User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jun 2005, 00:51   #1
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation contacting multihunters

on these forums you get people that from time to time pop in and just drop some "evidence" of cheating on this forum.
those people feel that there opinion that someone is cheating is enough to drag someone true the mud.

well, it works a bit different and if you respect the game and the people that play it i suggest you do the following

if you have evidence of someone cheating you can contact a multihunter!
you can find us on IRC in #multihunters or you can mail us using the mail adresses below
also you can mail me in 1:1 but that is usualy not the fastest way.

what do you need to include in a mail you send us
1) the planets involved in this cheating
2) your cords
3) the reson YOU think they are cheating
4) all proof

we dont use IRC logs as evidence as they can be faked, but we can check to see if the actions that where stated in a log where taken AND if those actions break the rules

now we get to the importent part

only the Multihunters team have access to all the evidence and they judge the case.
they get the final call in all cases

they might find that the multi you have found and are sure about being a multi is infact 2 brothers playing
this is totaly up to the multihunters team and demanding action or pasting logs on this forum to force the issue will most likely piss off the admin of this forum (it did in the past)
if you feel a case is judges incorrectly you can always ask me or ph8 to take a other look (but in 99% of the cases the MH is right)

our goal as MH team is to keep the game as free of cheats as we can without closing innocent people.
we want to be quick in desissions and to have a balanced punishment for cheats

we are setting up a new exeption system for the next round to make sure that people that want to play honest with someone on the same ip can (within hardcoded limits)
a long anuncement about this will follow

for now i will just ask you guys to take the grudge matches off the forum and into my mailbox

Multihunter-team

Xontas = [email protected]
Ph8 = [email protected]
assassin = [email protected]
appocemaster = [email protected]
lunar lamp = [email protected]
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 01:10   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: contacting multihunters

another thing that should be mentioned. Closed planets should contact the multihunters directly. they should never get a third party involved since the multihunters will refuse to discuss any of the evidence with anyone other then the planet involved.
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 02:01   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

And remember to sacrifice your firstborn in the name of Xontas
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 14:44   #4
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

I would like a list of the punishments being dished out for people found guilty of cheating.

Since it seems to have been "flexible" the last few rounds, with people getting away with minor punishments.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 14:55   #5
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

So in round XIV will it not be possible to have 'too much' interaction with people accessing the game from the same ip as you?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:37   #6
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
And remember to sacrifice your firstborn in the name of Xontas
you dont have to sacrifice them
just sign them up to PA, thats enough for me
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:39   #7
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco
So in round XIV will it not be possible to have 'too much' interaction with people accessing the game from the same ip as you?
if you get a exeption, you will have hard coded limits between you and the other persons account.
if you exeed those interactions the system wont let you

we will disclosed the details of this as soon as we have set them in stone (testing them atm)
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 16:41   #8
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
I would like a list of the punishments being dished out for people found guilty of cheating.

Since it seems to have been "flexible" the last few rounds, with people getting away with minor punishments.
the results of a Multihunters investigation has always been held indoors.
we dont disclose punishment with any other planet then the planets involved in the case!
this is not something i am willing to change
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 17:05   #9
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
the results of a Multihunters investigation has always been held indoors.
we dont disclose punishment with any other planet then the planets involved in the case!
this is not something i am willing to change
But next round you will consider punishments which at least have a significant effect?
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 18:09   #10
xontas

obvious multi and accountsharing results in closures
but, last round we had a lot of people claiming that we where in fact dealin with 2 people that played normaly in a alliance
that explains the interaction

our goal is not to kick as many people from the game, but to stop cheating.
thats why its up to the MH involved to desided the punishment
in most of these cases we warned, deducted a % of ships,roids, res
and put the planet on a watch list to see if it didnt happen again

this round we will have a exeption system that will stop exesive interactions
if you dont have a exeption and you interact the punishment is gonna be more hard, and will need a very good story to get overturned.
but its still up the MH judging the case!
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 13:25   #11
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

So if I am reading this correctly, you will try not to delete cheaters in the future, because you would rather keep them in the game ?

Unread 3 Jul 2005, 13:53   #12
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

our goal is not to kick as many people from the game, but to stop cheating.
thats why its up to the MH involved to desided the punishment
in most of these cases we warned, deducted a % of ships,roids, res
and put the planet on a watch list to see if it didnt happen again

this round we will have a exeption system that will stop exesive interactions
if you dont have a exeption and you interact the punishment is gonna be more hard, and will need a very good story to get overturned.
but its still up the MH judging the case!
lol?
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 15:11   #13
xontas

multihunting is not black and white!
people make mistakes and some people cheat and try to make it look like mistakes
so the punisment you can expect depends on what kinda cheating you did

also, if you did it often, if you lie to us, if are abusive to the admins for getting closed, if you gained a lot from cheating!
stuff like that is what we look @ in asigning punishment

the goal of this is to stop cheating in the game, not to close as much people as we can.
we want to keep the people that made mistakes and are just on the same ip's
those people get stuff deducted, put on a watchlist and they get a second change!

this call is up to the MH judging the case
you get a apeal if you think its wrong (mail me for that)
but if the facts are correct the MH in charge desides the punishment!

i hope this clears up how we think about MH and punishment related to MH
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 16:02   #14
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

Quote:
obvious multi and accountsharing results in closures
but, last round we had a lot of people claiming that we where in fact dealin with 2 people that played normaly in a alliance
that explains the interaction
for some reason i had to laugh//smile when i read this when i looked back at my brothers and my own round which kinda ended prematurly

ohw well, what happend happend
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)

Last edited by derry; 3 Jul 2005 at 16:09.
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:52   #15
Desse
Pr0nstar

Quote:
multihunting is not black and white!
people make mistakes and some people cheat and try to make it look like mistakes
so the punisment you can expect depends on what kinda cheating you did

also, if you did it often, if you lie to us, if are abusive to the admins for getting closed, if you gained a lot from cheating!
stuff like that is what we look @ in asigning punishment

the goal of this is to stop cheating in the game, not to close as much people as we can.
we want to keep the people that made mistakes and are just on the same ip's
those people get stuff deducted, put on a watchlist and they get a second change!

this call is up to the MH judging the case
you get a apeal if you think its wrong (mail me for that)
but if the facts are correct the MH in charge desides the punishment!

i hope this clears up how we think about MH and punishment related to MH
What happens if people who were deducted 30% this round gets closed for the same thing next round ?

Unread 4 Jul 2005, 18:54   #16
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

I am a cheater dont trust me at all!