User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Sep 2015, 21:45   #151
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice
Re: Political Debate - For the masses

My god, there must really be some great mushrooms under the rainbow...

IF BF didn't deserve the win, who the f*** deserved it more then BB? How about you go sit in a corner and cry alone instead of trolling in here with what ever you happen to think is a fact at the moment of your postings.

We got blocked against, we fought through it and kept on going, it's hardly our fault that 3 tags (and then some) hitting us wasn't enough and eventually the blocks disbanded and no one could (or dared to) hit us alone.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2015, 21:55   #152
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Today inc stats for top 10 alliances:
  • Black Flag: 36. Top hostile: Norsemen: 16, Ultores: 5
  • p3nguins: 47. Top hostiles: Facelss: 32, Howling Rain: 11
  • Faceless: 106. Top hostiles: Black Flag: 45, p3nguins: 38
  • Conspiracy: 51. Top hostiles: Ultores: 31, Terra: 8
  • RainbowS: 54. Top hostiles: NewDawn: 48, Allianceless: 2
  • Ultores: 67. Top hostiles: Conspiracy: 66
  • NewDawn: 59. Top hostiles: RainbowS: 44, COBRA: 7
  • Howling Rain: 44. Top hostiles: Black Flag: 17, p3nguins: 16
  • Norsemen: 9. Top hostiles: HODORS: 4, p3nguins: 2
  • HODORS: 5. Top hostiles: Norsemen: 3

Well done all.

Also intresting to know: BF currently have naps/avoidances with the alliances ranked: #2, #3, #4, #5, #7.
And since Ult is mostly hitting CT I suppose #6 can be added to the list too.

Again, well done.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2015, 22:16   #153
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
My god, there must really be some great mushrooms under the rainbow...

IF BF didn't deserve the win, who the f*** deserved it more then BB? How about you go sit in a corner and cry alone instead of trolling in here with what ever you happen to think is a fact at the moment of your postings.

We got blocked against, we fought through it and kept on going, it's hardly our fault that 3 tags (and then some) hitting us wasn't enough and eventually the blocks disbanded and no one could (or dared to) hit us alone.
Who said it wasnt deserved?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2015, 23:45   #154
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Also intresting to know: BF currently have naps/avoidances with the alliances ranked: #2, #3, #4, #5, #7.

Again, well done.
We never had any deals with BF, we hit them a few nights aswell. But i guess it's safe to say that BF, along with the rest of the contenders, benefited from our desicion to mostly hit CT. I guess the losers were the smaller tags that got bashed for the first 500 ticks by said contenders.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 03:17   #155
LynchMob
Old Fart

LynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Not so much legacy politics, we all remembered that FL will not honor EOR agreements (apart from p3ng ;p)

looking at "legacy" politics,
bows were allied to bf last round, not this round.
nd was in the ult block, not this round.
CT/BF goal was to prevent ult win... this round we took care of ult 1 on 1 so didn't deal with bf at all really until we tried to go ftw.

only thing that i would say is we tried to push ftw and chose to piss off fl first to gauge our chances.

What didn't work is coming to CT for help to hit BF while all out attacking us, yes we deserved the incs and you got a good boost that day but that is the day you lost the round.

HAHA! Ult goal was to keep CT from win, period.

We didn't even play at 45% of the time and still defended against BF and CT incs. I remember we had 12 people active just 4 days ago and lol'd that we could cover incomings from BF and CT. Just saying......

CT didn't prevent shizzle except their own win. I never seen so many planets that didn't know how to build their ships. CT had so many planets that were screwed on their ship selection, hell it was easy pickins. BF did defend well tho. the rest I have no clue.

CT guys did get me off guard a a few times on puny fakes and took my rocks, good job to them, but I paid a few back in the last few days and got me roids back.

You guys know every round of PA their is going to be somebody complaining over pols. WHO CARES. Just attack more and attack smarter than the next guy.

#FAnG

#Mercenaries
LynchMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 08:31   #156
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

I dont think its possible to hit someone without whine or a who's to blame. I blame tag sizes being to high for not giving us enough options to hit and once again not giving the game political fluidity.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 08:34   #157
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Also, in modern PA, the game turns into a "Who Dunnit?" scenario and "who's done what to whom". e.g. why would p3ng help fl now when they have been fc'ing our planets.

It's old and boring. Changes needed.
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 09:52   #158
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
I dont think its possible to hit someone without whine or a who's to blame. I blame tag sizes being to high for not giving us enough options to hit and once again not giving the game political fluidity.
Political fluidity?
Personaly ive had enough of it with two rounds of Rogues, and now ND taking over the role of making thing fluid. Looking at what agar3s did to Ultores this round, im not sure we want more mad people at the wheel of more alliances in the future.
Im sure next round FL will say, "fck it, we dont want to compete for #1, someone else can be the sacrificial lamb this time."

Quote:
Also, in modern PA, the game turns into a "Who Dunnit?" scenario and "who's done what to whom". e.g. why would p3ng help fl now when they have been fc'ing our planets.

I think the whole controversy is that p3ng said they were gonna join in on a effort against the #1 allie, claimed targets, and then instead of doing what they said went for HR/BowS.
Its the same old story, "who came first? the egg or the p3nguin?".

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 09:57   #159
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

for once I can agree with you Krypton, hitting anything always causes whine, no matter who you hit or if there's even a proper reason or if it's a plain galraid.

BB: maybe you didn't say it out, but your choice of words in earlier posts makes it sound like we (again) won (if we actually do win) the wrong way. Even if our choices had less effect in it than other tags choices.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 10:08   #160
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
for once I can agree with you Krypton, hitting anything always causes whine, no matter who you hit or if there's even a proper reason or if it's a plain galraid.

BB: maybe you didn't say it out, but your choice of words in earlier posts makes it sound like we (again) won (if we actually do win) the wrong way. Even if our choices had less effect in it than other tags choices.
Winning is winning. How can you do it wrong as long as you stay within the rules of the game?
Im just saying that FL, or the rest of the allies did something wrong if who ever won had no incs the entire round.
Its like R58/R59, everybody said p3ng wernt challenged, and then the same with Ult R60.
It dosnt mean that they wernt the best alliance

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 11:21   #161
RaUlZiToS

RaUlZiToS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Nobady is asking your help now.

Also its your choice to dont attck BF. We will never broke a nap just because you dont want attck someone.

The problem was when munkee trapped us, 2 times btw.

Pasting logs... lies... munkee did all that to end t2 ally or maybe t3 without any top planets. Well done!

Last edited by RaUlZiToS; 23 Sep 2015 at 11:31.
RaUlZiToS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 12:07   #162
Krypton
KK

I think you did break a nap to attack someone who wouldnt attack someone for they were getting attention from two other allies...
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 12:10   #163
Krypton
KK

BB, this is the only time I will entertain you without being rude.

Those alliances all did whatever you seem to think was bad for the game in the current limits, so your point is mute.

PA = a drag now. Just have 30 man tags and attacking stats with 6/7 man gals and everyone will be happy. No more political inflexibility. No more rounds being done past tick 800. No more nub bashing for a sustained period
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 12:20   #164
RaUlZiToS

RaUlZiToS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think you did break a nap to attack someone who wouldnt attack someone for they were getting attention from two other allies...
I think your Hcs dont tell you the true story... but im done here.

If you wanna talk search for me on whatsapp and i will be happy to show you the true history
RaUlZiToS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 13:18   #165
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

was the nap not agreed to be "end of round", is that not 2 rounds in a row where FL does not honor its EOR naps?
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 13:59   #166
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
was the nap not agreed to be "end of round", is that not 2 rounds in a row where FL does not honor its EOR naps?
Would CT kerp a EOR if what Raul said happend to them? Dont act stupid, as you arnt familiar with munkee shenanigans.
Its like ND tried to get bows hit 2-3 rounds ago(the souls incident), wich caused us to break the deal prematurely.

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 14:41   #167
coolkat

coolkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol everyone is the good guy and FL always seems to be made out as the evil doers....we break naps and we form blocks to finish 3rd while getting hit with 150-230 Inc's from the good side block... our amazing block must have done some real damage!... and BTW CT, we were in discussions politically for 4 days while you ptarget us.... didn't stop us from speaking with you..... moment we retal 6 7 10 with.....25 fleets! And land! Omg it's the end of the world! How can we work with an ally who is hitting us! Ya tbh FL must have been asking themselves the same questions getting ptargwtted by you... seems we were the only ones ambitious enough to make a race for top... and no we couldn't do it alone while getting hit by 3 other allies. ... FL did what we could with cards dealt to us.... yes we did thing that maybe.... just maybe ct/p3ng would have wanted to race for #1..... because gm made it clear he hit us in hopes to win the round.... stop blowing smoke....if you wanted to win, u had to step up, ct thought simply we would hit bf instead of them.... well ct was the easier roids due to race choice, and it was the only way we were able to stay in the game for so long losing to 200 Inca a night and praying for some recaps on ct.... putting pressure on them to move and change politics wasn't a bad move.... in my opinion the bad move was gm pissing away his chance to move against bf with us.... smoke and mirrors gm, and last round it wasn't me BTW who broke the eorn with ct..... FL decided to move onto bf which became conflict for ct and I gave you the option to keep it or drop it... and you decided to drop it, cuz hey let's be honest FL are bad oath breakers and don't deserve to be dealt with....

On a different note... bf defence had been good and yes because of our races both bf and FL knew that they couldn't land on each other effectively alone.... difference is bf had naps with all the top allies and no one willing to hit them.... and FL didn't. So gg bf, but can't say the same for p3ng or ct because..... in my honest opinion we hc our allies to give them the best chance at their goals...gms goal was to go for first he says.... he ****ed that up....not FL.... your not punishing us for not dealing with us, you punished your member base because at that point you had best shot at #1, p3ng.... I'm sorry but again you decided to hit FL instead of bf, not cuz of the 20 fleets we sent At you out of frustration, u thought it would be easier to hit us with a block than block vs bf cuz hitting bf would have been impossible? Well last I checked we covered 90% of your Inca and fced 5mil value.... good move well played.... you all accuse FL of fencing,when we clearly had most Inc's this round, I accuse PA for lack of ambition to win this game... to have 220 fleets hitting you when your at 650 roid average is just lolz.... all support bf ftw! Cuz we can't do it ourselves

Coolkat
coolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 15:09   #168
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jesus Christ.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 15:12   #169
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mzyxptlk again.
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 15:30   #170
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Black Flag didn't have a consistent 'block'. We got help for about 3-4 days when CT joined in, but after those 3-4 days this 'block' disbanded because CT had no more interest in attacking Faceless. Faceless was 15m ahead at the time might I add.

Prior to CT assisting, it was BF/HR/ND (with ND maximum 3 targets). After CT lost interest in attacking FL, it was BF doing it solo while contending with FL/p3n/Ult incomings. If you had "random" hostilities (like Norse), then they were not coordinated with Black Flag.

Faceless' defence was good this round, I give them that, and Coolkat is right in saying that both BF/FL struggled to land on each other, but the fundamental difference is that Faceless went the Tycoon route whereas Black Flag spammed FI instead.

Regarding our so called 'naps', the only official naps we had were with ND and HR. Everyone else was a mutual avoidance. What I mean by mutual avoidance is, either party had no benefit or interest in attacking the other, but there was no official deals in place.

Black Flag were challenged this round (probably not as much as in previous rounds), and we were effectively able to defend ourselves due to organisation. Most of us had 70%~ defence fleets which was mostly in FI/CO when we are an FR alliance.

Last edited by Clouds; 23 Sep 2015 at 15:42.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 15:31   #171
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

My fleet is now about 84% defship.
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 15:58   #172
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Regarding our so called 'naps', the only official naps we had were with ND and HR. Everyone else was a mutual avoidance. What I mean by mutual avoidance is, either party had no benefit or interest in attacking the other, but there was no official deals in place.
That explains why BF kept violating our deal all the time

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 18:56   #173
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Did you not read the previous posts explaining how P3ng were the ones who, at the last minute, decided not to hit BF and go for random other targets instead? This left FL to hit an already fat valued BF solo, hence why FL hit p3ng instead since FL were not going to beat BF solo with the value difference.
Politics straight from the Ultores manual.

'We arent good enough to hit them alone so we will just leave them alone unless someone decides to eventually join us.
We aren't good enough to go for the win alone, so let's go after an alliance lower ranked instead'.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 18:58   #174
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
There's some naive thinking in this thread.

Let's entertain the hypothetical that CT helped Faceless' block and hit Black Flag and that Black Flag were (possibly) penetrated. Faceless would've eventually turned on CT. I'm very certain that CT had thought through many scenarios and came to the conclusion that keeping Black Flag friendly was the best outcome for them.

It's no secret that Faceless / Ultores are allies, and if CT had turned on Black Flag for the sake of winning a single round, they probably would've isolated themselves in future rounds if Ultores decides to compete again. But of course, CT are incompetent for not joining an enemy block.
I am pretty sure CT would have hit BF if we could have won. But a combination of ult hitting CT all round and faceless hitting ct instead of bf made that impossible. Why risk future goodwill for nothing?
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 18:59   #175
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post

Again, well done.
BF are winning so it is valid for them to do so.

All this proves is #2,#3 etc don't deserve to win.
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 19:11   #176
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

'We arent good enough to hit them alone so we will just leave them alone unless someone decides to eventually join us.
We aren't good enough to go for the win alone, so let's go after an alliance lower ranked instead'.
Ultores are pretty well known for their ability to get smaller alliances to fight for them. Your characterization of them as bashers could not be more wrong.

Quote:
I am pretty sure CT would have hit BF if we could have won. But a combination of ult hitting CT all round and faceless hitting ct instead of bf made that impossible. Why risk future goodwill for nothing?
"The only reason we didn't hit BF is that we wouldn't gain anything from it. Next time, when we do have something to gain, we will turn on them."

Politics straight from the Forest manual. If you think that's how you engender goodwill, I think PA will continue to have little to fear from CT in future rounds.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 19:46   #177
Forest

Well tomorrow is my last day in pa so dont care!
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 19:49   #178
Tommy
Sain†s

Are you actually going to flounce out a day before the end?
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 20:59   #179
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

ooo, you quitting again Forest? Sad to see you go, but I've had enough changes to prepare for this See you next time you decide to come back!

IF (and and if) CT hit us with ULT/FL/P3n, we probably would have bled some roids, but we already had a decent lead in stocks (6-7 billion or so before we spent) and we still would have been able to cover a lot of the incs... quite sure that there was nothing for CT to gain in hitting us at that moment they were asked to (except possibly giving FL or P3n the win instead of letting us win) and all they would've gained would've been a huge political headache per usual PA tictacs (yes, I wrote tictacs), no real chances to improve their own allyrank much, nor getting top planets or gals... Can't really blame CT for their choices.

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 21:17   #180
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:

Erm, being the one doing pols the last few rounds i just have to say in the most polite way i can:
**** off you half-wit! Cya when you return to spread more lies!

Talk about the pot callng the silverware black...

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 23:48   #181
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

A large contributing factor to the round win this round for bf is the stats. Stagnating because of the various choices made by competing alliances. In point of fact my fleet looks like this:

Ships (828,500 total) (Ship Analysis) [Hide]
Lancer 300,000 Vendor 300,000
Recluse 100,000 Executive 60,000
Thief 20,000 Tycoon 32,000
Dreadnaught 10,000 Merchant 5,000
Trader 1,000 Broker 500

Im in a frigate based alliance, yet i have significantly more corvette and bs (im in a fort) because bf are organised in such a way that we construct fleets in this way.

Also sevenseas did a good job.. Cant forget that!
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 07:40   #182
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Well tomorrow is my last day in pa so dont care!
Cared enough to post. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Dreadnaught 10,000
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 10:49   #183
Tommy
Sain†s

Nobody told him to build those. That's just baggy.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 13:35   #184
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

"we arent good enough" never has, and never will be, a part of our vocabulary. We at Ultores are pretty certain that, when playing seriously, there is no ally we can't beat 1v1.

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 14:18   #185
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"we arent good enough" never has, and never will be, a part of our vocabulary. We at Ultores are pretty certain that, when playing seriously, there is no ally we can't beat 1v1.
Please, you need blocks to land nowadays. Are you seriously telling me that if you went up against Faceless, Black Flag or even p3nguins that you will solo roid them? What makes alliances strong nowadays is their defence and not their offense ability.

I don't remember a time when Ultores has managed to roid any of the defence capable alliances solo. You always went in with a team. So less of the arrogance please.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 14:52   #186
Knight

Quote:
Please, you need blocks to land nowadays. Are you seriously telling me that if you went up against Faceless, Black Flag or even p3nguins that you will solo roid them? What makes alliances strong nowadays is their defence and not their offense ability.

I don't remember a time when Ultores has managed to roid any of the defence capable alliances solo. You always went in with a team. So less of the arrogance please.
Clouds, if we are playing serious (unlike this round) then, like i said, yes we would definitely beat any ally 1v1. The reason we usually acquire help from others is because we have to counter the blocks which are inevitably set up to counter us each and every round.

My arrogance is justified by Ultores's success in 90% of our rounds.

Ultores peon
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 14:57   #187
Clouds

Quote:
Clouds, if we are playing serious (unlike this round) then, like i said, yes we would definitely beat any ally 1v1. The reason we usually acquire help from others is because we have to counter the blocks which are inevitably set up to counter us each and every round.

My arrogance is justified by Ultores's success in 90% of our rounds.
So you're telling me that you can roid anyone 1vs1?

Ultores are a defensive alliance, which means you put value into defensive ships, so I'm just struggling to comprehend with your logic of you being able to solo roid anyone 1 vs 1.

Let's entertain this logic. Let's say for arguments sake that you went up against Black Flag 1 vs 1 (you haven't been able to solo roid Black Flag before). Both alliances are equipped to take on blocks, yet Ultores can solo roid them.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:02   #188
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Knight said beat, not roid. The difference is significant.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:04   #189
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Knight said beat, not roid.
The context used, it reads as "a solo war" which means you've got to fight each other 1 on 1.

I'm not denying that Ultores is the best alliance in the game still, but using naive thinking that they can solo roid anyone is just one being arrogant and ignorant.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:09   #190
Knight

Quote:
So you're telling me that you can roid anyone 1vs1?

Let's entertain this logic. Let's say for arguments sake that you went up against Black Flag 1 vs 1. Both alliances are equipped to take on blocks losing minimal roids. How have you come to the conclusion that Ultores (60 planets) will make a better difference than a 3-4 man block?
Who said anything about us doing a better job than a 3-4 alliance block? Have you jumped to some retarded conclusion here Clouds? When i say we are better 1v1, i mean just that, one alliance versus one other alliance. Your response is like Arsene Wenger saying Arsenal would beat Luton, and you arguing that point asking why Arsene thinks Arsenal would be better than 4 teams playing agaisnt Luton at the same time . That analogy probably was not required at all, but meh, i did it anyway.

Ultores peon
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:13   #191
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
The context used, it reads as "a solo war" which means you've got to fight each other 1 on 1.

I'm not denying that Ultores is the best alliance in the game still, but using naive thinking that they can solo roid anyone is just one being arrogant and ignorant.
Beating an alliance does not require roiding them. In the real world, blocks are a fact of life, so you will get roided at some point, and will you be able to gain roids at others. But in a 1v1 fight between the two best alliances in the game (BF and Ult, I think it's safe to say), the overwhelming likelihood is that both of your alliances will get sub-5% land rates on the other. In such a scenario, all else being equal, if an alliance builds more refs than you, they win. If they keep up with their HCT better than you, they win. If they have more FCs than you, they win. If they crash less value than you, they win. If they initiate more efficiently, they win. Etc.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Sep 2015 at 15:18.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:18   #192
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

imo, (very stats related but) _winning_ 1v1 isn't really happening these days, it's both sides losing to everyone else instead.

Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:34   #193
Knight

Quote:
imo, (very stats related but) _winning_ 1v1 isn't really happening these days, it's both sides losing to everyone else instead.
Very true

Ultores peon
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 15:56   #194
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
PA has never, and will never be anything wich you can call 1v1.
Ultores is the best alliance of modern PA. The only alliance that was at their level was FAnG

Unread 24 Sep 2015, 16:07   #195
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Ultores is the best alliance of modern PA. The only alliance that was at their level was FAnG
Both with a good core and a dc that centralizes the defense during crisis.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 16:15   #196
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Both with a good core and a dc that centralizes the defense during crisis.
Those rounds there were "crisis" from the start of the round untill the end, both alliances went at each other, they didnt NAP untill they had a big enough block to hit the other.
But yeah, their recall rate was a lot higher than whats normal these days

Unread 24 Sep 2015, 16:33   #197
Clouds

Quote:
FAnG were good, but they were no way on Ultores' level.

FAnG only won one round against Ultores, so you can hardly say that FAnG and Ultores were the same.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 16:41   #198
Tommy
Sain†s

Quote:
What comprises "modern" PA?
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 16:45   #199
Clouds

The round FAnG won, they had half of Ultores' incoming which suggests they had a lot more help than Ultores. I remember being part of a gang bang on Ultores (while in TGV), helping FAnG. So I'm not sure how you can compare FAnG to Ultores, or even say that FAnG were on Ultores' level.

Round 49
FAnG Incs: 2880
Ultores Incs: 4356

Last edited by Clouds; 24 Sep 2015 at 17:20.
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 17:15   #200
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

FAnG (or sexy pirates as they were that round) had loads of help and really weren't alone anytime during the round.