User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:01   #1
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
I've just bought 3 Radiohead tickets

...and I feel GREAT!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:02   #2
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
You were victim to a clever plot of deception!

All you bought were prozac :/

Mtrim
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:07   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
I'll watch them at Glastonbury.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:12   #4
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
when/where/link?
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:23   #5
Erkenbrand
Moody

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
when/where/link?
May 18th/Olympia, Dublin/English tickets have gone since yesterday
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:36   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
gee, if you have problems with insomnia, take a pill

listening to radiohead is only the last option

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:45   #7
Erkenbrand
Moody

One could say the same of Sting.

Seriously though, good music is good music and while their last album might not have been a cracker, Radiohead are still one of the better bands around at the moment.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 17:09   #8
Erkenbrand
Moody

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Winner of the funniest comment award 2003
Name me ten better
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 18:38   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Erkenbrand
Name me ten better
I can only think of four of similar quality.

Muse
REM
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 18:55   #10
Erkenbrand
Moody

In any decent pole of the 90's best albums, The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A will show up.

And looking through e-bay, tickets for the English leg of these shows are being sold for £100. Eat that Limeys!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 20:23   #11
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Radiohead are still one of the better bands around at the moment.
What are you talking about?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 20:36   #12
Sub
Banned

Better in the sense that "you like them better" surely?
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 20:52   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ini needs more Nick Cave in his life.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 21:20   #14
Erkenbrand
Moody

Quote:
Why, for the comment of them being the best to be disproved i only need to name one.
Goodness, I don't recall anyone saying Radiohead were the best band. Read a post properly before attempting humour.

Your list seems to be mainly bands who've acheived mainstream success in the past few years, but yada yada, this is how stupid arguments get started.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 21:38   #15
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about
Muse>Radiohead
Matt Bellamy>Thom Yorke

Just my opinion

Get me some tickets for placebo while you're boasting about those
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 21:48   #16
Erkenbrand
Moody

A bargain at twice the price
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 22:59   #17
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Fitter, happier, more productive.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 00:04   #18
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
while their last album might not have been a cracker,
Actually, it was though.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 00:18   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Coldplay
<snip>
All of whom are better than radiohea
hahahahahaha
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 00:20   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
coldplay are indeed awful
so are radiohead though

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 00:59   #21
Erkenbrand
Moody

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
coldplay are indeed awful
so are radiohead though

I bet you made the school debating team!

And G_Frog, Amnesiac was in no shape or form as good as the three albums preceding it. (You might be talking about the live recordings released, though)
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 01:22   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I bet you made the school debating team!

And G_Frog, Amnesiac was in no shape or form as good as the three albums preceding it. (You might be talking about the live recordings released, though)
Amnesiac is so much better than Kid A.

Even ignoring the supreme dullness of Treefingers, the only standout tracks on Kid A are Everything in it's Right Place and The National Anthem (I don't like Idioteque).

Compare that to Pyramid Song, Knives Out, You and Whos Army, Life in A Glasshouse etc, and we have one clear winner.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 14:08   #23
Sub
Banned

Arguing about music is so utterly stupid. I doubt any two people have exactly the same taste, and in most cases it varies considerably. Saying X is better than Y is retarded.