User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Feb 2005, 22:21   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Anyone who knows anything about Firefox- Create this extension:

A button that when pressed traverses your bookmarks in whatever bookmark-folder you designate.

Example:

Bookmarks folder:

Code:
- W3Schools
- GameDev
- CProgramming.com
- Jolt.com
  + News
	- Slashdot
	- NTK
	- The Friday Project
	- BBC News
Button:

A normal button like the Go button, except when right-clicked it lets you select which bookmark-folder you wish to traverse.

Usage:

1. Right-click on the button and select the News folder.
2. Click on the button it -it goes to the Slashdot webpage
3. Read said site, then click on the button again -it goes to the next site in the bookmark-folder.
4. Repeat step 3 until all sites have been read.

Reason:

It's slightly easier, and somewhat cooler, than the open-all-tabs-in-this-bookmark-folder-and manually-traverse-the-open-tabs opition.

I'm giving you, yes you Idi, the chance to implement this for fame, respect and fortune before I post it on the Firefox forums.

Weeks
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 02:05   #2
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Anyone who knows anything about Firefox- Create this extension:

if it hasn't already been done (which i suspect it already has) then someone needs to make an Opera-esque "open closed tab" button or somesuch. If it has already been done then could someone please point me to it?
ta
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 04:28   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Anyone who knows anything about Firefox- Create this extension:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
developing for firefox is the most horrible internet experience i have ever had and will never do it again until they sort their shit out
Lol

The most annoying shit I had to do was decoding MIME in eMails (I didn't do it in the end). Also pretty annoying was IRC imo, as it uses so many things that aren't in the RFCs...
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 09:36   #4
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Re: Anyone who knows anything about Firefox- Create this extension:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
if it hasn't already been done (which i suspect it already has) then someone needs to make an Opera-esque "open closed tab" button or somesuch. If it has already been done then could someone please point me to it?
ta
There was such a creature for 0.8, but I am not sure if it has been reworked for 1.0 yet.