User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 30 Sep 2005, 05:47   #1
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
Rating Web Design?

Ok, well ive made a webpage.... and i was wondering if you lot could give me a rating on it.. ? Or just what you think about it et-cetra.... first impressions and the like, improvements that could be made, ect..

www.gta-four.net

I designed it including original art, layout, script, ect..

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 05:49   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Rating Web Design?

you used to be such a rebel

when

oh when?

did you become so domesticated?

do you knit as well?
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 05:51   #3
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

One to many times being pwnt on the internet, and low self esteme does it to the best of men. XD (but me, im just to busy fapping)

I knit on saturdays, if you wish to join. I hear there will be monopoly and sex

Unread 30 Sep 2005, 05:59   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

alright i am willing to believe that in you heart you are good and that you promise me that you will TRY to post better threads and posts.

as a faustian bargain i grant you this.

(so let me distract attention from you by the virtue of being worse. i pray you remember your desire to be a better poster)
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 06:01   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Oh Dante, what a pity, you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Dante, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you, Dante!
Ooh what you do Dante, do Dante
Don't break my heart, Dante.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 08:20   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's nice, but try a different font. Are you using Times New Roman at the moment? Fiddle with some others - or turn those links on the left and right into buttons.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 09:05   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It's nice, but try a different font.
As it seems to be made in Front Page 6.0, I'd imagine it's using the default font.

But yes - listen to Tom's advice - change the font.

I'm not actually sure why you're using Frontpage 6....you should be using a stylesheet based design, it'd be a lot easier to keep things consistent.

For example : Why are your links different font/styles? Why are the links under "Links" underlined, and then the links under "Latest News" not? And then the links bit is a different size again when you go to a different sub-page.

I'm not sure that the dark blue links on a black background work very well, they don't stand out particularly well. Again, I suspect this is the default setting so no offence meant to your sense of aesthetics.

I've not looked at in any detail, but they're my first impressions. I'm concerned by the way you've built the site - it looks like you're going to have to mess around by hand everytime you want to add some content or change the fonts, etc. Have you looked into using a more modern version of Frontpage or Dreamweaver? Have you read any tutorials about the use of CSS?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 10:20   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Deathstar, your site reminds me of ctrlaltdel for some reason. Probably the layout
It looks quite nice, but the top graphic is a bit big. I'm not sure about the font/style of the titles. If anything, the words should slant the other way. Also, some sort of stretch to fit or *something* would be an idea. I'm currently on 1024x768 (god knows why) and I know the page is made for those few still in 800x600, but maybe set it so the right hand banner is off the page on 800x600 or something, so you have room to write stuff in the middle.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 10:26   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Both of these don't look bad, Flavio .

Though this was like flavi.us at first :P
not that much there though looks like about.com or whatever it's called

Is minimalism in vogue again? Nice, but a bit on the compact size.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 12:42   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Flavius' all suck as does he

Poor Flavius!

(i'm such a bully)

(they don't really)
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 12:50   #11
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
For example : Why are your links different font/styles? Why are the links under "Links" underlined, and then the links under "Latest News" not? And then the links bit is a different size again when you go to a different sub-page

Thats because the links under latest news are coded in HTML, but the links in latest news are a PHP script i have installed on the page, and i havnt figured out how to change the color and format of PHP yet. Those are defaults, but i dont know how to chage them inside the php script because i dont have good knowledge of php.

Quote:
Have you looked into using a more modern version of Frontpage or Dreamweaver? Have you read any tutorials about the use of CSS?
I have the version of Frontpage was in officeXP... so im not sure how old that is... And CSS is hard (But maybe worth learning)

Unread 30 Sep 2005, 12:59   #12
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

it is too dark, there need to be much more colours and yes TNR looks just too old skool to be cool.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 13:21   #13
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Stop hosting the images for screenshots on Imageshack or whatever. Write an upload script for your users and host them locally to the website.

Imageshack is amature and makes it all look crap.

Font needs changing, as already mentioned.

The red text outline with the blue background does not work. Makes the site look like it should be dedicated to Thexder (ancient game, go Google)

Whilst on looks, there's nothing on the site apart from content and URL that would suggest it is a fansite for GTA. The colour scheme and design would work well if you were targetting Shadowrun roleplayers or the next Terminator game, but you're targetting GTA. Look at the colour schemes on GTA - they're mostly all pastel colours, bright and vibrant yet with the shine taken from them. Ethnic, you could say. Look at the box art. Look at the game art. Look at the game itself. Use the colours, visually link the design to GTA.

Take for example the Planet-whatever sites. PlanetHalfLife was oranges and blacks. Colours are the most memorable effect of a site. It's what your brain uses to link memories with.

Example.
On my laptop, I use Retro v1 for my forums skin. It reminds me of PA, it reminds me of the forums, it reminds me of the whole history of the site. The colours bind the visual side of the site to the actual reason it's here.

At home, I use that one that was paid for by s|K? It has nothing remotely similar to the Retro v1 skin, other than content which is independent of skin. When at home, I think of it as the forums. I know the users, I know the threads, but I rarely link it to Planetarion as visually it does nothing to remind me of Planetarion.

That's just my two cents, not having worked in the design industry for the past six years or anything...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 13:24   #14
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

CSS is not hard, its a lot easier and cleaner, when using div tags, rather than html tables.

i am converting my entire site to use css2, and i only have been using it [css2] for the late week :-)

[edit] And use dreamweaver!!

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 30 Sep 2005 at 13:33.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 15:10   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1) Far too flashy - simple and functional is best. Your overuse of 'flash' graphics and texts detracts from the content.

2) Why are you leaving almost half of the space unused (the huge black borders at each side?).

3) I dont think that bright blue on a black background works in terms of contrast. It irritates the eyes to look at a page like that for exetended periods of time.

4) Your links on the left are indistinguishable from your main text. EIther change their colour to a conventional hyperlink colour, or underline them, or just do anything that actually causes them to look like links. Also, you want some sort of mouseover effect on them as well.

5) You are using far too many colours for your main text. You have white text, blue headlines, grey text for the dates, and red text for the 'posted by' bit. This is bad. Use 3 colours maximum, preferably 2
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 15:22   #16
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

These tips are really helping, and i do plan to implement some of them, so thank you

Quote:
Stop hosting the images for screenshots on Imageshack or whatever. Write an upload script for your users and host them locally to the website.

Imageshack is amature and makes it all look crap.
yeah, but we have a budget, and im concerned about the bandwith that would require... (Im asuming linking to imageshack uses minimal bandwith, as compare with hosting images on-site.

Unread 30 Sep 2005, 16:17   #17
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
yeah, but we have a budget, and im concerned about the bandwith that would require... (Im asuming linking to imageshack uses minimal bandwith, as compare with hosting images on-site.
They're images. Drop the size of the file by using Photoshop or similar to save for web. Make lo-res JPEG's out of the original files. You're not using them for print, nor are you advertising yourself as a GTA4 image library, so drop the resolution. You should be able to make each file small enough to not worry about bandwidth whilst maintaining the quality required (note that's required, not desired.) If you can't do this, learn to use Photoshop properly.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 16:42   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
What do you have against using the whole page? Why do people think that cramming their site into 50% of the horizontal width looks good?
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 16:48   #19
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
They're images. Drop the size of the file by using Photoshop or similar to save for web. Make lo-res JPEG's out of the original files. You're not using them for print, nor are you advertising yourself as a GTA4 image library, so drop the resolution. You should be able to make each file small enough to not worry about bandwidth whilst maintaining the quality required (note that's required, not desired.) If you can't do this, learn to use Photoshop properly.
an example...

note the top image is your current one at 201k, the bottom one shows the difference (minimal imo) if saved at 50% quality/10% of the size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
What do you have against using the whole page? Why do people think that cramming their site into 50% of the horizontal width looks good?
probably the simplest way of catering for those still on 800x600 monitors
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 19:13   #20
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

note the top image is your current one at 201k, the bottom one shows the difference (minimal imo) if saved at 50% quality/10% of the size
Exactly. Visible lack of clarity around the sharp distinct lines, but only because the original is bang on top of it. If you'd not seen the original, you'd never notice any of it.

Now that the heading image has been brought up, personally I'd say it's too busy. Mind, I emphasise that as being me personally. Others on this forum may disagree, of which they are of course welcome to do so.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 00:42   #21
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I didn't even know there was going to be a GTA 4.

Cool.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 02:36   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ok, well ive made a webpage.... and i was wondering if you lot could give me a rating on it.. ? Or just what you think about it et-cetra.... first impressions and the like, improvements that could be made, ect..

www.gta-four.net

I designed it including original art, layout, script, ect..
The site looks excellent. I'd change the font from Times Roman to Verdana or Arial however.

Also don't decrease the image sizes (dimensions) (do save them for the web though - reduce file size as demonstrated by 1-X ) as people who don't have broadband don't deserve to be on the internet. I don't want my quality of life to decrease (I spend signficant portions of it online) because people are still using telephone lines to connect to the web. Bastards. I think the pictures look fantastic, I love the color scheme.

Last edited by s|k; 1 Oct 2005 at 02:46.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 02:42   #23
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1) Far too flashy - simple and functional is best. Your overuse of 'flash' graphics and texts detracts from the content.

2) Why are you leaving almost half of the space unused (the huge black borders at each side?).

3) I dont think that bright blue on a black background works in terms of contrast. It irritates the eyes to look at a page like that for exetended periods of time.

4) Your links on the left are indistinguishable from your main text. EIther change their colour to a conventional hyperlink colour, or underline them, or just do anything that actually causes them to look like links. Also, you want some sort of mouseover effect on them as well.

5) You are using far too many colours for your main text. You have white text, blue headlines, grey text for the dates, and red text for the 'posted by' bit. This is bad. Use 3 colours maximum, preferably 2
Don't listen to any of this nonesense. I think it looks great. Fixed width is fine. And I like flashy, **** functionality. If it were a government site, I'd say yeah functionality is important, but man it's a game site, people are there to enjoy themselves, and I enjoy your design. If Nodrog cares about functionality let him use a text based browser. Also, standard color scheme for professional web developers is 5 to 6 colors. (Well matched colors).
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 12:21   #24
Nodrog

http://www.planetquake.com/

This is an example of a well designed games site. Note the simple and functional (yet attractive) layout, the use of only 3 text colours all of which contrast well rather than being chosen almost at random, and so on.

No competent interface designer would ever use 5 or 6 different colours of text.

edit: http://www.planetunreal.com/ is a simlar layout but with a different colours (although again note the number of different colours used). http://www.planetdreamcast.com/ is also quite nice although I dont really like the orangey colour. http://www.ccgr.org/ (lol) is another fairly attractive minimalist games site, although the text is too small and the centre panel seems a bit wide.

www.gamespot.com is an example of a terribly designed site. Its unpleasant to look at compared to the above because there is far too much going on - the navigation system is also a joke. http://www.gamesradar.com/ is bad for similar reasons, and look at how ugly the massive unused space on the right looks, compared to the above sites which manage to use the whole screen area well. Just because youre making a website devoted to a fun topic, it doesnt mean you should randomly throw in lots of pretty pictures and colours in the hope that something nice will emerge.

Last edited by Nodrog; 1 Oct 2005 at 12:34.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:45   #25
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
http://www.planetquake.com/

This is an example of a well designed games site. Note the simple and functional (yet attractive) layout, the use of only 3 text colours all of which contrast well rather than being chosen almost at random, and so on.

No competent interface designer would ever use 5 or 6 different colours of text.

edit: http://www.planetunreal.com/ is a simlar layout but with a different colours (although again note the number of different colours used). http://www.planetdreamcast.com/ is also quite nice although I dont really like the orangey colour. http://www.ccgr.org/ (lol) is another fairly attractive minimalist games site, although the text is too small and the centre panel seems a bit wide.
All of these sites have far more than your suggested 2 or 3 colors (I noticed that you've qualified it to text colors - wtf), I counted as far as 7 on one and stopped. The planetunreal one (note all of these sites are IGN sites and use the same template, so all these links are really just one site design) has almost the same color scheme you criticize Qdeathstar about.

Nodrog, I don't think you know a thing about website design. The Gamespot design is very professional. What bothers me most is your presumptuous attitude and the peremptory manner in which you dismiss designs as terrible. How about adding 'I think' or 'I believe'.

If Nodrog designed websites, I'd hate the internet.

http://www.ccgr.org/ <--- this is not an avant garde minimalist site structure architecture and design, it's a shit php-nuke skin with a horrible layout and tepid colors.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:58   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
All of these sites have far more than your suggested 2 or 3 colors (I noticed that you've qualified it to text colors - wtf)
He started off by saying the colours thing applied to text - and indeed that's accepted practice in most "style guides" you get for either print or web design.

I can't really follow how you can say "don't listen to any of this nonsense" when many of his points are fairly common sense (e.g. QDS choice of colours for links doesn't contrast well with the background).
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:17   #27
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
All of these sites have far more than your suggested 2 or 3 colors (I noticed that you've qualified it to text colors - wtf)
My original post said 'text colours' you loon.

Quote:
The planetunreal one has almost the same color scheme you criticize Qdeathstar about.
No it doesnt, and the Christian one wasnt IGN.

Quote:
Nodrog, I don't think you know a thing about website design. The Gamespot design is very professional.
No, it isnt.

Quote:
What bothers me most is your presumptuous attitude and the peremptory manner in which you dismiss designs as terrible. How about adding 'I think' or 'I believe'.
what

They are just bad websites. "I think its poor" would be something subjective such as me not liking the colour scheme on the planetdreamcast website, not outstandingly shitty design. Unless this is some kind bizarro html-relativism where all websites are equally well designed and it just comes down to how much you happen to like them.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:19   #28
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
He started off by saying the colours thing applied to text - and indeed that's accepted practice in most "style guides" you get for either print or web design.

I can't really follow how you can say "don't listen to any of this nonsense" when many of his points are fairly common sense (e.g. QDS choice of colours for links doesn't contrast well with the background).
Using a style guide isn't being very creative is it. Personally I would have chosen different colors, but I like Qdeathstar's colors, and they look bold and stand out. I personally think it's his font that needs to change.

Also, no Nodrogs points aren't common sense because there is no such thing as common sense, do show me that suppository where this communal accumulation of understanding is. I feel that common sense is a meaningless term; it's a lazy way to justify a not very well thought out idea by appealing to some sort of convential (and nonexistant) 'wisdom'.

And yes I just called you lazy and unimaginative.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:29   #29
s|k
Caveat Lector

Look he's changed his width and ****ed the design up. Good going nodrog.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:32   #30
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

I didnt do anything to my design O.o I dont think >.> These changers are 2-3 months away, right now im in university.

O.o wtf?

Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:35   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Using a style guide isn't being very creative is it.
Nor is designing a car with four wheels underneath it

The websites Nodrog linked to may not be very pretty or imaginative, but they are at the very least useable and readable. Qdeathstar's current site is extremely lacking due to the fact that dark blue and black is not a pretty colour scheme, and telling links apart from regular text currently is impossible.

And then I'll leave the lack of a Doctype, HTML validity and the presence of table-based layout and non-existing tag-and-attribute combinations for what it is.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:36   #32
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Besides all that, the arguement is pointless. I asked for opinions... Everyone gave theirs, as they are entitled. In the end, ill deside who'se opinions are best... (im not to sure about 2-3 colors though XD ) but im sure i want to go a bit brighter

And although i didnt widen that O.o Im going too, as that looks a lot better.

Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:43   #33
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
but they are at the very least useable and readable.
I have no trouble using it or reading it. Perhaps you should adjust your screen settings.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:44   #34
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
To be honest, I don't mind sites doing this. Reading texts that are spread across the width of the entire monitor can be quite annoying, so it's a bit of a trade-off.

Once MSIE starts supporting the min-width and max-width properties, partially-liquid designs should become possible with far less drawbacks, by allowing a better use of a large monitor's width without going overboard as a percentage-based layout might.

However, if you do decide to use a fixed width design, don't throw three columns into it. At about 750 pixels width, a single side-bar is already more than enough of space taken; adding sidebars on both sides does indeed compress text way too much, both in terms of actual width, as well as perceptively by enclosing the content on all sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I have no trouble using it or reading it. Perhaps you should adjust your screen settings.
Perhaps a site is not well designed when users have to adjust their screen settings for it.

It is at the moment very annoying to read, and there is little to no way to tell what is a hyperlink and what is not. Coupled with the fact that the graphics are dark and, in my opinion also not very pretty, makes for a site with a negative user experience.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 16:49   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Using a style guide isn't being very creative is it. Personally I would have chosen different colors, but I like Qdeathstar's colors, and they look bold and stand out. I personally think it's his font that needs to change.
His fonts definitely need to change as I said in my original post in this thread. Unfortunately his link colours definitely don't "stand out" as more than one person has already said.

Quote:
Also, no Nodrogs points aren't common sense because there is no such thing as common sense, do show me that suppository where this communal accumulation of understanding is.
It's a common (polite) shorthand for "This should be obvious to anyone who has considered the question seriously".
Quote:
And yes I just called you lazy and unimaginative.
And no doubt soon you'll be threatening people on the internet who disagree with you.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:11   #36
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Perhaps a site is not well designed when users have to adjust their screen settings for it.
Acutally that was a subtle jab at your eyesight.
Perhaps you and Nodrog should not stray from handicap accessible websites.
Quote:
It is at the moment very annoying to read, and there is little to no way to tell what is a hyperlink and what is not. Coupled with the fact that the graphics are dark and, in my opinion also not very pretty, makes for a site with a negative user experience.
Here are some great sites that betray any of that 'conventional wisdom' you people are regurgitating from the Dummy's Guides and Idiot's Guides to site design you've all been reading.

Best get your walker out for these boys:

http://www.appetiteengineers.com/
http://www.trueistrue.com/tt5/2005_06_20.html
http://www.weworkforthem.com/
http://www.chapter3.net/
http://www.stanick.com/
http://www.researchstudios.com/home/home.php
http://www.designgraphik.com/
http://www.davidcarsondesign.com/
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:17   #37
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Besides all that, leshy has never had anything positve to say about me XD

I am interested however, in this "table based layout" being a problem... before i did tables, it looked shitty.. i thought everyone used tables?

Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:20   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
My eyesight is perfectly fine. In both directions.
Quote:
Here are some great sites that [bla bla bla]
The difference is that their designers do not come onto GD to ask us for our opinion. QDeathstar did, and now he is getting our opinion of his website, to which we reply that it is breaking some of the very basics of webdesign, and not in a good way.

If he can't take that, or you can't for some reason, you are perfectly justifiable in clicking that little x in the top right corner and sodding off.
Quote:
I'm afraid that says more about you than it says about me. The little blobs under your name seem to indicate a more general trend that might suggest you very seldomly contribute a positive note to these forums.

In short: it's not my fault if you're being consistently shit.
Quote:
I am interested however, in this "table based layout" being a problem... before i did tables, it looked shitty.. i thought everyone used tables?
People started using tables for layout back in the day because it made positioning relatively easy. However, the accepted method for layout design nowadays is CSS in combination with semantic HTML.

Granted, you will still see quite a few websites out there that still misuse tables, but it is a practice in decline and that will become obsolete despite a number of people clinging to them because it has been a standard practice for quite some time - and sticking with what you know is frequently preferred to innovating and staying with the times.

If you want to read more about CSS layout techniques, http://glish.com/css/ would be a good place to start out, although I'm sure that with some relevant keywords Google can offer you a great number of places to learn more about this.

Last edited by Leshy; 1 Oct 2005 at 17:28.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:24   #39
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
My eyesight is perfectly fine. In both directions.
The difference is that their designers do not come onto GD to ask us for our opinion. QDeathstar did, and now he is getting our opinion of his website, to which we reply that it is breaking some of the very basics of webdesign, and not in a good way.

If he can't take that, or you can't for some reason, you are perfectly justifiable in clicking that little x in the top right corner and sodding off.
Hahaha, you can give opinions, but I see you are not as generous receiving them. Criticism of criticism, I love it. Oh kay mr I-can-dish-it-but-not-take-it, I'll go 'sod off.'

I think you should throw your 'basics of webdesign' down the toilet, it's mediocre junkfood.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:25   #40
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:

No, not everyone. Some people are skilled enough at CSS that they don't need tables: http://www.csszengarden.com/

Last edited by s|k; 1 Oct 2005 at 17:27. Reason: Grammar edit
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:33   #41
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Hahaha, you can give opinions, but I see you are not as generous receiving them.
If they are on-topic criticism constructed with arguments, that is perfectly fine. If they are random "Well, your eyesight must suck" or "Your criticism sucks", they are completely useless and make you into a mere forum troll, which you've been doing a great job at in this thread so far
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:39   #42
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
If they are on-topic criticism constructed with arguments, that is perfectly fine. If they are random "Well, your eyesight must suck" or "Your criticism sucks", they are completely useless and make you into a mere forum troll, which you've been doing a great job at in this thread so far
Your argument was that it was hard to see his colors, I said it wasn't. It's not hard for me at all, I can read it off just fine, you can't? His text is pretty plain to read, I mean I feel that if you honestly, cannot read what is on his site to the point that you have to mention it, then I think that yes, there must be something either wrong with your eyesight, or maybe you're just a bit 'sensivitve' and your sensibilities were what was really offended. And tbh, I never meant to cause you to get all fussed up and angry.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:39   #43
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

s|k you have it in you to be a pretty good poster but holy inane babble, batman, you're a ****ing third dan at carrying on in a paranoid little world of your own logically disconnected making.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:42   #44
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
s|k you have it in you to be a pretty good poster but holy inane babble, batman, you're a ****ing third dan at carrying on in a paranoid little world of your own logically disconnected making.
Maybe it's the dnb. :eek:
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:48   #45
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Your argument was that it was hard to see his colors, I said it wasn't.
If you would be so kind as to point out where I said that, because I'm pretty sure I didn't. The bulk of his text is easy to read, because it is white on black.

Having said that, the title in the top right corner and the dark grey on black lines require more effort to read - as do the sections of black-on-black, by the way - because they are not colours that contrast very well. This doesn't even have as much to do with webdesign as with a basic sense of colours.

Additionally, the choice of font and lack of visible difference between regular text and hyperlinked text, make the page overall not a pleasure to read. Yes, it is for the most part quite legible, but it is not an actual pleasure to do so. Typography 101 may be of interest to you.

If you think this argument is about Nodrog and me being physically unable to read the text on his page, then perhaps it is you who is unable to read. These are issues that would be brought up by anyone who knows two bits of webdesign, regardless of whether or not they would be physically able to read the page.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 17:55   #46
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

For the record, a mate of mine just dropped by. I had him view the page and asked his opinion of it. After reassuring I didn't make it so he didn't have to spare any feelings or be polite, the verdit was that it was "utter shit" and reminded him of "some basic template that was ripped off of some random Lycos site".

Just a random observation from a third party.

(Yeah, I have to admit it, it made me giggle. Sue me.)
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 18:05   #47
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. Use CSS (ive just started doing this for larger sites and it makes things so much easier)
2. Change the font to something like Verdana for christ sake. TNR was never 'cool'
3. Its very 'dark'. As has been mentioned before. GTA is quite light. Id change the background to a pastel shade i think and the images id lighten up.
4. Consider using a small top graphic. Its quite large height wise and takes up a fair proportion of the screen. OR add some dynamic content to it that changes. You could be really clever and write a script that changes the colour or image everytime the page is loaded between 5 or 10 different images (that always looks kinda cool)

Pretty much what other people said but just my 2 cents worth for the record. Good luck..

p.s. use dreamweaver if your doing it with WYSIWYG style packages. Its infinitely better than frontpage.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 18:27   #48
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Consider using a small top graphic. Its quite large height wise and takes up a fair proportion of the screen. OR add some dynamic content to it that changes. You could be really clever and write a script that changes the colour or image everytime the page is loaded between 5 or 10 different images (that always looks kinda cool)
Really, don't.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 20:09   #49
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Perhaps you and Nodrog should not stray from handicap accessible websites.

Here are some great sites that betray any of that 'conventional wisdom' you people are regurgitating from the Dummy's Guides and Idiot's Guides to site design you've all been reading.

Best get your walker out for these boys:

http://www.appetiteengineers.com/
http://www.trueistrue.com/tt5/2005_06_20.html
http://www.weworkforthem.com/
http://www.chapter3.net/
http://www.stanick.com/
http://www.researchstudios.com/home/home.php
http://www.designgraphik.com/
http://www.davidcarsondesign.com/

This really depends if you are focus'ing on the design value of a site or it's actual usability. Try to think of a normal pc users traversing some of the sites, i'm sure they would be impressed with how "pretty" some of them were but many of them have serious usability issues.

fao. www.useit.com some great tips on website usability
________
Problems From Paxil

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:07.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 11:18   #50
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

- It took ages to load on dialup, but that is probably due to the image sizes mentioned previously. You can make this better by taking the steps already explained to decrease file sizes.

- The top graphic is too dark, I didnt realise there was wording on it until I studied it really closely. If you cant do it yourself, get someone who is good with graphics to make you a good header graphic.

- I personally dont find the italic slanting if the menu headers being opposite to those in the main text area very pleasing. My brain tells me this is too wishy washy.

- I wont bang on about the text colours or font style, its been said already. But some variation would be good. I found the white of black/blue very easy to read though. Blue on black is a no no for me.

- I like the simple layout of the site and overall I think its a good amateur website. I dont say this pretending to be a professional or to be too critical of your efforts.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote