User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:21   #51
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I base my life upon the teachings of Independance Day, and await the (alleged) sequel with growing anticipation.

President Whitmore is possibly the second best US President ever(after President Bartlett)
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:24   #52
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Independance Day - nary a week goes by without me quoting some part of it. Usually the Presidents speech(or parts of it)

****ing More American Propaganda.......
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:24   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What about Oliver Stone's Nixon?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:25   #54
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Plastic-Wrap
****ing More American Propaganda.......
I ejaculated at the sheer comedy of the representation of the British armed forces in that film.

True story.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:27   #55
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I ejaculated at the sheer comedy of the representation of the British armed forces in that film.

True story.
Ever noticed that those Brits are based in Iraq? Hows that for prophetic
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:28   #56
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Ever noticed that those Brits are based in Iraq? Hows that for prophetic
Or retrospective.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:33   #57
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
"Saddle up, Apone!"
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:33   #58
Jammers

Quote:
Or retrospective.
But back then we didn't have snazzy jets and everything.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 02:52   #59
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
The Usual Suspects wins it again.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:10   #60
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Full
Metal
Jacket

"Wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or i will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-**** you!"
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:28   #61
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
Full
Metal
Jacket

"Wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or i will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-**** you!"

Good call (in comparison to the others) but still not good enough "in my opinion".
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:31   #62
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Withnail dammit Withnail.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:35   #63
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Withnail dammit Withnail.

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
Good call (in comparison to the others) but still not good enough "in my opinion".
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:42   #64
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You couldn't remember 'I'll be back'?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 03:44   #65
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Either Train-"Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"-spotting or

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
PULP FICTION
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:03   #66
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
'tombstone' was actually loaded
'i'll be your huyckleberry'
'i got a gun for the both of you' or something like that

the original 'batman'

umm

'austin powers' made everyone think they were funny for several weeks

if you want just quality action movie quips then best-all-time is
'army of darkness'

'full metal jacket' and 'fight club' are tops tho
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:05   #67
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
****ing Åmål
nuff said
incase the stupid modding takes out bits of the name o the movie it is ***ing Åmål

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 9 Mar 2003 at 07:11.
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:50   #68
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

the godfather trilogy
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:54   #69
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Usual Suspects

followed closely by Citizen Kane , and Pulp Fiction.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:55   #70
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
pulp fiction is also top5 in my list :P
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 07:58   #71
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Holy Grail has numerous quotables for me, if only because of the anarchists scene.
"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." etc. Although obviously there's the Knights who say Ni, air speed velocity of an unladen swallow....and so on.

But Pulp Fiction & Austin Powers (already mentioned) probably have been quoted by others the most times.

I also find myself quoting Annie Hall sometimes in a Simpsons-esque manor to fellow fans.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:15   #72
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
"I have a heart condition, if you hit me it's murder"

Withnail and I, of course. It's never going to stop me getting hit though. It's also not the best film of all time, but great for quotes.

Last edited by LHC; 9 Mar 2003 at 11:38.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:37   #73
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
PULP FICTION
damm rite

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:38   #74
User 78826

Monty Python - The Holy Grail

i do believe that that is the most quotable film in the world, and therefore the best according to Amoril's rating 'scheme'.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 13:13   #75
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Dogma.

Funny ****.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 13:57   #76
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Coolhand Luke is quite quoteable too, but can't remember any off hand. Life of Brian is also quite good like that.

Quote:
I base my life upon the teachings of Independance Day, and await the (alleged) sequel with growing anticipation.
How can there possibly be a sequel? Most of the world was destroyed...
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 14:16   #77
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
This is a pretty useless way of judging the best film ever. Comedies are much more likely to generate memorable quotations, because they normally rely on funny jokes and one-liners, rather than the storyline, character development and emotion that serious films use. I'm sure even a mediocre comedy has much more memorable lines than an absolutely fantastic film. I can remember far more lines from Austin Powers than from LOTR, but I don't think for a second that its a better film.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 14:22   #78
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
This is a pretty useless way of judging the best film ever. Comedies are much more likely to generate memorable quotations, because they normally rely on funny jokes and one-liners, rather than the storyline, character development and emotion that serious films use. I'm sure even a mediocre comedy has much more memorable lines than an absolutely fantastic film. I can remember far more lines from Austin Powers than from LOTR, but I don't think for a second that its a better film.
I don't think he was being particularly serious.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 15:09   #79
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
And noone have posted "The Rock" yett?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:05   #80
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub

How can there possibly be a sequel? Most of the world was destroyed...
It was inspired by the events of September 11, and the subsequent rebuilding type-stuff. But Will Smith isn't in it cos he's to busy being a "serious actor"
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:25   #81
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
The Untouchables is definitely one of the most quotable movies ever.

"He puts one of yours in the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue"

"What's your name?"
"George Stone"
"No, what was your name before you changed it!"

"Never bring a knife to a gun fight"

"Your friend died screaming like a pig"
"Did it sound anything like THAT????"

"Never stop fighting til the fighting's done"

Can't remember any more off the top of my head. I haven't seen the film for about 6 years.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:34   #82
glasgow_amy4

I can't remember the title of the film, but the quote whent something like this:

" hi, i'm here to fix the fridge, gosh its hot in here"

Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:40   #83
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
"The Italian Job"

According to a recent poll, "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" is the best movie quote ever.

Make of that what you will.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 18:07   #84
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
The Untouchables is definitely one of the most quotable movies ever.
The best bit (not exactly a quote) is :
Costner: "You got him?"
Garcia (squinting down sights): "I've got him."
Costner: "take him"
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 21:38   #85
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
'You make me sick. Stay away from me, stay away from my sister or I'll have you fired.'
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 21:55   #86
ScotWiZ

ScotWiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
THE BIG LEBOWSKI

oh and whoever said independance day wasn't serious :/
round 2: 22:14
round 3: 33:23 something
round 4: forgot
round 5: pay? you're kidding right?
ScotWiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 21:56   #87
ScotWiZ

ScotWiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
what a load of ****e films mentioned in this thread...

usual suspects ranks #2... big lebowski owns all on quotes :
round 2: 22:14
round 3: 33:23 something
round 4: forgot
round 5: pay? you're kidding right?
ScotWiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 22:31   #88
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I think Coolhand Luke is quite quoteable too, but can't remember any off hand. Life of Brian is also quite good like that.
you are the correct

"i can eat fifty eggs"
[Dragline: Nobody can eat fifty eggs.
Other Prisoner: You just said he could eat anything.
Dragline: Did you ever eat fifty eggs?
Luke: Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.
Other Prisoner: Hey, Babalugats! We got a bet here!
Dragline: My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!
Other Prisoner: Yeah, but in how long?
Luke: A hour.
Other Prisoner: Well, I believe I'll take part of that wager!]

"what we got here is failure to communicate" [Some man you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it. Well he gets it and I don't like it any more than you man.
]

"STOP FEEDIN' OFF A ME"

"Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand"
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 23:12   #89
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
"I live in the American Gardens building on West 81st street. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of obstruction, but there is no real me. Only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there."

Can't beat that
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 00:58   #90
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by ScotWiZ

oh and whoever said independance day wasn't serious :/
Yes I was
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:44   #91
gdncnqdf
One of the Originals

gdncnqdf is infamous around these parts
"Dude, Where's My Car?"
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:15   #92
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Dogma.

Funny ****.
Dogma was a great movie But Kevin Smiths previous movie Chasing Amy was much better. Chasing Amy is perhaps one of the best movies ever made and just gets better every time you watch it

Kevin Smiths work goes as follows imho

Chasing Amy > Clerks > Dogma > Mallrats > Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

As for Green Mile it was good but imho Steven Kings other prision based work "The Shawshank Redemption" is more powerful and better acted than the green mile and is the BEST movie ive ever seen

Also a movie which seems to have been ignored here so far is Donnie Darko which is just sheer brillance.

Anyway probally my full list of top 10 movies ever would be
01) SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
02) PULP FICTION
03) DONNIE DARKO
04) CHASING AMY
05) THE USUAL SUSPECTS
06) THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
07) BREAKFAST CLUB
08) SE7EN
09) WALL STREET
10) CLERKS
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:21   #93
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
it was about dialogues, quotable dialogues

best quotable movie
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:41   #94
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: "The Best Film Ever"

"saving private ryan"

hmm, maybe i have a bad taste...
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:50   #95
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Chasing Amy > Clerks > Dogma > Mallrats > Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Admittedly I have only seen Chasing Amy twice (as opposed to Clerks at least 7 or 8 times) but to me Chasing Amy is incredibly boring compared to his other films. Joey Lauren Adams (or whatever) is just really annoying (and cannot act), Ben Affleck is a cnut and Jason Lee's overacting was better placed in a more cartoonish film like Mallrats.

Kevin Smith has yet to top Clerks for me, and his recent efforts are just wank in comparison. Perhaps I'm just more tolerant of amateur acting, etc when I know it actually is amateurs...Clerks just seemed to capture something specific - without wishing to get pseud about it, it keeps it real. His other films (especially things like Jay & Silent Bob) are a bit overblown, either on purpose or not.

To make this post relevent to the thread though, Clerks also has tonnes of quotables. The entire "How many dicks have you sucked" scene is worth memorising alone.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 11:54   #96
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I'd just like to remind you that there's many great films that are not sanitised Hollywood productions.

Although this is GD, so you're all uncultured and stupid.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 12:07   #97
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I'd just like to remind you that there's many great films that are not sanitised Hollywood productions.
I quite agree, but this thread is asking for eminently quotable films. One of my favourite action films is "Seven Samurai", but I'll be buggered if I can remember many quotes from that one...
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 14:11   #98
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

Although this is GD, so you're all uncultured and stupid.

M.
Like that Spielberg directed piece of tosh Withnail and I for instance. Or the special effects blockbuster Donnie Darko.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:22   #99
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
the thin red line...

not that i remember any quotes, but i remember after seeing it that: man.. this film had ****ing nice dialoge!

and maybe south park...
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:38   #100
Ahlul bayt
Lar de dar dar

Ahlul bayt is an unknown quantity at this point
Terminator II

Top film for its time, the music is awesome and the plot is good!

''Hasta la vista baby''
Ahlul bayt is offline   Reply With Quote