User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 00:15   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Will there be a Shuffle?

Within the paid universe??

Id like to know, so I dont get to involved with the gal that ill be in before a potential shuffle.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 01:48   #2
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
We are not likely to see a shuffle, not in the paid universe, and not in the free.
However, never say never, we will if we have to.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 07:22   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Dont people who pay up after eachother land in the same cluster\para?

If so, what stops people from getting every1 they know to pay at same time, and thus land in the same region as eachother.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 07:31   #4
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
So far, we have a bunch of 1 planet galaxies, so those that paid so far did not end up together.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 07:42   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
So far, we have a bunch of 1 planet galaxies, so those that paid so far did not end up together.

They land in gals nextt o eachother though, so they will be in the same region\cluster.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 10:48   #6
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Dont people who pay up after eachother land in the same cluster\para?

If so, what stops people from getting every1 they know to pay at same time, and thus land in the same region as eachother.
I paid, and right after I activated a m8. We landed 2 and a half cluster apart.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 11:02   #7
Argilus
KniV HC

Argilus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
I paid, and right after I activated a m8. We landed 2 and a half cluster apart.

-Jonas-
I did aswell and got into for example 2:2, an m8 of mine got into 2:1 and one in 2:3.... =)
All through the night.

Argilus, Seraphim Guardian Angel
Argilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 12:11   #8
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
The 1st day would've been the fastest, I'd say up until ticks start people will land pretty close together by doing that.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 12:16   #9
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Like we have any idea what clusters will actually mean in round X.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 12:49   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Retired
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 16:09   #11
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz

hAl

Good point (:
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 01:59   #12
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation

I hope there is a shuffel I only got three people in my gal atm!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 12:03   #13
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

hAl
Indeed, could be they decided to scrap clusters and parallels all together, in which case it wouldn't matter whether you were in a galaxy next to your mates or not, they could implement the regionalisation thing or clusters and/or parallels could be how they have been in the past.

Guess we will find out before too long.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:59   #14
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
People are put in galaxies in a predictable order, so you are kinda able to make private galaxies. I do know that many are doing private galaxies. That is not fair for the newcomers who won't have the opportunity to play with hardcore gamers.
If the spirit of PA-X is to give a chance to the new players then a shuffle is not an option.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:12   #15
Tuz
The Crazy Sexy Frog

Tuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

lol how to make the random private =)
Idd shuffle is not an option.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:18   #16
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
People are put in galaxies in a predictable order, so you are kinda able to make private galaxies. I do know that many are doing private galaxies. That is not fair for the newcomers who won't have the opportunity to play with hardcore gamers.
If the spirit of PA-X is to give a chance to the new players then a shuffle is not an option.
It seems quite difficult to get a group of people into a specific galaxy even if the moving of people is predictable. Also it is quite lame to try as it might force spinner into a shuffle afterall wasting lots of peoples time.

So if you are so against it as you describe it seems fairly easy to name those guys and we can all put them on the early hit list.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:58   #17
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It seems quite difficult to get a group of people into a specific galaxy even if the moving of people is predictable. Also it is quite lame to try as it might force spinner into a shuffle afterall wasting lots of peoples time.

So if you are so against it as you describe it seems fairly easy to name those guys and we can all put them on the early hit list.

hAl
It was quite lame to backstabb at some point the previous rounds. It was quite lame to make some unbalanced powerblocks. But all the time some PA players have been lame so you can't expect more this time. Since some feel unfavourably treated compared with the ones doing this, then they are now doing the same like a snowball effect. It is almost not possible to tell you who is doing it since they are so many...