User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Sep 2011, 11:01   #1
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Will a top tier alliance ever fight DFWTK 1v1?

I mean the rumor mill has started up .... whats goin on? Also any ideas on wtf a dfwtk is?
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 11:10   #2
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: Will a top tier alliance ever fight DFWTK 1v1?

Dont Fcuk With The King?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 13:17   #3
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

you could have asked this on irc before making a fail thread.

But I have to say you have an awesome taste of humour there, far better than mine.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 14:27   #4
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
you could have asked this on irc before making a fail thread.

But I have to say you have an awesome taste of humour there, far better than mine.
Damn Funny Wit There korsan
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 22:12   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

El oh ****ing el.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 10:04   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

please stop

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 17:19   #7
Slowfinger
Registered Abuser

Slowfinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
please stop
On a serious note, fancy a game of pub golf?

r16 - 82nd.
r17+ Sabbatical.
r43 - the temptation was too great.
Slowfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 18:48   #8
Maxi

Maxi has a spectacular aura aboutMaxi has a spectacular aura about

i really dont get why this thread was even created. We have little to no interests in wars etc, but was Rock decided to start one we figured we would finish it. When it comes to taking a "top tier" alliance on 1 on 1. I would rather avoid that situation all together.

As for what DFWTK stands for why dont u come into the public chan and ask us. There is a HC around 24hours a day
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 19:16   #9
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Can I take a guess since others are deadly fierce white terror kats sounds cool but I'm probably wrong but I do like you guys so guess its okay

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2011, 15:18   #10
Jeffro

Jeffro is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I imagine its something quite boring or just the HC's initials, which would also be boring.

BTW Rock and unknown acronym alliance still at war?
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2011, 15:38   #11
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
We have little to no interests in wars etc, but was Rock decided to start one we figured we would finish it.

you do know the main purpose of this game is war dont you?

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2011, 21:36   #12
Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confraria View Post
I donno some of us just try to finish in the top 100 every now and then. Wars get boring.
Unread 29 Sep 2011, 21:38   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think that summarizes everything that's wrong with PA today.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 Sep 2011, 22:18   #14
Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I think that summarizes everything that's wrong with PA today.

Explain
Unread 29 Sep 2011, 23:07   #15
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Its a war game, yet you don't want to war....the general jist of his argument I'd hazard a guess at...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 11:50   #16
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confraria View Post
No. Actually it is not. The main purpose of this game would be to avoid war.
Lets take a look from the planet/gal/alliance perspective:
For a given planet / galaxy / alliance, the main objective is to grow as much as possible. This is done by roiding, which is a hostile action, but it's not war.
War is detrimental to all parties involved. You get roided, you lose value in crashes / battles, etc. All things being equal, an alliance growth is bigger when they are not involved in a war. The game mechanics do not encourage war. XP is not enough incentive to wage a war, unless the war is over in 2-3 days, where XP can compensate for the losses.

The trick is to stay out of wars as much as possible and if you find yourself in a war, make sure you have a big advantage (numbers / politics) and are able to end the war as soon as possible, so that you can get back to growing.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 12:12   #17
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
For a given planet / galaxy / alliance, the main objective is to grow as much as possible. This is done by roiding, which is a hostile action, but it's not war.
War is detrimental to all parties involved. You get roided, you lose value in crashes / battles, etc. All things being equal, an alliance growth is bigger when they are not involved in a war. The game mechanics do not encourage war. XP is not enough incentive to wage a war, unless the war is over in 2-3 days, where XP can compensate for the losses.

The trick is to stay out of wars as much as possible and if you find yourself in a war, make sure you have a big advantage (numbers / politics) and are able to end the war as soon as possible, so that you can get back to growing.
Exactly what's wrong with this game these days.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 16:14   #18
Maxi

Quote:

I agree with this 100%, the problem with this game is that not people avoiding wars its people who start them for nothing. For me this game is much more interesting for its social aspect, I enjoy chatting with my gal and/or ally m8s and well as helping new people learn the game. Its a shame that more people dont take the time to help those who clearly have no clue what they r doing, and/or cant be irc active. You just have to take Korben as an example. He exiled into my gal midway through last round allyless with a planet that had taken a beating. A quick mail was all it took to learn he was active in game, but not irc active. I kept him around anyway and he sent out over 60 def fleets in half a round, just in gal. So this round I took it one step further and got him into DFWTK were he has done the same service for us in ally. I donno how many gals kicked him out last round for not being on irc but just 1 mail would of gotten an alliance/gal an EASY extra 100 def fleets a round. People being to stuck up too help others THAT is the problem with PA.....

Last edited by Maxi; 30 Sep 2011 at 17:45.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 16:22   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Funny thing. It's just like wars in the real world. Imagine that.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 19:22   #20
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Funny thing. It's just like wars in the real world. Imagine that.
It's quite obvious. But if you felt the need to point it out maybe its not as obvious as i thought. :P
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 19:38   #21
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Guess ya never played with me and my bp I harbour anyone I very rarely kick actives irc or not we don't mind the mail technical we have even downloaded ICQ to communicate with someone before the game gets too serious when you played as long as me and my bp we don't care to much for rank its more about having a laugh ingal

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 19:44   #22
Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
Guess ya never played with me and my bp I harbour anyone I very rarely kick actives irc or not we don't mind the mail technical we have even downloaded ICQ to communicate with someone before the game gets too serious when you played as long as me and my bp we don't care to much for rank its more about having a laugh ingal

I'm happy i'm not alone in my way of thinking. Shame there is not more people like that.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 20:05   #23
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
It's quite obvious. But if you felt the need to point it out maybe its not as obvious as i thought. :P
Reading over these forums should point out to you that it is less than obvious to most. Either that or they just choose to make dumb threads anyway.

Edit for sake of reference, the three threads referring to "1v1" wars.

Quote:
I'm happy i'm not alone in my way of thinking. Shame there is not more people like that.
You admitted to avoiding wars and playing for pranks.. if everyone played like this the game would be even more boring than it is today. With a whole load of selfish on top.

There are plenty of people who help newcomers, you shouldn't be proud of yourselves for helping out newbies, just be ashamed of those who don't.

Last edited by Zeyi; 30 Sep 2011 at 20:18.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 20:34   #24
Maxi

What I dont get if u find this game so boring why do you still play?? I dont find PA boring. I feel sorry that its lost so many players, and I do feel it can be improved, but its not boring. Looking at people bitch moaning about how boring it is to play hurts my eyes. PLAY SOMETHING ELSE if you hate it so much.

As as for being proud of myself, I'm not really. What I and some other people do to help noobs in this game shouldn't be a out of the norm, everyone should do it. So I do feel the same as you with half of what you said. I AM ashamed of those people who don't have the time of day for new players.

Perhaps I should of made it clear as to what part of Demots post I was agreeing with. Its was the having fun bit, and making time for new players. As I mentioned before my goal in PA is to break into the top100 while having a good time and a RL.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 20:37   #25
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

demort helping people!! lord help us!

(also, can i join your bp demort?)
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 20:54   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
What I dont get if u find this game so boring why do you still play?? I dont find PA boring. I feel sorry that its lost so many players, and I do feel it can be improved, but its not boring. Looking at people bitch moaning about how boring it is to play hurts my eyes. PLAY SOMETHING ELSE if you hate it so much.

As as for being proud of myself, I'm not really. What I and some other people do to help noobs in this game shouldn't be a out of the norm, everyone should do it. So I do feel the same as you with half of what you said. I AM ashamed of those people who don't have the time of day for new players.

Perhaps I should of made it clear as to what part of Demots post I was agreeing with. Its was the having fun bit, and making time for new players. As I mentioned before my goal in PA is to break into the top100 while having a good time and a RL.
I could say people complain about PA because they want to see it return to its former glory. That people feel it's better to keep playing, even if they don't think the game is that good any more. That it's easier to change things from the inside. That they don't want to turn their back on the game that's provided them with so much enjoyment in the past.

Personally, though, I think that for the most part, people just like bitching.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 20:56   #27
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:

It's a text based game of course its boring. It's the community that makes it! I know very few people (none in fact but I'm sure there's some) willing to play PA without an alliance or a group of friends in a BP/BG.

What makes the game community boring is when politics go stale as they have (possibly due to the ridiculously defencive stats). Perhaps I wasn't clear enough (my fault), but still you don't have to go putting words in my mouth - "hate" for PA was certainly not mentioned in my post. Nor did I bitch, perhaps I moaned

Last edited by Zeyi; 30 Sep 2011 at 21:01.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 21:04   #28
Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
It's a text based game of course its boring. It's the community that makes it! You wouldn't play PA single player now would you

What makes the game community boring is when politics go stale as they have (possibly due to the ridiculously defencive stats). Perhaps I wasn't clear enough (my fault), but still you don't have to go putting words in my mouth - "hate" for PA was certainly not mentioned in my post. Nor did I bitch or moan :|
Ahh ok then it seems we both were guilty of not being to clear. ofc i was not intending attack you in my last post or put words into your mouth. I just get a bit GGGRRRR with all the "trash talk" about PA. Cap the allys to 50 members and bring back the tech tree for ships then all will be right in the PA world

Last edited by Maxi; 30 Sep 2011 at 21:09.
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 21:56   #29
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree with this 100%, the problem with this game is that not people avoiding wars its people who start them for nothing. For me this game is much more interesting for its social aspect, I enjoy chatting with my gal and/or ally m8s and well as helping new people learn the game. Its a shame that more people dont take the time to help those who clearly have no clue what they r doing, and/or cant be irc active. You just have to take Korben as an example. He exiled into my gal midway through last round allyless with a planet that had taken a beating. A quick mail was all it took to learn he was active in game, but not irc active. I kept him around anyway and he sent out over 60 def fleets in half a round, just in gal. So this round I took it one step further and got him into DFWTK were he has done the same service for us in ally. I donno how many gals kicked him out last round for not being on irc but just 1 mail would of gotten an alliance/gal an EASY extra 100 def fleets a round. People being to stuck up too help others THAT is the problem with PA.....

But on the other hand iRC is easy to use and PA even has teh comunit built into the game interface to help new players interact. People have been playing this game far too long to have to fudge about mailing individuals that cant log onto iRC - its easier to exile them and get someone on who is a) irc active b) therefore being more socialable (big part of the game) c) a better overall asset to your galaxy (they can help coordinate ingal or allaince defence, learn the game quicker)

NOt wanting to use iRC shows a lack of dedcation to playing the game imo - so sod them i will continue to kick non iRC users from my galaxies until i stop playing
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2011, 16:45   #30
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
NOt wanting to use iRC shows a lack of dedcation to playing the game imo - so sod them i will continue to kick non iRC users from my galaxies until i stop playing
well if they get out of having to associate with you i see no wrong in this.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores

Last edited by vuLgAr; 1 Oct 2011 at 20:02.
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2011, 19:07   #31
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
well if they get out of having to associate with you i see no wrong in this.
I totally agree

EX

Currently

In ODDR Command
Unread 1 Oct 2011, 21:19   #32
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
But on the other hand iRC is easy to use and PA even has teh comunit built into the game interface to help new players interact. People have been playing this game far too long to have to fudge about mailing individuals that cant log onto iRC - its easier to exile them and get someone on who is a) irc active b) therefore being more socialable (big part of the game) c) a better overall asset to your galaxy (they can help coordinate ingal or allaince defence, learn the game quicker)

OMG! You got kicked out of ND?
Why? Didn't you use IRC enough?

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2011, 02:48   #33
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

PA in of itself is not boring. If I pop a pizza in the oven I don't get bored waiting for it to cook becuase I leave it be and do something else for 30 minutes. If i was to sit in front of my oven and watch it cook for 30 minutes it would be a boring experience. The boredom people perceive in PA can only be reached if you sit there and watch your PA account for an hour in between ticks with nothing else happening. That is not and should never ever ever be pereceived as a boredom with PA. Its a bordeom with your life. The fact you are watching your account for an hour straight with nothing happening so you reach a state of boredom speaks more volumes about the boring life of the person doing that, rather than an inherent flaw in the game

What is boring is the meta game. If you try to assign too many minutes of your life to PA then you have to make it more than it is. In making it more than it is you inevitably have to aspire/partake in the meta game. And the meta game is so boring because it is just people talking. One person with a boring life talking to another person with a boring life.

Its ironic that Zeyi (sorry to target this point against you Zeyi, it is in fact indicitive of the majority but yours is the last post I read) signs on a xan and then says the game is boring. Stats get changed from round to round but they work within constraints of course. If you want PA the game to take up more of your time and be more intresting for the time you spend on it, then dont go a shitty ass race that limits your possiblities. If you are bored by the mundaness of attack 2 fleets defend 1 fleets & sending some fake. then go a stealing race and hunt fleets to steal...get a fc group together.. get a scan planet on fast call so you can react tick to tick to fleet movements, get a cov op planet involved to find out if xans are real or fake... go a cov op planet and cnut any1 you fee like. Spam structure killers and hunt scanners... play low value in a +50 member tag and crash to kill value of an enemy alliance... go a support planet and be a hero saving the planets that make your alliance win.

There is a ton of options available to a planet to make the game intresting if you are a person who wishs to spend more time on PA than a few minutes per tick, but the majority choose not to explore the game. The majoirty choose to take a safe option and be a nothing planet, hoping beyond all hope to finish at a halfway decent rank to validate themselves in the eyes of their similary unisprational peers

You (in general, not specifically you Zeyi) are bored by the limitations of your own imagination. Dont sign up to a game and set your options (by picking a race with shitty ass limitations) to be 2 fleet attack 1 fleet def per day and then complain the game is boring. LOL. If i buy a ferrari and drive it at the speed limit i'd be bored.

In the immortal words of NWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li9XW0Jz8WU
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2011, 05:58   #34
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
PA in of itself is not boring. If I pop a pizza in the oven I don't get bored waiting for it to cook becuase I leave it be and do something else for 30 minutes. If i was to sit in front of my oven and watch it cook for 30 minutes it would be a boring experience. The boredom people perceive in PA can only be reached if you sit there and watch your PA account for an hour in between ticks with nothing else happening. That is not and should never ever ever be pereceived as a boredom with PA. Its a bordeom with your life. The fact you are watching your account for an hour straight with nothing happening so you reach a state of boredom speaks more volumes about the boring life of the person doing that, rather than an inherent flaw in the game

What is boring is the meta game. If you try to assign too many minutes of your life to PA then you have to make it more than it is. In making it more than it is you inevitably have to aspire/partake in the meta game. And the meta game is so boring because it is just people talking. One person with a boring life talking to another person with a boring life.

Its ironic that Zeyi (sorry to target this point against you Zeyi, it is in fact indicitive of the majority but yours is the last post I read) signs on a xan and then says the game is boring. Stats get changed from round to round but they work within constraints of course. If you want PA the game to take up more of your time and be more intresting for the time you spend on it, then dont go a shitty ass race that limits your possiblities. If you are bored by the mundaness of attack 2 fleets defend 1 fleets & sending some fake. then go a stealing race and hunt fleets to steal...get a fc group together.. get a scan planet on fast call so you can react tick to tick to fleet movements, get a cov op planet involved to find out if xans are real or fake... go a cov op planet and cnut any1 you fee like. Spam structure killers and hunt scanners... play low value in a +50 member tag and crash to kill value of an enemy alliance... go a support planet and be a hero saving the planets that make your alliance win.

There is a ton of options available to a planet to make the game intresting if you are a person who wishs to spend more time on PA than a few minutes per tick, but the majority choose not to explore the game. The majoirty choose to take a safe option and be a nothing planet, hoping beyond all hope to finish at a halfway decent rank to validate themselves in the eyes of their similary unisprational peers

You (in general, not specifically you Zeyi) are bored by the limitations of your own imagination. Dont sign up to a game and set your options (by picking a race with shitty ass limitations) to be 2 fleet attack 1 fleet def per day and then complain the game is boring. LOL. If i buy a ferrari and drive it at the speed limit i'd be bored.

In the immortal words of NWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li9XW0Jz8WU
You overestimate PA. (And you don't know how to make a pizza... 30 minutes.. pfffff..)

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2011, 00:00   #35
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

I imagine it would be rather fun to watch pizza get delivered to me in 30 min
Unread 10 Nov 2011, 13:08   #36
Blink

Blink is an unknown quantity at this point

War,
huh yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing,
oh hoh, oh
War
huh yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing,
say it again y'all
War, huh
good God