User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:12   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Advice needed :/

OK this is a dead serious thread.

I work for a charity that helps children, basically a youth club for the deprived kid.

I have the chance to claim approx £2000 for vouchers to away games that I wont use to watch a football team.

The guy offering the (desperately needed) money is not allowed to home games and is a major hooligan.

Should I accept the money, or cut off my nose?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:15   #2
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Tell him to meet you in a out of the way location, and when you see him stab a fork in his eye.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:16   #3
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Can the vouchers be traced back to you?
If not, then if you don't sell out, someone else will.
So claim the two grand!
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:17   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Advice needed :/

Quote:
Originally posted by Forest

I work for a charity that helps children, basically a youth club for the deprived kid.

I have the chance to claim approx £2000 for vouchers to away games that I wont use to watch a football team.

The guy offering the (desperately needed) money is not allowed to home games and is a major hooligan.

Major Hooligan , but loyal fan.

Sell em , as long as youre CERTAIN theres no comeback, and the tickets/vouchers wont be traced back to you.

He wont get into games at Forest , Sheffield , Millwall , and a few others anyway.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:17   #5
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait a sec.

A deprived kid has £2000? What?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:17   #6
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Can the vouchers be traced back to you?
If not, then if you don't sell out, someone else will.
So claim the two grand!
They cant.

I am prepared to take the money, just looking for the reasons against really
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:24   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
They cant.

I am prepared to take the money, just looking for the reasons against really

Wrong place to come.

Take the cash , make sure the charity has funding for a bit longer. Most inner city charities i know of dont make it beyond the first few years , so every penny counts.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:42   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Advice needed :/

Quote:

Deprived kids are more important than any game of football. Should he misbehave at a game, there will be people to deal with him anyway before he does something excessively stupid.

I'd take the £2000, and let him take the risks upon himself.

As a sidenote: Are you allowed to sell your vouchers like that btw? Will it affect your season ticket if they get found out?
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:51   #9
Forest

Re: Re: Advice needed :/

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken

As a sidenote: Are you allowed to sell your vouchers like that btw? Will it affect your season ticket if they get found out?
Vouchers have a book number, mine is 00057, meaning i am the 57th person to buy a ticket, so yes, i can be caught.

I guess the question is, is helping deprived kids more important than watching football.

And tbh football comes first for me.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 22:06   #10
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Wait a sec.

A deprived kid has £2000? What?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 22:09   #11
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Advice needed :/

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Major Hooligan , but loyal fan.

what? major hooligans are loyal fans?

..or do you mean hes loyal just because hes prepared to part with 2k beer tokens to watch the footie?
FatboySliM is offline   Reply With Quote