamic Bearings, 25dBA £51.50 £60.51

250GB Samsung SpinPoint P120S (SP2504C) 7200rpm, 8MB, SATA II Fluid Dynamic Bearings, 25dBA £63.95 £75.14
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 13:38   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

some dick neg repped me for my recommendation and failed to say who they were. Whoever they are knows little about memory.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote