User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:18   #1
AFriend2005

Smile Would you like to know the benefits of being a Christian?

***You should copy and paste or print this page for later use in case it gets deleted or something.

What's in it for me? This is a common question in our modern world. I will try my best to explain the benefits of being a Christian. When I say "Christian" I do not mean it in the common watered down way, as just a form of religious practice, i.e. being Christian as opposed to being Buddhist. Here Christian means the same as it did nearly 2000 years ago in Antioch, Syria where the term was first used. Then it meant, "followers of Christ," the risen Savior, the Son of God, followers who have entered into a personal relationship with God through Jesus.

Death

When most people contemplate their death, they have difficulty visualizing what will happen. The grave seems like a black wall, an end of existence, or a great unknown. It is difficult to contemplate and makes one shudder at the possibilities. It seems impossible to accept the end, the finality of our existence.

The benefits of being a Christian are numerous. As a Christian, a born again believer, I know what there is beyond the grave. The Bible tells us that "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." This tells me that no matter how wonderful I picture eternity in heaven, it's even better. This gives me, as a Christian, a great peace, knowing that the future is better than the present.

Life

Have you ever wondered why people who seem to have everything, mess up their lives with artificial happiness, or commit suicide? I used to, until I realized that it is because their lives are empty. They have money, fame, looks, health, attractive companions, yet their lives are so empty that they turn to drugs, alcohol, illicit sex, and all other manner of worldly stimuli to find relief from the emptiness. Some, who find no fulfillment at all, take their own lives. Everybody who does not know Jesus as their Savior knows this emptiness to one degree or another. It is especially noticeable when one contemplates the meaning of their life. When a person understands that no matter how famous they are now, how loved by their family, how big their bank account, what they built, even how many children they have, a hundred years from now the mention of their name will bring a quizzical, "who?" as a response. Then, it is realized that fame, family, and fortune are all fleeting and life has no meaning beyond now.

In Christ we have a fullness and a purpose in our lives. No matter how mundane our present life is now, there is still a heavenly purpose if we are walking close to Jesus. Galatians 5:22 tells us that, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. In Philippians 4:7 the Apostle Paul tells us that, "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." We have an inner peace and joy that comes only from knowing Jesus as Lord of our lives. Its called a joy inexpressible in 1 Peter 1:8 and is given as a promise of our life in Him. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." (1 Peter 1:8) I can absolutely testify to this joy, it is true, words do not describe the joy I have in knowing Jesus in a personal way. It far exceeds any happiness I ever had from any outside sources.

Views of Life

The Evolutionist View: If one accepts the common evolutionary view of life, then life really doesn't have any meaning. We as humans are no more than the result of an indeterminable number of chemical accidents and reactions, nothing more. Our existence is strictly here and now, there are no later consequences for anything one does on this life. There is no right or wrong, these are just concepts that were thought up by some other human or humans. The only thing a person must do, is avoid getting caught, and paying for what society says is one shouldn't do.

The Christian View: The world and everything and everybody in it are the creations of God. We have been put on this Earth for the purpose of serving and loving God. There are eternal standards of right and wrong, and we will bear the consequences of our choices in eternity. We can come to know Jesus in a personal manner and thereby secure our existence in heaven for eternity. We live in the peace, joy, and forgiveness that was purchased by Jesus on the cross.

The Great Gamble: I hold the Christian view. If I am wrong, then I have lived a life of peace and joy. I have given some of my time and treasure to a church in the belief that I am serving God. These personal sacrifices only add to my joy. I don't miss the time or money spent in service to my God. When I approach death, it will be with an sense of anticipation for what lies ahead. When I die, I die without fear, because I have faith that I will be in the presence of the one I worshipped for eternity future. If I am wrong, I have lived in peace, died in ignorance, AND I WILL NEVER KNOW THAT I WAS WRONG.

If I held the atheist view, I may be able to live in peace. I may help financially and physically with some charities, for the betterment of mankind. I will always know, that my life has no real meaning beyond today. No matter what I do, I will eventually just be forgotten history. The only way my existence has any meaning is in the genes that I pass on to my progeny. When I approach death, I will be approaching the end of all consciousness, but I may have fears and doubts because of religious people I have met, or religious material I may have read. When I close my eyes for the last time, that will be it. If I am wrong, I WILL KNOW FOR ALL ETERNITY THAT I WAS WRONG. I WILL REGRET FOR ALL ETERNITY NOT MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION.

There is the great gamble, as a Christian, I am in a no lose situation. My beliefs and faith give me peace and joy that is inexpressible. If I am wrong, I don't care now, and I will never care later.
The atheist non Christian is in a no win situation. He has no joy, because his life is, in reality, without meaning. He has no peace, because of the infinitesimal doubts that he may be wrong. In eternity he will forever have to pay the consequences of rejecting salvation through Jesus Christ.

So my question to you is, do you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

Is that your "final answer?"

Makes "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" seem inconsequential.

You can become a Christian and share in all the benefits that come with it.

The Bible says, "For ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Let's see if you have ever "sinned." We will do so by looking briefly at the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? If you have, then you are a liar. Have you ever stolen something (value is irrelevant)? Then you are a thief. Jesus said if you look with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. If you hate, then you have committed murder in your heart. Have you loved God above all else? Have you made a 'god' to suit yourself (having your own beliefs about God)? Have you used God's name to curse, kept the Sabbath holy, honored your parents, or been greedy? Judge yourself--have you broken the Ten Commandments? Knowing that God has seen your thought-life, and every deed done in darkness, will you be innocent or guilty on Judgment Day? You know you will be guilty. So, will you end up in heaven or hell? Don't look to God's "goodness" to save you from hell. If God is good, He will punish murderers, rapists, thieves and liars. He is so righteous, He will punish all sin.

The Bible also says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5 : 8 )

The only thing you can do to be saved from His wrath, is to repent (feel remorse or be sorry for sinning) and put your faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ. When He died on the Cross, He took the punishment for our sins. He stepped into the Courtroom and paid the fine for us. Then He rose from the dead, defeating death.

This passage explains how to be saved, "For if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

You can be saved right now and on your way to Heaven if you will open your heart to Jesus and pray the sinner's prayer out loud.

Sinner's Prayer

(Say out loud) "Jesus, I need You. I believe You love me and want to save me. I agree with You that I am a sinner. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that You bled and died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. I believe God raised You from the dead. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life."

If you prayed the prayer and meant it, God heard you and has come into you. He has saved you and has given you a new life, because you've been born again and your name is written in the lamb's book of life. You are now a born again believer and a Christian son or daughter of God and you will spend eternity in heaven. Welcome to the family of God.

Here are some websites with free online Christian videos.
http://tbn.org/index.php/8/1.html
http://media.christiananswers.net
http://myfaith.com/Listen-watch.htm

Here are some more Christian websites for you.
http://www.christjesus.us
http://www.biblehelp.org
http://www.tbn.org
http://www.ifcj.org
http://www.iiw.org
http://www.lwf.org
http://www.jhm.org
http://www.carm.org
http://www.biblegateway.com
http://www.blueletterbible.com

Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:19   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Would you like to know the benefits of being a Christian?

hmmm why is there a counter picture at the bottom of your post? could this be a copy/paste?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:20   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

tldr
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:20   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so close

so very, very close

*shucks*
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:22   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't spam your shit across the forums you useless ****ing ****.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:22   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is this an Internet forum version of a Jehova's Witness?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:22   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i've already got the full benefits package, but thanks anyway.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:23   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
is this an Internet forum version of a Jehova's Witness?
I think we might be amending the advertising clause shortly.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:24   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i was ythinking the same.....
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:30   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i like virgins beacause i can drink their blood and hail satan
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:31   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the thing is, its not possible to just "become" a christian. I personally am trying to believe in some kind of god as im shit scared of death (possibly the best reason) so that i can live a fearless life. But, i can't quite make the leap of faith.

i don't think i will ever be a xian though. Or subscribe to any religion, they are all too contradictory.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:33   #12
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

If there's one thing I like about my keyboard it's the Page Down key, which I will one day get around to relabelling as the "scroll past the crap and see what everyone else said in reply" key.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:34   #13
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

This is why I hate evangelising
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:35   #14
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I could make this into a multiple choice poll, I would, instead, let's see how 'sinful' the average GD user is.

So, here are your ten questions. Answer them in turn, give yourself a mark out of ten.

Between 0 and 3, my guess is you've got a chance of getting your arse singed, but escaping the fiery depths.
Between 4 and 6, better get the Preparation H out, 'cos the red-hot pokers of hell will be coming for your bottom.
Between 7 and 9, let's face it, you deserve everything you get. You're a sinner, a blight on all goodly, god-fearing people on the Earth.
Right, so you got 10. PM JJ and you'll probably get made a mod. Pick a board.
You got 11. Hi Dace.

I. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Well, Faithless did say that God is a DJ and to perfectly honest, I'd have to agree with them.
Heaven/Hell
II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
Me? Pr0n? No, not never, no
Heaven/Hell
III. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
Jesus wept, what is that supposed to mean?
Heaven/Hell
IV. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Sunday is a day of rest and for watching TV and dossing.
Heaven/Hell
V. Honour thy father and thy mother.
Hey, my Dad's a bit of a nut and my Mum's lovely, anyoen saying different gets to meet Mr Fist.
Heaven/Hell
VI. Thou shalt not kill.
Does Battlefield Vietnam count? Doom3? NO? \o/
Heaven/Hell
VII. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Why have burgers when there's steak at home?
Heaven/Hell
VIII. Thou shalt not steal.
Hmmm, do MP3's and that torrent of The Grudge count?
Heaven/Hell
IX. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
I don't even talk to the neighbours. This is America, dummy.
Heaven/Hell
X. Thou shalt not covet any thing that is thy neighbour's.
My neighbour has a Ford Expedition. I have an RX-8. I WIN AGAIN, MR SLOWCOACH!
Heaven/Hell

Final Score: 4: Bottom scalding time!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:36   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

We'll have to discuss salary terms first dude.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:37   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I would like to post some kind of witty comment to do with this post, unfortunatly i've got nothing
I would however like to take this oppertunity to say how extrememly pissed off i am getting at all these religous nuts who insist on shoving their believes down other peoples necks. I don't believe in a god. I don't believe in jesus. I don't believe in heaven and i don't believe in hell. If you want to believe in any of these things or anything else, fine by me. Just don't try and force me to believe in your shit aswell. Thank you

[/rant]
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:38   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
If there's one thing I like about my keyboard it's the Page Down key, which I will one day get around to relabelling as the "scroll past the crap and see what everyone else said in reply" key.
We should have a little icon next to each topic on the GD thread list that jumps you straight to the first reply, should hilarity ensue.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:40   #18
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is there a board option where you can deny new users the ability to make threads for a certain amount of time?

(I remember signing up to a tech board once just to ask a question only to find I had to wait 24 hours to start a thread, though I could post in an existing one immediately)

it wouldn't be so bad if AFriend2005 contributed to a discussion.... as it is he/she has been very rude which isn't setting a very good example
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:48   #19
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
We should have a little icon next to each topic on the GD thread list that jumps you straight to the first reply, should hilarity ensue.
There's always AWF for such modifications.

Can you access that since the fix by the way? I had a complaint earlier from someone who obviously believes there's current content.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:52   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

I was going to edit all those christian website links to gay porn links but then I remembered I'm a mod and I'm not supposed to do those sorts of things.

JJ never lets us have any fun
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:53   #21
sayonara
Shai Halud

Wish we could see all those lovely rep comments s/he is accumulating
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:12   #22
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lets post them here!

mine:

negative - "I wank daily. According to the Catholic Church, this makes baby Jesus cry. To me, it feels ****ing awesome!!!"
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:19   #23
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

"oh noes someone is posting a view conflicting my own, whatever shall i do?"

it's funny you know, discusions on the pros and cons of paedophilia and how 'just having the thoughts is ok', or that fat people who blame anything other than themselves 'is just plain wrong' are considered wholesome topics worthy of many a discussion but woe betide the individual who posts anything praising a belief system 99% of people here don't like (and also probably don't understand beyond what other people also in the 99% category say about it).

Still that's why rep points were invented !

(and i wonder how many i'll collect for saying this )

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:24   #24
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's a major difference between a newly registering poster who is 'advertising' his beliefs and a proper discussion (which has been done anyway, see the God thread).

We've had a lot of advertisers recently, this is pretty much a standard GD reaction at the moment. Just because it's advertising Christianity and not penis enlargements, you're getting uppity about it (no offence meant)
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:28   #25
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

yes that may be more of a fair call, i'd not noticed his lack of post count, my bad :/

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:34   #26
furball

No problem, happy to guide GDers onto the path to salvation.

Under 16s: Dace's room.
Over 16s: MM's room.

Thank you.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:40   #27
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
Under 16s: Dace's room.
Over 16s: MM's room.
Theres one thing I've always wondered about those age things, those like that.
Where does the 16's go? It is probably obvious, but like my title says, I'm ignorant
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:43   #28
furball

MM's room, since no-one is ever (practically) truly 16, its always 16 and a bit, etc.

Good call though.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 03:17   #29
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

is there cocaine in heaven?
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 03:35   #30
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
in this commandment, 'god' admits there are other gods.
Heaven/Hell
II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
i bet the inventer of the camera is roasting in hell!
Heaven/Hell
III. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
omg... ooops.
Heaven/Hell
IV. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
well i had the day off work today. oh but i worked last sunday :\
Heaven/Hell
V. Honour thy father and thy mother.
we may have our problems but deep down i <3 them.
Heaven/Hell
VI. Thou shalt not kill.
not yet anyway.
Heaven/Hell
VII. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
what's the point of being with someone if you want to be with someone else?
Heaven/Hell
VIII. Thou shalt not steal.
i confess.. i like the convienience of mp3s... free ones that is.
Heaven/Hell
IX. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
i don't know my neighbours.
Heaven/Hell
X. Thou shalt not covet any thing that is thy neighbour's.
well they have a dog.. and i want a dog. but i don't want their dog so...
Heaven/Hell

Final Score: 5: the hot pokers cometh
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 05:08   #31
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

hey AFRIEND31AD - may your god bless you, you ****ing weirdo!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 07:55   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

christians get a free gimmick account.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 09:11   #33
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
"oh noes someone is posting a view conflicting my own, whatever shall i do?"
It's not so much that which is the problem, but that he asked "Would you like to know..." then immediately started evangelising without giving anyone the opportunity to say "NO".

Way to imply we're all godless heathens who need to be converted whether we like it or not.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 09:13   #34
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
It's not so much that which is the problem, but that he asked "Would you like to know..." then immediately started evangelising without giving anyone the opportunity to say "NO".

Way to imply we're all godless heathens who need to be converted whether we like it or not.
Does this forum still have the 'Ignore User' function?
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 09:36   #35
sayonara
Shai Halud

Yes, but that's not really going to be any help when the perpetrator is making their first post.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 09:38   #36
Summanus
Banned

It provide protection on the rebound though. Perhaps an ignore Ip function when they get banned?
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 10:08   #37
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There's always AWF for such modifications.

Can you access that since the fix by the way? I had a complaint earlier from someone who obviously believes there's current content.
Tis fine.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 10:29   #38
sayonara
Shai Halud

Good, as long as we can both see it then all is well.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 10:53   #39
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no way im reading that
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 11:18   #40
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I can do better than that:

Quote:
Believe in the Lord for he is Cool. In fact, Jesus was so cool everybody wanted to hang out with him. If you were like, blind, or lame or diseased, Jesus would heal you! For free! I mean, that is just SO cool! Also, he could walk on the water and swim in the land! He could change water in to wine and sugar in to cocaine! I mean, man, that is just SO cool! Jesus is so cool.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 12:47   #41
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Does the Bible actually say lying is wrong? Explicitly I mean, not just the perfectly respectable "do unto others...".
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 00:54   #42
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

thank you for that list of sites to ban on my home network web proxy, which includes things such as *.ie , *bible* , *church* , *christ* etc.

now kindly go burn yourself at the stake for being a heratic and using A COMPUTER
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 00:55   #43
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

*DESPISES* all forms of evangelicalism
Unread 15 Feb 2005, 05:53   #44
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Probably not the best way to save souls...